Final

Childhood Friends -> Best Friends -> Lovers

Hara groaned for the nth time today, looking at her best friend, Min Yoongi.

“What now?” Hara said with a frown, an unamused look coloring her face after the guy poked her side as she leaned her chin on her palm.

“Please don’t be mad at me” Yoongi jutted his lower lip out and made puppy eyes.

“Ew Yoongi you’re being ugly please stop” Hara chuckled and pushed Yoongi’s face away with her palm, cringing at her sight.

“That’s more like my Min Hara!” Yoongi chuckled and slung his arms around her neck.

It was a normal day for the pair of best friends. Every now and then, they will spend their afternoons together, enjoying each other’s company, talking about useless things to make time past. But today, Hara felt like there was something good going to happen because of the birds chirping cheerfully, flowers swaying here and there, and most importantly, just because Yoongi was there to give her company.

“So, Hara.” Yoongi started off, clasping his hands together, looking at his best friend.

“Hm?” Hara hummed in response, grinning while supporting her body on her hands behind her back, looking towards the small children playing in the playground.

“I need your help on something” Yoongi spoke in a serious tone which caused you to shift your gaze to your best friend, tilting your head in the process.

“I have this girl I like, but I don’t know how to confess to her” He started off, earning a nod from you.

“I mean, based on your, I mean um, how do you think is the best way to confess to a girl?” Yoongi said shyly, keeping his gaze glued to the ground.

“Well, Yoongi” Hara started off with a chuckle

“A girl likes her guy to confess to her anyway she likes, she might love flowers, she might like it if the guy confessed to her straightforwardly, or maybe she’d like it if you-“

“No.” Yoongi cut you off, earning a confused face from you.

“I mean, no, if someone confessed to you, like you, Min Hara, what do you want the guy to confess like? I mean your preference, not that it means that I like you but yeah you know, the girl has a close personality like you and she likes the same things you do and I’d guess that she’ll want me to confess how you’d like someone to confess with you” Yoongi said shyly, shifting his gaze between you and the grass that now he found more fascinating by the second.

“Well, if it’s with me, um, I’d probably find a guy attractive if he talked to me straightforwardly, or if he’s too shy, he’d um, give me a call and confess than ask me for a cute dinner somewhere in the beach? or probably just at home!! Where we can cuddle and stuff and cling to each other” Hara sighed dreamily, feeling her cheeks heat up while imagining her and Yoongi I mean imaginary boyfriend doing all the stuff she wants and likes.

“Ah, alright than, thanks for the tip, you weirdo” Yoongi shot her a gummy smile and ruffled her hair.

“So, who is it huh?” Hara nudged Yoongi with a sly grin.

“Secret~” Yoongi replied her, nudging his best friend back.

“Fine, but tell me if she accepted or rejected!” Hara exclaimed while pinched Yoongi’s cheek

“But hey, what if she rejects me?” Yoongi said sadly, looking at Hara.

“Yah, who would reject a guy like you! If she does reject you, than tell me and I’ll beat her up because she just rejected my ugly best friend!” Hara said while punching imaginary people in the air.

“Only if she knew I wanted to confess to her” Yoongi thought.

“You’re cute” Yoongi chuckled lowly, pinching Hara’s cheeks.

“I know!” Hara spoke with confidence, sticking his tongue out at Yoongi

“Wait for a moment...” Yoongi said, standing up to dust his shirt before going over to the playground and helping a small child to settle on the swing, pushing the child slowly while grinning. All Hara can do is stare at her best friend, finding him really attractive when he plays with kids.

Hara is in love with Yoongi. She knew it. But there was no chance, her best friend is in love with someone else and all she could do is stare at him from afar and support Yoongi.

Yoongi than straightened his back before pulling his phone out and pressed a few buttons before putting his phone up towards his ear.

“Oh, he’d probably confess to that girl he talked about earlier” Hara thought

“BEEP BEEP BEEP” Hara’s phone vibrated in her pocket. She took her phone out and looked at the caller ID, being confused, shifting her gaze between both her phone and Yoongi before answering the call.

“Don’t say anything first, let me tell you something. It’s been a while since we got close together, and I wanted to tell you that, I like you, more than a best friend, and it would be my greatest honor for you if you’d like to hang out while cuddling on the couch, watching your favorite movie, pecking each other, having each other’s company, and most importantly, sitting there beside you, knowing that you are mine, and I am yours. So, will you be my girlfriend and let me call you sweet names?” Yoongi said throught

A few seconds of silence on the line came afterwards.

“Ey, Yoongi, who would reject that kind of confess!! It’s sweet enough, don’t worry! You’re going to nail the confession! Now go call the girl and confess to her just like what you did to me” Hara said from the other line, secretly feeling butterflies flying all over her stomach because of Yoongi

 “The girl I’m going to confess to is you, you dumbo” Yoongi spoke through the other line

“Oh, me?” Hara spoke in disbelief, looking at Yoongi who was looking back at you, a sly smile appearing on his face.

“Yes you, stupid. Will you be my girlfriend?” Yoongi said from the other line, not knowing that he was now already standing in front of you.

You nodded and looked up, staring at the man in front you, who was once your childhood friend, to your best friend and now…… to your boyfriend and lover. Yoongi crouched down to comb your hair behind your ear before rubbing your right cheek with his thumb and cupping them. He leaned closer and slowly put his phone away from his ear before Yoongi tilted their head to the side, taking in his now girlfriend’s vanilla scent before placing his lips on her soft plump lips as they shared their first kiss together.

The kiss they shared was a blissful moment for Hara. It felt like time stopped and all that mattered is just the both of them. Hara was the first one to break the kiss, looking down towards the ground and her face flushed with all the things that just happened. Yoongi placed his index finger on the bottom of her chin before making her face him. Yoongi gave Hara a gummy smile before smirking.

“Hey, girlfriend”