Final

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FINAL[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Within this pitch black darkness, you shine the butterfly effect. [/CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

Sometimes Kim Taehyung wish that he is just an ordinary teenage boy instead of someone who will be inheriting his father's business in the near future. So he wouldn't have to bear a lot of stress at a young age and is able to enjoy his childhood just like any other child. Since young he have been taught by his parents to be selfish and indifferent about the things and people that doesn't concern him. However, he chose to be himself instead of listening to them.

His parents have already plan out every single thing in his life, like which high school and university he will be getting in the future, which CEO's daughter will be his future wife and many other things. He is never truly happy in his whole 16 years of life because he is merely a puppet to his parents.

Taehyung's cousin, Byulyi have been doing volunteer work at a youth home and recently he decided that he should join her too. He think it is not a bad idea because not only he can offer comfort and warmth to the needy people in the society but also take his mind off from the stressful life he have been leading.

"Do you find doing volunteer work boring?" Byulyi asked the younger boy who is busy printing assignments in front of the photocopying machine.

"Of course not, noona. I think what we are doing is very meaningful." 

Byulyi smiled upon hearing Taehyung's answer but slightly frowned when she realised there are no more markers in the drawer.

"Tae, I think I have run out of markers. Can you do me a favour by getting some from the storage room?" 

"Sure, Byulyi noona."

Taehyung is on his way to the storage room when he heard someone whimpering in pain. He decided to investigate where the sound is coming from and ended up witnessing a group of teenage girls mercilessly kicking a petite girl while throwing nasty comments at her.

"A weirdo like you don't deserve to have any friends!"

"She's not only weird but stupid too!" 

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?!!!" 

The girls quickly flee from the scene after knowing someone have caught them in the act.

Taehyung approached the girl and carried her in his arms. "You will be fine. Now I will bring you to my cousin to have the wounds tended to."

The girl just stared at him blankly.

"I need your help, noona!" Taehyung shouted before even entering the room.

"What is it- OMO! Soohye? How did you got yourself injured?!" Worry is evident in Byulyi's voice. "Tae, get me the medical kit." 

The younger boy returned with a medical kit several moments later.

"Don't worry unnie, I'm already used to this." Soohye cracked a smile in an attempt to reassure Byulyi.

However, she yelped in pain when Byulyi applied antiseptic cream on those cuts and scratches found on her face, arms and knees. 

"Tell unnie who did this to you." 

"I wasn't paying attention when I was walking just now so I fall down and hurt myself." 

"Tae, do you happened to saw anything just now?" 

'Please don't say it. Please.' Soohye mouthed.

Taehyung saw her pleading eyes and decided to cover it up for her. "She is the only one there when I found her." 

"Be more careful next time, Soohye. Anyway, this is my cousin. His name is Kim Taehyung, same age as you and he is a new volunteer here."

"Hello! I'm Soohye." Soohye greeted him with a wide smile.

Taehyung's lips automatically twitched upwards when he saw her smile. "Nice to meet you." 

Taehyung offered to piggyback Soohye back to the dorm since Byulyi have to conduct tution classes in a short while.

"Why do you want to hide the truth from Byulyi noona?" 

"Because I don't want them to get into trouble.

"Then you just allow them to bully you like this?"

"I'm already used to it so it's okay." Soohye said with a smile.

How is she able to smile despite what happened just now???  

This only make Taehyung wanting to know more about her.

"Noona, how much do you know about Soohye?" 

"Soohye have an abusive father who always beat up her mother and her. Her parents divorced when she was 9 and she was sent to the children home because her mother don't have the means to take care of her. Sadly, she get ostracised and bullied by the kids here just because she have intellectual disability. Sometimes, I really take my hat off her because how can she be so optimistic about life when she have been through so many difficult times." 

School have just ended for Taehyung but he didn't feel like going home yet. He headed to the youth home to look for Soohye instead.

He learnt from Byulyi that Soohye's lesson will end at 2p.m but it's already 3.15pm and she have yet to return. Just when Taehyung started to get a little worried, he spotted her walking towards him. 

"Soohye!" 

Soohye seemed a little surprise at Taehyung's sudden appearance but still greeted him with a wide smile. "Oh, hello Taehyung!"

"Why are you so late? I heard from Byulyi noona your lesson end at 2p.m." 

She rubbed the nape of her neck sheepishly. "Uh, my classmates who are on cleaning duty today need to attend other classes so I offered to cover for them since I am free." 

"Soohye is gullible and very kind hearted so a lot of people likes to take advantage of her." Taehyung unknowingly sighed when he recalled what Byulyi told him the other day.

"I don't think Byulyi unnie is here today." 

"I am not looking for her today." His eyes darted around, seaching for any vending machine in sight and ended up spotting one not too far away from them. "Do you want any drink? It will be on me." 

"Can I have strawberry milk then?" 

"Of course." He gripped onto her wrist and pulled her to the vending machine.

Two cartons of strawberry milk came out from the machine after Taehyung done inserting the coins and selecting the drinks.

"Is strawberry milk your favourite drink?" 

Soohye lowered her face, hoping Taehyung didn't notice her sad expression. "Yes because my mother used to buy me strawberry milk to cheer me up whenever I am unhappy or sad." 

However, the latter still managed to catch that. He gently tilt her chin upwards to look at him. "I promise I will buy it for you everytime we meet up okay? So give me a smile now. You know you looked much prettier when you smile." 

In an instant, the corner of Soohye's lips curved upwards when Taehyung started making derpy faces at her.

Perhaps due to his family background, Taehyung never had a true friend because most people who wanted to become his friends are either making use of his wealth or social status. Soohye is actually the first person he considered as a friend because she is simple, kind hearted and unhypocritical.

Talking to Soohye made his mind calm and peaceful so he enjoyed talking to her a lot even though they might be just talking about some random topics. Taehyung doesn't really smile a lot in the past but he found himself smiling more frequently and become a lot more cheerful ever since meeting her.

Soohye got to experience many first time today with Taehyung. For example, visiting an arcade, eating lots of delicious street food and hanging out with a friend for the first time. 

There are a few times Soohye almost fall to the ground because of some people trying to push their way through the crowd.

Taehyung stretched his hand out towards Soohye, gesturing for her to hold it. "Hold my hand and don't let go so that you won't end up falling and injured yourself." 

"Thank you." Soohye thanked him before holding onto his hand.

They passed by a pushcart selling accessories and a particular flower crown with pink roses on it caught her attention.

Soohye suddenly came to a halt. 

"Hmm?" Taehyung looked at her questioningly.

"Can I buy this flower crown? I really like it a lot but I don't have money to buy." She bit her lip and pointed to the flower crown.

Taehyung reached for his wallet and pay for it straightaway.

"You don't have to pay me back the money because this is a gift for you." He place the crown on her head and secure it with the ribbon. "And you looked beautiful." His ears started turning red after realising what he had just blurted out.

"No one have told me that before so thank you Taehyung." Soohye flashed him her sweetest smile.

Taehyung immediately change the topic before he gets even more embarrassed. "Anyway, I think we should start walking back now. We still have 20 minutes more to 10p.m." 

The two of them walked side by side down the street with their hands intertwined.

The other day I heard Jisol telling Hyemi if a boy likes a girl he will let her know by holding her hand. Soohye glanced down at their hands. Does this mean that Taehyung likes me?

She is too immersed in her thoughts so she never realised a person on skateboard is approaching her at a very fast speed. Thanks to Taehyung's fast reflexes, he managed to pull her towards him before she get knocked over by the person.

Time seemed to have stopped the moment they gazed into each other eyes. Taehyung felt himself slowly getting lost in Soohye's beautiful hazel brown orbs while the latter's cheeks started burning.

The two of them only break away the eye contact when Taehyung's phone started ringing. The incoming call is from his mother and he is hesitating whether to answer it or not.

Soohye looked at her watch to check on the time but gasped when she saw it's already 9.55p.m.

"Omo! It's going to be 10p.m soon. I need to go back now. Bye bye Taehyung." She ran off in a hurry before Taehyung could even bid his goodbye to her.

His lips automatically curved up into a smile when the image of Soohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter