Chapter 3

I Can Hear Your Voice

Warning:  Mild language

 

Kihyun had the longest week of his entire life.  All week long he did the best he could to avoid Changkyun at all costs.  He woke up as usual for his early classes.  He ate lunch with his new friends if it didn't include Changkyun, and he would decline if he was there.  Instead of going back to his room, he would either stay in Minhyuk and Wonho's room or study at the library until it was time for bed.  And tonight was the night they were to go to the club to support Jooheon in his rapping competition.  Kihyun was excited to escape campus, but the fact that Changkyun was going to be there was a constant weight on his shoulders.  

Kihyun was done with his classes for the day and was rummaging through his closet trying to pick an outfit appropriate for clubbing.  In all honesty Kihyun had never been to a club before; nor had he ever drank alcohol.  Today would be a day of firsts for him.  Kihyun laid out a couple options on his bed and sighed.  He really didn't know anything about clubbing.  So Kihyun went across the hall to ask Wonho because he seemed the type to know these things.  And indeed he did.  Wonho was already dressed and ready to go.  He had on tight black leather jeans with an abundance of rips on his bulging thighs.  His top was a translucent white fitting tank that showed off his muscular biceps.  Wonho's blonde hair was parted in the middle, and his makeup was on point.  Kihyun wanted to dig a hole and hide.  

"Are these really your only options?" Wonho looked at Kihyun in disbelief.  "These are all clothes you would wear to church!" Wonho checked Kihyun out up and down and decided, "You're a bit smaller than me, but I'm sure you'd be able to fit in my clothes.  Wait a sec."  Wonho went back to his room before coming back with more options.

Wonho had Kihyun try on a pair of black skinny jeans with a white stripe on the calves.  The top was a baggy white silky shirt with bold english words.  Wonho then handed him a black leather jacket to finish off the outfit.  He also helped Kihyun style his dark caramel locks so half his forehead would appear.  He then had him put on some bb cream and eyeliner.  

Wonho stepped away from his creation and nodded in satisfaction.  "I did pretty damn good if you ask me!  Go look in the mirror and see what you think!" Before Kihyun could check himself out Minhyuk galloped into his room and with a surprised gasp yelled out, "Oh my god you look like a scary hamster!  Please don't eat me!" Kihyun rolled his eyes and looked at himself in the mirror.  Wow he did look hella good.  For a split second he even wondered if it would impress Changkyun before he shook his head and cleared his mind of his roommate.  It's not like he wanted to impress him anyways.

Kihyun suddenly remembered to ask, "Wonho are you sure you're ok with Shownu and his roommate coming?  You didn't see to get along with him since you two are always bickering."  

"Nah we're just a couple of competitive bros.  It's no problem.  Besides, I think he mentioned that his roommate is a model."  Wonho gave Kihyun a crooked grin when he mentioned the model part.  Kihyun shrugged.  "Ok I was just making sure."

They all agreed to meet Jooheon at the bus station at 6:00, so they still had an hour.  

"Changkyun doesn't get done with classes until 5:30, so let's go down and eat before we meet up with everyone at the station," Kihyun offered.

By the time they sat down and ate it was time to head out.  The bus station was only a 5 minute walk, but it took 10 minutes because Minhyuk had to say hello to his duckie friends.  Wonho had to drag Minhyuk away so they would make it in time.  Jooheon was the only one there so far.  He looked like a legit rapper with his snapback and oversized jacket.  

"Damn you guys are gonna be a huge hit at the club!  You all look great!"  Jooheon exclaimed.

"And you look like you're gonna rock the stage.  You have the rapper look down pat."  Kihyun still couldn't get over the fact that the cute and squishy Jooheon was a rapper.  He could honestly pass as Piglette from Winnie The Pooh, but that wasn't something he would openly admit to the rapper.

A minute later Shownu appeared with his 'model' roommate.  A few audible gasps came out of their group as they saw him walking towards them.  He was tall, skinny, and extremely beautiful.  His lavishing dark brown hair was styled in a similar way to Kihyun's, but Kihyun felt like he didn't stand a chance against his looks.

"This is my roommate, Hyungwon." They all shook hands except Wonho, who seemed to be entranced by Hyungwon's model aura.  Realizing everyone was staring at him, Wonho blushed and reached out for Hyungwon's hand.  He might've held Hyungwon's hand a little too long for a simple handshake, but if Hyungwon had a problem with it he never said anything.  

Hyungwon nodded his head.  "It's nice to meet you all."  It seemed he was a man of few words.

Changkyun was the last to show up because of his class schedule, and it was Kihyun's turn to openly stare.  If Kihyun thought Changkyun couldn't be any more attractive than what he already was, then he was completely wrong.  White skinny jeans with rips going a little too far up his thighs for Kihyun's comfort.  He also sported a black mesh shirt.  Kihyun was shamelessly oogling Changkyun's body.  Seriously why were all his friends so freaking y?  It wasn't good for a man's heart.  A straight man's heart at that!

