a fragment of perfection

a fragment of perfection

 

jungguk’s eyes were closed, but he could feel jimin’s breaths on his skin like ghostlike footprints wandering along the length of his neck, his arms tingling with the thrumming of his heartbeat.

the midnight blue sky stretched endless and distant above them, only their dreams and visions ever reaching as far as the stars, gravity too strong for their bodies to follow. 

jungguk could feel his mind, a weight heavy with words and sentences never spoken, piling up in messy hoards, reminding him of chances lost and daydreams forgotten. 

summer had cast her spell over them, bringing never-ending days and ground burning with abounding heat, the liberated nights breath reeking with the taste of lingering sunbeams.

the summer days made jimin’s skin turn darker, glowing with health and life, laughter stuck to the corners of his eyes, orange hair glinting like fire. 

summer days were happiness and pearly white teeth appearing in infinite grins, eyes turning lighter with reflecting sunlight and cold drinks cooling the weariless burn in their chests. 

but the summer nights, the summer nights were the ones jungguk longed for. with skin still warm from staying in the sun too long, with gentle winds rustling the leaves and the grass and the orange strands adorning jimin’s head, tickling jungguk’s chin. 

summer nights, too delicate to waste on sleep. sweet air swirling in their lungs with easiness, exhaled in sighs and softness. fingertips mapping out bodies, touches like honey, saccharine and sticking to their skin, aftertaste sugar-coated and warm. hours of words exchanged, letters hastily combound together into far-away dreams and imaginations of colour. 

summer nights, too short and too few, never filling, never enough. supple lips pressed against another, forever hungry, drinking love and lust in continous waves, always unsatisfied. sweaty skin sticking to the seats in the back of jungguk’s car, windows rolled down, letting the breeze catch quiet gasps and breathless laughter and resolving them into translucent air. 

“junggukkie.” jimin’s voice was barely a breath, longing and velvety, tender and caressing. jungguk felt it against his neck, lips moving lazily and leaving a shiver traveling up his spine, tickling his mind, making his fingertips prickle and twitch, reaching out and tracing jimin’s bare arm from his elbow to wrist. 

“what are you thinking of?” he continued, his voice hiding amused under-tones and curiosity. jungguk tore his eyes away from the star-speckled firmament above to settle on the boy resting on his chest, thinking of soft hair, citrus and wildflowers, of glowing skin and soap and of velvet and honey and laughter and love. his fingers circled jimin’s wrist, lifting it up to graze his lips against an open palm, letting them stay pressed against nimble fingers when he mumbled his reply.

“perfection.”

 

--