Fin

Unspoken (Seokjin x Wendy One-Shot)

No. of chapter: 1

Chapter title: Unspoken

Words counted: 2265


 

They knew.

Both of them have already known too well that their hearts belong to each other.

No, they never say it out loud, because that word is dangerous; deathly even.

 

Ten years was a long way for Seungwan and Seokjin to go through their relationship. Well, if that's too specific then let's say, their friendship. Even though they knew in their deepest heart that both give much affection towards each person, the couple never blurted anything about liking one another.

That is why at some cases, they thought one might not have the same feeling.

And so it happened to Seokjin. He was too immersed with the confused feelings between him and Seungwan that he ended up having Hani, one of the students in their past highschool, as his couple. Well, it is not as comfortable as around the bestfriend, but he finally can show that he could love someone.

Love.

No lie, when the first time he told Seungwan, or Wenny (the mispronounce of her Canadian name 'Wendy' by the one and only Kim Seokjin), the latter was crying for two days straight. But telling everyone that she suffered from a severe insomnia. It was breaking her heart. However she really wants to overcome it since he has been her bestfriend since a long time ago, trying to maintain that steady friendship of 10 years. 

"Damn, you look ugly." The flower boy said while giggling. Of course he didn't mean it.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Hani is prettier. Liking her new bob tho." Wendy answered a little annoyed, but maintains to take it as a joke. 

"Haven't you sleep? The insomnia stole your nights?"

Bingo. "Yep. Insomnia's ." The latter pressed the b word as if she is insulting someone. 

Or one girl.

"Come on, let's go find the cake supplies! I'll get you real tired so you'd get sleep." He grabs her hand and pull her, while she can just tagged along.

It feels good to hold hands with him, she thought. So that's why, even when she supposed to fake it, the smile on her face is at least bigger than before. 

***

"You can't go to my flat anymore." Seokjin said in such steady voice, the one that he usually uses when he's mad.

"Why? Did I left some pizza crumbs again? I swear I'm gonna clean your-"

"No. Just… don't come again."

She was confused but then an answer popped inside her head. "Is it Hani?"

The room goes silent for a few moments, then he finally answers "Yes. She's the one that needs to be closer to me." 

"What?"

"Please, this would be the last time, okay?" The boy lift up his face that was facing the ground. He didn't dare to look at her eyes. He couldn't.

"Well then, make it right now. I was about to go out anyways." With a pissed heart, she storms out of his flat. 

Soekjin swears to God that this was the stupidest thing he has ever done to Wendy. He couldn't get Hani to understand that she was there from the beginning, but the girl wouldn't want to know. She's shellfish enough to order him to do that while hiding behind his bedroom door, threatening to tell his bestfriend about what he did to Wendy in their high school era. It was the worst case of her life, and Seokjin had something to do with it.

"Good boy, I know you'd want to stay with me." Hani smirked as she just won a title. 

"Leave her alone. Don't make her be included in your games."

"Hm.. Depends. If she wants to play, why would I reject her?"

The boy sighs loudly, knowing that there is no escape of this relationship. Now he's feeling like blowing up, maybe going to Namsan just to scream out 'I HATE HANI, I LOVE SEUNGWAN'

He wish he could do that, really. 

***

Those days are filled with them avoiding each other on the apartment building, coffee shops, restaurants, and Wendy's favorite book-cafe. Her flat is in higher level than Seokjin's so every time they meet for the elevator ride, she will turn around facing the other way while he keeps trying to talk to her. But she'd pretend not hearing anything. And at some times at those public places, whenever she sees him, the latter would just took off immediately. Eventually going back to her room.

But truly, the both hearts are actually longing for each other.

Gosh, she misses him so much it hurts.

Wendy knows that it is such a childish movements to act that way. But here's the catch; 

She is the kind of girl who couldn't hold her tears. 

The latter is too afraid of bursting into tears in front of him, just because he is now belongs to someone else.

There, she finally confesses. The girl is not happy that he has a couple. It almost feels like wanting to go to the church so she could let this out, the one feeling that is now hurting all parts of her body. Though, she can only silently cry in misery every time she tries to sleep at night. 

It is even worst when now Seungwan and Seokjin are invited into their friend's wedding. Hani just keep trying to be so fakery cute and lovely, as if they are the Korean Jolie-Pitt. However, the boy is actually done with everything she does. All he wanted was to congratulate the wedding, but she is being kinda overboard; kissing his cheeks and clinging onto him every. ing. second. It's because she also notices Seungwan's presence inside the ballroom.

Wendy's attention is always focus on them, so that's why she keeps trying to make some conversations with her relatives. Still, it didn't decrease her jealousy. But once she is stuffing with a chocolate cupcake, a touch on her shoulder makes her heart jolts, almost choking on her cake. 

"Yah! Watch what you're gonna do!" She scolds the boy.

"It's good to hear your voice again." Seokjin smiles, but with a hint of worry.

In return, she just sighs and put the cake down, wiping the mess of with a napkin. Though next seconds later, the one who's holding the wipe is now her bestfriend, cleaning off the chocolate remarks. Seungwan just stand there looking a little taken-aback. 

"I miss you, Wenny." He looks at her gaze like an arrow, straight into her orbs. 

The girl couldn't stand it no more, her eyes starts to get watery as she said in English, "You son of a-"

"Jinnie?! What are you doing?" A high pitched voice interrupted their moment. Hani starred in a dramatic disbelieve, widening her eyes as she's just seen a psychopath. 

", get off of him!" She cursed and slapped Wendy's cheek.

It wasn't that hard or painful for her, really. But it's how she humiliated her in front of a lot of people, that got her burning up too. Well, in this case, it is an advantage that the band is playing a hardcore jazz in their playlist. Not so many turned their heads.

"Yah! Nobody can ing touch my best friend like that!" Seokjin stands up for her, feeling so mad about what she just did. He swears if she's a man, she is gonna be done.

"Oh, now you're with her?"

"I am always with her!" 

Hani pulls out a bitter look, like the face of a serial killer. In a sudden, she blurts the one thing that Seokjin never want her to. "Fine! We're through! And you know, Wendy? He was the one who started the rumor about you hooking up with Mr. Kang!" 

The two friends widened their eyes in shock. Moreover, more people are looking at them now. And in the swift movement, Seokjin grabs Hani's hand madly so they both are leaving the venue. 

Meanwhile Wendy stood a little longer. She draws the biggest sigh ever that the Alaskan could hear it and eventually walk out of the ballroom too.

***

Kim Seokjin was feeling like a trash- no, still feeling like a trash right now. It's been days since the incident but he's too chicken out to tell sorry to his bestfriend. And everything with Hani is trough. That only screwed his life. Because of her, he has to find ways to apologize to Wendy, since a sorry is not enough.

Though, he messaged her a lot. But her answers were so brief and had no taste of joyfulness like her style of usual chatting. 

Get your together, you have to get her somewhere tonight! He supports himself.

And that's how he suddenly gets an idea.

 

"H-Hey." Seokjin awkwardly greets, suddenly took a seat on the bench beside Seungwan who just finished her running exercise. 

The latter moves her head towards him, only gives a glare then goes back to the view of Han river. 

"Look, I brought you your favorite vitamin water…. and uh… a piece of oreo cheese cake." He clumsily hands it to her.

"Seriously?" She said sarcastically. 

"Well, you can always run again after eating this. Or just sleep if you're too tired, take this to inside the refrigerator…whatever your want." Nice one, Seokjin. You just sounded like an idiot. He internally face-palmed.

"The heck do you want?" 

