1/1

Look At Me

 

He tried. He really did tried.

Donghyuk really tried to not let Jinhwan and Junhoe's "intimacy" get into him. But it had proven to be a difficult thing to do.

It was their concert in Shenzen and the "JunHwan" couple's fanservice was over the top. The crowd of fans was cheering as Jinhwan and Junhoe showed their so-called chemistry. 

Donghyuk held himself from rolling his eyes. The fans were right in front of him, for God's sake. He would get called rude, if they realized he was rolling his eyes on stage. Or they would probably assume that he was sick or possibly loosing his mind - which is not totally untrue. And with that proximity - Donghyuk seriously has to complaint about this - of the fans with the stage, they will realize if he was rolling his eyes.

It has been a long time. Donghyuk has been keeping his feelings for Junhoe for quite a long time. Probably from the first few months of his training. Though, he had only realize it during their second survival programme, Mix and Match.

Junhoe was the fourth member to be announce as fix member, while Donghyuk was the last. He was so damn nervous and anxious about it then. He was one of the six who went through WIN and he was really afraid that he wouldn't make it. Guess, he had this burdensome feelings of being one of the original members who was much more expected than the three other newcomers. 

At that time, he was suffering all by himself. The anxiety and the burden his family and friends outside YG gave him. Hanbin came to him from time to time but he didn't know much what to do, beside he had to prepare for their debut song. Bobby was busy with the Hip Hop Project and the Born Hater single. Jinhwan was too busy comforting the other members.

After his name was announced, Junhoe was with Donghyuk all the time. Trying to make him chill a little bit, because according to him, Donghyuk was so tense it made him looked older than Jinhwan. Because they were both in the maknae line and didn't have a big , the had always been hanging out together. Donghyuk had told Junhoe all his worries and Junhoe comfort him. He reassured Donghyuk that he will make it.

They had gotten closer after that. But just like any friendzoned people out there, Donghyuk hid his feelings for Junhoe because he doesn't want to "ruin" their friendship. That was his mistake. That was why Junhoe agreed to the other members suggestion to gave more fanservices to the "JunHwan" couple's shippers. That was why he had to grit his teeth and forced a smile when Yunhyeong asked for his opinion on the suggestion.

"Donghyuk, you alright?" Hanbin pulled him back to reality when the leader noticed he was standing there, forcing a smile to their fans, for a good twenty seconds. Just like in any other secret love story, there was always one person who realize his feelings. It just happened to be the leader. Which was odd because when they were home, Hanbin rarely came home from the studio. Well, he practically live at his studio. Donghyuk had wondered so many times if the other members - Junhoe -  had noticed too. But they - Junhoe - were giving no signs of knowing, or they - Junhoe - were a bunch of talented actors.

"Yeah, hyung. I'm okay. Sorry," Donghyuk said and Hanbin nodded.

After a while, they finished the show for that day.

Backstage was crowded, the trip to the hotel was tiring, and the hotel room was lonely, as always.

Donghyuk shared room with Junhoe, but when he got to their room, Junhoe wasn't there yet. Donghyuk usually would question that, but he was too damn tired - and emotionally drained - to think about it. So, he shrugged the question off and went to take shower. He was finished half an hour later and he found a flustered Junhoe sitting at the edge of one of the twin bed.

Again, usually Donghyuk would question this, but this time he shrugged it off and said, "Go, take a shower."

He watched as Junhoe got flustered by his words. "What?" Donghyuk asked while walking towards his own bed beside the huge window. He laid there and sighed as he felt his muscles relaxed at the soft bed under him.

Junhoe turned towards him. "I was from Jinhwan hyung's room."

Donghyuk raised a brow. He definitely doesn't need and doesn't want to hear this. But it would be weird if he ignore Junhoe after he said that.

"I asked for an advice."

"So?"

"I want to tell you about it."

"Do I need to know about this?" Donghyuk asked. He was really, really tired. And he doesn't want to hear about another "JunHwan" interaction.

"YES!" Donghyuk raised a brow. "I mean, yes."

Donghyuk turned his body and laid down on his elbow to support his body. "Okay, just hurry up and tell me. I'm so sleepy."

Junhoe's face turned red and he grew more restless. Donghyuk started to question this sudden nervousness his friend showed. Is something bothering him? Donghyuk asked. "I asked Jinhwan hyung for advice on how to ask a guy out. He told me to just be a man and ask."

"So you asked him? You owe him a date now?" Donghyuk asked, trying to hid his bitter feelings. 

Now, it was Junhoe's turn to be confuse. "What do you mean? Why would I ask Jinhwan hyung on a date?" he asked.

And now, Kim Donghyuk was pissed. "Oh, maybe because you two have that amazing chemistry on stage that you two complement each other. And in short, the two of you were made for each other."

Junhoe then laughed. "What? You thought I was going to date Jinhwan hyung? Hell no! It was all just an act. You know that. You were there when we discuss about it," Junhoe said.

Donghyuk knew. He was just blinded by jealousy, just like any other person in love. "So, who were you planning on asking then?"

Junhoe stood up and went to Donghyuk's side. He leaned down and whispered, "You."

The other guy was a blushing madness when Junhoe straightened his back. Donghyuk's body stiffened and he was beyond flustered. His brain was still trying to register that answer while his heart already understood, thus causing his heart to beating so hard against his ribcage and his blood rushing up to his face. "W- what?"

"You heard me. I'm asking you out. I like you since forever and I want us to be the real couple unlike the 'JunHwan' couple," Junhoe explained. But then he realized Donghyuk unresponsive being and suddenly got worried. Initially, he was pretty sure their feelings were mutual. Now? Not so much. "Give it some thoughts, Dong. If it's really a no, then I hope nothing would change in our friendship," Junhoe muttered, feeling dejected.

Hearing that, almost better than a splash of cold water. Donghyuk jumped up almost immediately. "No. I don't need to give it anymore thoughts," Donghyuk said. When he saw Junhoe's down expression, he realized the other guy still doesn't get it, so he continued, "It was really hard for me before. And I had been thinking about it a lot these past few years. I have given it so much thoughts, so I don't want to think anymore. I like you too, Goo Junhoe. I really really like you."

Junhoe's face lit up and almost on impulse, he pulled the younger guy into his embrace.

Donghyuk was more than glad. He was really happy. At least now, eventhough he has to watch his boyfriend - he was still a blushing madness thinking about it - and his Jinhwan hyung's fanservice on stage, he could say that this guy is his.

 

 

fin.

 

 

 

another not-so-important author's note

Words count: 1,3k.

I'm absolutely the happiest. This story also marks my first ever story here in AFF. At least in this account. You can check my other works in my other account, PrincessErza. That username was so embarrassing I decided to make a new account. I'm still gonna update my stories there, but no promises at all.

I'm sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors. Like I said, English is not my first language.

Lastly, I wanna say thank you to you all for reading this. Especially @shoojurg from Twitter. I hope you enjoy my writing.

amethysbeauty.