Sayonara ni Sayonara

Saynora ni Sayonara
 
The place seemed so dark… Even though the whole place was white. Yet, the atmosphere was dark.
I was thrown here, because I killed my last only relation, my godmother. They had labeled me as 'Psycho' as I always ended up killing people whom I live with after specific of 5 days. I looked down at my tight clothing. As always, it was white. Yes, it was tight however, it still had enough space for my skin to breath, not for movement. The sleeves were extremely long. It was long enough to bind me. The whole wall was cushioned comfortably. People mentioned that this place was like hell in disguise as there was nothing but cushioned walls and you yourself. Even so, to me… It seemed like the perfect place.
 
The perfect place to sleep.
 
The sudden sound of like hiss of an escaped gas averted my attention from the cushioned ceilings. Immediately, when a person entered, I startled them with a question, "Why do you have to cushion the high ceilings as well? It's not as if we could jump that high,"
 
The first doctor who entered was taken aback at the inquiry but managed to respond to it with stutters, "T-That's for safety precautions purposes. There is no harm going an extra mile is it not?"
 
"I see. But then again, it intrigues me that you even spend all those budget into this room. It is as if my ideal place. Ah. If it is alright with you, can I have a laptop along with some wifi connection here?" I pressed further and the doctor's expression went pale. High likely for the fact that my face may looked like an insane person. Well, I'm one since I was brought into this asylum.
 
"How are you going to use the laptop if your hands were bound? Even if we comply to your request. We might just give you a laptop without wifi settings or Wifi with passwords," another voice came in. However, this voice was different. It was a woman's. Intuitively I smiled out of a male's reaction when they have yet met a woman for a long time. Even so, it didn't affect me much because her words were much stronger than her presence.
 
The first doctor that entered went flustered upon her arrival, "Prof. You mustn't! I have yet made clearance that he is safe!"
 
"But he did not attack me right? Doesn't mean he is safe enough?" the woman responded nonchalantly without giving the doctor much of an argument. I like this woman. She piqued my interest. Unlike all other examiners or some elite people that immediately label me as 'Psycho' after seeing one of my smile. Does my smile looked that creepy? I had forgotten my face ever since I was thrown into this white cell. The logical reason was that the room's white had affected my sight. Even when I first saw the doctor, it took me some time to get other colours registered. However, when I saw the female, I clearly saw blue and light green. She wore pastel colours that didn't hurt my eyes unlike the others.
 
I crossed my legs after I decided to sit down and stared at the two humans looking down on me. I could see the difference in the two stares that I couldn't help but to scoff. The doctor gave me an expected reaction, "You! What do you think is funny?! Do not forget that I have the capability to allow you live or die. Do not disrespect me!"
However the other gave me an unexpected one. She kneeled down to my level and looked at me, "Are you okay? That cough might not sound serious but you can't be too careful right?" When she extended her hand, the doctor was flustering but he gave up as the woman bear no heed to his warnings. She then placed her small hands on my forehead - presumably checking my temperature. She then continued, "It will be a troublesome matter if a handsome person like you would fall ill. There is no much intelligent people like you as well,"
 
Is she an idiot? An airhead?
I am a murderer. Involved in homicides and had even killed my own kin.
I am a tainted person with a heavy sin that I can never cast away.  
 
"Are you new in this field?" I asked.
 
She looked surprised at why did I know of that fact. I looked down and sighed in defeat. All those tough words and such grand entrance, in the end, you are just a fresh leaf. As I further contemplate on the appearance of such naïve professor, I ended up chuckling at myself. Of course, the doctor was worried of what was happening and immediately pushed the Professor out and brought back a needle. I knew what was its content - Restrainer, a medicine that puts the person into immediate paralysis and as time goes, it puts the person into a specific 3 hour sleep. In other words, it would leave a person completely vulnerable for a whole 4 hours. Without much choice of resistance, he harshly jabbed the needle onto my neck and pressed the nozzle, sending 2ml of intense drug.
 
The effect was instant, as I was already paralysed but my senses was still working. The doctor left me there in the middle of the room as he himself exited the place in a scurry. My body then fell to the ground as the muscles were numbed and I could feel my whole body twitching as if trying to fight against the drug. I forced myself to looked at the door that the doctor carelessly left open. I saw the doctor reprimanding the Professor who was not fazed by it. In fact she calmly accepted all of it, even the slap that came after it. I was shocked and wanted to shout but it came out as a small croak. The doctor realised this and immediately slammed the door closed. Before the door could be sealed completely I spotted a tint of a smirk forming on the Professor's face.
 
It was only 5 minutes since the medicine kicked in. What am I going to do for the next 55 minutes of vulnerability…?
 
I closed my eyes and sceneries started to form in my head. The images were vivid and felt real.
What I saw was just a memory of the past where I had stabbed the kitchen knife onto my little brother's chest - directly to his heart. How I managed to hit it there was pure luck. His smile was similar to the Professor's smirk - a type that had a hidden meaning as if everything was going to the plan. After seeing that smile slowly loses its strength, I threw the knife away and headed towards my parents room. As I opened the door, the room revealed my father with the maid of the house being strangely close with each other. Instantly I knew that my mother was out buying groceries. As my hand and shirt was bloody, the maid reacted first with a exclamation of worry while my father was there standing as if my presence had disturbed him. Noticed the long cord of the lamp on my left, I forcefully grabbed it and pulled it out of the source. Both of them were shocked by my actions and I took this advantage to grab the maid and pushed her to my father. Without wasting much of the time, I placed the cord around their necks in one swing. Immediately, I started to wring the cord with all my strength to avoid any resistance that would arise.
 
I noticed that the maid's face was turning purple while my father continued pulling the cord away without realising that his actions were making the maid's situation worse. Not long after, a small amount of saliva fluid escaped through the end of . Realising the sudden stop in resisting from the maid, my father stopped his actions in order to get his head straight. Taking the opportunity, I further tighten the grip until my hands were swollen red. It took longer than I expected but it managed to do the job.
 
When my mother came back, I do not know how, but I approached my mother like a child. Tears dripping down continuously, weak condition, unable to stand straight and hugged her. My mother tried her best to remain her composure and called the police saying that a robber and killed her family leaving only her and me.
 
I managed to fool the police with saying that the robber had bounded my hands which explained the red markings around my wrists and the slightly pallor hands. The police then took both of us to the station for further questionings. I managed to explain my way out with stating the truth with outer lies. I explained how there was the murderer 'S' who decided to let me live and kill off the rest. The murder managed to escape but there should be a slash on his thigh as my attempt to shake him off. Instantly, the police drew out the suspect 'S' that never existed.
 
The next thing I realised after reminiscing about that incident, was that I am already awake and saw my dinner about to be served. 4 hours had past, there was I wondering, whether the professor would ever come back.
 
 
….!
Come back…!
….!
 
The sudden calls around the ceiling took me by surprise. I looked around, it was completely white - no signs of other living other than me myself.
 
…!
 
There again with the call. The voice was familiar - a voice that I had heard often and probably recently.
 
With one pain shot through on my cheek, I saw a black ball of hair and lights shining on me as my eyes open once again. Not long after I heard sobs near me, I tried to shift a bit but the black ball of hair instantaneously changed to the familiar face of the Professor. Her eyes were swollen red with tears and her smile was wide and had a sigh of relief escaped through . I was lost. I looked at myself and saw my hand that I had thought to be gone bounded by the white clothes. The next thing happened was another stranger entered the room that I finally realised that it had windows, curtains and weird beeping machines beside me. The stranger wore a white coat similar to the doctor, he took out a small flashlight and shone it onto each of my eyeball. He took several other measurements and told the Professor that I was fine but memories might be jumbled despite that there was no memory loss.
 
"Professor?" my voice croaked. My throat felt dry as if I had not drank any water for weeks.
 
The Professor turned to face me with a stunned expression, "What do you mean professor? Have you forgotten about me? I'm glad that you came to your senses. We were about to lose you!"
 
"…Asylum. Killed…my…kins…mother," my words didn't connect but I wonder why. I felt nostalgic about this place that I'm now in. My heart felt as if it was gripped by some gigantic hand and little did I know that tears formed at the edge of my eyes. Where was I before…?
 
The professor then hugged me and the back of my head, "There, there. You must had a nightmare right..? Don't worry. Your parents will not be coming for you anymore. You are now safe…You can say goodbye to the old you,"
 
Safe…?
My parents won't come for me?
What did she mean?
Goodbye?
 
Then it all came back to me in one shot.
 
I was nearly killed.
And I was saved by this girl here.
When I thought the world had forsaken me, this girl before me… gave me salvation.
 
I was choked by my father using the lamp cord.
My brother attempted to stab me.
My mother tried to abandon me.
The whole of my family was categorised and not sane. They were sent to the asylum.
Why did they tried to kill me…?
Why am I the only one sane?
What I had earlier was just a dream?
What…Who am I?
 
"Sayonara, ore…"