The first present ^^

The Precious Birthday Presents

“Kring!!!” the loud sound from the alarm clock wakes Woohyun up. He rubs his eyes gently before reaching for his alarm clock and shut it up. He gets down from his bed and takes his towel to his bathroom. After he get bath, he reaches for his cloths and wears it in no time. When he’s done, he walks to his study table and take a look at his cute calendar. “Tomorrow is Gyu hyung’s birthday!! Oh no!! I haven’t get him any present,” Woohyun exclaimes.

“Woohyun-ah! Let’s join us down here. Breakfast is ready, honey,” Mrs. Nam shouts from 1st floor of the house. “Okay, mom. I’m coming!” Woohyun replies. “I will ask dad and mom about this,” Woohyun whispers to himself before he rushes to the dining hall. He takes a sit in front of his mom. “Mom, Dad. Can I ask both of you something?” Woohyun asks while blinking his eyes to his parents. “Sure, honey. What is it?” Mrs. Nam replies as she puts a slice of bread with strawberry jam on her husband and son’s plate. “What is the most meaningful present?” the little one ask. “For me, the most meaningful present is something that is make with sincerity and lots of loves,” Mr. Nam states. “I agree with your father, honey,” Mrs. Nam nods. “Hmmm… example?” Woohyun asks again. “For example, your mom always bakes my favourite cake on my birthday. I’m sure she made it with a lots of love,” Mr. Nam says as he smiles at his wife. “Of course, yeobo,” Mrs. Nam smiles back. 

“May I know why you asked, Hyunnie?” Mrs. Nam asks her son. “Its Sunggyu hyung’s birthday tomorrow. So, I wonder what should I give him,” Woohyun explains. Mr and Mrs. Nam looks at each other and smiles. “Do you know what is his favourite cake?” Mrs. Nam asks again. “Yes. He like cheesecake,” Woohyun replies before he takes a bite on his bread. “Cheesecake? Do you want me to teach you how to make a simple but delicious cheesecake?” Mrs. Nam offers. Woohyun smiles brightly. “Of course, mom. When shall we start?” Woohyun asks excitedly. “Today. All the ingredients is done. We just need to make it into a cake,” Mrs. Nam smiles. “Yahoo!! Cake for Gyu hyung!” Woohyun shouts happily before finishing his bread. He even asks for another bread. Mr and Mrs. Nam only smiles at each other seeing their happy son.

In the evening…

“Let’s make cheesecake!!” Woohyun exclaims. “Easy, honey,” Mrs. Nam says as she chuckles. Woohyun just grins at his mother. “Okay, let’s start,” Mrs. Nam says. “First, put 250 g of cream cheese and some sweetened condensed milk. Then mix it well,” Mrs. Nam orders. Woohyun obediently do what have been told by the help of his mom. “That’s good, my son,” Mrs. Nam praises. “Of course. Like mother like son!” Woohyun says as he giggles at his own words. “Oh yeah, sure,” Mrs. Nam replies as she ruffles Woohyun’s hair. 

“Ring! Ring!” Suddenly, the phone rings. “Woohyun-ah, go and take the call,” Mrs. Nam orders. “Okay, mom!” Woohyun excitedly follows and head to the living room before he reaches for the phone. “Hello. It’s Nam family’s house here. Is there anything I can help you?” Woohyun says cheerfully. “Hyunnie! It’s hyung here,” Sunggyu replies.  “Hyung!!! Is there I can help you?” Woohyun is definitely happy to hear his friend’s voice. “Want to go out and play with me this evening?” Sunggyu asks. “This evening? Hmmm…” Woohyun thinks for a while before answering. “I have something to do this evening. I’m sorry that I can’t play with you this evening…” Woohyun can hear Sunggyu sighs on the other side. “Really? May I know what is it?” Sunggyu asks. “Hmmm… It’s something private, hyung. I’m sorry…” Woohyun replies. There’s no way he will tell Sunggyu that he’s preparing something special for his beloved friend. “Oh yeah? It’s okay, then. Maybe next time,” Sunggyu says as he tries to control his voice like normal. He actually quite disappointed since Woohyun always go out with him in the evening. Even if one of them can’t go, they will tell each other why. “Okay, hyung. I’m sorry again,” Woohyun says for the last time. “Okay. Goodbye,” Sunggyu ends the conversation. “Goodbye, hyung,” Woohyun says before he ends the call and get back to his mother.

“Mom, let’s continue,” Woohyun says. “Who’s that just now?” Mrs. Nam asks. “It’s Sunggyu hyung. He wants to ask me to go out this evening,” Woohyun explains. “And I heard that you can’t go? May I know why?” Mrs. Nam asks again. “I’m going to prepare one more present for Sunggyu hyung,” Woohyun states. “Ohh, okay then. Let’s continue,” Mrs. Nam says as she hands Woohyun a transparent mug. “What is this for, mom?” Woohyuna asks in confusing. “Youre going to layer this cheese with this crunch cheese cracker,” Mrs. Nam says with a smile. “Ehh?? How is that, mom?” Woohyun asks again, still in a confuse state. Mrs. Nam chuckles before she says, “Let me show you first. Then, You do it on your own, okay?” Mrs. Nam says. “Sure, mom,” Woohyun agrees immediately. While Mrs. Nam done the first layer of the cheese into the mug, Woohyun gives his full attention to it. After the first layer of the cheese, Mrs. Nam make a thin layer of crunch cheese cracker on it. “Done! Just like that. Make it repeatedly until it is almost fill the mug and the last layer must be cheese,” Mrs. Nam tells Woohyun one by one. “Okay, I’ll try,” Woohyun replies before he starts doing what have been told. After a few minutes, Woohyun done with the layer. “Mom, I’m done!” Woohyun says cheerfully. “Well done, my son,” Mrs. Nam says as she carresses her son hair. “Okay. Now put this half cutted strawberry on  top of it together with some mint leaves,” she  continues. Woohyun follows what have been told. The cake turn out to be more beautiful. “Cover the mug with the wrapping plastic and put it in the refrigerator,” Mrs. Nam gives out the next order. As usual, Woohyun follows without any doubt. “Yeay! I can prepare the next present now!” Woohyun cheers. “Go wash yourself first. You can prepare the present after that. I’ll clean this up,” Mrs. Nam says. “Thank you, mom!” Woohyun says as he kisses his mom’s cheek before he runs to his room and wash.

*I'll continue tomorrow ^^ Feel free to comment