Chapter 1

I Hate (Love) Him

  You woke up early and decided to go to the college’s library to revise yesterday’s lessons. You couldn’t do it last night because you went to sleep early. After you wore your clothes, you took your car’s key and went outside and lock your dorm’s door. Since you are attending the elite college, their dorm is like a small cottage which have one bedroom, one bathroom, small living room and small kitchen, although it sounds simple but the college still insert a luxury touch in each cottage and the best thing is that you live by yourself.

  Even though the college is like one block away from the female’s dorm area, it’s easier to drive as you always like your own privacy.

  You parked your car in front of the library and greeted the security guard who has his duty to guard around the library area. As you have expected, there’s no one at the library right at this early hour. You went to the second floor at your usual place which at the left corner which is quite private from people’s eyes.

  Your stomach was grumbling at the usual time you ate breakfast which was 8.30am. You left your belongings and books as you going to continue later.

  You went to the cafeteria and there were only two students there. You chose the French toasts and strawberry jam with hot milk tea and went to the one of the empty table. As you were eating, you glanced the surrounding and inhale the fresh morning air.

  Suddenly you sensed something wrong and then you saw you fated enemy were also at the college at that time. Jung Shinwon is your enemy and classmate in Physics class. Both of you will always bickering whenever you met each other. Everyone in the college including the tutors knew that both of you are totally on the opposite polar.

  You saw Shinwon walked to the self-study room so you ate your breakfast quickly. You walked to the library quickly because the self-study room and library are next to each other plus the first floor of the library’s walls was made from transparent glass.

  You have finished your revision and your first class for today will start at 9.45am later. When you were walking towards your Mechanical Maths class, you met your friend Yeri.

Yeri: Hai Hope, good morning. You’re so early today.

You: Hai Yeri, morning too. Yeah, I was doing my revision just now since I couldn’t do it last night.

Yeri: Oh. Anyway, I saw Shinwon just now; do you have something to tell me? (She sheepishly smile to you)

You: yeah I know. I have seen him at the self-study room just now and please stop asking me anymore about him, ok?

Yeri: ha-ha, ok I will stop.

  Finally you reached at your class. Taeyong called you to your sit which was beside him. Taeyong is your childhood friend since kindergarten and he’s also Jung Shinwon’s best friend. It’s not his fault though to become friend with Shinwon.

Taeyong: Good morning Hope-ah.

You: Hai Taeyongie, Good morning.

Taeyong: anyway, did you see Shinwon anywhere today? I have called him but he never answered.

  You hesitated whether to tell him the truth or not. But finally, you choose to…

You: emm, I have seen him just now at the self-study room. Maybe he was doing his revision that’s why he didn’t answers your call.

Taeyong: oh really? Thanks anyway. Still you know where he was even though you hate him till the bottom of your heart.

You: okay wait, please stop. Not you too, first Yeri and now even my beloved childhood friend teasing me.

Taeyong: ha-ha okay, I will stop now.

  The tutor came right after the bell rang. You pay your attention as always towards the lesson since it was your second favourite subject. The class finished after two hours long. You stretched your body and gathered your belongings. Next is Physics class which you excited and also nervous to go.

  The reason is simple because Jung Shinwon is also the same class with you. Even though you tried to avoid him every time at the college but unfortunately he was your Physics classmate.

  You entered the class and saw Shinwon is not there yet so you went to your usual sit which at the back sit at the left section. For you, it’s comfortable to sit at the far back because you can focus your concentration fully.

  The door was opened and Jung Shinwon entered the class and walked straight to his sit which was the second row at the right section. During the time he walked, you pretended to read your notebook and hide your face by closing it with the book. You thought he didn’t realise that you were there but the truth is he knew you were already there.         

~Third person POV~

  Mr Kim which is the Physics tutor has come in. He watched around at each his student’s face especially the two rivals, Shinwon and Hope. He wondered how the two will react with the announcement that he going to announce.

Mr Kim: Okay students, first of all I would like to say a very good morning to all of you. Today I’m going to tell you some announcements.

First, since this year is your second year and next year will be the last year in this college, the HOD (head of department) of Physics have decided to give you a final assessment for this year.

About the project, you can made anything example likes presentation, invention, make a booklet and some more as long as it related with Physics that you had been learnt so far. You will be given two months to complete since it’s only less than five months left before the last term holidays.

Don’t worry you, you are not going to made it by yourself, you will be assigned a partner (two in each group) which going to be a male-female group. You are not allowed to change your partner because it have been decided by the HOD

  Mr Kim announced the assigned group until the second last. He inhaled a deep breath slowly before announcing the next group and wondering what their reaction would be.

 Mr Kim: Ok, the next group will be Jung Shinwon and…….. Ahn Hope