Dissociation

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Miss Hirai," a gentle voice calls to me, I feel a slight force against my bicep.

I attempt to roll over but as soon I feel the pressure of my right leg on my left, I immediately return to my original position with a groan of pain.

"Miss Hirai," the voice says again, I reluctantly open my eyes with a scowl. There's a lady standing over me with a wide smile, I had almost mistaken her for Mina until I start to really wake up. 

"Who are you?" I ask and as I move to sit up with my back against the headboard of my bed, she straightens herself. 

"My name is Jihyo Park, your parents requested I tend your every needs until your leg is healed," she explains. I make a face and furrow my eyebrows together.

I don't quite understand why my parents hired or bought her, if she's a try, to take care of me when I have Minho and Mina; both of them are fine at caring for me and most of the time, I don't even need their help doing basic things. 

"So you're another try?" I grab my phone from the bedside table and begin to scroll through my messages as she speaks. I really don't care for her presence and quite frankly, she's not needed here. I'm completely and utterly fine with Minho and Mina. 

She shakes her head and I can feel her eyes on my phone. "Not quite. Your parents are paying me but I'm practically that of a try." When I look back up at her, I give her the most uninterested look I can manage. 

"Well, tell them I don't need you. I already have two other tries who can take care of me. Your work's done here." 

"Miss Hirai, I don't think you understand. I'm certified in medicine and I, for one, speak."

I can feel my eye twitch and I know immediately that she's referring to Mina. So what if Mina doesn't speak? That doesn't exempt the fact that she is always quick to get started on a task or follow to my every request. Even if Mina can't help me with everything, there's always Minho, he isn't as old as she's making it sound. 

I cross my arms and slightly jut my head forward. My eyes are narrowed at her and I can see her breathing quicken a tad. "Are you saying that I have a default try? I most definitely am not appreciative of how you're criticizing the quality of my try." 

She frantically waves her hands in front of her while her head shakes. "No, no, no. That's not what I mean at all. I—" 

"Don't give me excuses, Jihyo. I'll forget about it but make sure to keep your comments to yourself. Send Mina and Minho up to see me and after that, you're dismissed." She slowly nods, sadness and disappointment were evident on her face.

I didn't request for a help and I certainly didn't request for a help with an attitude. However, I am a bit proud of myself for not threatening her since I was so easily feeling the rage coming on. 

"Good morning, Miss Hirai!" Minho bellows as he enters my room and Mina follows in close behind. As soon as I spot her clasped hands placed in front of her, the memory from last night emerged in my mind, goosebumps run up the sides of my arms. "I see you met Ms. Jihyo Park. She seemed quite down when she fetched us. What did you say to her?"

"Well," I start as he begins to change my ice wrap, "She was being way too pushy, criticizing Mina of being a bad try for not speaking. So I got a bit riled up and just told her that I didn't like how she was calling one of my tries a 'default.'" I take in a quick breath of air through my teeth as he tightens the band. 

"I'm sure if Mina would speak, she would thank you. She's a great try and her lack of verbal communication hinders her in a way I don't recognize." He places a hand on her shoulder and she politely nods.

"It's nice having a try that doesn't talk my ear off sun up to sun down." We both chuckle and it's obvious that we're referring back to Seungkwan.

As he hands me a glass of water and two orange tablets, medication to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter