Chapter 1

The Bad Boy Type
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Class!” the teacher called her students to attention, “If you could all pay attention, please!”

Thirty-five heads turned to the teacher, stopping whatever they had been doing. And they noticed a new face standing next to the teacher. It was a girl, around their age, her deep brown eyes surveying all of them carefully. Her straight black hair was tied up in a neat ponytail. She appeared nervous and uncomfortable, apparent from the way she clutched the strap of her bag.

“Everyone, this is Kang Ye Seul.” The teacher introduced her to the class, “She has transferred here from Seoul and will be your new classmate.”

The teacher then nodded at her to relay her greetings to the class.

Ye Seul cleared nervously and said, “Hello. I’m Kang Ye Seul. I hope to get along well with you all.” She finished with a polite bow to the entire class.

She looked up to see if she was receiving any hostile looks, but all the looks that she was getting only seemed to be curious and friendly. Ye Seul relaxed a little. One of the girls, sitting in the third row raised her hand.

“Yes, Mina?” the teacher asked, as Ye Seul looked curiously at the girl with the short bob of brown hair.

“Ye Seul can sit next to me.” The girl named Mina offered, “This seat is free.”

“Thank you, Mina.” The teacher smiled at her. Turning to Ye Seul she said, “Mina is the school captain and the representative of this class. She’ll help you find your way around and with anything else that you might need. Come find me in the teachers’ lounge if you still need anything.”

Ye Seul nodded politely, “Thank you, Ms…um…”

“Kim Min Ji” the teacher introduced herself with a smile, “I will be your class teacher and Korean literature teacher.”

Ye Seul nodded again, “Thank you, Ms. Kim.”

 

 

 

Mina offered Ye Seul a friendly smile as she set her bag down on her assigned table, which Ye Seul tentatively returned.

“I’m Shin Mina.” She said with smile, “Welcome to our school.”

“Thanks…I guess.” Ye Seul replied a little awkwardly making Mina chuckle.

“What classes are you taking?” Mina asked, curiously, peeping into her timetable.

“Um…English, Korean literature, maths, biology, physics, chemistry and dance.” Ye Seul said, looking at her timetable, “What about you?”

“I have three classes with you.” Mina said, “English, Korean literature and dance.”

“What about the rest?” Ye Seul asked.

“History, Politics, Economics and music.” Mina shrugged. Ye Seul nodded before turning her eyes back to her own timetable. The first class happened to be English, so Ye Seul grabbed her bag and was in the process of pulling out her English workbook.

She was about to ask Mina if the reading list for the semester was given, seeing as she had joined two weeks after the semester started, when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned around to find the previously unoccupied seat to her left now occupied by a good looking boy with black hair and a rather adorable smile.

“Hey!” he said, holding out his hand, “I’m Park Jimin.”

“Kang Ye Seul.” Ye Seul said, shaking his hand.

“I know.” Jimin grinned, “So, I overheard you talking to Mina. You have dance as one of your classes?”

“Yes.” Ye Seul nodded, “Why do you ask?”

“I take dance too.” Jimin said, and then asked, “Are you any good?”

“I guess I’m okay…” Ye Seul said hesitantly, a little taken aback by the sudden question.

“Well, I guess we’ll see.” Jimin grinned, before turning to a tall boy who had appeared next to him, “Hey TaeTae! Where you been?”

“I had to see Ms. Kim about exchanging a class for dance.” The boy apparently called TaeTae said.

“And?” Jimin asked expectantly.

“No go.” The other boy shook his head, dejected, “I’m stuck with maths. It’s not fair! Kookie got his politics class exchanged for dance!”

“Why didn’t she agree?” Jimin asked, frowning.

“The class is full. Some new kid took the last spot.” TaeTae grumbled.

Jimin turned to look at Ye Seul with an amused smirk. The other boy followed his gaze and his eyes landed on Ye Seul who looked distinctly uncomfortable. The boy called TaeTae smirked too.

“So, you’re the reason I can’t take dance?” he asked.

“Um…” Ye Seul hesitated, unsure of what to say.

“I’m Taehyung, by the way.” He offered, his smirk turning into an amused grin.

“I’m Ye Seul.” Ye Seul said, “And I’m sorry about taking up the last spot in the dance class?”

Taehyung burst out laughing, before replying, “It’s alright! I was only trying to get rid of maths! I dance enough already as it is – Ouch!”

Ye Seul looked curiously at Jimin who had kicked Taehyung and was now looking out of the window like nothing had happened. Taehyung just offered her another smile and Ye Seul decided she wasn’t getting any more explanation.

At that moment, their English teacher walked in and class commenced. Ye Seul conveniently forgot about the little incident.

 

 

 

“How have your classes been so far?” Mina asked Ye Seul, as they walked to the cafeteria together. She had caught her as Ye Seul had been walking out of maths looking like a lost puppy.

“They’ve been okay.” Ye Seul shrugged, “Maths was a repeat of stuff I’d already learnt, so…”

“Ah.” Mina said, as they reached the cafeteria counter, “What do you want to eat? It’s my treat.”

“No, you don’t have to…” Ye Seul hurriedly reached for her purse, but was cut off by the other girl.

“Come on! It’s your first day here! Let me treat you!” Mina insisted.

“Thanks.” Ye Seul said, albeit a little uncomfortably. She was not one to get comfortable with new people too soon.

“Where do you want to sit?” Mina asked, once they had got their food.

“I don’t know…” Ye Seul looked around the crowded cafeteria, “Where do you usually sit?”

“Oh, I usually sit with my dance troop.” Mina answered, and Ye Seul looked up with interest. But Mina continued, grinning, “But you look uncomfortable enough with me. And our dance troop is a rather rowdy bunch.”

“Oh…” Ye Seul said, not having anything better to say.

“But we could still sit with them, I mean, if it’s okay with you.” Mina said. Ye Seul could hear the longing in her voice.

“Yeah, no problem. Let’s go.” Ye Seul nodded immediately, because no matter how rowdy, she would always be interested when the words dance and troop went together.

Ye Seul followed Mina to one of the corner tables of the cafeteria, navigating through the throng of people in their way. The table was occupied by five boys and one girl. Ye Seul noticed that the boy she spoke to in the morning was one of them. Park Jimin she remembered his name was. The boy to his right sported a snapback and was finishing the last of his lunch. The boy to his right, with a handsome mischievous face was talking to a slightly tanned boy next to him. The tanned boy wore a tank top showing off his impressive muscles and an easy smile. The boy to Jimin’s left was pushing his drink cup around on the table and smiling at his phone as he texted someone, sporting a dimple on one of his cheeks. The only other girl at the table had her face buried in a book, as she shovelled food into , her face partially hidden by her long curly blonde locks.

“Hey oppa!” Mina greeted the boy with the snapback as she set her tray down. Ye Seul set her tray down next to Mina’s and sat down between her and the one other girl at the table.

“Who’s this?” the boy Mina addressed as ‘oppa’ asked.

“Oh, this is Ye Seul. Weren't you in class today morning when Ms. Kim introduced her? She’s new here. Today’s her first day.” Mina introduced her. Ye Seul gave a slight bow and said, “Hello.”

“Ah, so you’re Kang Ye Seul?” the boy asked with interest, before introducing himself, “I’m Jung Hoseok, the leader of Rhythm N’ Beats.”

“That’s our dance troop.” Mina explained, noticing Ye Seul’s slightly confused expression.

“Dance crew!” another boy sitting to Hoseok’s right insisted, making the rest of them laugh.

“So, I heard you dance?” Hoseok asked Ye Seul, stealing a cheese stick from Mina’s plate.

“I do.” Ye Seul answered, picking up her sandwich.

“Well, I’ll see you in dance then, seeing as that’s the only class we have left together today.” Hoseok smiled at her, before picking up his empty tray and dumping it in the dustbin.

“See you guys later too. I’ve got to choreograph a new routine.” He told the others, as he picked up his bag, moved his chair aside with his foot and walked out of the cafeteria.

Ye Seul took a bite of her sandwich and looked around the cafeteria as Mina got busy talking to her friends. They seemed to leave her alone and she was thankful for not having to speak to any more strangers that day.

The bell rang just as Ye Seul was dumping her tray in the dustbin. She said a short goodbye to Mina before running away to find her Chemistry class. She realized, not so much time later, that it had been a very bad idea and now she was lost. She looked between the classroom that said Biology and the room opposite that said Art and the wall in front of her and groaned.

She turned around and retraced her steps back to where she had started, that is, the cafeteria. She was so sure she had followed Mina’s instructions word for word.

“Are you lost?”

Ye Seul turned to see Jimin and one of the other boys from lunch approaching her.

“Yeah…I was trying to find my chemistry classroom.” She admitted, hesitantly.

“Come with me! I have chemistry too.” the other boy offered, waving at Jimin who said a quick goodbye and walked away in the opposite directio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter