The Subway

The Subway

" Do come again when you want to do volunteer . We really need your help to cheer up the kids" , the 2 nurse are standing at the hallway who is talking to a girl about her 20's.

"Of course , I have to come here ." , she said in a cheerful tone

"So ,when will be your departure ?"

"Tomorrow morning" , she replied .

"Really ? You must be tired . After done with volunteering , you have to go for another volunteering ." , she just chuckles .

"Ah ,before I forget . Your doctor want to meet you . He want to give something " , then , she realized that it's already past midnight .

"So , I go first , eunnie" , she is walking quickly to the lift and at a moment she is looking back while waving at them .

"Oh , see you again "

After she enter the lift , "What such a nice kid . She's too smart to be a volunteer . With her brain , she can make more money than what she have now" . The 2 nurses enter back the ward to continue working .

Halla get off from the lift and quickly going to ER . Even it's already past midnight , but for ER , the situation is more hectic . She have to pass crowd of people before she arrive at ER reception counter .

"Eunnie " , she greet one of the nurse at the counter .

"Owh , Halla-ya . Do you do volunteering again ?" , she nods with a smile.

"Oh , tomorrow . Ah , eunnie . I heard that he want to meet me " , she lean forward by lifting up her foot a bit .

"He really want to but I bet you cannot wait , right ? Here " , while taking something under the table . It's a paper bag .

"What is this ?" , she take a peek into the bag .

"Medicine . Since you'll be away for a long time, he prepared you with that . Make sure to eat regularly , okay ? If you don't want him to get mad " , she just smiling .

"Where is him ? " , she is taking a peek inside the emergency room , searching for that doctor .

"There's an emergency case that was assigned to him just now" , she seems upset because she really want to meet him .

"Oh , really . Okay , then . Send my regards to him . And , thank you for this " , while walking away from the counter .

Then , a guy with black sweat shirt just go out from ER and walking towards the counter to settle something . The nurse who just talked to Halla seems forget something .

"Ah , Halla-yah !" , she screams from the counter and stop Halla who is heading to the hospital lobby .

She turns back and waiting for the nurse to who is running towards her .

Halla ?

It's like the guy in sweat shirt remember something about the girl .

He turn to them . She was the person that he met 7 years ago . He quickly completing his errand and walking slowly towards them . That nurse is giving her a hug before leaving back to her workplace .

When she is about to walk , "Halla-shi ?" , she turns back again .

"Yes, I'm . Are you calling me ?"

"Do you remember me?" , he's taking off his beanie while she is retrieving any memory that happen between him and her .

5 years ago ~~

That day was a bit humid and cold . Her mother called her that she couldn't take her at the school and asked her to take subway instead . So , she took it . There were no empty seat , so she just stand beside the door and play her walkman while reading notes .

The train become full with people. At some point , she felt a bit suffocated and discomfort when there was a guy which was student just like her standing right in front of me . But it seemed like he hurt his leg . He wear crutch at one side .

"Do you want to exchange place ?" , seeing that he couldn't move to the inner side of the subway since it's already too pack .

"Yes ?", quickly , she change her place with him . There was people were offering him the place but he refuse since that oldies need that seat more than him , he said .

How concerned he is ? Instead of couldn't standing properly , he didn't want that old man standing up while he would be sitting . Station by station , the number of people decreased , so , she helped that guy to search for empty seat .

Luckily , there's one . She took one of his hand to hold onto her shoulder and took the crutch while he was trying to walk slowly to that seat . Yeah , it's awkward when she was doing it for the guy that might be the same age as her . She just want to help , there's no other intention since all the passenger were busy with their smart phone .

"Thank you "

"It's okay " , so , she turned to her standing place back .

30 minutes later , she arrive at her destination as well as that guy . There were no people inside the subway , so , she got no choice but to help him going out of the train quickly before the door close . She got him to take the lift instead of stairs with that condition .

She thought that would be her last meeting with him . But she kept smiling because felt proud on what she'd done . She wait in front of the subway station and that guy also waiting there as well . They exchange smile .

"Thank you for helping me earlier"

"It's my honour ."

"So , are you waiting your parents ?" , she nod .

"But she said that she is going to be late since today is her first day working at her new workplace ." , while helping him sitting at the bench .

"You can take a taxi ,then . It much faster and you don't need to wait for your mother that long ", she chuckles .

"If you are at your first day at other state , will you do the same ?" , he shake his head .

"I don't believe people that fast "

"Then , same like me . I don't trust people that fast "

"So , this is your first day schooling ? Where do you live before ?"

"DaeGu . My parents got divorced and I prefer to follow my mother even I have to separate with my friends"

"So , we're in the same condition then ."

"By the way , I'm from Busan . Today also was my first day schooling here . I'm a trainee to become an idol "

"Ah , really ? I must be lucky then . Meeting a soon-to-be idol " , both of them just chuckles . While Halla is looking the other side , the strong wind that day made every strip of her was following the rhythm of the wind . JungKook who was seeing that moment , he thought the girl was pretty .

He caught off-guard of not taking his eyes off her . When she turned around , both of their eyes were meeting each other and there's a spark . The moment last when Halla snapping her finger , seeing that he was not even blinking his eyes .

"Excuse me"

JungKook realized that he had been drown into her eyes and beauty . Shyly ,he was looking away while scratching the back of his head .

"I'm sorry ", while Halla just smiling .

"Why did you apologize ? You don't even do anything wrong "

"I did ."

"What was it ?"

"Your beauty is a crime for a guy like me . I might fell for you ." , Halla who seems to fall for that pick up line , spit out the air from and laughing .

"You are good . Where did you learn that ? Movies ? Drama ?"

"My hyung taught me that . He said to say like that when seeing a pretty girl "

"Oh , but you have to know this too . Pick up line is for someone that very desperate and you really don't seems like that person at all . By the way , I'm not easily trapped into those cheesy words because I might end up slapping your face "

"Ah , really . I'm sorry again "

"Stop saying sorry . It made me like I'm a bad person when you keep saying that . Just apologize when you really do something bad to me ."

"Okay , I get it " , both of them chuckles once again . She was tapping her shoes while at that moment JungKook received a call .

He answered the call and few moments later , the call end .

"Are you waiting for your mother ?" , she nods .

"When will she pick you up ?"

"She just send me a text that she'll arrived a little bit late since she was stuck in traffic jam . Maybe around an hour ? Why are you asking ?" , while looking at him bluntly .

"Because my manager is about to arrive soon and my mom taught me that not to leave girl alone " , his smooth word strike again and she just so done with him .

"It's okay . It's not that I'm alone here . If someone want to kidnap me , they might end up getting beat up first . I'm black belt girl . So , don't worry . I know how to take care of myself ."

"Woah , really ? You don't seems like one " , his eyes enlarge after hearing that .

"Should I prove it to you ? You might end up wear another casting tomorrow " , awkwardly , he is laughing .

Suddenly , a black car appear right in front of them . The window was lowered and the guy in the car seems familiar to JungKook . He stand up by the aid of the crutch . He was trembling at first because he was trying to stabilize himself . Halla who realized that moment , quickly stand up from her place and help him to hold to his back pack .

"It's okay , I won't secretly taking a peek inside your bag " , he smile and the guy who was seating at driver seat earlier was walking out of the car and open the door at passenger seat for him . Then , the guy get back to his seat back .

"Here , your bag " , she lend his bag when he already sit comfortably . Then , she close the door for him .

"Take care " , at that time he secretly looking at her nametag since they don't even know each other name . Just to keep her name in his mind .

"You too " , both of them exchange smile and after that the car slowly left the place . A short meeting but it was meaningful to both of them .

A girl to remember , Lee Halla . That's what he kept her name in his phone .

Since JungKook had been given MC for a week , he wasn't able to meet her . His manager decided to take him right away after school , so , it's impossible to take subway and meet her again .

-----------------------------------THE END----------------------------

 

THANK YOU FOR READING !