Goodbye

Happy for you, yes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------
“You can do this Mingyu! Its your wedding day man. Later on you’ll be able to see your bride, and you will see her walking along the aisle, with her father. You dont want to disappoint your father in law right? Dont be nervous!” You can do this wonwoo. You can do this too. This is for your bestfriend. Its a huge favor from him. “Wonwoo hyung, i’m all nervous. How do I stop this, but I know I can do this. Its my wedding day. I should be happy!
-----
“Give me that book! I want to read it!” Little mingyu snatched the book from a nerd looking kid sitting near one of the windows on the day care. Kim Mingyu was known to be one of the troublemaking kids at the day care and one of the kids that he would always bully is the bookworm who always sat near the window. Jeon Wonwoo.
Wonwoo, the kid with the black hair sighed as mingyu took the 5th book just for the sake of annoying him. He blinked as mingyu grinned at him, the kid waiting for wonwoo to react, but mingyu failed as wonwoo gave him this infamous blank face that the boy usually gave whenever he was mad. Or maybe sad. No one knew what that blank face meant.
“Here’s your book kid. I dont want it anymore.” Little mingyu, annoyed at the face wonwoo was giving, slammed the book down in front of wonwoo and walked away, and wonwoo thought mingyu was so cute. And that the bully was interesting.
After months and months of bullying Jeon Wonwoo, Mingyu gave up as he knew the kid wouldnt react on his bullying. But, they ended up being best friends when high school and college came.
Those were the days when they were very very popular to the student body. They were inseparable to be honest. They went to school together, have the same subjects and classes, went home together, study together. Most of the students thought they were twins. Although not that much because mingyu was known for being so tall and wonwoo isnt that tall like him. And mingyu was so handsome and wonwoo is this geek following him. Its like a very brilliant student with a rebel one. They looked very very balanced.
And those were the days when Jeon Wonwoo developed feelings for Kim Mingyu.
“Mingyu, I have to tell you something. Lets meet later at the local cafe near the school? Since we’re graduating, I want to ask for help on job applications and stuff like that.” Wonwoo asked as he packed his bags, hiding the neatly folded letter on his notebook. “oh sure, just let me finish taking out things from my locker, then i’ll go there. Wait for me okay?” Mingyu smiled and walked out of the room first, wonwoo followed after, hurrying to the cafe where they were going to meet.
Wonwoo took a seat near the entrance so that mingyu can spot him quickly, taking out his notebook and patting his chest as he felt nervous. This was the day, for Jeon Wonwoo.
“Wonwoo hyung! I’m here!” Mingyu sat infront of wonwoo, holding on a few newspapers and his laptop.”Since you said you needed help in job applications, i brought newspapers and we can look for openings in the internet.” Mingyu put his things down on the table and stared at wonwoo who now had his legs closed like a girl waiting patiently for his boyfriend. “Yah wonwoo hyung, why do you look so tense? Are you nervous because of the interview you’ll be getting next week for that magazine? Dont worry hyung! You can do it~ i’ll be cheering you from afar! And I ordered fruit shakes for us becausee coffee usually makes one nervous.” Mingyu clapped while waiting for his laptop to open. Wonwoo was about to put the notebook down in front of Mingyu but then the clumsy waitress tripped because of the laptop charger that mingyu connected on the electric plugs, causing their fruit shakes to spill on their things.
“Oh my—i-i’m so sorry sir, wait i’ll clean it up right away—“ the clumsy waitress ran to the kitchen to get the mop and went back fast to mop the floor. Good thing the notebook wonwoo was holding didnt get stained, but their bags were drenched, especially wonwoo’s. The waitress did her best to wipe the bag with lots of tissues but wonwoo stopped her and told her its alright. “Wonwoo hyung, are you alright—look, your clothes are stained as well. Lets go, we have to clean that up.” Mingyu closed his laptop and fixed his things, groaning as his bag was stained as well. “I have to meet your manager, my laptop is damaged as well. I’ll go back here tomorrow. Wonwoo hyung let’s go.” He stood up, carrying his bagpack using one strap only. “But mingyu, what about the—“ Wonwoo didnt get to finish his sentence was stopped by mingyu. “Hyung, you’re all sticky now. You have to clean up.” They ended up leaving the cafe, deciding that they will talk tomorrow.   But the tomorrow didnt go well. Wonwoo waited at the cafe where they went yesterday and mingyu never came. Weird. He asked the manager if mingyu came but then the manager said he left with the waitress to pay for the laptop that was damaged. Wonwoo sighed and thanked the manager, telling him that he will just go back the next day.
Wonwoo went to the park on his way home, sighing for the nth time as he didnt get to confess for the second time. After a few minutes of thinking while he was sitting on the swings, he gasped, remembering that the notebook with the letter was in mingyu’s bag. After the waitress stained his bag, mingyu took wonwoo’s things and put it in his own bag, including the notebook. Oh crap. He tried calling mingyu but his phone was off. He sent messages that he needed the notebook but he got no reply.
It was hard for wonwoo. Getting a cliffhanger like reading a story that is not yet done and suddenly went on hiatus. Because wonwoo lost contact with mingyu since that day.
Years passed and still Jeon Wonwoo’s curiosity never left him. Why did Mingyu disappear? Where was he right now? Wonwoo scribbled down his signature on most of the papers on
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter