Chapter Two (Final)

We'll Be Okay

The first thing Taehyung registered was the slight sting in his elbow and the horrifically clean smell of the room around him. He didn’t have to open his eyes to know where he was, so he planned on trying to fall asleep again. Hopefully he’d wake up in the car back home.

He hated the hospital with a burning passion.

“Taehyung are you okay?!” Jin’s voice flooded the room as Taehyung looked at him from his bed. He sat up gently, his body still feeling weak, his lungs still struggling to breath a little bit and nodded. His brother collapsed down onto the bed and drew him into a hug. Taehyung could see Namjoon enter, eyes on his phone.

“Who are you texting Joonie-hyung?” He asked quietly, voice still as weak as the rest of him. The older looked up before smiling.

“Just letting everyone know you’re okay, I think Jimin’s gonna come by at some point.” Taehyung nodded, he’d expected that. “And Yoongi-hyung.” He hadn’t expected that, however. 

Since him and Yoongi had spent the night together, the older had distanced himself. It hurt Taehyung  a little bit but he respected the olders wishes for space and still had hoped that they would take about the whole thing another time, when Yoongi’s head was better. He hadn’t told anyone about it and nobody really noticed the absence. 
But it filled his heart with a certain warmth to know that he was going to drop by, that he was worried for him. 

“Christ Taehyung don’t do that.” A stern voice interrupted his thoughts as his eyes flew to the slightly dishevelled Yoongi stood in the doorway. He strode over to Taehyung, Jin moving to the chair next to the bed as Yoongi drew the other into a tight hug. Taehyung felt like crying.

“Don’t ever ing do that again Taehyung. I swear to god you gave me a heart attack.” Yoongi’s voice was stern, but Taehyung could hear the soft tones under it as he wrapped his arms around the older and nuzzled himself into his shoulder and nodded. He breathed in the scent of the older, smiling happily. 

“Sorry Hyung…” He murmured, pressing the lightest of kisses to his shoulder. Yoongi stiffened before shaking his head, pulling away gently to look the younger in the eye.

“If you want to go somewhere, you tell me okay. I’ll take you or give you money for transport okay but you know you can’t just walk two hours to get somewhere Taehyung, especially in the rain.” The older spoke sternly and Taehyung barely registered Jin and Namjoon leaving to get something to drink. The younger smiled lightly and nodded, pulling Yoongi to lie down with him. 

“I know… I wasn’t thinking Hyung…” He murmured and Yoongi nodded, mumbling something along the lines of ‘no you weren’t’ before placing a gentle kiss to Taehyungs forehead. They stayed silent for a while, Yoongi watching Taehyung as the younger kept his eyes shut, hands tangled together. 

“Hyung about be-” 

“Taehyung. Not yet. Please.” Yoongi cut him off, his voice almost sad and Taehyung bit his bottom lip.

“Taehyung what the I know you’re awake.” Yoongi spoke, scaring Taehyung slightly. He’d been so deep in thought he hadn’t hear the other come in. Opening his eye slightly, he noticed that the curtains were open, the sun was shining high in the sky, reflecting off the white walls. His eyes rifted to Yoongi and his heart immediately fell. The older looked paler than normal, worried and stressed,  his eyes drowning in concern and Taehyung sat up immediately, ignoring the spin in his head to draw the older into a hug.
“Sorry Hyung…” He murmured, relaxing as he felt the olders arms wrap around him. Yoongi sighed and rubbed soothing circles on the youngers back.

“You’ve got to stop doing this Taehyung. Stop over-working yourself. I know it that you have to limit yourself so much but please. They said you’re fine for now but you could’ve seriously done some damage. What have you even been doing lately?” Taehyung blinked, Yoongi barely ever spoke this much in one go, He shrugged weakly in the olders hold.

“I… Don’t really know. I haven’t really done much lately, maybe it’s stress? I don’t know.” He tried to laugh it off but his stomach was swimming with nerves. He really hadn’t done much lately, so why was it so weak? Was it really getting worse? Taehyung noticed his breathing speed up and pulled back from the older, stumbling over to the window. He suddenly felt like he couldn’t breath, weakly shoving the window open before pushing his head out, inhaling the fresh air deeply. Yoongi was behind him in a second, murmuring words of comfort, one hand taking ahold of Taehyungs, the other lightly running through his hair.

It was only when Taehyung closed the window did he realise that there was something on his chest. He looked down with curiosity, hands tracing the device through the hospital gown. Yoongi let a small smile slip.

“They attached it when they brought you in.” He spoke simply and Taehyung nodded. So he was at the hospital he was meant to be at anyway.

“Kim Taehyung-ssi?” A woman spoke as the door opened and Taehyung turned around, smiling at the nurse who held a clipboard in her hands. “I see you’re up, how’re you feeling?” Her voice was bubbly and Taehyung nodded happily, laughing as Yoongi shrunk into one of the chairs behind him. “Your vitals and bloods are fine, we’ve attached the heart reader to your heart as well. A doctor will be come by in a few  minutes to further  explain what it is and how it works and then you’ll be free to go. Any questions?” Taehyung hummed.

“Um, not really, but thank you.” He spoke and the lady nodded before leaving the room again. 

The first half of the drive back was silent, Yoongi focused on driving and Taehyung re-reading the instructions and explanation the doctor had written down for him. 
Taehyung’s phone rang, making both of them jump before the younger dug it out of his pocket, murmuring an apology to Yoongi before answering.
“Hello?”

“Tae-ah are you okay?!” Jin spoke frantically down the phone and Taehyung laughed, nodding despite the fact the elder couldn’t see him.
“I’m fine Jin-hyung, I just fainted  is all. Nothings wrong and I got the machine put in  so, no worries.” He spoke cheerfully, smiling as his brother rambled about how he had to be careful. After only a few minutes Jin told him he had  to get back to work, that he shouldn’t have actually been on his phone and Taehyung laughed before saying goodbye and hanging up. He pocketed his phone and leant forward to turn the radio on. 

“Taehyung…” Yoongi started, eyes focused on the road as he slowed to car down behind the line of traffic. Taehyung hummed, focusing his attention on the older, not failing to miss the way his hands were tense on the wheel. There was silence for a few seconds before Yoongi turned to face him, eyes focused just under Taehyungs.
“Look I… I know… I may have seemed like an for these past few months, I probably put out the wrong impression and god I hate myself for that but. I’ve been thinking about it. I really do care for you Taehyung. And that night wasn’t… It wasn’t right. I shouldn’t have done that. I know you what you’re gonna say so don’t say anything just let me talk.” Taehyung swallowed and nodded, leaning forward ever so slightly. Yoongi sighed.

“I do have feelings for you. I’m pretty sure it’s obvious. Yes, I enjoyed that but god I hate myself, that was our first time. I took advantage of your innocence and affection towards me because I was angry and bitter with some you weren’t even involved with. It wasn’t your job to fix me or help me through it , it wasn’t anybody’s and yet I let that happen. I’m going off an a freaking speech here christ. Look, what I’m trying to say is that if I could I would make sure that it didn’t happen that way. You deserve better  than your first time to be with some who was mad and bitter.” Yoongi mumbled quietly and Taehyung felt his eyes well up with tears. He shook his head frantically.

“I don’t deserve better. My first time was with you and that’s all I’d ever wanted. Yeah I thought that there was no emotional bond on your part but, I’m dense and insecure about those kinds of things. But I’m happy  that my first time was with you, you made me feel loved and you were gentle and caring. Stop beating yourself up about it, please, I don’t regret anything about that night.” Taehyung was trying to keep his voice calm as tears fell from his eyes. Yoongi looked at him for a few seconds, both of them deciphering the silent words behind the others eyes before the older leant forwards, Taehyung following the movement. With another quick glance towards the traffic, happily deciding they weren’t moving for a few minutes, Yoongi pressed his mouth gently against Taehyungs. The younger stiffened against the action, before melding into the olders hold, entwining their hands together. They kissed lazily, slowly for a few minutes before Yoongi pulled away, hand coming up to gently caress Taehyungs cheek.

“I… I sorted out my head and my heart. And. I think I wanna… sake, Taehyung will you go out with me?” Yoongi  asked, annoyed at how flustered he was. Taehyung just blinked before laughing, resting his forehead against the olders. 

“Yes, you don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to hear that.” He breathed, jumping when someone behind them beeped. They stared at each other for a few seconds before laughing as Yoongi focused on driving again, Taehyung doubled over from laughter.

When they reached Taehyungs apartment, Yoongi turned to the younger, smiling lightly.

“Go get some rest okay?” He spoke gently as Taehyung nodded, leaning in to peck Yoongi on the cheek before gathering his stuff and hopping out the car. 

“Bye Yoongi-hyung!” He called happily before opening his door. The older smiled as he watched him, heart feeling lighter all of a sudden. His phone buzzed.

Jin-hyung 7:34:12
If I saw what I think I just saw me and you need to have a chat. 

Yoongi looked up to see Jin staring at him through his bedroom window and Yoongi felt his heart stop briefly before another text came through.

Jin-hyung 7:35:43
The good kind of chat don’t worry. I’ve never seen my little brother this happy. Finally though, you guys have been dancing around each other for like, a year now :) 

Yoongi scoffed pocketing his phone and getting out of his car, locking it as he entered the building. On his way up the stairs he typed out a reply.

Yeah well, I’m coming up now, I miss  your brother already.