Drunken Truth

Drunken Truth

You’re right, I may be drunk

This may be a mistake.

When morning comes, I may act like I don’t remember
And act uncomfortable around you.

 

Sooil stumbles as he makes his way to open the door. Just when he’s about to grab the key from his pants, it opened.

 

“where have you been?”

 

“oh! Minsoo!” he said cheerfully “why aren’t you ㅡhiccupsㅡ sleeping?”

 

“are you drunk?”

 

Sooil chuckled at that “maybe a little. Like, really. I didn’t drink much!”

 

“let’s just get in and change your clothes first” Minsoo sighed and drags him inside.

 


But tonight there is something
That I absolutely have to say.
I apologize for my current state,
But please don’t think that I am just saying this because I am drunk.

 

“don’t move. I’ll get your clothes” he plumped Sooil to the sofa.

 

Sooil just hummed and took off his tuxedo.

 

Few minutes later, Minsoo came back with his fresh pajamas and a glass of water “here, drink first”

 

He still doesn’t say a word and just finished the drink quickly. He wipes his lips with his right knuckle as his left hand starts to unbotton his shirt.

 

“did something happened at the wedding?”

 

 

Whenever I am in front of you
I prepare myself to say this
But I always say the opposite thing,
Turn around and regret it,
But now I will declare to you
That I have loved you from the start.

 

Sooil and Minsoo have been friends since college. It was all started when a freshman Minsoo got into the basketball club and senior Sooil was the captain. They were rivals and you all can guess what happened next. The rival-ness turned out into tutoring each other for competition techniques and helping each other’s homeworks once in a while. From enemy to bestest friends, much cliche.

 

Only that somewhat maybe, Sooil’s feelings started to grew different as time goes, until now. they’re more than 25 and he’s still jobless while Minsoo already started his own music school. Piano, to be exact. And today, one of the teacher there, Jinwook got married and they supposed to go congratulate him both but Minsoo refused saying he had many classes today. Sooil knows it’s a damn lie tho but he just shrugged and went by himself.

 


I love you so much
Even if my sloppy declaration
Seems corny or unbelievable,
It is not something I am just saying.

 

“nothing happened” he wears the pajamas

 

‘then why? You aren’t the type who drinks until you drunk like this”

 

“that’s the reason” Sooil grunted and rubs his face, “nothings wrong. It was perfect, the wedding. They say the vow and everyone greeted them happily and he was grinning from ear to ear throughout the wedding and his hand was always on her waist. It was just so perfect that i started to pity myself when will i can experience it by myself. My own wedding with the one that i love and be the king for the day and the guests would also be happy and then we’ll live happily from that.” he hiccuped once again then takes a breath “i’m just jealous. How happy would a wedding be”

 

Minsoo startled but he rubs Sooil’s back anyways “everyone will get their own time, sooil” “maybe you can try with finding a job first. Then you’ll find more people and who knows, one will be your future” he grinned to lighten the mood.

 

Sooil swatted his hand away and says “it’s not that”

 

Here it comes, Minsoo thinks. “what do you mean?”

 

“oh god just why are you so helpless” “i like you. No, heck, i love you. I love you Go Minsoo”

 

Of course he knows. Minsoo is not blind and he can feel all his sign. From the subtle touches, smiles, and that supportive words whenever he’s down. But Sooil is drunk right now and though Minsoo knows he means it, he doesn’t want this. As selfish as it seems, he wants sooil to confess to him the normal way, when they’re both not sober nor tired like this. He doesn’t want Sooil to confess with his words that can be forgotten by himself because he’s not in his clear mind.

 


I’ll probably never do something like this again
But as the night becomes light
I will hold you in my arms once again,
And tell you that I love you

 

“and i love you too, Sooil” he smiled

 

“no, i’m not kidding. I love you so much that the wedding earlier makes me think and i just lose it. I want to marry you and see how handsome you would be on the altar. And we’ll say the vows and we’ll kiss. I want to spend my life with you, i want to always wake up by your side and we’ll be lazy together on bed and have a late breakfast and we’ll hold hands wherever we go without worrying what others thinks” he flails his hands “my life would be complete and i wouldn’t ask more so, Go Minsoo, will you marry me? I love you, i really do”

 

Minsoo ruffles his hair “you’re drunk, Sooil. and i still have classes tomorrow, let’s rest and talk about this later”

 


Why are you just smiling?
Do you hear this as a joke?
Why are you not saying a word,
But look at me like a child?

 

“you don’t understand! I maybe drunk right now but i mean every words i said. I love you. And you should answer me now, because i kept this feelings for long and no nights our courses could stop me! I said no!”

 

Minsoo just shushed and brings him to his bed “it’s so late already”

 


I feel as awkward as you do,
I can’t even look you in the eye.
I am sorry that I keep on saying
The same things I was saying earlier.
But tonight I’ll tell you everything.

 

He tucked the blanket to Sooil’s chest and the sleepiness already got him. He brushes the fringes from his forehead a bit “goodnight, sleep well”

 

Sooil just mumbled and when he finally drifted off, Minsoo whispers “and i really do love you too, No Sooil” and kissed his forehead.

 

 

 ~~~

A/n

im back with kuhngyeol! Hahahah this is inspired from the song Drunken Truth . If u have time, go listen to it! its so good u wont regret;u; Thankyou so much for reading i hope u like it. Comments & subscribes are appreciated!<333