Chapter 63

Never On Earth You Now Unexpectedly Expected Backwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AREUM'S POV

 

I wake up feeling the heat of the sun on my face.

 

I open my eyes and saw the see in front of me.

 

I slept on my car last night.

 

I just can't accept the fact that Shannon lied to me.

 

Why does it have to be like this?

 

I shouldn't have let myself fall for her.

 

I shouldn't have given her a chance.

 

It hurts to know the truth.

 

It hurts to know that my unnie also lied to me.

 

She knows everything but she chooses to keep it from me.

 

I thought I found the one who will love me without asking anything in return but it turns out that we are engage for business sake.

 

Did they sent Shannon to see if I'm worthy of being her wife?

 

Did they send Shannon to check on our family?

 

I'm so confused now.

 

I open my phone and found out that there's a lot of messages coming from my friends and unnie.

 

I ignored them.

 

It's already 10:00am

 

I decided to go back home.

 

When I get there I saw Qri unnie sitting on the couch in the leaving room

 

I choose to ignore her and walk towards the stairs.

 

"She already left." She said.

 

Who left?

 

"Shannon already fly back to New York" she said again and I stop my track.

 

The pain I'm feeling again.

 

You shouldn't care Lee Areum.

 

"Before you go upstairs and decide what you wanted to do in your life now please listen to me. I beg you" she said

 

I sighed and walk back to sit on the couch in front of her.

 

"I'm not going to give you this to forgive me. I admit I lied to you and I was wrong but Shannon. She've done nothing wrong to you so please don't be mad at her" she said.

 

"Sh-"

 

"Please don't say anything first until I'm done" She said so I shut up.

 

"Our parents decided to engage you to Shannon because of the favor I ask to them before we go to US. I ask them to completely accept you to the family. Mom and Dad are ok with it but grandpa is not. He gave conditions" she said and gave me an envelope.

 

"What is this?" I ask.

 

"Go open it so that you'll know" she said and rolled her eyes on me.

 

I open it.

 

Damn what is this?

 

Crap!!.

 

I throw the papers on the table.

 

"So you are marrying Hyomin unnie for this?" I ask

 

"No. Hyomin knows about that contract before she asks me to marry her and if you wanna know Shannon doesn't know about that" she added.

 

"Why did she come here then?" I ask

 

"She came here for you. She runaway home. Shannon keeps following you around when we are still in New York. She had this huge crush on you before she could ever find out that she's engage with you. Shannon ask her parents to give you a chance to know each other first and decided whether you wanna marry her or not but they disagree to her idea. She had no other choice but to escape and meet you. She know there's nothing she can do to stop the wedding so she want to make you fall in love but if that didn't happen..." unnie paused

 

"What? If that didn't happen what?"  I impatiently ask.

 

"She will marry someone else" she said.

 

"NO! It happens unnie I fall for her! I love her!!" I said and I was crying now.

 

"I'm sorry Reumie but it's too late. She didn't thought you love her. She already left. Her parents are not going to allow her to communicate to anyone" she said

 

Pabo Lee Areum.

 

Pabo..

 

You just lost her

 

Maybe I was meant to be alone forever.

 

I just cry and Qri unnie hug me.

 

"It's all my fault unnie. I should've let her explain to me" I said while crying.

 

 

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I'm here outside Kyul's house.

 

I'm waiting for her to come out.

 

Then, after a few seconds I saw her approaching me.

 

"Hi Mrs. Park" I greeted her and she giggled.

 

"What? You have to get used to it" I said and she hug my waist.

 

"How about you became Mrs. Lee instead?" She ask

 

"Omo you wanna be ManRi that sounds cool but Nah. You'll be Mrs. Park" I said.

 

"Fine, whatever. I don't care as long as I marry you" She said

 

"Heol my Kyul is being sweet" I said and pinch her cheeks lightly and kiss her lips.

 

"By the way how's Areumie?" I ask.

 

"She falls asleep after crying. I told her everything" She said

 

"So they're really over now?" I ask with a sad tone.

 

Those two look together.

 

"Nope. I don't think my parents and Shannon's parents will cancel the engagement. They already spent a lot for that" she said

 

I arch an eyebrow to her.

 

"Let me guess Areumie doesn't know about this. She thought it was really over right?" I ask coz I had a feeling about her smiles.

 

"Yeah, that's her punishment for making me worry the whole night and also this one should serve as a lesson to her. She should learn to listen and avoid jumping to conclusion" She said.

 

"Wow your punishment is kind of tough. I hope you didn't do something like that to our baby" I said.

 

"Well, that depends if our baby will be as dorky as you Minnie" She said.

 

"Let's go now. We have to prepare things for next week" I said and we get inside the car then leave.

 

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

"Jungie Areumie and Shannon's love story is so sad" Jiyeon said.

 

We are here in the living room sitting on the couch.

 

Her head rest on my chest as she played on the hem of my shirt.

 

"I'm sure their love story isn't over yet." I said.

 

"How can you say that?" She asks.

 

"Well, they are arranged marriage. Their parents spent a lot to it for sure. The only thing that is needed now is an announcement. They don't even need Areum and Shannon's conscent. They will get married whether they love each other or not" I explained.

 

"So they'll still see each other. That's good news then. I hope Areumie won't be a pabo if they see each other again." She said.

 

And we just remain in our position without saying a word. Just merely enjoying the warmth from each other.

 

She doesn't have to go to the office that's why we don't have to go anywhere.

 

"Jungie" she called me.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Hyomin unnie and Qri will get married next week then sooner or later it'll be Areumie and Shannon's" She said.

 

I know where is this going.

 

I already ask help to Areum and Shannon. They help me build up my confidence but I think it's really not going to work.

 

But I have to do something now. I think I can do it this time.

 

What am I scared of? It's obvious that she's going to say yes.

 

 

NEXTDAY

 

It's early in the morning.

 

I'm standing here in front of my mirror staring at my reflection asking myself how do I look?

 

It's not yet winter and it's not that cold in the room but my hands are icy cold.

 

My heart is racing and it beats too loud making me feel uncomfortable.

 

I keep sighing for the nth time.

 

I go to my closet and get a small box.

 

"This is it" I can only said to encourage myself.

 

I put it in my pocket and go downstairs.

 

I found my parents having their breakfast in the dining area.

 

"Good morning Mom Goodmorning Dad" I greeted them before I go to my sit and take my breakfast.

 

They greeted me back.

 

"Eunjung honey. Eat slowly you might choke" Mom said to me.

 

"You look nervous. Is there something wrong? “Dad asks.

 

I swallow my food and sigh AGAIN.

 

"Is there a problem?" Mom worriedly ask.

 

"Nothing. It's just that I'm feeling nervous" I said.

 

"Why are you nervous?" Mom asks again.

 

I can't say it so I get the small box on my pocket and show it to them.

 

Mom gasp when she saw it and Dad just laugh at me.

 

"So you are going to propose to Jiyeon now. What's the plan?" Dad asks me.

 

Yes, I'm going to propose today that's why I'm uneasy.

 

"I don't have any plan Dad. I fail when I plan things. Maybe going on with the flow would help" I said and Mom chuckled.

 

I curiously look at her.

 

"You remind me of someone I used to know “Mom said and laugh while Dad keeps quiet.

 

"Who?" I ask.

 

"Your Dad. Your Dad may look as the coolest man during those days but who would've thought that he can't even make a simple proposal without fainting" Mom said

 

Exactly how I feel.

 

"So what did you do Dad to propose to Mom?" I ask.

 

"Nothing really. It's all your Mom's effort" He answered.

 

Eh?

 

"Mom proposed to you?" I ask.

 

"No I still did that" Dad answered

 

"Yes, but I have to threaten your Dad to break up and I told him I'm going to marry someone else if he didn't proposed to me" Mom said and she just laugh at Dad.

 

I always saw my parents as sophisticated and elegant person. I never thought they had their dorky sides too.

 

Well, I should've known that coz they had me.

 

But that doesn't make me feel comfortable.

 

Does Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter