chapter vii

color me blue

“it’s too hot for this,” jungkook says miserably. he’s sprawled across the couch in shorts and a thin t-shirt. it’s early june and the heat wave is spreading through south korea like a vice. this is hayoung’s second summer, but this time around she’s old enough to feel sweaty and get grumpy when it’s hot. she toddles around in her diapers, hair pulled up at the back of her head. yoongi copes with the heat by wearing white t-shirts and his lightest clothing, but it’s still too hot to move or do anything too strenuous.

right now they’re outside on their tiny balcony window. the laundry, usually left out there to dry in the sun, has been moved inside. jungkook fans himself outside with one of those handmade paper fans and hayoung is sitting on her substantially smaller, folded playmat. jungkook made lemonade to keep themselves cool, but after drinking three or four glasses, it’s still not enough to keep the heat away. hayoung drinks hers in small sips from her sippy cup; some of it falls down her chin and jungkook slowly moves to wipe it away before it can get sticky.

“hot for what?” yoongi mumbles from where he’s sitting at the doorway of their balcony. his brain is turning to mush; how is he supposed to think? jungkook wipes his forehead with a napkin and sighs.

“i should take another shower,” he says instead. “i already took one today, though...”

“good god,” yoongi peers up at the bright blue sky, absolutely clear of clouds. this is the one instance he wishes for rain. “damn, should we just move up north or something?”

“to - to north korea?”

no,” yoongi scowls. “like, up north - northern...south korea.”

“wh - “ jungkook blinks. “what are we going to do there, huh?”

“i’ll buy us a farm,” yoongi replies plainly. “we’ll be farmers. and there will be shade in the trees or something like that. no - no sun.”

“if we become farmers wouldn’t we need more sun? for like - growing food?”

“don’t use logic with me right now.” yoongi just wants to get away from this insufferable heat.

“do you wanna be a farmer, hana?” jungkook asks, tapping her nose. “farmer. farmer.”

“fama,” hayoung repeats, before devolving into babble. she spits a little, drool dribbling from her chin while she talks; because she’s not wearing a shirt, jungkook has to continuously wipe . she’s trying to build up a tower using her blocks, and by the time she reaches four or five blocks tall, it falls down because her arms are too short to reach the top and she has to start over. yoongi thinks she might be enjoying it, because she giggles every time it happens.

“i want to go to the sea again,” jungkook says wistfully. he pushes at yoongi’s shoulder briefly. “take me back to the ocean.”

“i’m not driving two hours there again, babe.”

“ugh my god.”

“i don’t get it, the air conditioning should have kicked in by now,” yoongi sighs in frustration. “is it broken?”

“if it was, eunbyul-ssi would have been outside like us,” jungkook points out. yoongi grunts. looking around, however, it seems as though everyone is out on their balcony except for eunbyul. yoongi spies yeonha sitting on her balcony, studying something from her book; beside them are another old couple, lounging together. the whole row of the people to their left are outside, or at least have their doors open. everyone except eunbyul, it seems.

“what if we went to the mall for a while,” jungkook is musing out loud now, completely unaware of what he’s actually saying. “the mall always has air conditioning, yoongi. we could buy hana ice-cream. she likes ice-cream.”

you want ice-cream,” yoongi corrects, because hayoung likes playing with ice-cream more than eating it half the time.

jungkook doesn’t even bother to deny it. “i do want ice-cream. come on, let’s go to the mall.”

“i think eunbyul has air conditioning.” yoongi says it loud enough that it drowns out jungkook’s incessant murmurings about ice-cream. he’s kind of obsessed. “i don’t know why, but i think he does.”

“i want melon bars,” jungkook tickles hayoung underneath her chin. she giggles and bites his hand. it actually kind of hurts because she’s got her teeth now, but jungkook doesn’t even wince. “and - and strawberry. and green tea ice-cream.”

“you don’t even like green tea.”

“i like green tea and honey,” jungkook says defensively.

“are you - are you arguing with me on purpose, right now?” yoongi raises an eyebrow incredulously. “you don’t like green tea. that time hoseok brought it over because you were sick, you bi - complained about it the entire time you drank it. seriously - “

“people change,” jungkook sticks his tongue out at yoongi; yeah, it’s just  for the sake of arguing with him. “jimin-hyung said they had to cancel shooting for today. their equipment was overheating.”

“i think my sweat just soaked through my shirt,” yoongi grimaces. he picks away the shirt from his chest and it takes a while to peel off. “you know what, i’m so done with this.”

“yoongi? where are you going?” jungkook’s question goes unheard, however, as yoongi walks outside their apartment barefoot. he keeps the door open and then knocks incessantly on eunbyul’s door, wiping at his forehead. eunbyul opens not even a minute later, looking ruffled but fine. he’s even wearing sweatpants.

a blast of cool air hits yoongi when the door opens. eunbyul blinks and rubs at his eyes, looking a little cross that he’s been caught looking all ruffled from sleep instead of his usual composed self. “wh - ahjussi?”

“i’m coming right back,” yoongi says, heading into his own apartment. he swiftly takes hayoung from where she’s sitting on the ground, telling jungkook, “bring some clothes; we’re staying at eunbyul’s” - ignoring jungkook’s bewildered expression and his confused, “what?” hayoung makes noises of query, which are mirrored by eunbyul when yoongi just invites himself in.

“uh, ahjussi - “

“my daughter has been crying all day about the heat,” yoongi cuts in, bouncing hayoung in his arms - who is actually kind of not crying but looking around everywhere with big brown eyes - and giving eunbyul one of his most serious looks. “we’re going to stay here until the air conditioning in our place is fixed, alright?”

eunbyul blinks. he looks more human without all the pressed collars and shirts and slacks. “ahjussi, you can’t just move into people’s - “

the doorbell rings, interrupting him. the door, left open by yoongi, is cracked wide open again by jungkook. he peers inside, holding two bags in one hand. “hello? thank you, eunbyul-ah, for letting us stay here for a while!”

yoongi is smug when he sees just how quickly eunbyul deflates and agrees. he even rushes to help jungkook with hayoung’s baby bag and the other bag he’s holding, filled with toys and other extra things for hayoung. he’s learned that eunbyul is always trying to be the polite child in front of jungkook, which is fine by yoongi if it means he won’t have to suffer sweating anymore.

“yeah, okay,” eunbyul mutters. “it’s no problem.”

the dark circles underneath eunbyul’s eyes are pretty easy to make out; he looks like he hasn’t slept well in a couple of days. jungkook makes a questioning sound. “is it exam week for you?”

eunbyul nods. he yawns and says, “i’m going back to sleep.” his footsteps are slow and dragging in the way only students can pull off. yoongi watches him go before bouncing hayoung in his arms once more.

“that was surprisingly easy,” he says.

“did you force yourself into his house?”

“no,” yoongi lies.

jungkook gives him a skeptical look and hands hayoung a block.

/

they go to the mall for ice-cream, eventually, when jungkook realizes that eunbyul literally has no cold treats in his fridge and he’s still in the mood for it. yoongi looks at his wallet and tries not to spend all of it on a new air conditioner that he sees in the mall window; jungkook has to physically drag him away from the wonder that is cold air. hayoung is strapped neatly in her stroller. they dragged eunbyul along too, because he looked pathetically sad when he woke up later on only to find that they were leaving. like a kicked puppy, in all honesty.

“we should buy her new clothes soon,” jungkook says as they walk past a display. “she’s growing out of the ones she has now really fast. maybe we can donate them, or something.”

“or keep them for future use,” yoongi offers.

future use, huh,” jungkook repeats underneath his breath, patting hayoung on the head. she squeals and tries to reach for his fingers, the cuff of her shirt catching onto his ring. yoongi had hurriedly put on any shirt he found in her bag before they loaded themselves into the car. eunbyul, for his part, shuffles behind them both, mostly looking at his phone. everyone once in awhile, he glances around before doing a little nervous movement and returning back to his phone.

nearly everyone else has the same idea as them, because the food court is pretty much filled to capacity by the time they get there. jungkook heads over to a rare empty table and sits down, motioning for yoongi to go and get ice cream.

“why me?”

“i always get it,” he points out, referring to the many times jungkook has run up to the counter before yoongi could even take a step in the same direction.

“those were on dates.”

“they still count,” jungkook points toward the counter again, insisting. yoongi is about to retort, but hayoung lets out a little cry then, squirming in her seat, so he decides to do as his husband says and get the ice cream.

jungkook’s is simple enough; yoongi gets him strawberry and chocolate, because even though he may go around and try different flavors he always goes back to this default. yoongi gets mint chocolate chip for himself and a small kid’s size vanilla cone for hayoung. he pauses, unsure of what eunbyul would want. in the end, choosing at random, he goes for the cookies and cream ice cream and figures that he’ll just switch if eunbyul wants anything else.

yoongi pays and brings the tray over to their table, where jungkook has hayoung sitting on his lap. she looks inordinately pleased, like some plan of hers has gone off well, playing with the ring on his pointer finger.

“chocolate and strawberry?” jungkook asks, smiling a little. yoongi understands what he isn’t saying - you still remember?

“yeah, well, you’re easy to please,” yoongi retorts, trying to hide the embarrassment in his cheeks. he sets eunbyul’s bowl down in front of him, absentmindedly ruffling the kid’s neatly combed hair (he spent thirty minutes in his room finding a short button down and khaki shorts - like who does that?). “eat up, kid.”

eunbyul freezes, looking like someone dunked him in cold water, before he scratches the back of his head. “ah, thanks, ahjussi.”

yoongi waves it away, telling him to eat. hayoung has gotten a hold of her cone, and now she’s attempting to shove it all in in one go. yoongi pulls her hands away slowly, so she doesn’t notice, but of course being the sharp girl she is hayoung makes a sound akin to a car alarm when he does.

/

“my cute little niece,” jimin coos, tickling hayoung underneath her chin. “that ugly taehyung isn’t here to take your attention away from me, is he? is he? that’s right, we’re going to rule the world, you and me, and your uncle taehyung will always be left wishing.”

yoongi snorts. “what’s the score?”

“one hundred and two to ninety nine,” jimin says primly. “i’m winning.”

“by three smiles.”

“three more than kim taehyung!”

“hyung, she smiles at the stove,” jungkook says from where yoongi is keeping him still by plopping his head in jungkook’s lap. jungkook tends to do this often to him, and he’s never really understood why until he did it himself and slept on the beautiful softness and comfort of jungkook’s thigh. bodies are actually pretty good pillows. jungkook is absentmindedly threading his blonde hair through his fingers. yoongi doesn’t do that, but it feels nice when jungkook does. he should do that the next time jungkook uses him as a body pillow. “you’re not really getting genuine points there.”

“hayoung loves me,” jimin sniffs, in the way of the crazily obsessed. he turns back to her, making small noises and garnering her attention. she had been trying to crawl her way to jungkook and yoongi on the sofa, giving up halfway to pay attention to jimin’s glinting rings.

“loves your money, you mean,” yoongi interjects.

“are you trying to say our daughter is a gold digger?”

“she digs up my money for sure,” yoongi retorts, raising an eyebrow. he can see the curve of jungkook’s eyelashes from here. “those eyes are dangerous.”

jungkook smiles, and his eyes crinkle into crescent moons. yoongi’s breath catches briefly, just for half a second. like that, he thinks to himself.

“you’re going to spoil her rotten,” jungkook says teasingly, continuing to do his calming hair . no wonder hoseok likes this ; yoongi is getting sleepy. “build some immunity. just a little bit, okay.”

“uncle jimin will buy you everything papa and daddy doesn’t,” jimin promises, making a funny face that elicits a giggle out of her. from behind them in the kitchen, taehyung’s voice booms, “you’re cheating, park jimin!

“you’re a er!” jimin yells back, patting his cheek at hayoung for a kiss.

she gives him a wide-eyed look of confusion before jungkook calls out, “hana, kiss! give uncle jimin a kiss. who is uncle jimin?” hayoung turns around at the sound of her name, and jungkook pats at his bottom lip with a finger. “kiss!”

she stares at him for a moment before turning back to jimin. slowly, she leans forward and plants a wet one on jimin, who looks so elated he might as well have made a million bucks. as hayoung pulls away and laughs her little giggle (that sounds half like a fart, half like bubbles popping) taehyung is at the edge of the carpet with a look of betrayal painted across his features.

“song hayoung,” he says in anguish, dropping to his knees, “how could you give your heart to another man?!”

“someone please save me,” yoongi groans, voice muffled into jungkook’s thigh.

“hyung, stop, you’re going to give yoongi a heart attack.”

“what’s he gonna do when hayoung starts dating?” jimin asks, handing hayoung one of her old ring teethers. she hits it on the coffee table, watching the aqueous insides move.

“what’s dating?” yoongi retorts. “i’ve never heard of it.”

yoongi doesn’t know what jungkook’s expression looks like right now, but he knows that it’s nothing flattering. possibly, it is judgemental or exasperated. most likely it’s both.

“you know, the thing you and kookie did before you two got hitched,” jimin says, grinning. “taehyung, the hell are you doing?”

don’t curse, hyung.”

jimin smiles nervously, scratching at his temple. he seems a little unnerved by jungkook’s glare. his voice squeaks when he says, “sorry?”

“yoongi already curses so much. hana will go to preschool yelling out indecent language.”

“at least she’ll go in style,” yoongi mutters, but that only earns him a pinch to the side.

“hayoung-ah, love of my life,” taehyung wheedles, back on the floor in front of her, “please do not forget your uncle taehyungie! i am the best uncle, i promise you. who gives you the cutest clothes? i do.”

jimin scowls and tugs on taehyung’s pants to drag him away from hayoung. “what is that? what lies? what - hayoung loves me more, get over yourself. how desperate can you be, kim taehyung?”

“for song hayoung,” taehyung suddenly sits up, hair standing on all ends due to static in the carpet. “i am the most desperate. how come i don’t get a kiss?”

yoongi feels more than hears jungkook’s sigh.

/

“bath time,” is the first thing jungkook says after he comes back from the bathroom. now that yoongi strains to hear, the sound of rushing water is evident. jungkook gives hayoung’s tummy a tickle and settles her on his hip. “c’mon, papa.”

“what, i’m taking a shower later.”

“you’re taking a bath now,” jungkook corrects. “c’mon, you lazy bum. stop wasting so much water; do you know how much that bathtub is? and how small hana is? and we can’t give her showers, you know that.”

yoongi, who does indeed know that, groans. “it’s 2 in the afternoon. later?” he’ll just be sticky again with the heat.

“now,” jungkook nudges him with hayoung’s foot. “i put your clothes in there already; just set up the bubble bath and turn off the water. and get in, too, you’re washing her today.”

“you getting her out of her clothes?”

“yeah,” jungkook heaves hayoung up, throwing her in the air and catching her. “hana, bath time!”

baf!” hayoung shrieks, laughing as jungkook catches her again.

yoongi gathers himself up and pulls aside his shirt and relishes in the breeze for a second. though their air conditioning still isn’t fixed, the heat is not as bad as it was a couple of days ago. at least now yoongi doesn’t feel like he’s melting on the sidewalk. he shrugs off his shirt as he’s going into the bathroom, putting it into the half empty hamper in the left corner. his shorts go in there too, but the boxers stay. the water is cool and refreshing in the tub; yoongi fumbles a bit with hayoung’s bubble bath, but eventually opens it up and pours a generous amount in. he’s stirring up bubbles when hayoung is led in, her hair free, a towel around her small body.

“look at who has their rubber ducky,” jungkook introduces, and hayoung brings out her plastic pink duck at the mention of it. she has a bunch more that still have yet to be used, because she’s awfully fixated on the pink one. there are even teeth marks from when she tried to chew on it.

yoongi puts in a couple of toy boats, watching them float in the water. he hasn’t had a bubble bath in ages.

“daddy took a shower this morning because he forgot that it was bath day,” jungkook says, nuzzling hayoung. “it’s okay, papa is here to hold you. we need to shampoo your pretty hair.”

“give me my baby girl,” yoongi says, holding out his arms.

“baby,” hayoung repeats, pointing to herself. she leans toward yoongi and cuddles with him, noting his lack of shirt. giggling, she pokes his , probably wondering what the hell it is. yoongi pinches her chubby cheeks.

they both get into the water together, which is now pleasantly warm and filled with lavender scented bubbles (baby friendly). jungkook is picking up the fallen shampoo and soap that fell in the commotion, as well as yoongi’s shampoo.

hayoung, for her part, is delighted to be in the water. it takes yoongi a moment to get used to the feeling of having his boxers soaked through, but after a minute he doesn’t even notice the difference. hayoung leans forward to play with the bubbles and he makes sure that she doesn’t fall too far or accidentally inhales water. she puts a couple of bubbles on her hair, on yoongi’s arms, on the pink duck - basically, anywhere her little arms can reach.

“bring her here,” jungkook instructs, motioning for them to come closer. he has shampoo in his hands, and when yoongi shuffles forward, he puts it in hayoung’s hair, carefully washing her hair while she’s busy. hayoung is too busy playing with yoongi’s fingers; he’s making funny shapes with them, and when she tries to catch one of them, yoongi moves his hand away. it keeps her busy. her head is soon a soapy bubble itself, black locks stained with white shampoo. it smells like - well, like the scent yoongi has gotten to associate with baby and hayoung. there’s really no other explanation for what it smells like, really.

“dada,” she whines, patting yoongi’s hand. she lets a string of incomprehensible words and huffs.

“i know, i know,” jungkook says absentmindedly. “is papa being mean?”

“papa.” she says sadly. it’s what she does; she’ll listen to someone talking and instead of trying out new words, she’ll just repeat what she doesknow in a different tone that conveys what she’s trying to express.

yoongi leans down and smacks a big kiss on her soapy cheek. “papa loves you,” he tells her, tickling her tiny wet skin. she giggles and pushes back against him. jungkook slaps him on the shoulder, telling him to keep hayoung still or else i’ll get this in her eyes, yoongi!

“do i get a scrub down too?” yoongi asks, raising his eyebrows.

“no.”

he holds back a smile at the prompt answer. “i’m in here already, and i’ll keep her captive if i don’t get one.”

“she’ll get a cold, don’t do that.”

yoongi grimaces, because hayoung being sick is never fun, but he decides that if jungkook won’t call him out on his bluff then why not have a little fun? “she’ll be fine. c’mon, i’ve got my hands full with holding her.”

“you just gotta hold on for a couple more minutes, then i’ll take her and you can finish,” jungkook says.

yoongi moves them both away from jungkook’s grasp. he can’t really come toward them more, because he’s sitting on the wider edge of the bathtub’s side, and if he goes closer, he’ll get his clothes wet. with a raised eyebrow, jungkook gives him a disbelieving look. “are you serious?”

“soap me down, babe,” yoongi jokes, and jungkook throws a rag at him.

a little smile crosses his face, and yoongi knows that’s nothing good. “alright, fine,” he agrees a little too easily. “come here, i’ll do your hair too.”

“really now,” yoongi says, a little wary. “what happened to the kid a couple minutes ago that looked like he wanted to rip me a new one?”

“you’re being dramatic,” jungkook rolls his eyes. “hurry up, i’m getting cold.”

“you’re not the one who’s soaking wet,” yoongi points out, but moves forward anyway. hayoung is left with her semi clean hair, all rinsed out and nice. yoongi will soap her down later, cleaning her little hands and her little feet, but now she’s happy to slap her palms against the water and splash her heart out.

jungkook takes yoongi’s shampoo and lathers it in his hair, which is starting to show black roots from the blonde. yoongi thinks he might just dye it back to brown or black or something; it’s too much of a hassle to keep it light colored anymore. at first it’s nice, jungkook’s fingers scratching on his scalp, but then he tugs a little viciously and yoongi ends up cursing.

don’t - “

“curse, i know; maybe you shouldn’t pull that hard, jesus,” yoongi grumbles, wincing at his aching temple.

“what’s that? i’m sorry, didn’t you want me to - “

“you vindictive little - thing,” yoongi says, half in admiration and half in incredulity. “fine, you want to be like that?”

“what are you doing - “

yoongi grabs jungkook’s wrist and yanks before he can realize what’s going on. he loses his balance - having kept it precariously still before - and makes a noise of pure panic before he rears back to not fall on hayoung. it makes him slip and fall halfway into the bathtub, his shirt and forearms drenched in soapy water. his bangs come out wet and there’s bubbles on his nose.

jungkook sneezes. he looks at them both blankly for a second before, “i’m going to kill you.”

he splashes water in yoongi’s direction, accidentally getting some up his nose. hayoung has moved to the side, and now she’s just watching her parents act like five year olds with the biggest, toothiest smile and a good amount of clapping. she bounces on yoongi’s knee in excitement.

yoongi coughs to get the burning out of his lungs. “you started it.”

“you didn’t have to pull me in!”

“i was being a loving husband. we could take a couple bath.”

couple bath,” jungkook repeats, deadpan.

yoongi pats jungkook’s face with the wet rag, watching him splutter. “hayoung’s gonna get a cold, what are you doing? c’mon, hand that towel over here.” it takes all of yoongi’s self restraint not to laugh.

min yoongi you - “

dada baf!” hayoung shrieks. she moves toward jungkook, because jungkook usually gives her a bath whenever he can to save water. she gurgles and pulls at his shirt, now drenched. yoongi can see the outline of his stomach and the top of his hip. he looks away because this is not a good time, really.

“i hope you enjoy bathing in your dirty baby bath water,” jungkook says, petulantly splashing yoongi with water one last time. “hana, lets go change clothes, baby. someone got me wet.”

“you’re welcome,” yoongi says as he stretches out his legs in the water. it’s nice; he hasn’t had a bath in a while, but he’s always enjoyed them. it’s always been a time to sit back and relax. today’s a hot day, so he can enjoy this, really.

“come out of there before you get all pruny,” jungkook tells him, covering hayoung in a fluffy white towel. he leaves it around her shoulders before scrubbing down her wet hair with another towel. frowning, he asks, “do you think she needs a haircut?”

“probably should get her one before summer hits real bad, yeah,” yoongi says. hayoung’s bangs hang limply in her face, and her hair is long enough to reach her shoulders. “she’s gonna be real uncomfortable in july with all that hair.”

jungkook sets the towels aside and wrings out the bottom of his shirt to the best of his ability. he shakes his head and some water droplets spill on hayoung, making her squeal. “i’ll make an appointment at the barber. ah, isn’t your cousin’s wedding soon? should we buy a gift or give money?”

yoongi sinks deeper in the water. “the hell you wanna get him a gift for? just give him money.”

“hayoung needs a nice dress, too.”

“ah, yeah,” yoongi groans. the only fancy clothes she has is a couple of dresses that are too simple and too thick for her to wear - they’re probably too small, at this point. jungkook’s mom bought hayoung a lot of clothes, but those were mostly for her infancy and when she’d turn three or four. she needs something for now, in the summer at this age, where she won’t feel stuffy or hot. yoongi thinks back to his own closet, pondering. “do you know where my red tie is?”

“red tie? isn’t it in our closet?”

“haven’t worn it since our last date, i have no idea,” yoongi admits. “i think i just threw it in there, or something.”

“i can check? are you going to wear a suit or - “

“suit, please, it’s going to be - an hour or two long.”

“but then aren’t you going to the party after?”

party?” it’s the first yoongi’s hearing of it. he reaches over for the soap and lathers it on his arms. jungkook cradles hayoung close to his chest so she won’t be too cold now. “what party? a family party?” by jungkook’s expression, that’s exactly what it is. “aw, jungkook, hell no.”

“yoongi - “

“no, we’re not going to that,” yoongi says firmly. most likely it’d be at his old house, and there’s no ing way he’s going back there. not to that hellhole. “reception, then straight home.”

jungkook’s lips press together and his eyebrows furrow in that familiar way that tells yoongi that jungkook is about to get his way. “i thought things were good between you and your mom?”

“it is,” yoongi says. “well, it could be - better, i admit, but i’ve been busy. work, and then you and the baby, and then colleagues and all the guys...we still talk.” yoongi thinks to the sparse phone conversations that happen once a month, lasting a couple minutes each. enough to become sort of not strangers. “i don’t care about her being there.”

“then who...?”

yoongi grimaces. the water doesn’t seem warm and pleasant anymore; it’s gotten cold. he rinses himself off and sighs, knowing that he hasn’t gotten a proper clean. most likely, as soon as jungkook leaves, yoongi will take a quick shower. “my dad, jungkook.”

there’s no doubt that he’s going to be there. why wouldn’t he? yoonseob, his cousin - those were the sons, the family members that didn’t  drag him down. those were the family members that carried on the bloodline the “proper” way (what a head, yoongi still boils every time that sentence filters through his head) and those were the family members that his father could call sons of the min household.

what a ing joke.

“get her inside,” yoongi nods to the door. “we’re not going.”

jungkook frowns, and now he does look upset. “don’t pull that crap on me, min yoongi,” he says, voice laced with steel. “this wasn’t okay back in college, and it certainly isn’t okay now, when we’re married with a kid. i’m your partner - if you can’t talk to me about these things, who can you talk to, huh?”

the bathroom is silent except for the sound of water draining. hayoung looks up at jungkook, wide eyed, and puts a hand to his face.

jungkook takes a deep breath in. “we’ll talk about going,” he corrects, standing up and closing the bathroom door behind him. even though he doesn’t slam it, the finality of it can’t be ignored. it’s a good sign as any that jungkook is a little bit pissed off - and yoongi knows jungkook, knows him more than he knows himself. it might be little now, but jungkook will keep thinking about it until he becomes upset enough to getyoongi upset. he groans at the thought and leans his head back against the shower tile.