( ` FIN . )

( ` ELUSIVE。)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

well it's me, going so weak in the knees.

thinking of falling asleep looking in your eyes.

but right now, i'm finding it hard to make out,

which word i somehow left out, because of that smile.

but baby don't be so elusive, i'm trying so hard to refute this.

and every night i dream this dream of you.

 

i. doyoung is boyish.

he finds doyoung outside in the rain when class ends. he's open to the wild reign of nature, pellets of water attacking him from the heavens. with his arms spread open, he accepts it all. rain is his favorite weather, jaehyun notes. his eyes are closed and a smile is full-on as he spins along the cement of their campus. the younger stands back to watch him before actually going over with an umbrella, releasing it over doyoung's drenched head of hair.

water rolls down the side of his cheeks and over cherry lips when doyoung looks up at him. there are hands on his when the older rips the tool from him and tosses it to the grass. before he knows it, they are both spinning under the shower of rain, doyoung's uncontained laughter bouncing around them. they stop when the smaller of the two takes off his shoes -- and jaehyun silently thanks the world for the lack of students wandering around their wing -- and he dashes off.

jaehyun kneels to pick up the pair of shoes as he chases after the boy. doyoung runs for what seems like a few minutes before he runs out of steam, chest rising and falling heavily as he grins. 

"what kind of best friend are you." he coughs, "you . you couldn't even keep up with me."

doyoung is always running from something; from people, from things, from committments. from him. jaehyun just stuffs doyoung's feet back in his sneakers. they make loud squelching sounds as they walk and doyoung compares them to farts to which the younger swats him on the behind.

 

 

ii. doyoung is sweet.

they are in bed snuggled up when the rain starts up again for the fifth time that week. it pounds on the windows behind them and doyoung moves closer into the other's strong arms, hands running up and down veiny forearms. jaehyun was an art major but he was by no means stringy. he was big and tall and solid, just like doyoung liked him. breathing in the scent of day old cologne and the mix of the homeowner's freshly cleaned sheets, the smaller let out a sleepy groan having woken up from a quick nap.

the light of jaehyun's laptop was the only thing illuminating the flat during that time of night. the man only spares doyoung a glance when he feels the boy turn in his arms as he's scrolling down his feed, persistent hands on his torso. "hey."

"hey," the smaller croons sweetly. "what are you looking at?"

"inspiration for my final," he responds simply. "i want to convey a different emotion this time. prof is getting bored of all the cutesy i turn in."

gears turn in doyoung's head and he rests his chin between the crook of jaehyun's neck. "why don't you let me model for you?"

"because."

"because?" he sits up, looking at jaehyun expectantly. "because what?"

he couldn't possibly say what he really meant. how would he explain that seeing doyoung would drive him mad? or that he didn't trust himself or his heart with the sight of the smaller twisted in different positions for lengthy minutes at a time? how could he possibly tell doyoung that he was art in the purest form, and that drawing him would absolutely not do him any justice? that's right. he couldn't.

thankfully, the smaller drops the subject and is already in the kitchen turning the water boiler on. he's all legs, bare and milky. jaehyun can spot them even in the darkness as the boy moves around the boundaryless room. a loud click sounds and water is poured into mugs filled with hot cocoa powder, instantly making it's way to him. doyoung sets his own cup down on the nightstand and works a spoon in circles inside of jaehyun's, alternating between blowing and tasting to check the temperature. jaehyun stares until he can't, until he has to reach up and thumb away some of the liquid away from the corner of the boy's lips. 

doyoung kisses the pad of his thumb, just barely, before surrendering the beverage to the younger with a smile. after taking a sip it's obvious that the boy with the feline eyes is much sweeter than anything that exists in this world.

 

 

iii. doyoung is cruel.

the smaller follows a program called "ballet beautiful" on his laptop which is connected to his tv. classical music is playing in the background on a sunday and the windows are all cracked open to let in the cool breeze coming from the spring weather. he's on his electric blue yoga mat with his toes pointed out, making circles with his feet. doyoung is by no means a dancer, but he loves toning his body. he uses the excuse that his job requires him to be to follow the fitness regime religiously, but jaehyun knows he also just likes the thought of keeping himself lean and y.

jaehyun wouldn't have such a problem with it all if doyoung did it with clothes on.

he does one last rep before switching the program to a random video on youtube, letting it play as he picks up a freshly squeezed cup of orange juice. he sashays over in his mildly sweaty body and climbs onto the bed where jaehyun is. his fringe sticks to his forehead, a few blotchy red spots on his skin from straining during the workout earlier. after years and years of being in the presence of doyoung he had learned how to keep his eyes on everything and anything but his perk behind and member hanging between two lithe thighs.

"you're such a nerd," doyoung says when he takes the textbook from jaehyun's hands. "a real ing nerd."

"i gotta be if i want to catch up to you."

he'll never catch up.

doyoung doesn't refute it and instead he swings a leg over jaehyun's thighs, planting himself on top of the younger's lap. he sees the way jaehyun's adam's apple bounces when he gulps down and he smiles, taking a long swig of his orange juice. if jaehyun were a puppet, doyoung would be the puppeteer. he bounces once, twice. the younger breathes out through his nose when doyoung leans in, breath hot on his ear.

" me."

as cruel as doyoung is, jaehyun takes what he's given without questions.

 

 

iv. doyoung is sensitive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter