Prologue

Guilty Pleasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue;

 

"Hyung, I said I needed salt, not sugar!" Hongbin whined, rolling his eyes in utter annoyance when he tasted a bit of the stew after he added the grainy white substance Hakyeon had given him. The older's daughter was trailing behind him, waddling in a sturdy pace while fondling her stuffed cat she - against Hakyeon's will - named it 'Leo' after being taught astrology as a past time subject at school. 

 

"Well, I obviously didn't know. You never put labels on your containers." He argued, shoving the plastic container in the younger's face as proof. As said, the transparent plastic container was clean of any label or any sticky substances. Hongbin continued to stir the bubbling stew, gulping down a glass of water in frustration. "Does Hyuk not buy any of that for you?" 

 

"Hyuk is always at University."

 

"Then you buy it! Anyways, what's a little sugar gonna do to your stew. Worse cases, you accidentally spilled soda into your ramen." Hakyeon stated, waving the wooden spoon in front of the younger's face to emphasize what he was saying. "Speaking of Hyuk; where has he been anyways? Hasn't his lessons ended by now? He's been gone since last night." 

 

"Uncle Hyukkie said he was going to meet a friend." The little girl states, her wide puppy eyes focused on the animated colors that flashed across the television screen. "He said not to let Uncle Hongbinnie know, but knowing him, he's gonna find out anyways." 

 

Yoon had always been a smart girl for age, always manage to have a small ounce of sass as she speaks and Hongbin usually blames the cause onto Hakyeon, wh would usual give the younger a smirk, hugging the little girl in his arms fondly. And Hakyeon was glad - Yoon never asked of her father and when Hakyeon brings it up, she smiles and wraps her soft arms around his neck, muttering a few words of consent into his shoulder. 

 

"He has a lesson tomorrow!" Hongbin grumbled, smacking the ladel down onto the countertop. Hakyeon chuckled, scooping up the little girl in his arms. "Ugh! That Han Sanghyuk. Wait 'till I get to him..."

 

Hakyeon glanced over at the fuming younger, snuggling himself against his daughter's soft skin and sighed in content. The touch felt oddly familiar and he knew exactly why. After he declined Taekwoon's offer, his stomach grew as a life also grew inside of him. Hongbin and Sanghyuk never managed to question him until the small ounce of life was born and he poured himself, though, there was no ounce of regret dampening his tone. 

 

"Hongbin-ah, I'll be going to work now! Take care of little Yoonie, alright?" He declared, pecking the young child on the cheek. "Bye, Yoonie! I'll be back before dinner, okay? Be good to Uncle Hongbin and if Uncle Hyukkie returns, go hide in your room. There's no telling what these two manages to do when I'm gone." He giggled, ruffling her hair in amusement.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter