Chapter 1

We Got Married

 

 
 
In a building where a newly born baby cries in unison with her mommy in the delivery room, a daring teenage boy tugs at the heart of his aging father as they walk into the emergency room with a broken leg. In this building where anxious family members pace waiting for a loved one's successful kidney transplant, another family of 3 generations hold onto one another as they watch someone's last breath fade away. Somewhere in this building of mass chaos and fine placidity, a man who was so rushed he wore a pair of two right shoes sat silently on a couch in a private room of this hospital, carefully watching his wife skim through the morning's newspaper. Silence engulfed the entire room with the exception of the rhythmic tapping coming from the pen loosely held between her fingers.
For almost two hours, not a single person had even whispered a word. "Donghae" The tapping stopped when Yoona placed the pen on top of the blank sheet of paper near the pile of newspapers.
"Can you get me some water?" There was a familiar smile on her face he remembered.
"I think-" Donghae started to say. 
"Please. I'm just thirsty." Maybe out of frustration or just pure distress, Donghae let out a deep sigh for the first time today.
"Okay. I'll be right back." Without a sound yet with heavy feet, he disappeared past the door leaving a small click behind him. As soon as she was sure he wasn't in her vacinity anymore, Donghae reached for the newspapers again. Headlines, subtitles and articles she couldn't remember covered every inch and corner of the gray pieces of ink covered paper.
[World Cup Semis: Korea "Again 2002"?]
[President Lee Myungbak caught in yet another economical controversy.]
[Third's A Charm: Kim Hyunjoong And Hwangbo, Third Couple From 'We Got Married' To Plan On Walking Down The Aisle!] 
All listed under 'Monday, July 28, 2012'.
Once again picking up her pen, Yoona tried to write whatever she could remember about her life down on that yet to be marked piece of white paper. Anything, she repeated in her head. The doctor told her that she should, that she could simply scribble any thoughts or images that came to her - anything. Both frustrated and impatient, the pen started tapping again - a little more violently against the table, a little more tightly in her hand.
The consistent tapping came to an abrupt halt just in time to catch the barely audible drop of salty liquid hit the blank sheet of paper, that she had to settle for as the memories she once stored in her life. Tears were quite frequent in hospitals. There were probably over a dozen people crying somewhere in the building right at the exact moment Yoona started sobbing uncontrollably like a broken faucet. And one person in particular stood outside a room marked '602 - Im Yoona' holding a couple bottles of water, watching the most important person in his life break down. He let a few of his own tears drip from his eyes, not because he felt sorry for her, but because he felt like there was nothing he could do to protect her from the pain.
 
~~Please Comment & Subscribe(= Thank You~~