Final

Still In Love

 

I have no displeased on anyone. It just that I feel the character I assign to each of them suits my story.

Enjoy it!

 

 

 

He smiles when he see his son antics. He is special since he was born. Every kids are special, but Sanghyuk, he was born with disabilities; deaf and mute but never once Hakyeon regrets.

He loves Sanghyuk with all his life. He was born late. His first son, Hongbin is 6 when Sanghyuk was born. He got all the love from his brother. Hongbin adores Sanghyuk a lot and never once questions why his baby brother can’t make any sound.

The clock dings and Hakyeon rise from his seat.

“Kaja Hyukkie, we gotta pick your hyung up.”

Sanghyuk doesn’t response and so Hakyeon smiled. He always talk alone when he is with Sanghyuk but he never stop making conversation. The smile, giggle and cackle Sanghyuk made makes his heart swell. At least Sanghyuk is happy.

He passed by a sticky note behind the door and he sighs. Crumpling the note, he throws it into a trash can.

-I’ll be late-

The note states and Hakyeon never want to believe the note anymore. His husband just want to find way to stay out from them and he is more than disappointed.

Hakyeon puts on a pair of cute little shoes for baby Sanghyuk and carries him out to his car. He places him safely on the baby chair and drove to Hongbin’s school.

It’s past 12 when Hongbin comes running to them. He tells Hakyeon to crouch so he can kiss his brother and Sanghyuk laughs, liking it.

“How is school today nae saekki?”

“Umm. I learn about many things. Omma, (supposed to be appa but Hongbin wants to call him omma) I learn about sign language.”

He then makes some gestures and grins afterward.

“And what does that means?”

“Saranghaeyo. This is I love and this is you.”

He teaches Hakyeon and the father is grinning.

“You did well Binnie ah. Now should we go home?”

“Neh. I wish daddy will be home early. I want to show it to daddy too.”

The ever bright kid commented and Hakyeon can only smile and ushered his son in the car. He helps Sanghyuk and then Hongbin.

“Omma, can we eat pizza?”

“Not today sweetie. I cooked lunch for us already. And it’s your favourite rice ball.”

“Yeayyy.”

Hongbin cheered and smiles while showing his dimple. Hakyeon always think that Hongbin will grows up handsome and a heart throb. And so does Sanghyuk.

He glances at Sanghyuk who was lifting his leg and was about to his shoes when Hongbin puts a pacifier for him.

“That’s dirty Hyukkie.”

He said and his face contorted in displease as a hygienic person he is. Hakyeon laughs at that and Hongbin grins.

“Omma, am I doing it right?”

“Of course darling.”

Said Hakyeon and continue the ride back home with Hongbin non-stop chatting.


###


“Go to sleep baby. Appa might be late again.”

Hongbin yawned for God knows how many times already before he sadly waddled to his own room.

Hakyeon walks after him and tucks him in. He kisses Hongbin goodnight and serenade Hongbin favourite lullaby before he switch off the light.

He switch off the TV and peek on Sanghyuk who calmly on his thumb while he slept. Being all alone now and the clock had strike 11, Hakyeon feel the pang of pain.

Leo is a loving man to start of. Hakyeon falls for him because of his responsibilities and well being. He loves Hakyeon and he shows it to the whole world.

“I tried but I can’t.”

Leo said when they argue about his lack of affection towards their new born.

“Is it my fault that Hyuk born with disabilities?”

He asked, hurt evidence in his voice.

“No.”

Said Leo, as he look into his spouse eyes.

“It’s my fault.”

Leo said, and pulls Hakyeon’s hand which he pulls it away and hugs his thin body which seems smaller than he already is. He sighs.

“Please love him. What can he do? He doesn’t want to be born this way too.”

“I don’t know.”

Said Leo and ruffles his hair. Hakyeon stares at him in disbelief.

“I don’t know anymore if I’m still looking at the same person who promised that he will spend thick and thin with me.”

Said Hakyeon and walks to Sanghyuk’s room. He took the 2 months old baby in his arm and walks to his room, he placed him in the centre and he lay down beside him before he cover them both with a warm blanket.

Leo walks into the room after few minutes and saw that Hakyeon had slept. He then took his things and walks to the study room. And he stayed there from then to this moment.

It’s been 4 months and Sanghyuk is going to turn 6 months in few days but Leo and Hakyeon still showing cold shoulder to each other.

He wakes up early and makes breakfast for Leo before he took Hongbin to school, with Sanghyuk.

Every time he comes home, he will make sure Leo is gone. Only then he walk in with Sanghyuk, sleepily blinking to him.

Now after all those months, he stayed awake to talk to Leo. He can’t take it anymore. Hongbin too whined that his daddy is working all the time and that he had forget how his daddy sound.

It’s 12.20 a.m. when the front door clicked open, revealing a messy looking Leo. Hakyeon looks at him when he puts his shoes in the rack and slowly making his way to the kitchen.

His broad shoulder slumped when he open the food cover to reveal foods. Hakyeon saw how Leo stares to their shared bedroom and put back the cover. He proceed to the fridge and took out a can of beer. Hakyeon sighs. He had enough.

“Stop drinking.”

Hakyeon suddenly said and Leo almost stumble due to shock.

“Yeon.”

He called with longing and Hakyeon took the can from Leo’s hand and puts it back into the fridge.

“Let’s talk. Should we?”

Nodding, Leo makes his way to the dining table and Hakyeon brings a bowl of rice, placing it in front of Leo.

“Eat first. Then we’ll talk.”

Leo obliged without any excuse and starts eating. He is hungry and he missed Hakyeon. Hakyeon too looks at his husband with longing. Leo used to be muscular. He loves being in his arm, especially leaning on his shoulder but now, the strong shoulder doesn’t look as proud.

“What is going on with us?”

Said Hakyeon when Leo finished all the food that Hakyeon keeps for him. Leo seems calm as he leans his body back.

“I feel like a stranger to you. I was afraid to approach you. You are angry.”

Said Leo and he lowered his head. He is feeling guilty.

“Hongbin asks me about you. He misses you.”

“Chagiya. I.”

“I know you don’t want Sanghyuk. But what wrong had Hongbin done? You used to say that he is your pride.”

“Hakyeon ah. Don’t say it that way.”

“What else can I say when that’s how you behave?”

Hakyeon stood up and took all the plates and bowl to the sink.

“If you already fall out of love for me, love Hongbin at least.”

Said Hakyeon and left before Leo can say anything. He, with not much word can only close his eyes and sighs.

“You don’t even want to listen to me Yeon ah.”


###


After Hongbin shows him sign language one after another, Hakyeon decided that he should take a course, a basic one at least so that he can helps his son in future.

And so, after he send Hongbin to school, he and Sanghyuk were at the centre, waiting for the teacher who will held the class.

Hakyeon kept answering Sanghyuk when he points at things, birds and people around him. Little Sanghyuk is just excited.

“Hello. You must be Mr. Cha Hakyeon.”

He stood up and smiled.

“I am. Are you?”

“Yes you are right. I am Lee Jaehwan.”

Jaehwan held out his hand for a handshake and Hakyeon took it with both hands.

“Are you the one who wants to learn sign language?”

“Ah deh. But I have a request.”

“What request?”

“Can I attend the class from 8 to 11 instead of 11 to 2? I have another son who was at school at the time.”

“I see. We can’t do that but if you really need it, I can introduce you to a teacher. He can teach at home.”

“Oh. That would be great.”

“Here is his name card. Just ring him and tell him my name.”

“Thank you so much Mr. Lee.”

“You are welcome. And you got a calm baby there.”

Jaehwan compliment him and pats Sanghyuk’s head.

“Thank you again Mr. Lee.”

Hakyeon left the centre and he makes the call after he placed Sanghyuk in his chair and gives him a teethe. He then dialled the number that Jaehwan gave him. It’s better that he settle it all before it times to pick Hongbin up.

“Hello.”

A deep, masculine voice greets him and Hakyeon smiled before he speaks. He told the latter about his situation and the said guy agreed to meet him for discussion.

“It’s settled Sanghyuk ah.”

Hakyeon cooed at his baby and starts driving to the town. They are going to eat pizza today. He has to cheer Hongbin up.


###


“Sorry it’s a bit messy. My son is having a slight fever and he is throwing tantrum. Just barely clean when you came.”

“It’s okay Mr. Cha.”

Said the guy and he sat down when Hakyeon invite him to.

“First of all, just call me Ravi. I love being comfortable and so, I don’t like it when people calls me teacher. It’s burdensome.”

Ravi said and ended it with a chuckle. Hakyeon chuckles as well and nods.

“I understand. You can call me Hakyeon then.”

“Sure. So Hakyeon, are we going to start today?”

“I don’t think I can.”

Said Hakyeon apologetically when he heard Hongbin cried in a high pitch voice. Ravi laughs instead and nodding.

“It can’t be helped then.”

Said Ravi and stops when he saw the uncomfort in Hakyeon’s face and soon a crying mess kid went running and hugs Hakyeon’s leg.

“Ommaaa.”

Ravi looks up to see Hakyeon who had carry his son up with an arched brows.

“I’m sorry Ravi. I.”

“Kenchana.”

Said Ravi, finally standing up. He caresses Hongbin’s hair who was leaning his head on the crook of Hakyeon’s neck, hugging it tightly.

“He just lose one of his teeth, so.”

Said Hakyeon while laughing awkwardly. Ravi chuckles.

“I understand. Let’s start after two or three days. Just give me a call.”

“Sure. Thank you again, Ravi.”

Hakyeon smiled while he coaxed Hongbin and walked Ravi to the door. Ravi smiles, nodding as he board his car. He find Hakyeon admiring and he smiles while thinking of him.

“Cha Hakyeon.”

