Chapter 2

Détacher

“…Ah I see. Good luck Mingyu!” I raised my thumbs up at him, a small grin visible on my face. Grinning back at me, he mouthed a ‘you too'.

Well, that’s cute, I thought. I checked my watch and realization hit me on the head.

 

Oh God I have to go to my class too!

 

I packed all my stuffs and quickly dashed off to my class.

 

xxx

“How was the test bun?" Vanna asked while I was buckling my seatbelt. As she promised, she picked me up today.

“It  went well, I guess” I shrugged nonchalantly while my hand made its way to turn on the radio, searching the right song to describe my feelings.

 

“Were there many guys? Are they hot?"

 

I definitely saw that coming, since, well, it's Vanna. That's what makes her, her.

“Well, I met someone. And yes, he's hot.” I grinned remembering Mingyu’s face.

“R-really? Oh my God bun, tell me whats his name!! What does he looks like!! Is he tall?!”A loud gasp escaped her lips and her eyes widened in excitement, I assume. She shook my hand, forgetting that she was driving. I was alarmed and so, I gave her a good pinch on the arm making her realize that we almost crashed a tree. and now you know, that Vanna is a maniac for boys. It's really complex, as you can see.

 

“Just keep your eyes on the street. Don't get so worked up, geez! You almost got us killed!” I glared at her while nagging and she was rolling her eyes at me. "You know me, Bun. Boys means pleasure," she scoffs before winking at me. Oh goodness.. I thought as I face palmed at the girl's attitude.

 

xxx

Sunday morning.

Sunday is one of my favorite day in a week beside Saturday. Let’s just say, I love weekends. I can go to the church, go shopping, to make it simple, I can do whatever I like. I planned to spend today with my mom, baking apple pies to celebrate my success in passing yesterday’s test. She told me to go to the super market to grab all the ingredients because all the ones we had had already been used at Aunt May’s house. So I grabbed my bike and pedaled it off to the super market.

As soon as I arrived there, I hopped off and parked my bike in front of the market. Inhaling, I raised my eyebrows while scanning the area, my neck to the side before letting out a sharp exhale. A'ight, let's do this!

 

This place is really big. You can’t find what you need in a second. Hm.. what should I find first.. apples?

I looked around me and found the fruit section from the corner of my eyes. Grinning inwardly, I quickened my pace towards it and start looking for the apples.

 

Apples, apples.. gotcha!

 

My mom told me to buy fine apples, you must rub them and they must look shiny. And I finally got 8 apples, all as shiny as the apple given to Snow White. Nice!  I thought.

 

What else do I need? Apples, check; flour we still have it; eggs, definitely; uhh, whipped cream?

 

Okay, so I almost got everything I need, except for whipped cream.

I walked around in a quick pace and finally found the cake section, where I actually ran, checking all the stuffs there.

 

Whipped cream, whipped cream, where in the world is it- Oh!

 

There was only one left and it was mine! As I grabbed the can of whipped cream, I came to realize that I wasn't the only one holding it, apparently. There was this girl like, 4 years younger than me probably, short haired but almost my height too. I let out a loud cough.

“Excuse me, can you please let go of my whipped cream?” I glanced and asked her with a flat face, emphasizing on the word 'my'.

 

“Yours?" She plastered a mocking smile and continued, "No you ugly ahjumma, this is mine!" She yanked on it but lucky for me, she didn't have that much of a strength.

 

“Ahaha~ You should probably do more exercises, missy" I gave her a mocking laugh. In a second, my flat face came back, "Now let it go."

 

“No, you first!”

 

This thick headed kid just won't give up easily-

 

“What, me? No you first- !!”

 

She actually let go of the can first, in a sudden, and purposely I assume, which made me fell onto the ground. I gasped in shock and glared at her as the can rolled away.

 

“Oppa! Oppa!!" She screamed loudly, sounding like a dying whale.

 

Great. Now what? Asking help from your so called oppa? Tch-

 

She should've known something about me by now: I won't lose.

 

“For Pete's sake, Minseo. What is it? Your voice was so loud, I ran here all the way. I was searching for cinnamon”I heard a voice say.

 

“Oppa, this girl is stealing our whip cream away!”Her eyebrows were knitted together, and she was pointing at me.

 

Rude.

 

Poking the flesh of my inner cheek, I busied myself dusting off my clothes and searching for the whipped cream. Thank God it was near me.

As I was walking away to pick it up, the same familiar voice called my name.

 

“Bun?”

 

“Park guy?!”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you? It’s Kim Mingyu.”

 

“Oppa, you know this girl? You must be joking.”

 

Wait. Is this girl Mingyu’s girlfriend? Oh God help me.

 

“Let me help you” he gently grabbed my arm and helped me up.

 

“I’m sorry about my sister. Her ego is high.”Mingyu scratched his nape with an apologetic smile.

 

Oh.. so she's his sister.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. Well, I guess I'm kinda glad I don’t have any siblings.” I narrowed my eyes at his little sister.

 

“Oh really? So that’s why you’re greedy.” His little sister, Minseo, rolled her eyes.

 

“Minseo, stop it!”Mingyu hissed at her, making her look down with her lips jutted out.

 

"Why are you siding with her? Is this some kind of K-drama or what?" She mumbled, half hissing at us. I stared at her with an eyebrow raised while Mingyu, he just ignored her remark.

 

“We were going to make pancakes and milkshakes and we needed whip cream. Minseo really loves whip cream. That’s why she was being rude at you. I’m sorry about it.”Mingyu said as he cleared his throat.

 

I looked over Minseo, and the whip cream in my hand. Well, if I were Minseo I would do that too for the things I want the most. I smiled and gave her the can.

 

“Take it.” I smiled at her, but she didn’t gave a respond except for a slow, little nod.

 

“Wait bun, don't you need it?”Mingyu asked.

 

“You can’t separate a half from it’s half. And Minseo’s half is whip cream.” I chuckled.

 

“Well I gotta go now. See you,  Mingyu.” I my lips and waved at him before walking away quickly to pay my stuffs, leaving them behind me.

 

“Wait!"

 

I turned around and found Mingyu chasing me.

 

“Can I get your number?”

 

I smiled at him as I typed my number on his phone. Behind him, I could see Minseo staring at us.

 

 

 

 

//

author's note: hi guys! I finally have time to update my fanfic hehe

Fyi, Mingyu has a little sister named Kim Minseo 00L.I think it would be cute if I add her in~

Guess what will happen next c:

see ya <3