Be Honest Anyway

Live Anyway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BTS - Rain

He stared at his phone while a heavy sigh escaped from his plump lips. His grip on his phone tightened as his head tilted back and eyes closed. Was it the third time by now? No, it was the fifth time. She had turned him down for the fifth time within two weeks, which was not normal. She would always complain to him about how he never had time for her, and now that he did she became awfully busy.

Was it that she was so annoyed with him that she decided it was payback time? It didn’t make sense though; she wasn’t that type of a girl. She devoted herself for this relationship. She would grab every opportunity to spend time with him. Even if it meant dropping by to his work anytime she could.

“Hey, Kim Taehyung! Those cans won’t move by themselves!” His supervisor hollered from the end of the isle while Taehyung was standing in the middle of it. He snapped out of his train of thoughts and with a nervous smile pushed his phone inside his pocket and went straight to work.

His supervisor shook his head in irritation and walked away from there as Taehyung puffed air on his dark bangs. “Just 15 more minutes, Taehyung and then you’re out of here” He encouraged himself making sure the cans were lying neatly in line or else the supervisor would make a scene about it.

Once he was done he got up from his spot and walked in the back with the now empty box and placed it besides the other neglected boxes. His stood there for a second just to get his breath back, even though he hadn’t done any heavy work. But all of the tension made him so worn out. He had been asking himself over and over why Nari had been so distant lately. But that thought vanished instantly the moment he felt his phone vibrate inside his pocket. He pulled it out and saw his brother’s name written on his screen.

With a grin on his face he opened the message he had received from his brother. “Ramen House after work, my treat” Taehyung chuckled and didn’t reply back knowing quite well he had no choice but to go. It wasn’t like Taehyung didn’t want to go. Matter in fact every time spent with his brother was the best. He understood him in a way no other did. Everytime they were together Taehyung just seemed to loosen up and the stress from his mind would just disappear for that particular moment.

The very moment Taehyung was off duty he changed his clothes and ran out of the store before his supervisor could stop him. Taehyung knew if he stayed for one second longer his supervisor would give him some kind of task to do before leaving. It could be anything from throwing the trash to cleaning something that has been spilled or basically arranging the isle. Taehyung had an appointment with his brother that he wouldn’t want to be late to.

He ran out of the store and unlocked his bicycle and jumped on without even looking behind and rushed over to where his brother was waiting for him.

The moment he arrived he parked his cycle and stepped inside seeing his brother with a black and white college jacket, a white tee that had a curse word written on it with black letters, with black skinny jeans and converse. He most certainly looked like a troublemaker, and he was at some point as well. But Taehyung knew the real Taeho and that was all that mattered.

“Here!” He waved Taehyung over and with a grin he walked over to him and without greeting, Taeho stepped forward and grabbed the sleeve of his shirt. “What happened to your clothes?” Taehyung smiled sheepishly and rubbed his neck. “Trying to copy me, huh?” Taeho snickered knowing quite well he was his younger brother’s idol, but deep down he wished for his brother to become better than him and not follow his path.

“C-copy? …No” Taehyung tried his best to defend himself, but failed miserably. He had always been the simple type of person. Wearing simple clothes and having simple thoughts. But he wanted to try something new; he wanted to become more like his brother, which was why he wore clothes like him too. Converse, black skinny jeans ripped on the knee area, topped with a grey t-shirt and a black and blue checkered shirt tied around his waist, with a dark blue cap on his head.

“Hey, isn’t that mine?” Taeho pointed towards the cap and Taehyung immediately shielded it with his hands and Taeho chuckled. “Don’t worry you can have it, but next time…ask…you get me” He used his stern voice, but Taehyung knew he didn’t mind he was just fooling around with his younger brother.

Finally their food arrived and Taeho was basically gulping the food down. He was probably hungry after all of the work. Taeho worked fulltime now, no school for him. He dropped out of high school and had worked ever since. Taehyung remembered when his father disappeared from their lives Taeho stepped up as the oldest son in the house and began paying the bills. He worked from Monday to Friday as a barista nearby. Actually he worked as the cleaner to begin with, but after receiving secret lessons from his great friend Yoongi at the café he had been promoted as the barista. So that was basically his life now.

“How is school, all good?” Taeho spoke with mouth full and Taehyung nodded his head not wanting to discuss about school when weekend had just begun for him. “Good!” Taeho gulped down the food and wiped the sauce from his mouth with a tissue while his eyes were settled on his younger brother. “You continue doing well, you get me? Mom and I are counting on you. You’re the brains in our house so step up and prove it-“

“Just like dad?” Taehyung almost immediately interrupted and Taeho was too taken aback he was loss for words for a second.

“Y-yeah…” Taeho stirred in his seat feeling a bit uncomfortable but soon grinned waving away the tension. “No…” He suddenly spoke and Taehyung knitted his brows. “Better than him” Taehyung just snickered by his words but soon found his eyes rounding seeing his brother getting up.

“I gotta go now” He told and Taehyung stopped him.

“To where?”

“I’ve get a second job” Taeho gave his triumph smile. “It’s at a construction site, night shifts two times a week” Taehyung rolled his eyes.

“Isn’t the work you already have enough?” Before Taeho could answer his question someone stepped inside the shop and it was no other than Taeho’s second best buddy; Hoseok.

“Hey!” Both of them hollered at each other at the same time. They did their famous handshake and the moment Hoseok noticed Taehyung his face turned even brighter, if possible.

“Hey Brains, how you doin’?” Taehyung only pressed his lips together tightly, knowing quite well his brother had bragged to him about how smart his younger brother was. So that was basically why Hoseok had begun calling him ‘brains’. “Well, we gotta go we have work to do” Hoseok continued and saluted to him. “Let the men do the work while you do well at school, hmm” He clapped Taehyung’s shoulder adding a grin and walked out having Taeho follow.

“See you tomorrow and remember to visit mom” Taeho saluted to Taehyung who only nodded his head in return.

As Taehyung was heading back home to grab his jacket because it was getting chilly only to go visit his mother afterwards his phone vibrated in his pocket. He stopped his cycle in the middle of the sidewalk. He pulled the phone out “Yeah?” Taehyung picked up knowing one of his best buddies; Jungkook was the one who phoned him.

“Get here quick! Your girl is with Seokjin” Taehyung halted in his steps as his brows furrowed.

“What?” He half laughed and half scoffed. “You must be mistaken” Taehyung just tried laughing it off. He knew his girl wasn’t into those daddy’s boys who only lived off their wealth, and screwed with the system because of it.

“See for yourself” Jungkook hung up right after and Taehyung heaved a heavy sigh and grabbed the handle and changed his direction and headed for the hangout place beside their school. He knew Jungkook and Jimin were there or else Jungkook would have given him different directions.

While paddling on his way towards the boys the clouds seemed to huddle up and turn all grey and angry. Fortunately the rain hadn’t begun just yet, but it wasn’t long before it would. “I should have grabbed my jacket first” He mumbled under his breath feeling the wind hit his face as he continued to paddle.

He noticed the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter