I would have said yes.

Being Ditched Ain't So Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dude. You cannot leave me alone here!"

"I'm sorry, bro! But I can't!" I sighed at my brother's voice.

"The only reason I even came to this wedding reception was because you told me you needed company." I told my brother, now annoyed.

"That was when I was not free and mom was dragging me with her."
"So was I! But I made time! You're seriously the worst!"

"Be a good son to our mother." He taunted, flaring my temper.

"Wait till I leave this mind numbing hell, I swear to god!" I cut the call, rolling my eyes.

"Mind numbing is a bit of a stretch, ain't it?"

I heard a voice say as I turned to look at a girl with gorgeous dark locks and big brown eyes. My heart suddenly began to race before I nervously chucked. Wow, way to go, idiot. You have totally impressed her.

"Well, I'd rather spend my time reading or well, playing with my dogs." I responded with a shrug, playing it cool before looking over at the skyline.

The reception my mother dragged me to was at a quite fancy place. The food was great too. I really didn't have much to complain besides the fact that I was left alone in a sea of strange, old uncles and aunties that I've never met, drunk boys trying to get dates for themselves and teenage girls oogling over me from the corner. Oh and not to mention, my brother, my only company, ditching me to fend for myself. I was now standing alone in the balcony like a loser.

"Books and dogs, huh? I would have taken you for a guy." The girl said with a smirk while looking at the same scenery as I was. I glanced at her.

"Who said anything about reading books?" I replied with a smirk of my own. She giggled. "Touché."
She shifted her wine glass from one hand to another. She raised her free hand forward to shake with mine.

"I am Emmalynn."

"Hyun Joong." I said, shaking it. She smiled before averting her eyes to the teenage gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter