Before I Close My Eyes

Before I Close My Eyes

White coat is everywhere and unfavourable scent . Also the place where all sick people will end up dying . Hospital .

A girl is waiting in front of the ER right now . She can't sit still . Worry .

Her clothe and jeans have red spot  . Blood .

She bit her nails and her body is shivering . Scared .

Later on , "Who is the guardian of Jeon JungKook ?" , the doctor who just came out from the emergency room .

She try to stand up slowly and walk weakly towards the doctor . "Are you his guardian ?"

She shake her head ,"I...I'm his friend and I... was the one who was with him just now" , her voice stuttering .

"Okay , what's your name once again ?" , the doctor bend her body a bit to listen her better .

"DaHyun .Kim DaHyun " , as the doctor write her name on a paper .

"Kim DaHyun-sshi . Are you ready to hear what I'm going to say ?" , she take a deep breath and slowly exhale it but her heart still beat fast since the doctor sound serious . Then , she nod .

"I need your help to call all his family member and inform them about this . Because his condition is quiet critical now and anything might happen during the time . So , calm yourself and after that call them okay ?" , then , the doctor left her alone sitting there .

DaHyun just sit still . Try to believe what the doctor just said .

'His condition is quiet critical now'

Is he going to die ?

'Anything might happen during the time'

He is not going to die , right ? He can't die !

Her pool of tears drop through her cheeks .

In the hallway , it can be seen that 2 person is running towards her .

"DaHyun-ah" , she lift her head slowly as a girl is sitting beside her .

Her heart feel heave . She just can't take it the words anymore .

"Halla-ya " , she quickly embrace her and crying louder . Halla just pat her back , so she can calm down .

"Everything is going to be find" , Halla whisper to her but still the words is replaying in DaHyun's mind .

After DaHyun calm herself , she ask Halla to call his parents .

"I just met up with the doctor . She said that JungKook need to get operate soon if possible . But she still can't confirm anything what will happen after that " , TaeHyung walk towards Halla who is standing a bit far from DaeHyun who still need space .

Both of them sigh while looking at DaHyun .

At that time also, JungKook is transferred to the ICU ward .

Later on , his father arrive . He reach for Halla first before meeting up with DaHyun .

"JungKook already being sent to ICU ward . You can go there" , TaeHyung said after vowing to him .

"Okay , thanks TaeHyung-ah" , he quickly left the place after pat DaHyun's head and saying that to not blame herself .

TaeHyung and Halla walk towards DaHyun who still can't get over it .

"We are going to visit JungKook . Do you want to follow us ?" , she shake her head .

"Oppa , you head first . I'll take DaHyun somewhere"

"Okay , then . I leave first " , he left them .

"Let's go outside ." , she her out of the hospital . Both of them sit at the bench that facing a playground that fill with kid's laugh .

"He want to break up with me" , that's strike Halla .

"He said that , he just realize he just done a big mistake . Someone need him but he don't realize that until now "

"But can't he just help that person ? Why asking for break up ?" , as Halla pat her back .

"Huu ~ I don't know . He was not explaining till the end and in a rush , he left me alone at the scene . But I kept following him to know the real reason and that's how he end up with "

"I don't know what mistake that I'd done until he want to break up with me. Did she meet a prettier girl than me ? Did I do something bad behind him ? But you know me , right ? I will never did that to him"

"I believe in you . I also didn't know what JungKook are up to even he is my childhood friend . But believe me , Dahyun , whenever I met JungKook , he always showered you with compliments . He said that he is the luckiest guy ever ." , finally , DaHyun smile a bit and chuckles .

" He never talk about other girls other than you . To him , you are his perfection ."

"But that's weird , right ?Now , we end up with breaking the relationship "

"Hey , with this accident , He must want to show something to you guys . " , Halla is trying to gain back DaHyun's confident seeing that she thought that everything is already end between JungKook and her .

DaHyun create a smile , "I hope so ."

 "DaHyun for all this time , you are my perfection but I just realize that I need that person more than I need you . If I lost her , I might punishing myself for lifetime " , not far from them who already walking into the lobby  back , standing JungKook spirit .

Then , he is following them to go back to meet 'him' . On the bed , seeing that all wires of medical equipment are attaches to his body . He get to see the face of his father mourning beside his bed while TaeHyung , Halla and DaHyun are just surrounding his body .

"Sometimes , I'm thankful of being like this . Seeing them like this " , as 'he' stand beside his father .

It's already evening and all of them have to go back home while his father are staying at the hospital . After sending DaHyun at her house , Halla and TaeHyung make their ways back home .

Rather than following TaeHyung , he follow Halla at the back .

She just looking down while tears are flowing through her cheek .

After few step , she stop .

"Can you tell me why among us why you choose him ? Am I alone not enough yet to receive the torment , why must him ?!" , while kneeling down .

JungKook just looking at her bluntly .

That last sentence of her strike him while seeing her standing back , wiping the tears and continue walking .

Before she's going back home , she layover at the playground they used to play together during their childhood time .

She take a sit at one end of see-saw and JungKook sit at the other end .

Halla is already drown in past memory .

"JungKook-ah"

"Yes ?" , his spirit answering .

" Actually , I have something that I kept from you . I want to tell you but you always take my seriousness as a joke "

"Because you always take my stupidity for granted "

"JungKook-ah"

"What ? Just straight forward Halla . What you actually kept from me ?"

"I might lose my sight anytime ."

He seems shock .

"I don't know if you want to believe it or not but it's true . Not too long ago , when I was accompanying you and DaHyun , that was the time where my vision start become blurry. You said that whether I found a gold that make me stop my step . But I just nod , agreeing with you "

"It got worse from day to day .Later on ,I found out that I might lose my sight anytime . I want to tell you about this sooner but I know you won't care "

"Then , what is the purpose of I always taking you with me when I was date with DaHyun ? " , he stop from playing the see-saw , walking towards her and looking at Halla who just looking down .

"If tomorrow I wake up blind , please take care of DaHyun for me ."

"You just thinking too much , Halla . You have to rest "

"And from that time where I can never open my 'eyes' again , I'll stop from liking you . Huh , it's hurt for me but this is the way that I'd decided ."

" Now , when I still have my sight , I'm sorry for everything especially when I always take your stupidity for granted but I just want you to know that you're not that stupid .", he chuckles .

" I'm the one that stupid because always rely on you when you just have 2 shoulder to lean on and I know I 'm not deserved at all beside DaHyun and your parents. "

"If I meant to see you before I lose one of my ability , I just want to see both of you and DaHyun get back together . That's my wish . I'd gave up on you for DaHyun . She can't lose you and I can't lose you too but I'm just a childhood friend to you . The feeling that I never shown , never being told , I already thrown it far away and I wish it won't come back again for her sake ."

"All I want now is just you to wake up from that sleep and say to DaHyun that your words to her earlier was a mistake "

"Why you keep on caring about her when the one that actually hurt is you ? Why you already thrown the feeling you had for me without telling me first ? And how did you know that to me you just a childhood friend for me ?" , he stands up and walks towards her who still sitting there .

"I'm sorry for too late realizing about your feeling but I really didn't want you to threw it away . Because I didn't want you to hurt your own feeling without my concern . But you already did it . I'm the one that should be blamed ." , Halla stand up from her place .

"Tomorrow , I can't visit you at the hospital . I have to go for medical check-up since I might end up doing eye surgery soon . TaeHyung will accompany me , so , use the time alone that we give for both of you . What the heck I'm saying ? It's not like you are here " , she walks away and heading back home .

"If you know that for the first time of our 12 years , I get to see your soft side and knowing what you actually felt about me that you had been hid that long"

Few days later , JungKook awake and he is being transfer to normal ward right away . DaHyun accompany him for the whole day and he is waiting for both TaeHyung and Halla arrival but they never did .  So , to kill some time , both of them walk around while JungKook is sitting on a wheelchair at the hospital compound . Since it will be spring soon , the cherry blossom petals are everywhere .

"DaHyun-ah ."

"Yes ?"

"The words that I said on that day , I'm sorry "

"It's okay . I know you are not in a good condition at that time . "

"But , where actually you were heading on that day ?"

It's better for you not to know about it .

DaHyun-ah , I'm sorry . The words that I said , it's actually the true . I want to break up with you . You can blame me if you want . On that day , I was heading to see Halla who was waiting for TaeHyung . I didn't know why but now I know that I like her not as a childhood friend anymore . Seeing her having a date with TaeHyung right in front of me , just not right . It felt like he stole things that belong to me without telling me . I'm sorry , DaHyun-ah . I know you like me so much but I need her back . I need to get back things that should be mine . Let's stay as friend , okay ? Don't blame Halla , she doesn't know anything about this . It's my own action and decision . Stop worrying about me and I wish you will find a better guy than me

---JungKook---

A piece of letter was left at the reception table for her .

While JungKook , he get discharge on that day . He waits at the lobby to wait for his father . In his hand , he is holding the picture of both Halla and her when they were still kids . He chuckles .

"I will take care of you from now on" , suddenly , his phone rings .

"Owh , TaeHyung-ah "

"Your father and I are on our way to get you . By the way , there's things that I need to tell you . It's about Halla " , his voice sound deep and it can be feel that he is being serious .

----------------------------------------------

JungKook is crash into the orthopedic ward in the same hospital . Searching for his childhood friend .

Then , he realizes a similar face is sitting on the bed with the hospital outwear . Her eyes had been wrapped with a bandage . The female doctor is currently doing a check up on her . He just standing there waiting until the doctor is done . Later , TaeHyung and his father arrive .

After the doctor left , JungKook weakly approaches her who is leaning back to the head rest of the bed . With aid of nurse , to put a pillow behind her back to support her back .

He just standing beside her , tried to prevent himself from letting the tears to drop . But seeing her like that , he feels like it was his fault . Like,  she don't even deserved this .

"Halla-ya , TaeHyung here " , then she create a smile .

"Oppa ? Where have you been ?" , she lend her hand out , so she can feel that someone is there with her . TaeHyung hold his shoulder and give a nod . JungKook slowly let his hand hold to hers .

"But oppa , why your hand is so cold ? And did you work out these days ? You held my hand stronger than before "

"I think you bring a guest for me . Your voice seems so far . And who is holding to my hand right now ? It's not you right ?"

"You caught me ." , he chuckles .

"I'll let you 2 to have a lone time together ."

"Halla-ya . I'm going out first . Just call me if you need help " , then , TaeHyung lead the way out , followed by his father who already gives a green light .

"Who is there ?", JungKook is preventing himself from looking at her . Suddenly , he sobs.

"Excuse me , why are you crying ? Can you tell me who are you ? I need to know since I can't see you right now "

"I'm JungKook" , suddenly her face expression changes . Then , she smiles back .

"You already wake up , friend . How are you ? I'm sorry for having you to see my condition like this "

"So , it's true that you can't see me , now . " , his chest feel heave when saying those words .

"I'm sorry , JungKook-ah for not telling you about this . But , the doctor said that everything is going to be normal for me . For now , I have to learn how to stand by myself so , no one can fool me later on . So , are you getting back together with DaHyun?"

"Halla-ya . There's a thing that I want to clear up and I had thought a lot about it . I don't want to held it any longer because I might regret later . "

"Why ? Do you have problem ?"

"Start from now on , stop caring about me . I don't deserved it . About me and DaHyun , there's nothing more between us . She deserved someone better than me . I'm a jerk who is playing with her feeling and I don't want to hurt her more . "

"From now on , to repay the time you always accompany me ,"

"Lean on me . I'll try to always be there when you need help , tirelessly . I regret for always not taking your words seriously . But now , if you have ridiculous story , share with me . I promise that I will listened to it thoroughly" , he continue .

Halla keep herself silent and towards the end , she chuckles .

"Thank you , JungKook-ah . I don't know what is the reason behind all the stuff but I think , it must be because that I'm blind now . You use to treat me harshly before . And now hearing that you'll treat me as human , I felt safe ." , both of them smiling . They continue talking . Mostly about the past . They're laughing and he even let she hit him .

I'll always make you smile and laugh ..

I won't let you cry , my friend ..

If you'd hid your feeling for me before , I also will hid that if that what you want ..

But I'll wait the time when you can accept me as more than a friend ..