Because I love you

Because I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Jong Kook Oppa, what is it like to be able to see? " 12 year old Ji hyo asked. Jong Kook was taken back by her question, what was he to answer? He did not want to lie to her, nor did he want to tell her, afraid to hurt her due to her disability.

" Oppa? " she said again, as she did not hear any reply. 

" Oh? Oh.. Its.. nice, i guess. " he replied. She smiled as she looked up at the sky, as if she could see everything around her. 

" Must be nice being able to see everything around you. The world must be so beautiful. " she said, a tinge of sadness could be heard in her words, and he noticed it. He pulled her head towards his shoulder to let her rest her head on it. Then he noticed a tear escape her eye.

" Don't worry Ji Hyo, you will see in the future, I promise. " Jong Kook made certain. Ji hyo got up and wiped her tears. 

" Thanks Oppa, but don't make promises you can't keep, it will only hurt the person you make the promise to. " she said before walking away back into her room.

Ji hyo and Jong Kook were neighbours, but they were more than that. They were as close as people could get, sharing their problems with one another, and seeking each other for comfort when needed.

-

10 years later....

" Jong Kook loves hae young, Jong Kook loves hae young... " Haha teased. He loved making fun of his hyung for not having at least a girlfriend his whole life. He found his hyung weird, he had the looks of a model, brains of an einstein, but he never had any relationships. Girls must be throwing themselves at him, did he not like any of them? Was he.... gay?!?! He shook his head, his hyung was not gay. 

His comment got him a smack on the head by his hyung who was not very pleased. He looked up to see him staring at him. He shot his hyung an apologetic look and walked away from the dangerous situation. 

" Yah oppa, don't hit haha oppa like that. He is kind of right you know, you are already 27 but still single. Its time that you find someone and settle down soon. Why not Hae Young unnie? She is pretty and you do look like you like her. " Ji hyo said, nudging Jong Kook's side.

" I don't like her!!! " he shouted. Ji hyo was left stunned. He rarely shouted at anyone, let alone her. His so called sister. Realising his mistake is immediately continued.

" I... I mean that she is not my type, she is a nice person, but I just don't like her that way. " he clarified. Not like he was lying, he couldn't lie to the only person he had in his heart.

" Oh ok... " she replied before walking away.

-

Another 3 years passed and Jong Kook was now 30. He enjoyed his life. His job as a personal trainer in the gym gave him alot of spare time that he could spend with his little sister. It felt almost perfect to him, but there was only one problem. She was his 'sister' not girlfriend. He sighed at the thought. 

" Jong Kook-ah, come eat lunch. " Ji hyo's mother told him. Jong Kook often went over to Ji hyo's place to eat after both his parents passed away due to old age. " Neh eomonim. " he replied. He practically addressed her as his own mother now.

During lunch it was just the two of them. Ji hyo was out at work and would not be home till late. " Jong Kook-ah, do you have a girlfriend? " He shook his head.

" Do you have someone you like? " He nodded this time. 

" Is it my Ji hyo? " she asked, her tone was as if she knew what was going on. He just sat there quietly hoping to avoid the question, but it only proved her assumption correct.  

" You know Jong Kook-ah, I fully support you and your decision. " she said, causing Jong Kook to stop eating and stare at her with big eyes. Was he dreaming? Did he just hear right?

" I will let you be with Ji hyo because I trust you. Both of you have known each other for so long and know each other so well, plus I have seen your chemistry together. No one can doubt you two are a match made in heaven. " she praised. Jong Kook was so glad to hear it, he never knew that he had support to help her the way he wanted to.

But.... what if she did not want it?

-

Jong Kook waited for Ji hyo to get home along with her mother. They sat on the living room sofa, talking about Ji hyo and her life, joking and laughing. Thats when the front door opened. 

'" Ji... " Jong Kook said before keeping quiet when he saw a stranger kissing her at the doorstep.

" Thanks for sending me home jae chul. " she thanked the man before he walked off. She closed the door and headed for her room. Jong Kook stood a few feet in front of her, hands on his mouth to muffle his cries and sniffles caused by what he witnessed just now. Luckily Ji hyo did not hear him and headed for her room.

Jong Kook could not take it anymore. His legs gave way, he was now on his knees face in his palms and his heart in shattered pieces. He continued to have his face in his palms as he cried out loud, breathing unstable. He continued to scream in his hands, his tears wetting the floor from all his crying. It hurt too much. He clenched his fist and slammed his chest multiple times hoping to relief the pain he was experiencing within. 

 Ji hyo's mother could only stand there and watch as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter