One Step Two Step

Q&A

 

 

Day 1

  The doorbell rang. After 3 months of peace, the doorbell rang. It wasn't that long noise that violates the ears, it was a shy one, looking like it didn't want to be there. Bo Tang froze. It wasn't her mother, she is always with her keys. And no one knows her existence in the new city. So, is it one of her old classmates? Her father? Or worse, a "classmate" of her new school who knew who she was by the internet? There was no time to be lost in her thoughts, another doorbell rang after a couple of minutes, not that shy. Bo Tang jumped up from the kitchen chair and opened the door, just a litte, hiding most of her face.

- Hello. Excuse me for bothering you but i'm looking up for Kim Bo Tang ... she doesn't go to school for months and the teachers are starting to get worried about it. I brought her homework too.

A relief. It was just homework.

- I... she ! She is sick. Thank you for bringing her duty and tell the teachers to not be so concerned about it...

-Sick? Can I talk to her?

-Unfortunately, she is sleeping right now. Put the homework in front of the door that i will pick up later. I'm busy now. Thank you - Bo tang quickly answered and shut the door, preventing an another interruption.

  She looked up at the peephole to check if the boy was already gone. He was still there, with a dummy face looking at the door. Even goofy, he was very cute,brown hair with earrings. Oh, the earrings. It seems that all the boys is using these days. Was it to give an extra charm? The other guy also wore earring. That guy. Bo Tang's heart still aches when she remember him. The tears began to fall slowly on her cheek. She remembered everything related to it; the photos, the bully, her father. She took the medicine that was lurked at the bottom of her drawer and picked up two 2 pills of it. This was a tranquilizer that she stole of her father before the moving. She needed to calm down. She fall asleep by the effects of the medice

It was already night when she woke up. 8h p.m. to be exact. She got up slowly and went to the kitchen, wondering what she was going to do for dinner. She was not in a hurry at all, her mother only arried at 11h p.m. and the house was clean, like barely untouchable. This is the real trick: don't litter the house so you don't need to straighten it. She remembered the homework when she finished to cook the bibimbap. At this time, in this neighborhood, someone already took it. You know, a couple of papers up for grabs... it could be important, right? Wrong. When Bo Tang checked it, the homework was intact. Looks like that even thiefs doesn't steal homeworks without notice. They might have some chip that says "It's a homework, go away!". This homework could be a really good protective to this house.

10h30 p.m. It's better to pick up the homework before she saw it. She would probably make another "special week" trying to convice her to go to school, saying that her new classmates wants to know her. Bo Tang hide the homework under her blanket bed. Coming downstairs, her mother was already eating.

- Sorry sweetpie, i thought you were sleeping! Tonight i came really hungry, ends up that the park... You know, the park aside the restaurant was hiring people to spread some flyers right in the lunch break. Looks like we're going to buy a Tv sooner than we thought. The park pays well for such a simple thing!

- Mom, you have too much work already... you need to rest. Let me... - Bo Tang bowed her head without finishing the sentence. She wanted to help her mother really bad, but, go outside? To be attack again? Never more.

- Hey, I have to work. And don't be sad, I only picks the jobs that I can handle! OMG, this bibimbap is delicious ! You need to open a restaurant in the future, Tang, you're a better cook than Mrs. Jung!

The rest of the conversations flowed normal. Her mother speaked a lot with hyper energy. Even with Bo Tang's shorts and empty replies, she didn't change the mood. No school, no news about her father. After dinner, she said goodnight to her mother and locked up herself in her bedroom.It wasn't the fact that she was going to sleep, actually, was normal to Bo Tang stay up all night long doing nothing. Only lyied down and empty.

When she faced the homework, she notice that was a big warning in the first page; "DON'T IGNORE ME PABO". Well, nothing important.

 

Day 2

  5h a.m. She could hear the front door closing delicately. Bo Tang's house was very small and quiet, so she has no "secrets" in her home. That was what she liked best about this place; she knew everything that happened and where it happened, it was her territory. At this time, it was certainly her mother going into the restaurant where she was a waitress. Her mother was the first to arrive and the last to leave, always. According to her, it gave an extra money but Bo Tang knew that Mr. Jung only hired her because of it. After all, her mother had no experience at working or had a diploma in her pocket. Her only profession before the incident was being a housewife. Of course that Bo Tang felt digust for letting her mother in such situation. But disgust only made her more tired........ Maybe a nap?

*BEEEENG* It was the doorbell again. But not shy like yesterday, this one looked like a vuvuzela, so annoying! She looked up to the digital clock next to her: 2 p.m. This time the girl wasn't afraid, she was pissed off and wanted to just shoo the person who dared to wake her up that way.

- What is?! Who is it??

- I thought that we made a deal to call me oppa next time, Bo Tang-sshi - Oppa?! Bo Tang jumped back with the comment. How did he know your name? After endless bouts of 1 second, she noticed the "sshi". Bo Tang-sshi. The person didn't know her. After all, the old school gave you so many nicknames... just a stranger to call her like this. - Are you okay, Tangerina?

-Tang...Tanger..Tangerina? Wait a minute. How do you know my name? Who are you? What do you want? And this was supposed to be a nickname or something?

- The lady from yesterday is very similiar to you, Tangerina. And it seems that you got better - he said jokingly. Bo Tang, you're really stupid, he is the same boy from the homework. And you don't even knew how to hold the lie!! Plan B: Ignore him until he feels embarrassed by the silence and go

- ... Well, Tangerina, did the survey? I mean, not the homework, the q&...

- Look, when they give you the homework, you can play, burn, cut, do whatever you want with it. I won't do it, then you don't need to sacrifice your time to come here to my door. If It was all you wanted from me, can you excuse me, i have some house chores to do - fast and without stammering, feeling an sudden courage, she managed to close the door withou shaking. Good job Bo Tang, one less misfortune in your life

But he stayed right there and Bo tang could hear him

- Bo Tang-sshi, sorry about the nickname, I thought that you would feel more comfortable with me using this, like, demonstrating my interest on you. The teacher told me that you played piano in your old school, and in our school we have a music club. And it is missing a pianist... it would be very nice if you joined the club and be friends with me too. Look, I put a Q&A there but... Hey, my name is Im Changkyun. I'm your classmate. I'm also part of the music club,even people out there thinks that i'm more like a mascot of the club. I'm 17 and.... hm, i would like you to do your homework. I promise it's not boring, you'll see and understand the Q&A thing. Anyway, I will stop right here today. See you tomorrow, Bo Tang-sshi... it was nice to meet you..? - After releasing a awkward laugh, the boy gave two knocks on the door and left the duty in the same place as yesterday.

What the heck was that? The thoughts didn't stop rolling in Bo Tang's head. What the teacher had commented about her old school? Interest on her? Q&A? The anxiety invaded her body in several ways; sweat on the palms, distress in the chest, gritting teeth, vibrant eyes of adrenaline. She staggered like she had drunk a Han River of alcohol until the hiding medicine place. In shock, she only took one pill and drank it. Hadn't even notice the amount of it, she just drank it direct down the gullet. 1 hour later and she was in the same position; sitting in front of the door hugging her legs. Finally, she was starting to get a little calmer.

She walked slowly headed toward the bedroom, to take this story of questions and answers clear. She find out the yesterday's homework and noticed again the post-it in capital letters " DON'T IGNORE ME PABO". There was the duties from the beginning of this school year, so it has almost 100 pages. To be exact, 101 pages. Looks like the last one was special. "Please, ignore the pink color of the last page, Kang Jia vowed me that she only had pink paper. Bo Tang-sshi, fighting!" was written in the beginning of it. She took a look at the homework, nothing really difficult at all. Just alike last year. Casually flipped through until reach the famous pink page.

"Q&A Changkyun to Bo Tang:

Start right here --> Hi, i'm Im Changkyun, i'm 17 and i'm a member of the music club of our school. The following will have several questions with my answers of it already, i'm waiting your answers to make we know each other better. I have no idea why you're not going to school, but Bo Tang-sshi, come back ... ok?"

The questions ranged from "How old are you?" to "Luffy or Ace?", this one i needed to search on internet to find out that was about two characters of a manga called One Piece. There were 100 funny questions and his answers doesn't look so bad in Bo Tang's eyes. Acceptable. Bo Tang hadn't notice, but while reading the questions, she was doing it. In the end of the paper was a shaky note in the corner of black pen, different from the pen color of the questions...

"Bo Tant,Bo Tam, , Tangerina,

I knew that the person on the door was you. I hope the next time we see each other, you call me as Oppa to offset this hole, huh? You made me sad. Sorry about the letter, without support "

So that was the Oppa story... Amazingly, Bo Tang let out a long laugh after this whole experience. What a weird boy! He remembered Bo Tang of herself a year ago, he seemed to be a simple and pure person. Another laught, this time ,more ironic. Pure? What a joke

On that day, the girl forgot to make dinner for her mother. Not because she slept like she told to her mother, but  she was too busy doing the duties and the second Q&A that Changkyun delivered today. Her mother didn't bother about the dinner, much less believed her, but avoided any comment this time.

 

 

***

A/N: There it is, the first one. Don't be shy and leave comments, it's weird being writting for ghosts. lol

obs: WHERES MONSTA X 1ST WIN, DEAR LORD? MY BABIES DESERVES IT :(