Final

A Will

It was recess time and students were seen mingling around, eating snacks in cafeteria, making up on their sleepless night because of the endless homework, chatting animatedly with their friends, even studying last minutes for upcoming test. For Myungsoo, this time was perfect to catch up on his Manhwa. The story started to get complicated when the main girl knew that his boyfriend was cheating on her with her sister. Not that Myungsoo liked this kind of story -he preferred the adventurous, more action less drama- but this genre suited his mood just fine. He took it as his exploring the vast amount of literary work. Yes, everything with stories and plot was a form of literature for him. Everything his eyes could devour literally. No pun intended.

So that was why, Myungsoo found himself a seat in the bleachers. He faced the basketball field where some boys could be seen playing 3 on 3 then opened his dog-eared page and started to read.

Some pages later, he sensed someone loomed over him and he tilted his head to see the person. Howon was smirking down at him then he took a seat beside Myungsoo, and put his feet on the seat in front of him, perfecting his position.

“Reading in this fine weather, Myungsoo ah? Ckckck..I pity you..”  

“It’s better than just lazing around, doing nothing and bothering people..” Myungsoo said while eyes still on the pages.

“Who says I am doing nothing? I am enjoying the view..” Howon smiles evilly looking at something far on the field.

Myungsoo turned his head to the direction Howon was now looking at and his eyes doubled in size for a second. The cheerleaders of school’s basket club were there, yelling their slogan as they made their formation. It was not their performance Myungsoo taken aback with, more like their costume. The purple black combination of the skirt, which was very short Myungsoo swore he could see their albeit far away and short crop-tees showing off their flat stomach.

“See? I am enjoying the view..” Howon put his hands behind his head leaning back on his seat.

Myungsoo threw Howon a dirty look then went back to his abandoned pages. The recess was almost over and he had many pages left. He tried to get his focus back on his story and tuned out the sounds around him.

As loud and distracting the people around him and he could feel the sun hot above his head, Myungsoo found that he was at peace. He could easily read in the school library yet he never found the place to be suitable for him. The library was too quiet. Myungsoo always had this eerie feeling when he was there, like someone was watching him even though Sungyeol said that it was just his fear showing up after reading too many horror stories, because well he also enjoyed reading the scary ones too. Nevertheless, he never liked to step inside the library other than looking for textbooks he needed, which was seldom.

Aside from the library, there was also the Reading Club Corner at the school and Myungsoo had to compliment whoever was in charge of decorating the room. The place was well lit, filled with some cozy sofas and chairs also tables for students who liked to read in there. But nothing beat the charm of floor-to-ceiling bookcase placed in the room. There are many sections available, from light reading as in magazine and short stories to educative journals, literary works, and copies of professional thesis. Myungsoo was sure that it would take him years to finish the collections. That, if his brain did not get damaged first from the number of words he had to comprehend. So, the bleachers was the ideal place for him to scrutinize the pages of his beloved Manhwa.

However, the sound of a ball hitting the concrete floor repeatedly hit his ears. He pretended to not hear it but after many attempts he gave up on his reading. He looked at where the boys were playing. Because when it was true that initially he wanted to read in peace in the bleachers, he had another intention.

One of the boys was caught immediately by his eyes. Sunggyu was dribbling, pivoting, doing some tricks then passing the ball on quick pace to Woohyun, then ran toward where the ring located. He signalled for his other teammate, Sungyeol, to give him the ball, and when he got it, he ran more until he was near the ring then shot the ball. The round thing entered smoothly, spinning for a while then fell on the concrete floor.

“Yeay! We win! Yeay! You have to treat us! Woo!!” Woohyun, was bouncing happily while giving thumbs down to his opponents, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Minsuk.

The three boys only groaned and proceeded to the side of the field, feeling thirsty as they were playing for the entire break time. They grabbed their bottles and chucked them down ignoring how Woohyun still jumping around.

Sunggyu only shook his head and direct his gaze to Myungsoo and Howon sitting on the bleachers. He waved to Myungsoo which waving back to him. He jogged to the bleachers and flop himself on one seat behind Myungsoo’s and Howon’s row.

