Chapter 1

Unexpectedly
It was just another gloomy day. The dark and heavy clouds held no mercy against the sun, blocking away the sunlight from reaching the ground. It was unexpectedly cold and windy on my way to work. Yet I was wishing a miracle to happen. Well at least not had to go through bundle of work all day long. But I know it's impossible. Monday blues they said. All I want is just spending my time sipping on hot coffee probably in a warm and cozy cafe. Sounds good isn't it. After dreading hours of non stop deadlines to rush, the clock struck six, earning a satisfied sigh from the workers. Finally! I thought. 
 
Walking back home is like the simplest pleasure I could afford these days. Not that I'm not rich but getting to enjoy the breeze or greens can actually turn my frown into a smile. 'Hi Mrs Lee!', I greeted the store owner everyday with glee without fail. 'Oh hello dear. Done with work for the day?, she asked. I nodded while shoving my hands into my pants pocket. The cold is unbearable recently and it looked like it might rain anytime soon. I bid Mrs Lee goodbye before I head home. 
 
Unfortunately, luck is not on my side today as it started to drizzle. Soon the rain is pouring madly. The pedestrians ran their way for shelter. Some were busy fondling with their umbrella. I ran my way to the nearest shop I could to stay dry. A convenient store caught my attention as I've never seen that store along my way home before. I immediately ran to that direction and stand outside the store. My shoulders and my hair were dripping wet. What a day! When I was busy trying to dry my shirt, someone tapped my shoulder twice. 
 
'You want to come in? It's way warmer inside and I have towels', said the girl in uniform. I'm guessing this girl must be working here. I followed her inside feeling the warmth from the heater. 'Here, take this towel.', she said with a smile. Oh boy is it just me but she looked like an angel from heaven. Those mesmerizing eyes sparkles brightly like the pretty stars in the skies. Her hair was long, straight and blonde. Her skin was milky white and I can tell you she's stunningly beautiful. Did I mention how sweet she sounds? Her oh so soft voice making me wanting to hear more. 'Thanks', I answered while trying to suppressed that little joyful thought in my head. Sana. I saw her name tag. I'll made a small note in my head.
 
'Excuse me? I made you hot chocolate.. Erm I saw you were shivering outside. I think you should have it.' Sana offered me. At that moment I had no idea what got into me. But I can imagine the Cupid shot countless arrows into my weak heart. 'Thank you for your kindness. Sorry for the trouble.' I replied. I accidentally touched her hand while taking the hot chocolate from her. We both were surprised at the sudden contact. 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..' She just smiled looking at me as if nothing had happened. The weirdest thought came around my mind. Maybe she isn't interested in me. Or maybe she's taken? What if she tried to drug me because I went into the shop and caused trouble to her. Oh stop with the endless imagination. I carefully sipped the hot chocolate while rubbing my cold palms against the hot beverage. 
 
Sana continued with her work as she climbed onto the ladder wanting to fix the broken lights. The poor angel was struggling on the ladder while attempting to change the lights. 'Come down. Let me help you.', I offered. 'No... It's my job anyway.' She refused. 'Well I wouldn't want to see a pretty lady like you to fix the lights. I'm afraid you might fall. I should do it. Plus you helped me once. So we're kinda even now?', I answered. She looked at me confusingly and not knowing how to react. I quickly held her hand and helped her down carefully. Little did I know she was blushing madly when we had body contact the second time. She was hiding her red face by lowering her head all the time when I'm fixing the lights. 'That should do it!', I helped her to move the ladder into the storeroom. 'Thanks for that.. I mean for helping me.' Sana mumbled. I smiled at her cute action. At that moment I felt like her head but I couldn't. We're strangers after all. 
 
As its getting late and the rain had finally stopped, I had to get home. I'm unwilling to leave her alone in the store but I shouldn't stay here for long. Sigh. If only she's my girlfriend. Wait. That doesn't mean I should stay here and disturb her work. What am I even thinking about now. 'I guess it's goodbye for now?', I told her but deep down I hope we can spend more time together. 'Oh the rain had stopped. You should go home now. Maybe you can visit next time? I work here every weekdays.' She replied with a cute grin. Is she asking me out? No I think she wants to see me again! I was right. She likes me. I did a mental cheer. I waved goodbye at this cute angel I've ever met in my life. Guess today wasn't that bad after all.