Final

About Loving

Byulyi had never dated before.

Whether it was during her junior high, senior high, even until her college years.

She just smiled when her friends talked about their love stories or crushes, and she patted their back and gave them hug when they broke up or something miserable happened. She got a gist of how dating and loving someone might feel.

Heck, she could even give wise dating advice, since being an attentive and sensible person she was, many friends had come to her and asked for consolations during their love struggle.

But never did she experience it herself.

Love was like a mere theory to her; understood, but not felt.

She never thought deeply about that before, instead she focused on improving her study, traveling, and doing the stuff she was interested in, like dancing and composing songs.

That had always been how Moon Byulyi lived her life. And she thought it was perfectly okay.

However when her mother—who had always been saying “It’s okay you’re still young, learn more”—asked her, in a serious manner, to date someone, just then Byulyi wondered to herself.

Why had she never dated?

She admitted that she had never been an elegant, feminine lady and dressed in the latest trend like how her friends would. The most make up she would put on during party or formal event would be eyeliner and concealer—and she thought it was enough. She never wore revealing dress or skirt to attract men like how her friends would, and she never tried to look tall and slender by wearing these pairs of painful heels—because she already was.

She could cook and clean her apartment by herself. She read books and didn’t go to the clubs. She could change the LED bulb by herself, and she could chase the cockroach away from her bathroom.

She played the guitar and drove a car, and she eventually came to a conclusion;

Men liked a stylish, feminine lady whom they could show off to their friends, a weak woman they could protect, and one that they could impress. And Moon Byulyi had never been that kind of lady, she realized that. Even some friends had blurted out, ‘Why don’t you try to act like a lady?’ or ‘You’re like a man, dude.’

She was surprised to hear such things at first, and it kind of hurt.

She was a woman, and never had she wanted to be a man. Was it so wrong for a woman to be independent? Was it so strange for a woman to prefer jeans and shirt instead of a dress or skirt? Was it so wrong for a woman not to curl their hair every single day and bring around a designer’s bag?

She thought that perhaps, she hadn’t found a man who was worth of her independency; who would not be intimidated by her capability. She lived day by day, improving herself while believing that one day that one-in-a-million man would come to her life and made her feel all the feelings her love-struck friends felt.

However, she was wrong.

She knew why she never squealed together with her friends when the campus crush—a chaebol from the culinary business major—passed by and winked at them. She wanted to puke instead.

She realized why she never cried over a boy group member who was revealed to be dating, like how her friends would.

She also realized, why she always thought men were so blind and clueless that they tended to hurt their lovers. Women were easy to understand. Byulyi knew how to make woman happy and to treat them right.

It was all because she was gay, she eventually acknowledged.

No wonder that once-in-a-lifetime man never came to her life, because a woman did. And not just some random woman, but a dead drop gorgeous, kind, witty, and y lady with the name of;

“Yongsun,” Byulyi breathed, her giggle was inevitable as she rolled on top of the other woman. Yongsun grinned widely, her eyes disappearing to crescent shapes as she cupped Byulyi’s face. Her thumbs rubbing softly against Byulyi’s clear cheeks.

“Good morning, Byul-ah. Did you sleep well?” Yongsun flashed a warm smile, and Byulyi couldn’t resist the urge to nuzzle her face on the older girl’s neck.

“Hmmm,” she hummed lazily in response and left a couple of light pecks on the neck before shifted slightly to face Yongsun. “Could’ve slept longer if you didn’t disturb me, though.”

“Oh I would love to let you sleep longer, baby,” Yongsun cooed as she gently slipped Byulyi’s blonde hair behind her right ear. “But didn’t you say you got a meeting at 9?”

Byulyi’s eyebrow raised for a second before she smiled appreciatively at Yongsun’s attentiveness. She remembered she only told Yongsun once about her schedule that morning, and it was only in the form of grumbling before they both drifted to sleep.

Byulyi had always been a caring nature, and she had learnt not to expect the same level of sensibility from other people. Through all these years, she had learnt that not everyone could understand other people as well as she did, and not everyone could sit still and listen to other as well as she did. No one could, honestly. Except her mother.

And now Byulyi could proudly add another exception; Kim Yongsun.

It still amazed her to no end how Yongsun could understand the way she felt with just a glance of eye, or how she remembered the little things Byulyi said or did—which also worked as a gentle reminder for Byulyi to never, never ever hurt Yongsun, since the latter would not simply forget a single thing.

She had always thought that caring and loving were different things. Caring was one thing about treating someone good, appreciating, respecting, and all.

However loving was on another level.

Loving wasn’t only about that person, but also about giving ourselves; attention, time, money, energy, and further, about opening up, admitting our vulnerability and weakness—which was the tricky part, since there was a chance that the other person would not accept us as whole, and it would break us to pieces.

But damn, Byulyi could’ve sworn that loving Yongsun was somehow the easiest thing to do.

Firstly, what was not to love about Yongsun?

Her smile? Breathtaking—if that wasn’t the first thing that caught Byulyi’s sight. Her humor? Fitted. Her attentiveness? Priceless. Her kindness? Lovely.

Her intelligence, passion, and wit? Very y.

Don’t even get Byulyi to talk about Yongsun’s body.

And Yongsun made it easy for her to open up, since the latter did the same to her. Yongsun always found a way to make her feel needed and precious, and treated her the way she always imagined how a lover should be treated—even better.

Sure, since they were both rather confident with themselves and stubborn, sometimes arguments were inevitable, but they always managed to resolve it. Byulyi and Yongsun agreed that talking things out was so much better than having a cold war.

It sometimes sent shivers down her spine to think what she would do if one day Yongsun ever left. Because, indeed, she was a once-in-a-lifetime woman. That amazing woman was hers, and she planned to make it last for a long, long time.

 

“What?”

“What, what?” Byulyi asked back with a silly grin plastered, unconscious that she had been staring at Yongsun’s bare, flawless face for some time.

“You know, you’d better get your y off to the bathroom now if you don’t want to be late for the meeting,” Yongsun scoffed as she pushed Byulyi off her and sat up, leaning to the bedpost. “It’s already 8.10 or something.”

“, you’re right,” Byulyi mumbled and climbed off the bed, rushing to the bathroom like a thief chased by cop.

Yongsun smiled and shook her head slightly at the younger woman’s silly behavior. She got off the bed as well to prepare Byulyi’s working attire and make up the bed. Fixing a quick breakfast for them both was on her list up next, before preparing to go to work herself.

However as she settled Byulyi’s shirt on the bed, she got surprised as suddenly the blonde stormed out of the bathroom without pants—only in her underwear and loose shirt—and pulled her by waist.

Their eyes met and Byulyi’s eyes flickered down to Yongsun’s pink lips, and she took no second longer to claim them.

Yongsun’s eyes went bigger for a second when Byulyi kissed her, but then as Yongsun deepened the kiss, she closed her eyes and encircled her arms around the other woman’s neck.

Byulyi’s lips were the softest she had ever tasted, and every time they kissed, Yongsun just had to show her aggressive self, since Byulyi’s kiss used to be so gentle, like she was afraid to break Yongsun. 

They parted from the kiss slowly, breathlessly, and the butterflies in Yongsun’s tummy went wild as she saw Byulyi’s shy smile and red ears.

Oh God.

Even after all these joking, sharing, arguing, and loving they did, it never failed to amuse Yongsun how Byulyi would eventually get all shy and flustered every time the younger woman initiated something intimate.

Confident, independent Byulyi was such a beauty, but shy Byulyi was truly adorable.

“Oookay, what was that sudden pant-less kiss for?” Yongsun teased and smacked Byulyi’s clothed bottom.

Byulyi’s eyes met hers again, and just before the latter smacked her bottom as hard and ran back to the bathroom, she said,

“Good morning, thank you, I love you.”

 

 

 


Okay that was it.

I hope you enjoy the ride :)

Feedbacks are always appreciated <3

-melts-

:]