“How about the game? Did you guys enjoy it?” Sunggyu asked the boys while casually slung his arms on Howon’s and Myungsoo’s shoulders

Howon recoiled from Sunggyu’s touch, “Eww hyung! Go away from me. You are wetting my shirt,” he says disgustingly as he threw Sunggyu’s arm away. Sunggyu was sweating buckets which made his hair glued on his face, and his arms glistened under the sunlight. No doubt the fruit of his basketball game.

Sunggyu only chuckled and placed the rejected arm on Myungsoo’s other shoulder. It was like he was backhugging Myungsoo. He put his hands together, trapping Myungsoo in the process. Myungsoo unconsciously leaned backward till the top of his head had contact with Sunggyu’s jaw.

“How about you Myungsoo-ah? Did you enjoy the game?”

Myungsoo could only hummed as he would rather chose to enjoy this moment rather than the game. While watching Sunggyu in his world, playing basketball, being all wet and attractive –who was he kidding, Sunggyu was an artwork- he would pick this over ogling his boyfriend. Being in his arms, however clammy the older was, was enough for Myungsoo.

“See, Howon-ah. He enjoys it,” Sunggyu retorts, glancing at Howon who had his eyes still on the cheerleaders.

“Yes, hyung. We were enjoying the view..” Howon sighed.

“View? What view?” Sunggyu asked. Was the game even worth calling as a view? Myungsoo’s was the more correct definition of view in Sunggyu’s opinion.

“There. That view,” Howon tilted his jaw, directed it to where the cheerleaders were standing with Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Minsuk. Woohyun was nowhere in sight.

“Really? I don’t know that you have a crush on either Dongwoo, Sungjong, or even Minsuk. I am disappointed on you, you could do better.”

Myungsoo laughed after hearing what Sunggyu assumed Howon was looking. Sunggyu also laughed at his own joke, feeling happy to tease Howon. Howon only rolled his eyes and stared back at the girls.

“I wonder how Min Ah will react if she knows her boyfriend is looking at other girls,” Sunggyu continued his teasing.

Howon turned his head to face Sunggyu now, “Well, Min Ah will not react if you guys don’t tell her anything..”

“Tell me what?”

Min Ah came into view holding two bottles of orange juice. She took a seat next to a shocked Howon. She gave one of the beverage to Hoya and kept the other for herself. Her bright big eyes showed curiosity and Sunggyu would be more than glad to give her the answer. He also could see Howon in discomfort. Killed two birds with one stone.

“He was-”

“I love you!” Howon shouted cutting Sunggyu’s words.

The boys could see her cheeks becoming red as the effect of Hoya’s sudden love confession. She bowed her head, playing with the rim of her skirt. Howon was looking at everything but Min Ah while Myungsoo looked at them amused.

He liked Min Ah. She was the typical of A+ student. Quiet, smart, witty, and knew where to place herself. She never talked badly about others, raised her voice or behaved out of context. It was like she was programmed to do anything. There was something controlling all of her move.

She was what the society now opted to call prodigy. She aced in all of her work. Said academic achievement or art exhibition. She did ballet.

Everyone who was everyone in this institution knew her. Many called her as Queenka but she always hated that title. It was established by people who wanted someone to lead them, to make them their pawn, fawning behind them. School was not that, said Min Ah one day, everyone had the same position. No one led, no one behind. Did Myungsoo had mention that she was naïve? 

When Min Ah and Howon opened their relationship, they took the school by surprise. Min Ah was everything but Howon. Howon was loud, incomprehensible by some, not to mention sassy. They said it was a bet, about Howon blackmailing Min Ah, Min Ah giving Howon love potion, even saying Min Ah was a witch. Old stories.

However, Howon said it was not all. He was just in love with Min Ah. Which Myungsoo had to admit that it was romantic and touché if it came from someone else, not Howon who was just eye-ed the cheerleaders’ squad moments ago. Also the knowledge that almost every day Howon said that he loved Min Ah made him itchy.

And if Myungsoo was forced to speak it out, he was jealous. No, not with Howon and Min Ah. He wanted to be Min Ah, to be showered by ‘I Love Yous’ from his loved one. Because sadly, even though he and Sunggyu was in a relationship long before them, Sunggyu never once said that.

Then they heard the bell, making the sounds across the building to the fields, announcing the end of their break. Sunggyu kissed his top of head then brought him up. He searched for Myungsoo’s hand then aligned them together with his hand. They walked slightly behind Min Ah and Howon, Howon’s hand around Min Ah’s shoulders.

 

 

 

“So, that is what you called as urgent matter, hyung?” Sungjong’s voice carried inside the small place.

He was now with Myungsoo, sat on the corner of the cat café. Myungsoo was playing with one of Scottish Fold’s tail.

“O, it was really important to me,” Myungsoo said.

Sungjong sighed then looked at Myungsoo, “Hyung, have you ever heard that action speaks?”

“But, I don’t need action. I need words.”

“Yet, we all know that Sunggyu hyung is not the type of speaking it. Yes, he teases, yes he make annoying acts, but randomly telling someone that he loves them? That is not so Sunggyu.”

“First, it is not someone, it is me his boyfriend. Second, it is not random. He will say it at the right time.”

“Then I assume you already have plan in that brain of yours, hyung?”

“I do. That’s why I called you. You are the one that can help me. I want him to be like Hoya.”

“You want him to be like Hoya hyung?” Sungjong paused, “You are desperate.”

“Call it whatever you want, but please, I need your help, Jongie.”

Sungjong rolled his eyes by the nickname but then he nodded his head. “Okay, hyung. I will help you.”

“Thank you, Jongie! I know I can count on you..” Myungsoo was now had a big smile on his face, showing his dimples.

“It’s alright, hyung. But, first, maybe you want to let go of the cat that you had been squished to death since the start of this conversation.”

Myungsoo yelped when he felt the cat bit him. Turned out Sungjong was right, he was cuddling the cat –tightly- , did not realize that he suffocated the cat. He blew the wound, the blood sipping trough his skin but still he could not seem to drop the smile, when he thought about plan again.

“So, what is it you have in mind, hyung?” Sungjong finally asked the highlight of this afternoon’s meeting.

“I had been to your house, right? I had seen enough collections, books, stack of CDs, your personal belonging..so I thought..”

Sungjong had this confused expression on his face, “Hyung, what do you mean..”

“I want to borrow this one drama.”

“Drama?”

“Yeah, this drama has the same issue with me and Sunggyu hyung right now..” Myungsoo explained.

Sungjong comprehended what Myungsoo said then his eyes widen. “Don’t say that the drama is..”

“Yeah, we have the same thinking.”

“Well, hyung. All I can say is, you really hit the rock bottom.”

“Thank you. And when can I take it?”

 

 

 

Sunggyu opened his front door and came to face with Myungsoo. The younger had called him earlier to say that tonight he would stay at Sunggyu’s seeing as tomorrow was Sunday and they did not have to go to school on Sunday. He also said that he brought some movies for them to watch. Which was rare because usually they would just cuddle and talk, listening to what the TV was on. They did not really fond of watching movies.

“I brought you some food,” Myungsoo said while clearing the dining table.

“Which means chicken,” Sunggyu placed some plates on the table, helping Myungsoo taking out the food from the bag.

“What’s wrong with chicken?”

“There’s nothing wrong with the chicken, there’s something wrong with you..” Sunggyu said.

“I feel loved, hyung. Thanks..” Myungsoo finished arranging the chicken on the plates then bringing it to the living room, where the TV was on with some home shopping channel. Sunggyu on his heel.

“You eat chicken almost every day, Myung,” Sunggyu sat himself beside Myungsoo.

“It’s chicken. Not a poisonous inedible substance,” Myungsoo stubbornly said.

“Fine.” Sunggyu took one big bite of the chicken.

“You will always eat it.”

Sunggyu had to admit that Myungsoo was right. It was just chicken, and he would eat them anyway.

“Why are the shopping thing?” Myungsoo asked with his mouth full of chicken’s .

“Oh, I want to buy a new bed.”

“What’s wrong with yours?”

“I just want to replace it. No special reason,”

Myungsoo was satisfied enough with the answer, returning to his current work, devouring the poor chicken. He got mustard sauce around his lips, yet he did not realize it, too busy enjoying his favourite food. He was just in the process of consuming the next part when Sunggyu smiled slyly at him then kissed him.

The chicken fell from his hand and he brought the chicken-free-hand to Sunggyu’s nape, hinting Sunggyu to deepen the kiss. Sunggyu gladly did his command. He nudged open Myungsoo’s mouth, easing his tongue in, intensifying their kiss.

They were like that for some time; tongues battling for dominance, Myungsoo’s hand on Sunggyu’s body, feeling it under his touch before they came apart. Sunggyu’s lips were a breath away from Myungsoo’s.

 “You have mustard sauce on you.”

“Then, help me, hyung.”

“I will be honored.”

Sunggyu closed the distance again, now placing his hands on each side of Myungsoo’s face. Their kiss got longer this time, yet it gets sweeter. After some time, Sunggyu pulled apart, looked at Myungsoo fondly then placed some kisses on his eyes, nose, cheeks and last peck on his lips.

“You bring some movie?” Sunggyu asked as he plopped back on the sofa.

“Not movie, actually. Drama.”

“Drama?”

“Yes, classic one.”

“What is this with classic?”

“I just feeling nostalgic.”

Sunggyu snorted, “Yeah, right.”

“Anyway, we have to watch this.”

“Okay, put it on already, then.”

Myungsoo stood, walking to his bag, rummaging through it, before pulling out a DVD then putting it on the DVD player. He walked back to Sunggyu, sat beside the older, then hugged him. He put his head on Sunggyu’s neck, cuddling with him on the sofa.

The episode was rolling now.

“Wait this is the last episode?” Sunggyu voiced his question.

“Yes, hyung.”

“Why do we only watch the ending? Shouldn’t we watch from the beginning?”

“Well, basically. But, I have watched the previous episodes, so yeah the ending. Besides, this is the most important episode.”

“Okay then.”

“Make sure you watch it from now till the end, hyung..” Myungsoo said.

“Why?”

“Just because I said so..”

Sunggyu chuckled then ruffled Myungsoo’s hair. “Fine.”

They watched in silence, listening to the characters on the drama playing their role. The scene now was when Hyun Jin Hun just came back from the US and wanted to meet Sam Soon but he was thrown out from her house.

Myungsoo felt nervous. The scene was now nearing where Sam Soon and Jin Hun talking about how Jin Hun never said I Love You in his entire life. That’s what Myungsoo wanted Sunggyu to see. Sunggyu was similar with Jin Hun. They had never said I love You, but in this upcoming scene, Sam Soon would make him speak the words. He smiled while closing his eyes for a while, picturing the time when later on Sunggyu would realize the intention of watching this drama then he would say I love You to Myungsoo. Because Sunggyu was quick to catch the situation and oh how Myungsoo could not wait for it. Myungsoo was sure.

However, what Myungsoo did not predicted before was that he would fall asleep in Sunggyu’s arms. The next time he opened his eyes, the sun was peeking through the window indicating that it was already morning.

He jolted from his position, seeing his surroundings. Sunggyu was also awake, stretching his arms, “Morning sleepyhead!”

“Hyung, did I fall asleep?”

“O, you were. Oh, and you also had this silly smile on your face. What did you dream about?”

Myungsoo gaped. So, he was apparently falling asleep on Sunggyu and..

“How about the drama? Did you watch the drama till the end?”

“Yes, I watched it till the screen black.”

Myungsoo hurriedly held Sunggyu, “Don’t you have anything to say to me then?”

“No. Why?”

Myungsoo’s face fell, “Nothing, hyung. Nothing.”

“Really? Because your expression says the opposite.”

Myungsoo nodded and let go of Sunggyu. He sat back on the sofa. Sunggyu felt something was bothering Myungsoo. He sat beside his boyfriend, turning him around so they were now face to face.

“Really really?” Sunggyu asked.

Myungsoo sighed then tilted his head up, smiling at Sunggyu, “ O hyung, really really..”

“You know you can tell it to me, right. Anything.”

“I know, hyung. But really, it is nothing. Don’t worry,” Myungsoo assured him.

“Okay then,” Sunggyu kissed Myungsoo’s crown then stood. “I am sure showering is in order.”

“This early?” Myungsoo mused.

“This early is nine o’clock,” Sunggyu said while walking to the bathroom.

Myungsoo groaned. He had no will to get up and braced the day. His plan had failed and he did not have any back up plan. Like he should.

“Come join me?” Sunggyu said over his shoulder in front of the bathroom.

Well, at least he would still get some hand-y or blow-y while he cleansed.

“Coming, hyung.”

 

 

 

“So, it failed,” Sungjong nonchalantly said while hands picking through the stack of CDs on racks.

“Yeah. Plainly failed,” Myungsoo was on his side, watching the music video rolling in TV on top of the cashier’s counter. They were in Music Store, browsing through newcomer stocks of the week.

“Is that why, after you ditched him post lunch, now you are here with me?”

“Yeah. I did not have any back up plan.”

“You just wasted a day with your boyfriend, hyung, to be with me. You do realize it, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do. But, I can’t focus when I was with him. I just want him to speak it out, say that he loves me. Is that so hard to ask?”

“Yes. It is Sunggyu hyung.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to retort Sungjong when his phone rang. Sungjong took a peek, “Speak of the devil.”

“Hi, hyung..” Myungsoo answered.

“Hey, Myung. Are you with Jongie?”

“O, hyung. Where are you? At home?”

“No, I just got back from the apothecary.”

“What? What happened?”

“Your wound happened. What were you doing yesterday to get such a scratch like that?”

Myungsoo swallowed his answer, whether to tell him the truth or not. He decided to tell him, “Cats.”

Sunggyu sighed, “I see, then.”

Myungsoo knew Sunggyu was not mad. Sunggyu just did not like Myungsoo to be close with the feline. He had allergy with the furry animal. No, not Myungsoo. Sunggyu.

“You knew about the wound? You did not say anything last night or this morning.”

“That hissing when we were showering was nothing like pleasure,” Myungsoo’s cheeks turned red at that. “I’ll tend to it when you get back from whatever you are doing with Jongie.”

“Yes, hyung.”

“Fine, then. I just want to tell you that, and oh I have bought dinner too.”

“Thanks, hyung.”

“Right, I hung up now.”

“Wait, hyung!” Myungsoo suddenly came up with an idea.

“Yeah?”

“Jongie and I are now in a Music Store and I want to purchase the album that song you sang maybe a week ago.”

“A week ago? What song?”

“Eng..i think it is from Huh Gak.”

“Huh Gak? Let me think first,” Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo was waiting anxiously with Sungjong mouthing ‘What are you doing?’. This idea just came abruptly and he wanted to see whether it would work or not.

“Ah, I think I remember now. But, it was song that dated years back. Do you think you will find the album?”

“Well, I will try. So, what is the title, hyung?”

“It is..”

Myungsoo could not hear the rest of Sunggyu’s words.

“Hello, hyung? Hyung?”

Then, he checked his phone and realized what happened.

“Darn it! My phone ran out of battery.”

Sungjong just shook his head, “I pity you, hyung.”

“Me too, Jongie. Me too.”

 

 

 

The week passed by just like usual. School, working on tasks, school, working on the tests, and school. Nothing unusual happened. It was already Saturday, and the squad plus their boyfriend/girlfriend agreed weeks ago to watch the “Civil War” together. They were now sitting on the café across the cinema. The tickets had been bought and so they just had to wait for the air time.

Myungsoo placed his hand on Sunggyu’s thigh under the table. He tuned out the conversation by the boys and thinking hard. His plan had failed. He could not make Sunggyu said ‘I Love You’ to him and he had no other ideas, still. The impromptu request for Sunggyu to say Huh Gak’s title, The Time To Say I Love You, also did not work. He felt frustrated with himself.

“Aw!”

Myungsoo turned to Sunggyu. The older boy rubbed his thigh. Myungsoo pinched him just now.

“I am sorry, hyung,” Myungsoo placed his hand atop Sunggyu’s and rubbed his thigh too.

“What were you thinking?”

“Nothing, hyung. Eng..Min Ah has not come yet?” He changed the topic.

“No, not yet. Howon-ah, where’s Min Ah? You did invite her, did not you?”

“Geez, hyung. Of course I invited her. She was just got back from her ballet lesson. She will be here in mean time,” Howon answered him.

“She has ballet lesson on weekend? Wow..” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah, tomorrow too. And the other 5 days.”

“When are you going out, then?” Woohyun asked.

Howon smirked, “We have time for that, too. Don’t worry.”

