Prologue

My Lady

As a brother, Yunho would take good care of his sister, even though they're just minutes apart. It has been that way since they were young. Even until now, when they are 26 years old.

 

-

 

Yunho glanced at the time and muttered a few unheard words and quickly parked his car at the basement of the shopping mall. He turned off his car and immediately got out. His lips muttered a few words as he walked away from his car, after he locked it, of course.

 

He was supposed to fetch his sister from the mall, but due to his forgetfulness, he was running an hour late. If it weren't for his mother's reminder he would've totally forgotten about it.

 

After he arrived, he walked around the mall as he fished out his phone from his pocket. His fingers were just about to dial his twin's number when he bumped into someone. He heard a soft groan and by reflex, his eyeballs averted to look at the person he just bumped into.

 

Yunho's eyes scanned the person from top to toe. A pair of doe eyes and the plumpy pinkish lips were familiar to his eyes. He stared at the familiar pair of doe eyes that looked at him with annoyance. "Youngie?"

 

He watched as his sister got up and lighted brushed her the end of her dress. "So much for a handsome face ." She hissed and walked past Yunho with controlled anger.

 

Yunho's mind went blank. Is she mad at him for being late? Before his sister got too far, he walked closer to her and once she was in his reach, he circled his arms around her waist and placed his chin on her right shoulder.

 

His twin struggled in his arms. "Let go of me!" She landed a few hits onto his arms. "Youngie... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to forget." Without waiting any further Yunho wrapped his fingers around his sister's wrist and was about to drag her away.

 

"Yunho oppa / Joongie noona!" Yunho stopped at his tracks and turned to look at the person who called him. He was shocked to see his sister's face a meter away from him. With a confused mind he turned to look at the person who was in his grip.

 

"Excuse me, would you please let go of my sister?" Yunho turned to find a young man around his age standing beside his sister. The person in his grip slowly removed Yunho's hand from her wrist.

 

"Changmin ah, let's go" The lady who's face was identical to his sister's circled her arms around the young man in front of him. The person named Changmin smiled apologetically.

 

"Miss Youngwoong, once again I'm sorry for mistaking you as my sister. " Changmin slightly bowed. "Ah, it's alright." Youngwoong smiled and waved at Changmin and his sister as they walked away.

 

After they were out of sight, Youngwoong turned facing her brother. "So... Oppa. You mistaken Kim Jaejoong for myself didn't you?"

 

"Kim Jaejoong?" Youngwoong nodded. "Yup, we were schoolmates in high school before you and I continued university in Tokyo. You homeschooled during your highschool years. Remember?"

 

"But why does she look so identical to you?" Youngwoong lifted her shoulders. "Let's go home now. I wanna try out the new dress that I bought. Hey, just now I..." Youngwoong continued to talk about her day while Yunho listened as he thought of the lady he bumped into just now.

 

'Kim Jaejoong...'