Existence

Resurrecting Elysian

The beautiful melody filling the practice room suddenly comes to a stop. Seohyun sigh. 'Where are they?'

 

Leaving the piano seat, she walks to the window. The warm rays of summer sun that filter in through the clear glass manage to lift the color in the room but not Seohyun's worries. Drown in her thoughts she was surprised with the sudden birthday song that echoes through the room.

 

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday our maknae! Happy Birthday to you!...Happy Birthday Seohyunnie!" all of her unnies excitedly wishing her a happy birthday with a big smile on their faces.

 

"Unnie!"

 

"Quick, blow the candles," Hyoyeon walks closer with the cake in her hand.

 

She was about to distinguish the flickering yellow flame when Tiffany stops her "Wait! Make a wish first,"

 

She smiles before closing her eyes tight with her hand clasp together. Opened her eyes she blows away the burning candles with a smile.

 

"What do you wish for?" Sooyoung asks with naughty eyes.

 

"Secret,"

 

Sooyoung wrinkles her nose in dissatisfaction.

 

"You shouldn't be digging into others wishes Sooyoungie," Tiffany chuckles patting her shoulder.

 

Placing the birthday cake onto the piano, Hyoyeon turns to Seohyun "You're officially 20, anywhere you want to go to celebrate being an adult?"

 

Seohyun notices the eager smile on her unnie face "I do but I'm not wishing to go to the club unfortunately unnie,"

 

Hyoyeon quickly put on a straight face "Who says I want to go clubbing?"

 

"Anybody could guess Hyoyeon-ah," Sunny giggles along the others.

 

"Hyoyeon-ah, cut down that habit of yours a bit. Clubbing isn’t a wise hobby after all," Taeyeon smiles to Hyoyeon "So, where exactly you want to go honey?" before she asks the youngest again.

 

"Camping!" her eyes sparkles in expectance.

 

"Seohyunnie…" Jessica sighs. Everybody knows how much she hate being in an uncivilized area.

 

"Please unnie," Seohyun opens her eyes big in the best imitation of a lost puppy.

 

Jessica hesitates, she raises her head realizing everyone eyes are focusing on her. "Alright," she gives in finally.

 

"Yeay! Thanks unnie," Seohyun hugs Jessica tight.

 

"No biggie," Jessica wraps her arms back around the birthday girl, a warm smile curve on her lips.

 

********************************

 

"God! This is perfect!" Yuri squeals, thrill eyeing the perfect view of the waterfall area.

 

"Thanks to me," Sooyoung smirks.

 

"How do you manage to know this place?" Sunny too can hide her amazement. The place looks like the reincarnation of heaven. The crystal blue water, the fresh grass of the vast green meadows and colorful bushes, the melodious whistle of the bird chirping, everything was so breathtaking.

 

"Soojin unnie told me. She and her friends come here once before,"

 

"This place sure is epic," Taeyeon agreed.

 

"Ok guys, time to set up the tents!" Tiffany reminds the others. After a while, two big tents already standing up near the big tree that manage to provide them with a refreshing shady area.

 

"Unnie, I want to look around," Seohyun informs Tiffany already standing up.

 

"I'll come with you,"

 

Seohyun just nodded with a smile.

 

"We're taking a walk, anyone else?" Tiffany asks the others.

 

"Its alright Fany, go on, we'll be preparing for lunch anyway but dinner is on you," Sunny wink.

 

"Ok," Fany chuckles before she left with Seohyun.

 

Walking through the tall huge trees along the waterfall, Seohyun suddenly asks "Fany unnie, this place is so Elysian like don’t you think?"

 

"I think so," Tiffany smile. Automatic her minds travels back to the moment they first met each other seven years ago.

 

"Where on earth did you read this Elysian story from? This competition said 'Fairytale Reviews' not writing your own fairytale. Isn't it clear enough people?" Mrs. Han voice sounds displease while her fingers pointing out to the title of the competition on the paper.

 

"But…" Jessica was about to rebuff when the arts and literature teacher cut her mockingly "Don't tell me this is your granny bedtime story,"

 

"I have…"

 

"Enough. All of you are automatically disqualified for violating the competition requirements," the female teacher makes her decision. "You all can go,"

 

Stepping out from the teacher's lounge Sooyoung complains by herself "I clearly have the book,"

 

"You do right?" Tiffany interrupts.

 

"I have it too," Taeyeon too.

 

"Me three," Hyoyeon follows.

 

"Looks like that aren’t that much into art judging she doesn’t even know the fairytale exist," Jessica agrees to the girls around her in her own way.

 

"Do you have it to fresher?" Hyoyeon asks the little girl in her first year. She’s more than sure the girl is the youngest among them all.

 

She nods.

 

"See! The story does exist!" Sooyoung whines.

 

"Why don’t we all bring the book tomorrow and show it to Mrs. Han?" Sunny asks innocently.

 

"Do you think she still wanna see us? I don’t think so," Yuri grumbles.

 

"I bet you're right," Taeyeon agrees. "Just in case can I…well know your names?" she hesitantly asks "I'm Kim Taeyeon by the way,"

 

"I'm Tiffany Hwang,"

 

"Kwon Yuri,"

 

"Kim Hyoyeon,"

 

"Lee Sunny,"

 

"Choi Sooyoung,"

 

"Im Yoona,"

 

"Jessica Jung,"

 

"Seo Juhyun,"

 

"Nice to meet all of you,"

 

"So do we,"

 

"Fany unnie looks!" Seohyun sudden exclamation caught her attention.

 

"What is it?"

 

"There's something written here," Seohyun brush away the damp moss covering the tree bark.

 

"E..L..Y..Elysian? It's Elysian!" Seohyun turns to Tiffany, excitement all over her face.

 

"Ely…Seohyun-ah!!!" Tiffany manages to grab Seohyun wrist.

 

"Fany! Seobaby! Lunch…Fany-ah!!!" Sooyoung sprint as fast as she could to the tree but before she could do anything the black hole forming on the tree already disappear with both of her friends leaving her horrified.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, what happened?" Taeyeon arrive a second after.

 

"Fany…Seobaby…they…they.." Sooyoung couldn't continue. She's completely shivering.

 

"Sooyoungie?" Sunny wraps her arms around that shoulder "Hey, what happened?"

 

"The tree," Sooyoung just manages to utter that one word.

 

All six of them automatically examine the tree "What's with tree?" Jessica asks.

 

"It…" Sooyoung was cut off by Yoona "What’s this?" she touch the carved word when she was suddenly pull in into the same black hole swallowing Seohyun and Tiffany before.

 

"Yoona-ah!" Yuri try to holds onto Yoona with the others helping unfortunately all of them helplessly in before anyone could do anything.

 

 

Finally, I write. Thanks to everyone who subscribes and leave your thoughts in the comment, I have the heart to write this story. This is the first chapter...and I'm terribly sorry if it do not reach your expectation. I'll try my best to do a better job next time.

 

And of course for the new readers...welcome! Subscription and comment are greatly appreciated cause it gives us writers an encouragement to do a better job..thanks in advance to everyone who reads! Hope you all enjoy (^^,)