“I am happy for you, Howon-ah. It is almost 6 months you are in relationship with her. Say, the longest relationship you have, playboy,” Dongwoo voiced his feeling.

“I know. I did not think it will be like this too. Because, hey, I just wanted to get into her pants. But then this relationship happened. I had no feeling for her, whatsoever, but now..” Howon paused when he realized the boys had become so quiet and looked pass his shoulder. “What are you looking at? What..” Howon turned his head, his eyes meeting with Min Ah’s.

“Min Ah, that’s not what you are thinking. I am not…” Howon said as he was approaching Min Ah.

Min Ah looked at him with tears b in her eyes then took her leave. Howon also ran yet he was late. Min Ah had gone. He came back inside the café and slumped on his seat.

“She heard it all, did not she?” Howon asked to no one in particular.

“Yes, hyung. She was standing there for a while actually. I thought she wanted to surprise you,” Sungjong replied.

“And she was the one that got the surprise,” Sungyeol mumbled under his breath. Dongwoo elbowed him, gesturing for the tall boy to shut his mouth.

“Howon-ah..you are not serious, right? With your words before..” Dongwoo said.

“It was the truth, hyung. I am sorry. But, it is not like that. Not anymore. Not since I really know her. I love her.”

Sunggyu put his left arm around Howon, “We know it, Howon-ah. You are not like that. Well, not anymore.”

Howon brought his face up, “I screwed up.”

Woohyun agreed with him, “Big time.”

Myungsoo glanced at Sunggyu which looking back at him. Their hands found each other under the table.

 

 

 

Myungsoo squinted his eyes, looking through the glass window of the practice room. The lesson was almost end, said the receptionist he talked to before. He could see Min Ah danced her move along with other students.

The door opened and bunch of girls walking out from the room. Myungsoo went inside, walking to where Min Ah was crouching down, taking off her ballet shoes.

“Hey.”

She looked up then smiled, “Hey,oppa.”

“I am sorry I came in announced. The receptionist told me I can go in,” Myungsoo explained.

“It’s okay, oppa.”

Myungsoo nodded, taking place beside Min Ah, who was now sitting.

“So, you come here on weekend?” Myungsoo started.

“Yeah, and other 5 days.”

“You really work hard,” Myungsoo said.

“I know. But, I love ballet. It has been my forte since I was a child,” Min Ah said while toying with the lace of her dress.

They fell into a comfortable silence. The room was showered by the light coming from the window. The sun had just set.

“Howon is devastated. He is sick,” Myungsoo informed.

“So I heard.”

“Howon did not mean it, you know. What he said at the café. He was not like that. He loves you.”

Min Ah smiled, “I know. I know he was not like that.”

Myungsoo turned his head to Min Ah, “You knew?”

“Yes.”

“But you did not say anything,” Myungsoo said.

“I like to see him suffers.”

Myungsoo gaped, “Are you really Min Ah?”

Min Ah giggled, “Yes, oppa.”

Myungsoo still did not believe what he heard just now. So, Min Ah knew and she said nothing? Acting as if she was hurt, well she was hurt, but said nothing?

After last week, when Min Ah ran from the café, the movie was cancelled, and Howon had been different. He became quiet and felt blue. As far as Myungsoo knew, they still did not have any form of communication. He missed the old Howon. That was why he came to her studio, wanted to talk to her, telling her the truth so that they could get back together.

“Can I be frank with you?” Myungsoo asked after a while.

Min Ah nodded.

“I was jealous of you.”

“Jealous of me?”

“Yeah.”

Min Ah looked at him, urging him to continue.

“Howon always said he loves you. He always profess his love to you every time you were together. Sunggyu-hyung and I..we have longer relationship than both of you, but never once did he said he loves me. So, yeah, I am jealous of you.”

Min Ah was smiling when he finished with his thought. She sighed then looked at Myungsoo right on the eyes.

“It may sounds like a lie, but actually, I am the one that jealous of you, oppa.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, “You? Jealous of me?”

