01.

I like...

Hi all! This is Youngni and this is my first fanfic! I've been reading a lot of them and I wanted to try writing one so here it is~ It's a short story and I hope you enjoy it~

 

-Youngni

---------------------------------------------------------------

 "Ding Dong!" The doorbell rang and Wheein rushed over to answer it.

"Hyejin-ah, you're here... Woah! You're all drenched!"

"Thanks, I couldn't tell. Says the one who made me rush over on chicken night," Hyejin muttered under her breathe darkly as she pushed Wheein aside and hurried into the warm apartment.

"Oh finally! Out of that darn rain!" Hyejin exclaimed dramatically as she flopped onto the couch.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't know it was raining"

"Where's your roommate?"

"Oh she's out. She'll be back soon."

Seconds later Wheein placed a cup of steaming tea on the table.

"Here, I just got a fresh batch of tea leaves from Mum. It's peppermint."

Hyejin sniffed the air and sat up, grabbing the hot cup in her cold hands.

"Mmmm, fresh tea from Mummy Jung!"

She closed her eyes and breathed in the refreshing arouma. Wheein sat opposite her on the couch. Silence for a moment.

Then another.

And another.

 

 

"So you're not gonna talk?"

"Erm, how was your week?"

"Fine. Now spill."

"Spill what?"

Wheein chuckled nervously and fiddled with her fingers, avoiding eye contact with Hyejin. Hyejin rolled her eyes and sat her cup down.

"Jung Wheein. You interrupted my dinner date with chicken, calling me all breathless "Hyejin-ah, I have something to say!" The last time this happened you broke your mum's vase and somehow I ended up grounded with you for two months. Spill."

Wheein bit her lips and grimaced at the memory. Well, she was young and foolish. When she turned around Hyejn was still staring at her with piercing eyes.

"You see... I like someone. Well, at least I think so? I mean I don't really like her it's just-"

"Her?"

"Yeah, her. But I don't know if it's a crush or just affection or an infatuation or-"

"Her?"

"Hyejin. I thought we cleared this back in year one of middle school when I confessed I liked Irene sunbae. We've been through this conversation a million times"

Hyejin shrugged.

"Sorry I forgot."

"Again."

"Well, that's besides the point. So who is she?"

Wheein pondered over her words. Should I tell Hyejin? I mean, it might be awkward... But I've known Hyejin since forever... What if she thinks we can never be together? I mean she doesn't know who it is but who wouldn't fall for her? What if...

A thousand thoughts raced through her head as she pouted there, ransacking through her head. Hyejin yawned and picked up her cup. Opps, no more tea. She stood up and headed towards the kitchen, startling Wheein.

"Come on Pup, I haven't got all day."

"..."

"I like..."

"You like?"

"I like..."

"You like?"

Wheein shook her head and ran her hands over her face.

"It's too embarrassing saying it out!"

"No it isn't. I like pizza, I like chicken, I like chocolate, I like ice cream, I like-"

"No! It's different! It's not easy to say this kind of like out!"

"Okay fine then tell me, why do you like her?"

Wheein paused.

"Her eyes, her smile, her lips, there's nothing not to like about her."

Hyejn faked puking as she walked out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. Wheein stared at the wall dreamily, thinking about her.

"So who is she? I stood up chicken and braved the rain for you Jung Wheein"

Wheein buried her head in her hands again. Her cheeks were burning from the thought of admitting it out loud. Urghhh fine.

"I like..."

"WHAT? I can't hear you"

Hyejin shouted over the hairdryer blasting in her hands.

Seriously? Now, Hyejin?

"I like my room-mate..."

"COME AGAIN, did you say something? I honestly can't hear you over this-"

"FOR GOD'S SAKE HYEJIN! I LIKE MY ROOMMATE! THERE! I'VE SAID IT. I LIKE BYULYI!"

The hairdryer stopped at the last sentence. Silence filled the air as Wheein waited for Hyejin's response.

It never came.

 

 

 

"ME TOO!"

A husky voice shouted back.

Wherein froze.

No, it can't be...

The frontdoor swang open and Byulyi stood there, grinning like a fool. Wheein stared back.

A goofy smile graced Byulyi's lips,

"I like my roommate too."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

It's really short, just under 700 words, but it is my first fic... I hope it's okay? It's not That bad, right? THIS is not plagarised, it's still Youngni (under a different name). Sorry for the confusion, there were some complications... Comments are really appreciated~ Thank you so much for reading! I love you!

P.S. Shoutout to my first commenter there: THANK YOU SO MUCH