"We'll have to do introductions later because we're running a bit late,"  Jooheon explained as they boarded the bus.  It turned out his boyfriend's father was the owner of the club, and he was a pretty easy going guy that loved Jooheon as much as his own son, so any friend of Jooheon's was a friend of his.  

"Also, the alcohol is on my boyfriend's father tonight.  You'll meet him later so you can thank him!"  The boys high-fived because what broke college student wouldn't celebrate over free alcohol?

Kihyun ended up sitting with Jooheon on the bus.  Behind him was Changkyun, who just tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.  "Hey have you ever drank before?  With your parents I feel like you probably haven't."  

Kihyun shifted in his seat.  "No, I haven't but I'll be fine," he miffed.

Changkyun settled back into his seat and looked out the window before replying, "Well just be careful, don't underestimate alcohol.  Maybe try a little bit at a time to get a feel for it."  Changkyun knew Kihyun wasn't happy he asked but wanted to make sure he understood he didn't want anything bad to happen to him.

"Well thanks for the concern, but no alcohol will make a fool out of me."  Kihyun knew he was acting a bit childish, but didn't want Changkyun talking down on him.  Especially since he was older.

It was a quick bus ride, and before they knew it they were at the entrance of the club.  Jooheon seemed to know the bouncer because they all slipped in easily.  It was dark with colorful lights flashing here and there.  There weren't too many people at the club yet because it was still a bit early.  Jooheon wanted to get there early to finished preparing his rap and for the guys to meet his boyfriend.  

"Hey head, why did you get here so late?"  A boy their age came from behind the bar and captured Jooheon's lips in his.  When they broke apart Jooheon scoffed, "I haven't seen you in a week and that's how you talk to me?  You're such a !" 

Yep, today was definitely a day of firsts for Kihyun.  Jooheon cleared his throat, "Oh guys this is my boyfriend Gunhee.  He's also a rapper and will be performig with me tonight."  Gunhee said hello and waved at their group.  "Thanks for coming!  I'm sure Jooheon already told you, but this is my father's place so feel free to come and go as you please.  The bar is over to your right and the bathrooms are in the back hallway.  The rap performances start at 8:00 so just chill until then.  Afterwards regular club music will play if hip hop isn't your thing!  If you have any questions let me know!"

"And for now Gunhee and I have to go backstage to prepare, so you guys just do whatever until then.  See you soon and enjoy the show!"  Gunhee took Jooheon's hand in his as they made their way to the stage.

"They seem like a cute couple,"  Minhyuk giggled.

"Welp I don't know about all of you, but after this week of classes I'm sure in need of some alcohol."  Wonho his heel and was already on his way to the bar.  The rest of the group followed, so Wonho ordered everyone a beer.  They stood around the bar area for awhile discussing their first week.

Kihyun now understood what everyone meant when they said beer has an aquired taste because his tasted like .  Kihyun scrunched up his face every time he took a sip.  Changkyun took notice and chuckled.  "If you don't like it you could always get something else, silly."  Kihyun made a face at him and admitted, "Even if I wanted something else I guess I wouldn't know what to get."  

"Well rum and coke is always a tastier option.  It'll get you drunk faster though.  I'll order it for you."  Changkyun handed over the cup.  Kihyun tried a sip.  There was a slight burn from the alcohol, but overall it tasted way better.  "Thanks I like this a lot more."  Changkyun smiled and Kihyun blushed and looked to see what the others were doing.  Wonho was already on his third beer and was a bit tipsy.  

"So you're a model, huh?  You know you look like a model.  A really handsome model."  Wonho obviously had an easier time talking with Hyungwon when he had a couple beers in him.  

Minhyuk was animately talking with Shownu.  It seemed Minhyuk was doing all the talking because Shownu just nodded and smiled the entire time.  "Yea those ducks are my friends! I've even named them.  Let's see... There's Yoosu, Kwangji, Minkhyun, Yoonho, Seokwon, and Afro Duck.  Oh my god you would not believe this duck, but it has this puffy wad of hair on its head like an afro!  He's my favorite it's so awesome!"

*Tap tap tap* "Testing. 1-2-3.  Alright it looks like everything is in working order.  Hello everyone!  My name is K.Will and I'll be your host for tonight!"  The boys turned toward the stage and started walking to get a closer look.  "Yes we have a great line-up tonight, so please enjoy the show!  First up is Mad Clown, and following him will be Giriboy."  K.Will exited the stage and everyone clapped.  The club seemed to be pretty full at this point.  

