Full on Christmas

In This Life

Hi! I'm back. To apologize for disappearing, here's this Christmas story after Christmas. If you like it, please subscribe and comment. Enjoy. 


Mark had a complex relationship with Christmas and the holiday season. His go to opinion of the holiday season was somewhat dislike, especially as an adult. As an interior designer, he was hired to decorate (That wasn't his true job but the money was decent.) too many houses and businesses around the winter months. One year, before he made better decisions, he decorated for a large, upscale hotel, and it was one of the most stressful experiences of his life.  The amount of gold, red, and various shiny things overloaded his senses for two weeks. He found glitter on himself and random places that he frequently touched for about three months. Once he finished, he was done with the rest of the holiday season. He didn’t decorate his apartment or attend extraneous Christmas celebrations that year.  Ever since that year, which had been the second year of his career, Mark’s Christmas spirit was kept to a minimal. Christmas just became too much everything, and for someone as minimal as Mark, the holiday season usually became overwhelming. The most he did, when he had his own apartment, was stick window clings on his windows and frame them in multicolor lights, minimally decorate a very small Christmas tree, and eat Christmas dinner with his family.

 

It wasn’t until he met Jackson that his outlook on Christmas and the holiday season changed. So any pleasant thoughts for Christmas was mostly because of Jackson. Jackson was always ten times more excited about the holiday season, and other widely celebrated holiday, than Mark. He sprayed fake snow on Mark every Saturday after Thanksgiving since they’d been together. They’d drink various festive drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, after dinner dates. Jackson was almost constantly listening and singing along to every Christmas song. Although it was the most obnoxious thing ever, Mark found it thoroughly entertaining and heartwarming. Jackson usually was able to convince him to somewhat decorate the interior of an apartment and more recently their house.

 

Last year, Mark hadn’t even felt like decorating as he was a new mother, but Jackson had given his best effort to do it himself which had consisted of a not small but not huge fake tree with their combined ornaments and old Christmas lights inside and outside (it was pretty minimal though). They only had a handful of presents underneath the tree. But Christmas hadn’t been pitiful since all the pomp of the festivities had been by Mark’s parents house anyway. It had been lively and warm. It had been a really great Christmas.  

 

Now it was the holiday season again, and Mark was drained as usual.  Although he really wanted to give his daughter a television worthy Christmas with decorations all over the place, he just felt like he couldn't, at least with current mental state. He was in the execution stage of his other holiday designs so it truly was the busiest time for him.  He didn’t have time to decorate the house during the week, and Vivian took up most of his weekend. It had only been a week since Thanksgiving, but Mark already felt impossibly behind. He’d just resigned himself to a simple Christmas this year.

 

Honestly, shaking his head, he was having too many conflicting thoughts and emotions. He placed his phone on the nightstand, and turned over on his side, away from the bathroom door. Jackson was currently in the bathroom getting ready for bed. He hadn’t closed his eyes for more than two minutes when steam and light poured through the opening bathroom door; it was soon extinguished. Mark hoped Jackson would just get in bed and go to sleep immediately, but as per usual, that wasn’t Jackson’s plan.

 

“Mark,” he whispered.  When Jackson didn’t get a response, he walked closer and closer to the bed until he stood by his “sleeping” husband.  “Mark...Mark...Mark,” he continued, and the like the child he could be, he jumped on top of Mark. His larger frame crushing his husband.

 

“What the do you want Jackson?”  Mark hissed with his eyes closed.

 

“Your love.”

 

“Get off of me.” Mark attempted to wiggle from underneath the bulky body on top of him.

 

“Nooo, I want to talk to you,” Jackson whined. He wrapped his arms around Mark and wiggled on top of him.

 

“Jacksonnn…” Mark whined. He didn’t want to talk. He just wanted to sleep.  Honestly, he’d rather be rocking a fussy Vivian to sleep right now.

 

“Marrrkkkk…” Jackson mimicked. He rolled off of Mark, until he was on his back on the other side of the bed, and then he faced Mark. “Mark…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You look really nice right now.”

 

“Your flattery will get you nowhere especially since you can’t actually see my face right now.” Mark rolled over and the side lamp and then rolled back over. “What do you want?”

 

“I don’t know hot say it. I don’t want to step on your toes. I know you’re tired, and now with Vivian, it’s even worse.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Completely disregarding the question, Jackson continued. “I just want to ask you a question that’s not actually a question-”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I want to decorate for Christmas. Vivian might only be one, but she deserves to be in a house full of Christmas spirit, and the only way that will happen is with decorations. We’ll have great family pictures to bring out later. Just imagine how her little eyes will sparkle when she sees how pretty the house looks inside and out. The neighbors will be so jealous, and it’ll be really awesome.”

 

“We have a gate so the neighbors will barely see anything, and Jackson we don’t need to have a discussion about decorating for Christmas.”

 

“Yes we do. You haven’t mentioned picking out a tree, pulling out decorations, buying more decorations and lights, or even a theme. A couple of years ago, right after Thanksgiving, you and I would delve into the chaos of decorating. I was giving you time because I knew you were busy, but it's been a week and our house looks the same.”

 

“You could do it by yourself.”

 

“I've already done that before and it wasn't as nice as you usually do it. We’re a family, and we should decorate together.”

 

Mark grumbled as he scooted closer to Jackson. “I want to decorate, but I just feel burned out.”

 

“We can just make it fun. Come up with a theme or something, and Saturday we’ll pick out a tree. On Sunday we’ll decorate inside. Then another day I’ll decorate the outside. It’ll be so bright outside our house, people will think it’s daytime.”

 

“Jackson…”

 

“Come on Mark. Feel the Christmas spirit.” Jackson hopped on him and started to tickle him. “Feel it. Feel it. Feel it.”

 

Mark thrashed and laughed uncontrollably. His smile radiated through the dimly lit room. “Fine. Fine. Fine,” Mark took sharp, quick inhales of breath. “We can do it. I’ll be cooperative.”

 

“You can’t be a Grinch or a Scrooge.”

 

“I promise.”

 

“Great.” Jackson smiled down. He wrapped his arms around Mark and rolled around on their bed laughing and kissing Mark’s face. They ended up on Jackson’s side of the bed, and Jackson slipped his hand into the drawer pulling out his holiday season starting item. With no warning, he pulled out a can of fake snow and sprayed it all over Mark and their bed.

 

Mark gave a high pitched scream while struggling to get out of Jackson’s arms. “JACKSON WANG!” Mark wriggled out of his husband’s arms and looked at the state of their bed. It was covered in synthetic, white flurries. Jackson continued to laugh as Mark hopped out of the bed and trudged to the bathroom. Mark almost screamed again when he saw himself on the mirror.  There was white all over his face and in his hair. “Dammit Jackson,” he muttered with a smile as he started plucking flurries from his hair as he did almost every year since they’d been together. What was he getting himself into?



 

“Jackson, we’re not getting a natural tree.”

 

“Why not?” Jackson whined. They were at a large tree farm. In Jackson’s opinion the only reason one goes to a tree farm is to get a real Christmas tree, especially if you woke up extra early and drove two hours to get there. It was snowy too so he had to drive extra careful.

 

Mark just quirked an eyebrow at him, rolled his eyes, and looked down at his daughter. Vivian was holding his finger tightly as she experimentally walked in the snow. He smiled and turned back to Jackson who still had a pout on his face. “We’re not getting a completely natural tree because last time we did you were sneezing and sniffling constantly.  You kept sneezing while we tried to open presents. I don’t want to deal with that again.”

 

“Why did we even come here then?”

 

“For the experience. I wanted Vivian to play and walk in the snow. I also wanted to look at the flocked trees.”

 

“But I want a natural tree,” Jackson whined. He pouted a bit before dragging his feet toward Mark and Vivian who were slowly moving through the line of trees.

 

“No Jackson.” Mark picked their daughter up and then transferred her into Jackson’s arms. “We’re going to get a really pretty tree. I promise. I told you I have a concept.”

 

“I know.” Jackson continued to pout until their daughter played with his face. He nibbled at her small, chubby fingers. “Why did we have to come all the way here to get a flocked tree, besides the snow reason?”

 

“Its simple,” Mark said as a blinding smile split his face, “Here we can choose whichever tree we want flocked.”

 

With that, their argument was settled. Jackson would get to pick out the perfect tree with Vivian, and Mark would have it flocked red. His theme for the year was a bold, in-your-face Christmas. With smiles on their faces for different reasons, the couple inspected and bickered about 76% of the trees they came across. After about an hour and a half of searching, they came across the perfect tree. Vivian clapped excitedly for it when she touched it. It was about 7 and ½ feet tall. There was a definite point, perfect for holding a star, and it was full and smelled like Christmas. Too bad it won’t smell like that for long. I’ll buy some scent pouches or something to make up for it, Mark mused. He clicked the button in his coat pocket for an employee to help them with their tree.  An hour later, a fire truck red tree was strapped to the roof of their SUV. The couple looked at their purchase with pride as they sipped the complimentary hot chocolate. Vivian was being fed soft cookies by one of the employees nearby. They mentally checked off the tree from their list of things to do.

 

When they got back, Vivian was asleep, as she had been for most of the ride. Jackson put her in her crib quietly before he and Mark dragged the tree into their formal living room, which mostly served as a play area. Without too too many lost needled, the tree was placed in the tree stand by a very strong Jackson who was complemented profusely by his husband.  

 

“Don’t forget we have to water it,” Mark said casually as he swept up fallen needles.

 

“No way.”

 

“It’s a plant. Like a bouquet of flowers, it needs to be watered and fed so it doesn’t completely die.”

 

Jackson made a face, remembering to do more chores was annoying, and continued securing the tree. After making sure it was secure by shaking more needles on the floor, Mark wrapped a large and expensive tree skirt around it. They dragged the ornaments from years past and the new ones into the living room. Jackson then strung the white lights around the tree as directed by Mark who wanted it to be perfect. Perfectionist Mark only appeared when he was doing work or taking pictures and was extremely aware and nitpicky. Jackson never missed that version of his husband. Just as Jackson plugged the light in, a loud wail permeated through the house from the second floor.

 

Mark walked up the stairs to attend to their formerly sleeping beauty. Once he appeared, she was instantly quiet. Just like her father she craved attention. He picked her up and placed her on the changing table. Jackson had left her in most of her outdoor wear. With all the care in the world, Mark peeled off her clothes and dressed her in a long-sleeve, footed onesie. Her black hair was all over her head, and Mark fell in love all over again.

 

“Are you hungry? Let’s eat something yummy before we decorate,” Mark said with a smile.

 

They returned to see Jackson passed out on the couch. Mark flicked his forehead causing Jackson to jerk and look around.

 

“Let’s eat.” Mark walked to the kitchen.

 

Jackson followed almost silently besides the grumbling. Mark cut up pieces of cheese and fruit for Vivian while Jackson made ramen for the two of them. He even made sure to cut up strips of beef to make it more hearty. Vivian seemed to gobble up everything in front of her as Mark continued to place food in front of her. He even stole some of the meat Jackson prepared and cut it into small cubes. He placed bread in front of her before pulling out the vegetables. By the time the ramen was done, Vivian had eaten two slice of bread, six slices of cheese, a good portion of meat, an apple, a pear, an orange, a good amount of carrots. She ate without too much of a fuss which was made Mark incredibly proud. She was an excellent baby.

 

They sat at the kitchen island and ate their ramen. Mark’s had cheese on top just how he liked it. Jackson ate his as loudly as he could to make his daughter laugh. He was successful. By the time they were done, Mark wanted to take a nap, but he had a lot of work ahead of him. They cleaned up the kitchen and moved back to the tree. Placing Vivian in her playpen, Mark started unpacking the new boxes while Jackson tackled the old.

 

Once everything was laid our, Mark lifted Vivian from her playpen and balanced her on his hip.

 

“Do you want to help your parents make the tree pretty?”

 

Every ornament they picked out she touched, getting glitter all over her fingers from the glittery ones. Slowly, but surely the tree was decorated with every color ornament possible. Jackson placed the star on top with Vivian in one arm while Mark held the step ladder. Mark was so pleased with the outcome. Their tree didn’t have the color-coordination and meticulous placement of the trees he decorated professionally. Even so, it was the most beautiful one he’d made in a while because he got to design it with his daughter and husband. The vibrance of the red tree stirred the passion in his designing soul. Somehow in one day, Mark felt overwhelming Christmas spirit.

 

The next day was the hardest, and most fun for him: decorating the house. It wasn’t something he did with other people, not even Jackson, unless they were his assistants at work. He planned to spend all of Sunday, and some of Monday, without Jackson’s knowledge, decorating. He woke up at 5:55, even before his daughter, to make wreaths: three for the garage doors and one for the front door and one for his job. Once his family was up, they played Christmas music through the speakers that were all around the house. Jackson focused on not disturbing Mark’s focus and fixing pancakes.  Mark sat in their family room adding glitter the wreath along with small additions that made each wreath unique. Jackson called him to the breakfast table as he attached the last decoration to the  last wreath. Four wreaths in four and half hours was about as good as his record was going to get.

 

Mark ate breakfast quickly before returning to his decorating extravaganza. He had Jackson hang the wreaths with strict direction on the doors. The last wreath was wrapped and placed in his car. Vivian didn’t pay attention to her parents and just walked around while touching anything in sight. Once the task was accomplished, they moved inside for Mark to continue decorating.

 

Returning to his “workspace” in the family room, Mark moved on to bows that would hang along the staircase banister and railings inside and outside the house. He snipped, folded, assembled, and sewed the bows (he made about twenty and feared going back) before he attached them to their place. With a lot of effort, he attached  the bows together using the same ribbon. He’d bought an incredible amount amount of ridiculously large spools of ribbon.

 

Wreaths, check. Bannister decorations, check. Mark thought. From there were the easier parts, except assembling the centerpieces for many of their large tables. As a break, he changed all the hand towels in the bathrooms to festives ones. As soon as he was done, he made centerpieces for the breakfast table, two for the dining table, one for the coffee table in the family room,  one for the outdoor dining table, and one for the outdoor lounge area table. By the time he was done, Mark was wiped out so he searched for his partner in life to complete the rest.

 

After doing a lot of searching, he found them in the movie room, with Jackson sitting up while asleep with Vivian wide awake in his lap watching a Disney cartoon played on the screen. Vivian didn’t even notice him as walked in the row behind them. Mark decided the best way to surprise Jackson and not startle him too much was to cover his eyes and whisper in his ear.

 

“Gaga, wake up,” Mark whispered lightly as he hands hovered in front of Jackson’s face.

 

Jackson shook his head even as Mark continued to whisper. Giving up on his subtle approach, Mark just bit his husband’s ear. With a firm, not too hard bite, Jackson yelped, startling their daughter a little.

 

“What the-? Mark? Why?”

 

“You’re on the job so you shouldn’t be sleeping.”

 

Jackson rolled his eyes before leaning back in the chair and getting more comfortable. “That can’t be your reason for biting me or for leaving your work.”

 

“You’re right.” Mark paused. “You weren’t waking up when I whispered in your ear.”

 

“That doesn’t complete all of my inquiries.”

 

“I came here because I need you to make like ten to fifteen small centerpieces.”

 

Jackson’s slowly closing eyes popped open. He turned around to look Mark. “What?!”

 

“Centerpieces. Well they’re more like decoration. I need you to make a bunch. I’ve done the hard ones, these are small and easy.”

 

“Why don’t you do them since they’re ‘easy?’”

 

“I’m tired of making them, and I want to move on to the dining table.”

 

“Why should I?”

 

“You always want to make decorations, and this is your opportunity.”

 

“But fifteen?”

 

“Well there needs to be one in each bathroom, the coffee table in our room, and one in like two or three guest rooms. “

 

“So thirteen?”

 

“Yes thirteen.”

 

Jackson sighed loudly, “You’re lucky I love you. I’m going to make sure to make a couple of them ugly once I reach my limit.” He got up and gathered Vivian back in his arms.

 

“I think all of them will be ugly,” Mark said teasingly.

 

Jackson stuck his tongue out before leaning down to kiss Mark. “You’ll see them and think ‘Jackson should do this for a living. He’s so talented.’”

 

Going to join his as they left the theatre room, Mark bumped into him slightly. “If you say so.”

 

Vivian wasn’t interested in what her parents were doing so she played quietly in her playpen in the family room. Mark and Jackson made two centerpieces together. Then Jackson made one on his own under Mark’s supervision. Once verbally certified in small centerpiece making, Mark left to decorate one of his favorite spaces to decorate: the dining


 

With his keen eye and care, Mark turned their dining table into a magazine worthy masterpiece. The elaborate centerpiece was obviously the focal point, but the dinnerware, silverware, and cloth things were expertly placed.  Their glass dining table shimmered with gold, silver, and red everything. He had a perfectly smooth (he’d ironed it himself) cream tablecloth, with beautiful placemats and chargers on top. The napkins were beautifully placed in their ring. Mark’s eyes started tearing up as the finished product. It was a true work of art. He even uploaded pictures to his social media pages.

 

From there, he moved to the fireplace in the living room where the tree was. Above the fireplace was a ridiculously large wedding photo that Jackson insisted on. Mark wanted to change it to a growing collage of family photos, but that could wait until another time.  He decorated the mantle with stockings, Christmas photos, holiday cards, and candles. It didn’t take too long, but it just made the room feel like Christmas central.

 

Once he finished, Mark checked his phone. It was filled with notifications of picture from his husband of every single centerpiece. Begrudgingly, most of them weren’t awful. Even the ones that were had a feeling of pride to them that Mark wouldn’t touch. With that, Mark decided to end his decorating spree for the night. He joined the rest of his family for dinner. Afterwards, they attempted to watch a movie, but both Mark and Jackson fell asleep soon after. Once the movie was over, Vivian got super fussy, waking her parents up.

 

They got up and did their nighttime routine. Changed Vivian’s diaper and clothes before her final feeding. Whoever wasn’t on feeding duty that night, Jackson, got to take a shower. Mark just sat in the nursery with his daughter in his arms, rocking her back and forth. She was asleep soon after finishing. These were the moments Mark treasured the most: Vivian was focused on him and he was focused on her. Although he hated to break the moment, he was too tired to hold her too much longer. He got up, placed her in her crib, and left.

 

Jackson was on his phone when Mark came in to shower. By the time he exited, Jackson was dead to the world. Mark just shook his head and climbed into the bed. Jackson looked so relaxed like this. Normally, he was always “on” and everything that came with that: focus, energy, and chattiness. Behind that was the tiredness from having so much work. Since Vivian was born, Jackson seemed less exhausted, and Mark was happy about that. Moving Jackson’s hair from his face, Mark settled down for sleep, which hit him instantaneously.

 

The next day, Mark took the afternoon off to finish the rest of the decorations. It was really simple. He placed poinsettias along the driveway and sporadically in the halls. He also set up small decorations for the stairs. With a lot of care, he tried to make sure  He melted some scented wax, which filled the air with the smell of Christmas trees. Mark was proud of himself. The house looked really festive, and he couldn’t be happier. The best way to celebrate was to relax on the couch in the family room.

 

“Martin was so clumsy today,” Jackson said as he walked in the house. “He apologized so much, but he still stained my gift from your mom. It was a really nice coat too. Your mom is going to be so mad. He got mad when I lost my first birthday gift from him. I mean I found it, but he didn’t let me do anything for two weeks. I never told him-”

 

“Who the- are you talking to Jackson?” Mark shot his head up, cutting himself off from cursing.

 

“Mark? What are you doing home?”

 

“I had to finish decorating.”

 

Jackson looked around and down the hallway. “I thought those flowers and small Christmas trees weren’t there this morning. It looks beautiful. You’re so good. I love you.” Jackson bent to kiss Mark softly on the lips. Mark smiled before making grabby hands at his daughter.



 

-The Next Weekend-

 

“Jackson, how many packs of lights are you going to buy?”

 

“As many as we need to decorate. We need some in the house along the spindles of the staircase, also to cover the legs of the pergola, and all over the outside.”

 

“You’re going to climb on the roof of our house? That sounds dangerous.”

 

“I’m going to buy a ladder. It’ll be fine.”

 

“Jackson…”

 

“Mark the house is going to be so beautiful you won’t know what to do with yourself.”

 

Mark just rolled his eyes and continued to push the basket. Vivian was at her grandparents while her parents shopped for lights. Their basket was filled with lights of different colors and that were way too expensive in Mark’s opinion. Sure they could be controlled by an app and had really awesome displays, but Mark was a traditionalist that appreciated simplicity.

 

“Mark, Mark, Mark.” Jackson snapped in front of Mark’s face.”

 

Mark slapped his hand away. “What?”

 

“Don’t be too overwhelmed by the awesomeness I’m going to have on our house.”

 

Mark just rolled his eyes and continued shopping. Jackson was probably right. “You’re buying inflatables too?”

 

“Don’t fall,” Mark called out as he toted Vivian in one arm and a grocery bag in the other. Jackson, who had refused to go shopping with them, was on the roof hanging lights. As soon as they’d gotten back, they’d wrapped lights all over the staircase and hung them in the house. The doors and windows were trimmed in lights. Anything space they’d chosen to light up that didn’t require a ladder was illuminated. Now the most public and hardest task was putting lights up outside which was dangerous. Mark didn’t want ti deal with Jackson in the hospital at all.

 

“ I won’t.” Jackson looked back at his family waving and smiling. He went back to his task, attaching lights to the house. It took him all afternoon to do just the front of the house. After dinner, he was attaching lights to the side of the house.

Jackson didn’t go to work the next day as he walked all over the roof making some sort of design, it was just straight. By the end of the day, the entire house was illuminated to the optimum light capacity.

 

Mark came home late from work and had to pick Vivian up from his sister’s house. The baby was in a state of shock as she looked at all the lights as they drove up the driveway. Mark was astounded at the design. It was beautiful. The lights outlined every peak and roofline. The lights had effects that made the lights more spectacular. Vivian babbled as she wriggled in his arms trying to see the lights.

 

“Wow, he actually did it.” Mark muttered to himself. He did believe that Jackson was going to use the lights to make the house more festive, but he hadn’t expected it to look this good. Mark fanned his eyes to stop himself from crying. He walked all around the side of the house pointing out where all the lights were to his child.

 

When they finished, Jackson was in the backyard with his hands in his jean pockets. He had this adorable smug look on his face that bad Mark beaming in return. “What do you think?”

 

“Its perfect.”

 

“Why thank you.” Jackson walked up his husband and held his face in one of his hands. “Why are you looking at me like that? I know I’m super awesome and talented, but you don’t have to look so amazed.”

 

“I am amazed. You exceeded my expectations. These lights are so beautiful. I love you Gaga.”

 

Jackson pressed his lips to Mark’s and deepened the kiss. “I love you too.”


“I love the inflatables by the way.”

 

Jackson chuckled and they walked inside for dinner.




 

Mark felt his body levitate hit the mattress and levitate again. It happened a couple more times before Mark opened his eyes. Jackson’s legs were straddling him as he bounced up and down on the mattress.

 

“Mark! Mark! Mark! It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas!”

 

“Yes,” Mark turned his head away from the voice and pulled his pillow over his head. “It’s the perfect time to sleep late.”

 

“No!” Jackson ripped the pillow away from Mark’s grasp.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“7 o’clock in the morning.”

 

“No. I’m going to sleep.”

 

“Jian He is awake.”

 

Mark bolted up. “No”

 

“Yes.”

 

“ you Jackson.”

 

“I didn’t wake her up. I just walked in her room and picked her up.”

 

“So you did wake her up? This better be worth it.”

 

Mark got out of bed and shrugged on pajamas. He seriously was reconsidering one of the gifts for Jackson that he’d put under the tree. They went back into Vivian’s room and picked her up from her sleepy daze in her crib.

 

“Are you mad at Daddy for waking you up? I am too.” Mark turned and noticed Jackson’s pouty face. “I’m joking Jackson. I’m actually really excited.”

 

As they walked to the tree, Mark reminisced about their holiday reason. They hunted for a tree, decorated it together, decorated the inside and the outside their house, they’d gone Christmas caroling (They’d gone with their friends. BamBam, Yugyeom, and Youngjae found it fun, while Jinyoung thought it was hilarious. Jaebum stayed in the back with Mark. Jackson was excited the entire ride home, while Mark was embarrassed. Seo Jung was asleep most of the time. Vivian just wiggled, smile, and clapped. ), and they strolled through neighborhoods to look at the lights. It was something Mark would remember for the rest of his life.

 

They got to the tree and there were so many presents underneath it. It was every child’s dream tree.

 

“It’s so pretty right Gigi? Let’s take a picture. Jackson take a picture of us.”

 

Mark posed with Vivian. Then Jackson posed with Vivian. Then they had a family picture.

 

As they looked through the pictures and chose which ones they wanted to print, Mark leaned into Jackson and kissed his cheek. “Thank you for making this Christmas so great. You’re a wonderful husband and father. Thank you for pushing me outside of my comfort zone. I love you ten times more than yesterday.”

 

“Only ten times? I love you one hundred times than yesterday.”

 

Mark nibbled at his face. “Shut up.”

 

“But even if your love doesn’t multiply like mine, I still am glad you think all of those things for me. You are a great mother and husband. You keep me on earth while letting me dream immensely. Everyday you become more amazingly Mark, and I’m so happy to be married to you. You’re my true love.”

 

The couple kissed for a while until their daughter toddled over to them.

 

“Hello you.” Jackson said as he picked her up and placed her into his lap. “I’m going to go out on a limb and say that everything I’m about to tell you your mother agrees with.” Mark nodded. “Vivian Jian He Wang also known as Gigi. We love you so much. Thank you for coming into our lives bringing your beauty, grace, smiles, voracious appetite, cuteness, laugh, and ridiculous temper tantrums. I hope that for the rest of your life you continue to reward us with your life. Now give us a hug.”

 

Vivian wrapped her short arms around her parents. “Heart heart.”

 

Her parents smiled as she, in her own way, conveyed her feelings.


Hi again. I'm not going to say this is the best chapter I've written (it's probably the worst). I'm sorry it's late; it took me longer than expected to write. It started off as a hopefully funny story about Jackson hanging lights, but I can't write well enough to make a comedy or even something long enough to be decent. Thank you for sticking with this story even with my failed promises and being absent for a long time. I just got caught up with school and I wasn't able to dedicate the time to write. I'm going to make an effort to actually start the chaptered portion of this story, but not for a while. I want to write finish my other story and write some one shots. I'm sorry I'm so unreliable, but please stick around. I love you all.