He mouthed and took the wheel, driving out of Hakyeon’s yard.


###


Three weeks had passed and Hakyeon now know all the basic sign language. Ravi praised him as he is a fast learner and Hakyeon couldn’t agree less. He is quick in studying. His teachers said the same.

“Hongbin is at school?”

Ravi asks when Hakyeon makes him a cup of coffee. Hakyeon nods, placing the cup in front of him.

“He had an exam today.”

“I see.”

“He ask if he can see you today as well.”

Hakyeon chuckles as he drinks some water. Ravi smiled.

“He is a nice kid. And he talks a lot too. You won’t get bored.”

“Yes. Thankfully.”

“Maybe one day, Sanghyuk can too. Believe in God.”

Ravi pats his hand and Hakyeon smiled at the small gestures. The bell rang while Ravi was drinking his coffee and Hakyeon went to open it, to reveal Leo, with a bouquet of roses. Hakyeon gasps and Ravi walks to him when he saw him stunned.

“Who is it?”

He asked and Leo’s face turns sour when he saw a stranger in their house; their marital house.

“Leo ya, he teach me sign language, Ravi.”

Said Hakyeon, still flustered at Leo’s sudden appearance. And what makes it double the shock is that his husband comes up with flowers.

“At home?”

Leo asked, ignoring Ravi who was trying to make a handshake.

“Yes. Who will look after Sanghyuk if I went to the centre.”

“I’m sorry Ravi ssi. But can you leave us alone?”

Leo said politely and Ravi comply. He took his things and left. Leo walks to the study room and soon Hakyeon comes in.

“You didn’t even tell me.”

Said Leo in small voice. It comes out as a whisper but living this long with Leo, Hakyeon get what he said.

“Do you ever care?”

“You know I care. I love you Hakyeon. And today is the 8th years since we got married. Why did I even remember if I don’t love you?”

Said Leo, now turning to see his spouse. Hakyeon was staring on his feet and so Leo went closer, taking the smaller in his embrace.

“I’m sorry I behave immaturely with Sanghyuk. I love him, I swear to God. I’m sorry.”

He kisses the top of Hakyeon’s head and the latter hugs him back, his body shakes and Leo knows, his lover is crying.

He caresses his back, whispering sweet things and feels the hug tightens. Hakyeon is missing him and he knows it from how warm he feels his hug is.

“I won’t let you guys alone anymore. I learnt my mistake.”

Leo said, kissing Hakyeon once again before he removes the hug.

“Let’s go to Sanghyuk.”

He suggest and Hakyeon happily wipes his tears. After 7 months, Leo opens his heart for Sanghyuk and he was more than happy.

“Sanghyuk ah.”

Leo called his son and carries him when he didn’t get any response. He kisses his face and Sanghyuk chuckles in delight.

“Forgive daddy, neh. I won’t repeat my mistake ever again.”

He whispers and pecks Hakyeon’s lips and the latter hugs him from his back.

“Change your clothes. Let’s go picnic today after we pick Hongbin from school.”

“Really?”

Hakyeon asks, eyes widens and Leo nods. Hakyeon kisses his back and was about to walks out of Sanghyuk’s room before he stops and went to Leo. He smiles and tip toed to kiss him on the lips.

“Happy wedding anniversary and thank you for coming back as my old Leo.”

Leo smiled and hugs Sanghyuk who was staring at him.

“Let’s build as many memories as we can neh my son.”

He said and Sanghyuk blinks, before he raises his small hand and touched his cheek. Leo smiled.

“Kaja.”


###


Hongbin was beyond happy when he saw his daddy picking him up from school. He giggles frantically when Leo spins him around before he carries him to the car. He doesn’t forget to kiss his brother and Leo scolds himself mentally on why he can’t be like that.

“Daddy. Why are you not working? Omma said you need to work so that we can live better.”

Leo turns to look at Hakyeon who was feeding Sanghyuk his milk and smiled at Hongbin.

“Daddy had worked enough. I will spend more time with you after this.”

“And baby Sanghyuk too right daddy?”

“Right.”

Leo said, and picking up his regular speed as he drove to the picnic area near Han river.

Sanghyuk slept shortly after they walks and Leo spread a mat, and the family settles on it. Hakyeon cradles him and place him inside the stroller before he sat down.

“Watch where you run honey.”

He reminds his first born and Leo thanked God for making him realize how important his family is for him.

He had become a selfish guy after Sanghyuk was born with disabilities and leave Hakyeon alone tending to his sons and household.

He was ashamed at his immaturities and blames not anyone but himself for the sleepless and cold night he went through.

“This is what I really want.”

Said Leo as he looks at Hongbin who was busy running after a butterfly and scoots closer to his spouse.

“Thank you for you patience.”

Hakyeon smiled and he kisses his forehead before Hakyeon leans on his chest, both smiling as they look at Hongbin who was having the time of his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s shabby because I suddenly got this idea while watching a movie.

Thank you for reading.

Love, Star