The first participant stepped up and started his rap.  At this point Kihyun could definitely feel the effects of the alcohol.  His mind seemed a bit muffled and confused, but for some reason it was a really enjoyable experience.  He found himself smiling at the smallest things.  Like the fact that Changkyun's shoulders were brushing his as they stood and watched the performances.  In fact, it seemed all the boys were pretty tipsy.  Minhyuk was screaming louder than usual, Shownu was swaying next to the screaming Minhyuk, Hyungwon was actually grooving to the rapping, and Wonho was all over Hyungwon.  Changkyun was the one that seemed the most sober.  

K.Will finally announced Jooheon and Gunhee were next, so the boys yelled in excitement.  Seeing Jooheon on stage was completely different than seeing him on a regular basis.  He was in his element, and he stood tall and confident.  When they started rapping, Kihyun was blown away.  They were easily the best performance of the night.  There was so much energy radiating from the rappers.  Kihyun was jumping up and down and yelling with all his strength. He couldn't believe how much power came from his friend's words.

Kihyun and the boys were yelling for more as the couple left the stage.  They were the last performance of the night, so people dispersed and soon club music started playing.  Kihyun decided he wanted another drink.  He felt so great.  It's no wonder people liked to drink.  They could let go of all of their worries, and he just felt free.  Free of his confusing feelings for Changkyun.  

When he got back to the group from the bar, Shownu and Wonho had taken off their shirts and were fighting about whose muscles were bigger.  "Bro I so got you beat.  My biceps could yours,"  Shownu slurred.  Wonho was pretty much trash at this point and admit defeat to the biceps but argued that he had the better abs.  Shownu looked down at Wonho and started tracing them with his finger when Minhyuk hastily suggested they have a dance-off.  So the next thing he knew his friends had climbed onto the stage and were drunkely dancing to the music.  They caught the crowd's attention and were being cheered on like crazy.

To Kihyun they looked like fish flopping on the stage.  Maybe they could dance when they weren't drunk, but Kihyun was too drunk to know the difference.  Kihyun took his eyes off the muscleheads and looked for something better to look at.  Namely his roommate.

Kihyun spotted Changkyun dancing next to Hyungwon and Minhyuk and waddled towards them.  He walked up really close to Changkyun's face and breathed out, "You know you're really handsome.  I was so surprised,"  Kihyun giggled.  He reached up to run his hands through Changkyun's dark brown hair and continued, "You dyed your hair.  It's so y hehe."  Changkyun's eyes widened and he grabbed Kihyun's hand from his hair.  

"Ki are you ok?  I think you've drank enough,"  he said eyeing Kihyun's half-full cup.  

"Oh yes I feel great.  The best I've felt this entire week actually.  Because I'm free!"  Kihyun pretended to flap his arms like a bird to better explain his feeling of freedom.  

Changkyun was still worried when Kihyun announced he had to go to the bathroom.  Changkyun made sure to grab the cup out of Kihyun's hands before he left.  Even the hallway leading to the bathroom was filled with moving bodies.  Kihyun had to squeeze his way through.  Before he could reach the bathroom, someone grabbed his shoulders and push him up against the wall.  

"Hey there cutie.  Are you alone?  You're too cute to be left alone you know.  You never know what could happen,"  his offender whispered into his ear.  Kihyun was too weak and drunk to push the man away so he grunted, "get... off."  

The man chuckled into his ear and smirked, "not until I get what I want from you."  He attacked Kihyun's mouth with his.  Kihyun tried to turn his head, but the man was too strong.  Kihyun clenched his teeth but the guy's tongue still found his way into Kihyun's cavern.  He tasted like beer and cigarettes, and Kihyun felt trapped and victimized.  He wanted to cry out for help, but his drunk brain was too confused.  The man placed his knee in between Kihyun's legs and Kihyun groaned.  At this point he was going to give up and let the man do whatever he wanted with him when his lips abruptly left his.  Kihyun could breathe properly again when he saw Changkyun punch his offender.  It seemed whatever Changkyun yelled at the man scared him enough to leave Kihyun alone.

Changkyun wrapped his arms around Kihyun to comfort him.  Kihyun didn't realize he was shaking until he was inside Changkyun's warm embrace.  That's when he felt the tears fall.  "Ch- Changie?"  Changkyun's chest vibrated when he hummed.  "I- I missed you.  So much."  At this point Kihyun started sobbing and soon passed out from the mix of shock and alcohol.  The last thing he remembered was Changkyun whispering, "Me too, Kihyunie, me too."

--------

A/N: Wow a double update today.  I'm too tired to edit so hopefully there aren't very many mistakes and hopefully it makes sense ^^

I feel victimized victimizing Kihyun.  My poor heart how could I do that to him ;~;  But just how much will Kihyun actually remember? huehuehue  

Someone needs to keep me off tumblr so I can actually get done lmao  BUT KIHYUN IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE OMGGGG.  I HAVE BEEN CURSED WITH A KINK FOR HAMSTERS.  Excuse me while I visit the pet store :3  And name them Sunggyu and Kihyun cuz I can.  Ok bye~