“Yes. Howon oppa always said that he loved me. He supported me, on academic or in this, ballet. But not once, had he ever pick me up from these lessons. Never once he came to my competitions. He also never went to my house, even when my parents already knew about our relationship with him and they accepted it. As long as it did not disturb my study,” Min Ah paused, “On the other hand, you and Sunggyu oppa..you are always together. He waits for you when you have extra class at school. He tends to your wound when you hurt yourself, Sungjong oppa told me. And I also heard from Howon oppa, that he did not move along with his family when his father was placed in another town, decided to rent a small house, so he could be with you. See, I have the more reasons to be jealous of you than you of me.”

Myungsoo listened to what Min Ah said. He realized that indeed what Min Ah said were true.

“It is action rather than words. You and Sunggyu oppa have it. He loves you.”

Myungsoo felt like his eyes finally opened by some force, making him see it now.

“He loves me.”

“Yeah, he loves you.”

Myungsoo grinned then sighed.

“You would laugh if I tell you about what I did to make him admit that he loves me.”

“What?”

“I made him watched this drama, ‘My Name is Kim Sam Soon’ because I think he and the lead character had the same problem. They never once said I Love You to their beloved. At the end, the man told the woman that he loved her, forced by her, but the thing was he finally said it. I thought after Sunggyu hyung watched it, he would realized it, then said the words to me.”

“That’s what bothering you then?” a voice came from the door.

Myungsoo and Min Ah turned their heads. Sunggyu was standing at the door, hands in pockets.

“The receptionist said I can go in,” Sunggyu said.

Min Ah chuckled while Myungsoo lowered his head. Sunggyu had busted him when he told Min Ah about his desire.

“Are you going home?” Sunggyu asked Min Ah as he was approaching them.

“No. I have to go to this place first. Someone is sick,” She replied, showing the content of her bag. Sunggyu could see that Min Ah had wrapped some food inside.

“Howon then?”

“Yes, oppa.”

Sunggyu smiled, “Tell him he is such a baby.”

“I will. Bye Myungsoo-oppa, Sunggyu-oppa,” Min Ah said then she left the room.

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo who was still lowering his head. He smiled then held Myungsoo’s hand in his.

“Let’s go home.”

 

 

 

The trip to Sunggyu’s home was filled with silence. Myungsoo was still shy after he knew that Sunggyu knew about his plan. They sat side by side on the bus, yet they did not talk. Sunggyu had Myungsoo though in his arms, even when Myungsoo did not want to look at Sunggyu.

They arrived at his place in no time. Sunggyu fished out his keys then opened the door. Myungsoo entered first, looking at what usually a clean and tidy place became a haphazard spot.

“What happened, hyung?” Myungsoo asked. The first sentence he said after the constant silence.

“The bed came earlier than I thought. I was trying to assemble it myself. This is the remnant of the materials.”

Myungsoo walked into the living room, careful not to step on the materials. He sat himself on the sofa while Sunggyu stood in front of him.

“I am sorry, hyung.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“For forcing you to say I Love You to me. I am ashamed of myself.”

Sunggyu took place beside Myungsoo, bringing his hands to Myungsoo’s face.

“No, you did not force me to do it. It was me that being ignorant, never realized that I had to say it out loud.”

Myungsoo felt guilty that he made Sunggyu think that he was still not giving enough after all his doing.

“No, hyung. I don’t care anymore. I know you love me, and that’s all I need to know.”

“Yeah. I love you, Myung. I really am,” Sunggyu touched his nose with Myungsoo’s.

Myungsoo choked in his tears. He was crying now. This was what he was waiting for. Sunggyu confessing his heart for Myungsoo to hear.

“Can you say it again, hyung?”

Sunggyu smiled, “I love you Myungsoo-ah. Always will.”

Myungsoo kissed Sunggyu right after his boyfriend ended his words. Sunggyu brought his hands to Myungsoo’s side, caressing him. He pushed Myungsoo until he was on his back with Sunggyu falling on top of him. He deepened their kiss, tasting Myungsoo on his lips.

“Want to check whether the bed is strong enough?” Sunggyu said when they finally came for air.

Myungsoo’s heart beat faster, “Are you insinuating that we..”

“Yes, Myung.”

Myungsoo gulped. They never took the step further. and from time to time yes, but not the actual .

“Yes, hyung.”

Sunggyu grinned. He helped Myungsoo to stand then drag him to his bedroom, where the bed was placed, looking as new as it was.

The next day, a customer service of the company received a review that indeed the bed was on top quality.