"I don't know how to apologize properly…. But first of all, you should listen about the rumor. It wasn't me who literally spread it; I was with my group of boy friends and one of their girlfriends joined us. I talked about how you came to Mr. Kang's office at night to talk about your wrecked science project. And I think she rendered it wrongly and passed it onto the others…

I'm so sorry. I NEVER meant to spread it and made you suffer. I'm sorry." 

He looks at her face; steady and so hellish scary. "Wenny…. say something, please."

She gives a big sigh of disappointment. "I don't know if I could forgive you. It was my worst era, Seokjin."

His heart just cracked into pieces that he starts to tremble. "B-But… I was.. I didn't.."

 

Suddenly, the troll Son Seungwan burst out into laughter. "Ahahahahaha! You should see your own face!"

"W-What?"

"Dude, seriously, I just saw your ugliest face ever existed!" The latter holds her stomach due to the excessive laughter.

Now Seokjin is rolling his eyes repetitively. He is a little annoyed that she treated him like this, whereas one moment ago his heart was just ready to fall. 

"Wenny-ah, please be serious about this…" 

The girl wiped her tears of excitement, and trying to calm the down. "Sorry, but your face was gold- no, diamond."

"So how?!?! Are you gonna forgive me or nah?" He said a little curiously.

"Look, I'm sorry I toyed you. The persons who acted to me, the ones who called me had actually apologized long time ago. They're the ones who got me into this group chat and they started to say sorry, even that girl explained that she might heard you wrong. They found out because Mr. Kang told the rest of my science team that I saved them by doing the project by myself. I don't know when he told them but I actually never care about it either. I thought that was the worst moment of my life but… there are things even much worse." She said actually pointing out this moment, the feeling when he was 'snatched' by somebody else.

"So that's actually not a matter anymore?"

"Yeah."

"Thank God, I'm so happy to hear that!" He exhales dramatically. "What a good surprise that I endured a y relationship with a mad girl just to keep out a secret that actually not your peeve again?"

Seungwan laughs again, grabbing the vitamin water off of his hand. 

"Did you really do that for me?" She grins from ear to ear, seeing that her friend is now blushing.

"Of course. You said that was a terrible memory so I felt really bad for making that girl misunderstood."

"I know you would never do such thing." She is now looking deep inside his eyes as if they are whispering something. 

"Yeah, never ever," Because I love you and I won't ever hurt you. He continues inside. 

"Hey, wanna eat some samgyeopsal?"

She groans, hating the fact that he could eat whatever he wants but not getting fat. "Ugh, you . It's on you or you have to accompany me for the rest of my life waking up in early morning for a run." Yeah, like, getting married. And we'd have a wonderful life. 

The couple is leaning onto each other, not saying anything. More like saying things with their hearts. Each one actually knows that this is the most perfect time to confess; the chill wind running around their bodies along with the orange hue with a tint of pink that paint the sky, and the sun is no longer hovering above their heads. 

Though, in a swift moment, Seokjin turns his head so he's facing her again with his lips almost touching hers. And of course, he leans down and captured a perfect kiss onto hers, both are driven insane by the sudden encounter.

After a moment, they pull away, and once again gazing onto each other's orbs. 

I love you, Son Seungwan.

I love you too, Kim Seokjin.

They both do not say anything.

But they just knew.

 


SO YALL DON'T ATTACK ME THE THREE OF THEM ARE MY BIASES IN EACH GROUP OMFGGG

the picture of Hani just suddenly appeared in my mind when I write this so I used her as the bad person I'm sorry. :"( she is the actual sun and an easy going person i love her so much i remember her obsesing over Hayi in weekly idol and it WAS SO CUTE  AGHSkhbdSAJBhjbj

and Seungwan is just so uGHHHH I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE

and no, i couldn't get enough with kim ing seokjin. he ruined my entire life.

 

Anyways, please don't be a silent reader and comment your thoughts about this one shot. I hope you guys like it since these two are my fav imaginary pairing HEHE. I mean... it might be only me who ships them??? idk lolol

love you all!!

-kendall