Awkward Bestfriends

I Need Love [Editing]

I woke up to a bright and sunny day. I wasn't surprised that Jaejoong wasn't beside me. I was also not surprised that he left without a goodbye. I groaned as I dragged myself to the bathroom to wash up and got ready for work. I checked myself in the mirror. I sighed. "What are you doing to yourself?" I asked while grabbing my bag and left.

I walked towards my office. I was greeted by the sound coming out from Jaejoong's room. Oh, did I mention I work with him? Wait, scratch that, I work for him. I rolled my eyes as I heard one of his clients his name. It was typical of him to act like nothing happened last night between us. I got back to work. Answering calls for him. Setting up meetings for him. I was doing some paper work when someone knocked on my desk. I looked up to meet his eyes. He gave me a gentle smile "Want to have lunch together?" He asked. I checked the time. Time really past by quickly when you're busy. I looked at him.

"I've had enough of yesterday. Can't you give me a rest?" I asked half pleading. Normally when he asked that, what he really meant was . He gave me a confused look and realized what I meant. "Oh! I didn't mean that lunch. I meant real lunch. Besides, I need to fuel up after that chick." He smirked when I saw his client coming out from his office giving his a suductive wink. I cringed at the words that came out from him. My heart sank as I was actually just one of his flings like her. I looked at him wo was still staring at his client's while she swayed it as she walkd off. It felt weird to be asked out for lunch especially by him. Even if we're so-called best friends. I pondered at the question for a while and eventually agreed.

We arrived and sat there for lunch. We ate in such an uncomfortable silence. We could only hear each other chewing and the sound of us gulping down our drinks. If it was 10 years ago, we'd probably be fighting over who gets the last piece of food on the table. I smiled to myself as I remembered how close we were before it became messy.

"Why are you smilling like a mad woman?" Jaejoong asked making me returned to reality. I shook my head and let out a heavy sigh. "So, how was the... uh.. ?" I asked. It was a dumb question but that's all I could think of. He looked at me and started to laugh. "How was the ?" He immitated. He was still laughing, amused by my question. I, on the other hand, isn't amused. "Are you serious?" He asked after calming down. I shrugged while picking on my food. He looked at me as if he was trying to study my facial expressions. "Hey-" Before he could say anything I cut him off. "It's almost time for your next meeting. Better hurry up. I'll leave first" I said while checking my wrist watch. I wanted to get out of this awkward situation I've put myself into.

"Thanks for the lunch" I smiled slightly and left money for half of the meal and walked off. I was greatful that he took me to lunch but, I just couldn't help but to walk away before he could say anything else. I didn't need the best friend talk from him. Not now because it was just too messy and complicated.