pt.1

when love hurts, baby

Know how you just know when someone wouldn't be good for you the first time you've met them? Like. Friendship is fine and all, but you just knew anything past that wouldn't last and it just ruin everything? Or you would just habor a unrequited crush on the person and despite not saying anything, nothing would come of it if you let your feelings known.

Yeah.

That's what Lim Changkyun experienced the moment he was introduced to Shin Hoseok during a party that an old friend of his threw together for him, a "welcome back to South Korea!" type of party, to get him back into the swing of living in the country of his birth.

Despite that, he couldn't help but gain feelings for the man because of how understanding and how he included him onto old inside jokes (while explaining it at the same time,) while making inside jokes between the two of them all the while. Silly, silly feelings that stayed hidden in subtle gestures that no one noticed because they didn't think too much into it.

After all, he came out to them as aual.

Apparently that's all they needed to not look too far into his reactions if they did notice something odd. Which, Changkyun frowned, was a shame, because apparently being aual means being incapable of feeling romantic love. He wished it was the case though, oh God, does he wish it were true, otherwise he wouldn't be dealing with choking on flower petals - and ain't that funny?

Death by flowers.
What a laughable death, and that's what he knows will happen in sometime soon if he doesn't go through with the surgery to get rid of them. He doesn't want to though; get rid of the feelings for Shin Hoseok, he means. Because that would mean that he wouldn't be able to feel anything for the man, probably won't even know him either, and wouldn't that give off such a glaringly obvious hint of what kind of surgery he went through? Who he loved without being loved in return; not in the way that Changkyun loved Hoseok.

Shin Hoseok loves Lim Changkyun but only as one would a little brother, it would only make it awkward for everyone to realize just what kind of feelings the youngest felt for the eldest of the group; Hoseok would probably end up feeling terrible in the way, because he could very well end up losing someone he considered family.

All simply from such strong feelings that he never noticed were directed  at him.

No...

Changkyun just could not risk that.

It would be better to keel over than anything and have them just feel guilty for never noticing how far along he was with the sickness.