Hello, Babysitter

Um..ma!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ap...pa. Try calling appa, Hae,” Siwon, who squatted in front of his nine-months old son, cooed at at the baby one fine morning as the father and son were eating breakfast.

“Kyu umma!” Donghae laughed happily, calling out the only two words he knew. The last few weeks of constantly calling out those two words made him good at pronouncing them.

“Donghae-ah, why won’t you call appa?” Siwon sighed as he looked at his laughing baby exasperatedly.

The tall man then glanced at the clock wall before throwing all dirty plates in the sink and carried Donghae.

“We will practice again when appa come home later, okay?” Siwon slightly shook his giggling son before both entered Siwon’s Audi.

Fifteen minutes later, the flashy car stopped in front of a grumpy suit-wearing man before the shorter entered the car.

“Good morning, Kyu,” Siwon smiled widely as he stepped on the gas pedal again.

Kyuhyun merely grunted while wearing the safety belt.

“Kyu, can you tell me how you make Donghae call your name?” Siwon side-glanced at the younger.

“What?” Kyuhyun frowned at the stupid question. “I didn’t teach your son.”

“Then, why—“

“Maybe you should stop saying my name so many times in front of your son,” Kyuhyun snorted, earning a blush from the CEO.

“Kyu umma!” the baby squealed from behind, delighted seeing his favorite person.

Sighing, Kyuhyun turned to free the baby from the baby seat and put the boy on his lap.

“Kyu umma!” the happy giggled as he tried to reach Kyuhyun’s short hair.

“Yes, it is me; can you please not grab my hair and not call me your umma?” Kyuhyun grumbled, although his face show tenderness at the child, which warmth Siwon’s heart as he watched his son’s interaction with his infatuated one.

“Umma! Umma!” Donghae cheekily called the other.

“He is just like you,” Kyuhyun concluded as he hold the youngest’s hands to prevent the baby from pulling his hair.

“Of course, he is my baby,” Siwon said proudly with a chuckle, patting his son’s head affectionately.

The car came to a halt and Kyuhyun put the baby back to the baby’s seat, not without the wail of the upset boy.

“I will see you again later, Hae. Don’t be a cry baby,” Kyuhyun said a little sternly as he left the car.

“He is so suitable to be your mom, right, Hae?” Siwon smiled foolishly at Kyuhyun’s retreating figure.

The baby stopped crying.

 

•°•°•


“You are leaving Donghae with me?” Kyuhyun scowled at the taller male beside him as the car drove passed the bus station.

“It is only for three days, Kyu. I have an urgent meeting out town and I can’t think of anyone better other than you to take care of Hae. And Hae is definitely attached to you already, Kyu. Please?” Siwon looked the lawyer beside him pleadingly.

“Watch the road, Won,” Kyuhyun warned the other before sighing and glancing at the jovial baby on his lap. “Do I have any other choice?”

Kyuhyun had again took Donghae out of the baby’s seat and put it on his lap the moment he entered the car when Siwon picked him up from work.

“It is only for the night and morning, Kyu. You can still work like usual,” Siwon grinned before the car stopped in front of Kyuhyun’s apartment.

Kyuhyun put the baby back into his seat before exiting the car, not before saying goodbye to only the distressed baby.

“Good night, Kyu. Sleep tight,” was the last thing Kyuhyun heard before he walked into his apartment.

•°•°•


“So this is Donghae’s diapers, baby milk, and baby food,” Siwon placed all the said things on Kyuhyun’s coffee table very early in the morning.

“It’s too early, Won,” Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes and grumbled.

“I’m sorry, Kyu, but my flight was in four in the morning and the daycare hadn’t open yet,” Siwon looked at him with guilt.

Kyuhyun looked at the tired Siwon in front of him before his eyes glanced to the sleeping baby on his couch.

“Then I’ll be going, Kyu. I’m sorry to bother you. Say bye to Hae for me,” Siwon grinned before walking out of the room, escorted by Kyuhyun.

“Don’t sleep too late, and you need to eat when it’s the time. Hae will video call you every night,” Kyuhyun said, the younger’s face not meeting Siwon’s as a faint blush could be seen even under the minimal light.

“And safe flight,” the lawyer mumbled before shutting the door right in front of the surprised Siwon.

“Kyu?” Siwon knocked on the door, but nothing could be heard again. “Have a good day, Kyu. I will miss you,” Siwon said slightly louder, before walking back to his car.

“Idiot,” Kyuhyun – who was carrying little Hae into his bedroom – muttered, although there was a smile adorning his face.

 

•°•°•


“Kyu umma!” Donghae kept calling each time he gulped the baby food Kyuhyun fed him.

“Hae, stop calling me umma. You can call me Kyu, but I’m not your umma, okay?” Kyuhyun sighed as he told the baby softly.

“Kyu... umma?” Hae looked up at his favorite person with wide tear-filled eyes. “Umma! Umma!” the boy started to thrash around with a loud cry.

“Hae, Donghae, you might fall,” Kyuhyun frowned and put the baby in his arms.

“Umma! Kyu umma!” Donghae kept crying as Kyuhyun rocked the baby in his arms.

“Alright, alright, you can call me that, only when your appa wasn’t here alright?” Kyuhyun looked at the baby fondly as the baby started to giggle and cling to him.

“Kyu umma,” Donghae called again with a big gummy smile.

“Alright, now we need to put you in the daycare and I need to work,” Kyuhyun said as he carried the baby and walked to the bus stop.

Twenty five minutes later, Kyuhyun passed baby Hae to the smiley worker with the name tag Jessica.

“Good morning, Donghae,” the lady cooed as the carried the baby. “Are you his uncle?” Jessica asked Kyuhyun.

“Oh, no, I’m not his uncle, I’m his—“

“Umma! Kyu umma!” Donghae exclaimed cheekily.

“I’m definitely not his mother. I’m just his neighbor,” Kyuhyun’s face turned red in embarrassment before he turned and left, not before saying goodbye to a happy Donghae.

 

•°•°•


“Kyu! You coming with us to drink? It had been a while since we have fun together,” Kyuhyun’s best colleague, Changmin, popped his head into Kyuhyun’s office room.

“I’ll pass,” Kyuhyun replied as he hastily took all his important documents and put it into his black suitcase.

“Man, you are no fun!” Changmin whined. “Come on, please?”

“I will pass, Min, I already have a plan tonight,” Kyuhyun stood up and left the room, passing his dejected best friend.

“Aww, with that single daddy?” Changmin’s frown turned into a smirk as the taller raised an eyebrow.

“No, Min,” Kyuhyun scowled at his busy-body friend.

“I don’t believe you at all, Kyuhyun! Have a nice night~” Changmin cackled as he saw his friend’s retreating back into the elevator.

Kyuhyun grumbled all the way out of the apartment about Changmin. Since he told the other about Siwon the second week since he met the single father, which was three months ago, the taller had kept bothering him. He asked when Kyuhyun would date the stranger, or when Kyuhyun would actually introduce the other to Changmin. Kyuhyun had made a mental note to not tell his so-called best friend that the son of that stranger had called him umma.

Kyuhyun’s train of thoughts was interrupted by his phone vibrating in his pocket.

From: Annoying Single Dad
Subject: I miss you L

Night, Kyu. How are you, have a good day?
How’s Hae? I hope he is not bothering you.
Tell him I love you, you can also tell yourself that ;)
I miss you and Hae, Kyu.
Call me back soon?

Kyuhyun shook his head but smiled at the message, before putting the phone into his pocket without replying.

Two bus stops later, Kyuhyun stopped in front of the day care, where another worker named Sooyoung greeted him.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Sooyoung, are you here to pick someone up?”

“I’m here to pick Donghae up. Choi Donghae,” Kyuhyun told the tall woman.

“And...you are?” the lady looked at Kyuhyun in suspicion.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun, I’m friends with Donghae’s father, Choi Siwon. Siwon was working out town right now,” Kyuhyun explained, gaining an understanding look on Sooyoung’s face.

“Ah, I see, you are the Kyu Siwon-ssi and little Hae always talk about,” Sooyoung winked with a giggle.

“W-What?” Kyuhyun widened his eyes as his face turned tomato.

“Siwon-ssi was always smiling happily whenever he came, carrying an equally cheerful Donghae as well. He sometimes talked about you, how you taught him to take care of Donghae,” Sooyoung told the dumbfounded Kyuhyun. “And little Hae here was always calling Kyu umma, Kyu umma,” Sooyoung chuckled at how red the man in front of her was.

“I-I didn’t know that,” Kyuhyun murmured as he looked away.

“Alright, alright, but you are a match with Siwon-ssi, Kyuhyun-ssi. And Donghae definitely likes you, even his first word is your name,” Sooyoung laughed before entering the daycare to bring out Donghae.

Kyuhyun cursed under his breath and took out his phone, which was still displaying Siwon’s message.

To: Annoying Single Dad
Subject: -

I hate you.

Satisfied, the lawyer took Donghae back from the woman’s arms and mumbled a “good night” before leaving for the bus stop.

“Kyu umma, Kyu umma, Kyu umma,” Donghae kept calling all the way to the bus stop.

“What is it, Hae?” Kyuhyun glanced at the baby on his arms.

“Umma,” Donghae called again as he leaned his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Kyuhyun chuckled and the boy’s head softly. “Are you hungry?”

“Umma~”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter