Seungcheol

growing pains

CHAPTER I: 승철 (Wake up, boo!)

A sigh, the sound of sheets moving and a grumble; another sigh and loud music. A lot of loud music, actually; Choi Seungcheol wakes up on a Monday morning with a headache and the thought of killing somebody on his mind.

Seungcheol grunts as he hides his head under his pillow, the boy keeps his eyes closed but knows he won't be able to fall asleep once again; so he pouts, and he sighs and he grunts again, throwing his pillow to the side when he hears someone yell and the music turning louder. 

Hansol, Seungcheol thinks, finally giving up his sleep and opening his eyes tiredly. The boy grimances once he feels the sharp pain on his head called hangover; the remnants of Sunday's reunion at Jeonghan's apartment, and stays still for a while. Seungcheol stares at his ceiling as he hears Drake's Know Yourself get to an end and his dad's screams to turn that goddamned music off get angrier and angrier. He stares at the ceiling and at the old pictures hanging from it; he's removing them soon – he decides, they're falling off anyways, and Seungcheol has always felt weird to wank off on his bed with Soonyoung's picture looking down at him. 

The boy frowns, takes his time to look at every picture and only smiles fondly once he gets to Hansol's, Seungcheol spends some good 2 minutes staring at the younger's eyes in the picture, he takes a look at his messy, curly hair and at his little hands: one holding Korea's flag and the other behind Seungcheol's head, his smile only gets wider, but fades away when No Role Modelz starts playing; his dad shouts his name and he sighs.

“er.” Seungcheol says under his breath, he takes the sheets off of him and gets up from his bed lazily. He smirks once he is in front of his full-body mirror, flexes and scans himself up and down with a grin. Seungcheol takes a hand to his black hair and runs his fingers through it, smiling as he takes the sight of himself on white briefs and red hickeys on his chest.

“Choi Seungcheol!” His dad shouts again and Seungcheol rolls his eyes, he sighs as he grabs a shirt from the floor without seeing, smelling, and walks towards his door in a slow pace.

“Seung–

“I'm going, dad!” Seungcheol interrupts, he sighs, knocks on a door before opening it and smiles.

“Hey, brat,” He says, Seungcheol grabs a remote from the floor and turns off the music before he sits on a messy bed with sheets painted of blue, “Getting ready for school?” 

Hansol turns around from the mirror when the music stops, he stares at Seungcheol for a moment and then turns back to the mirror.

The younger boy is sitting on the floor with his legs crossed; he has his hair, brown, curly – a total mess, tied on a even messier bun on the lower part of his head and his clothes were nowhere near to his school's uniform; instead, he wore a black tank top and briefs.  

“Nice eyeliner.” Seungcheol mumbles, he smiles and shrugs when Hansol looks at him through the mirror and completely ignores him. 

Seungcheol sighs again but keeps the smile on his face, turns his back to Hansol's and starts leaving the younger's room, “Say hello to Minghao for me,” Seungcheol says, he smirks and continues, “Don't do anything too stupid, Hansol.”

The only answer he receives is silence and a small smile from his brother.

Seungcheol only keeps his smile – yawns, too, because he's sure he only got around 2 hours of sleep last night and gets back to his room only to change his clothes.

The black-haired boy stares again at his reflection in the mirror: looks at his thighs, at his shoulders; the boy tilts his head back when he notices small, pink circles on his skin and blames it on Jihoon and alcohol that he can't remember. He struggles to put his skinny jeans on, and slowly buttons his shirt up in a lazy fashion. Seungcheol yawns again, messes up his hair a little bit, fixes it, and then leaves his room.

Soonyoung is already eating breakfast with his parents when he arrives to the kitchen.

Seungcheol wants to be impressed, he really does – but he knows the blond-haired boy is always there before Seungcheol goes downstairs every morning – hell, Seungcheol would almost say Kwon Soonyoung spent more time on their house than Hansol did. 

The black-haired crunches his nose up while seeing Soonyoung eat; he takes a big scoop of rice to his mouth and chews loudly, not caring about Seungcheol's arrival at all.

“Kwon Soonyoung,” He says; sighs when he gets ignored by the younger. 

Seungcheol rolls his eyes, bounces his leg and sighs again, “Kwon Soonyoung!” He calls, louder this time. Soonyoung looks up from his seat and gulps.

“Yes, hyung?” The blond asks, with eyes innocently staring at him and a small smile on his face.

Seungcheol only rolls his eyes again, “Let's go, we're going to be late.”

Soonyoung nods twice, takes a last bite from his mom's breakfast and stands up from his chair. Seungcheol, who saw the scene with raised eyebrows and expectation, turns his back, walking away slowly.

“Thank you for the food, Ms. Choi!” He hears Soonyoung say, hears some chairs move and Soonyoung calling Seungcheol to wait for him; Seungcheol doesn't.

“Seungcheol.” His dad calls, and Seungcheol can't believe it's only 7:30 a.m. in the morning and he's already rolled his eyes more than he should have. Seungcheol turns to face his dad again, who is reading the newspaper; eyes glued on the words on the paper and not on him. The black-haired smiles.

“What?” The boy takes both hands to his pockets; he can feel Soonyoung waiting for him right behind him, his mother worriedly flips the kimchi pancakes and his dad takes a sip of his dark coffee.

“You're not going to eat breakfast?” Mr. Choi raises his eyebrows through his eyeglasses, leaves the cup of coffee on the table.

He shakes his head, turns his back at him and smiles, “I'm good.”

Seungcheol knows the awkward silence following his words leave his mom thinking, so he takes a last look at the kitchen and grins at her.

“Mom it looks delicious,” Seungcheol says, smiling fondly at the woman. “But it's getting late… you know that right?” He furrows his eyebrows, pouts his lips and stares at his mom with the doe-like eyes he knows he has. 

Behind him, Soonyoung nods.

Ms. Choi claps her hands together, smiles widely before shaking her head, “It's okay, Seungcheollie, don't be so considerate to me.” 

“Now go! It's getting late, my son.” She winks, wipes her hands on her apron and starts flipping the kimchi pancakes once again.

Seungcheol smiles again, before turning away and walking towards the door with Soonyoung following right behind him.

The door closes and Soonyoung is quick to put his arms around Seungcheol.

“So Seungcheollie,” Soonyoung lets out a breath, he smiles while looking at the distance, “What's the plan of today?”

Seungcheol frowns, moves so Soonyoung stops embracing him and crosses his arms against his chest, “We're going to school.” 

Soonyoung's smile fades away.

“Really?” The boy furrows his eyebrows in disbelief.

“Yes, really.” Seungcheol huffs, “We have things to talk about with the lads.” He remembers Soonyoung.

“Do you think Minki would bring that vodka he talked about on Saturday if I told him to?” 

Soonyoung frowns, “Choi Minki would jump off a cliff if you told him to.”

“Nice.” Seungcheol says, “Although I'm fancying whisky more right now…” He mutters, tentatively looks at Soonyoung and claps his hands together. 

“What do you think?”

The blond raises his eyebrows, “Eh… I couldn't care less?” He says, “I don't drink–

“But you do.” Seungcheol sighs, he rolls his eyes, “But ever since Jihoon stopped drinking you also did. Only when he's not around, of course.”

Soonyoung chokes on his own saliva, he clears his throat and smiles sheepishly, “Why do we need alcohol, though?”

“May is almost over,” Seungcheol avoids Soonyoung's eyes. “And you, Kwon Soonyoung–

The blond sighs exasperatedly, he drops his arms to his sides and rolls his eyes. “Stop ing around, Seungcheol,” He whines, “You think I am still a because I want to?” The boy ends his sentence in a whisper, and Seungcheol laughs.

“That's not my problem, mate.” The older shrugs, “But I'm trying to help you out. I really don't want to stop talking to you.” 

Soonyoung glares at him, “You wouldn't.”

“I would. And I will if you are still a when June starts.” The black-haired boy explains, “s are losers and you know I don't hang out with losers.” 

“But I'll lend you a hand, okay?” Seungcheol continues, he draws a small ‘o’ with his fingers and smiles just slightly, “We're making a party and you, Soonyoung, are going to lose your ity tonight.”

“T-tonight?” Soonyoung stumbles on the word and nods twice when Seungcheol does too, “But with who?”

Seungcheol points at the front and smirks, “I already asked for some help.” 

The younger turns his head to look at the front; his mouth turning into a perfect circle when he takes a look at the person who, in slow but sure steps was walking towards them.

Soonyoung stutters.

“W-with…?”

166 centimeters of pure perfection, pale skin, cotton-candy colored hair with a great smiled at them brightly, Seungcheol took his time to stare at the boy in front of them, and raised a hand when the boy got closer.

“Hello, Jihoon.”

Lee Jihoon smiles at him, looks down once he notices Seungcheol's marks on his neck, “Hey, Seungcheol, Soonyoung.”

“Had fun yesterday?” Seungcheol asks, he raises his eyebrows and smirks.

Jihoon, who smirks back at him and nods, “Lots, thank you.” 

The smaller boy walks towards Seungcheol to give him a peck on the lips, and Seungcheol, with eyes wide open, sees how Soonyoung grimaces at the view.

“Any time, babe.” Seungcheol winks, rubs a circle on Jihoon's shoulder and then puts all of his attention on Soonyoung, who was sulking on the side. 

“I was telling Soonyoung about how we were going to help him out, you know?” 

Jihoon opens his eyes wide, but then he smiles and his eyes turn into small crescents – and Soonyoung smiles as well.

“Right,” He says, “Uh… remember Seokmin?” He asks, the pink-haired boy takes a hand to his mouth and starts thinking.

Soonyoung frowns, “Kim Seokmin? Or… as in another Seokmin?” He grimaces. 

Jihoon lets out a laugh, “Don't get your hopes up, huh,” He says, “I told him but he made the same exact reaction as you.” He shakes his head in disbelief, and Seungcheol smirks at the sight of Soonyoung's eyes sparkling when Jihoon starts doing that.

“So I had to ask another person instead,” The smaller boy continues, “So… Boo Seungkwan?”

Seungcheol frowns, “Boo?”

“Yeah… do you know him?” 

The black-haired boy tilts his head in confusion, “I think I've heard of him?” He mutters.

“Is he hot?” Soonyoung asks with raised eyebrows and hope showing on his face.

Jihoon grimaces, “He's more cute than he's hot,” He shrugs, “But he has a great , and people say he's a good so…” 

“Better than yours?” Seungcheol wonders and the other boy frowns.

“Probably.” 

“I don't think so!” Soonyoung interrupts loudly; startling Jihoon at the process. The blond blinks twice and laughs awkwardly, “I mean– you have a great .”

Silence.

“Not that I see your that often–” 

“I mean… at all…” Soonyoung mutters, he shyly looks down but raises his head almost immediately when Jihoon starts laughing.

“Thank you?” Jihoon says; he claps his hands together and smiles. “So, tonight, huh?” 

Seungcheol nods, takes a look at Soonyoung's happy face and extends his arm to grab Jihoon's hand.

Jihoon tightly holds his'.

“Yeah, tonight.”