Part 4: Five Minutes

Do I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 4: Five Minutes

The sun was setting, slowly leaving the town in the hand of darkness. The highways were pretty much crowded, as usual, almost not moving. Just like their routine, everyone was rushing their way home, wondering when their town getting rid of the traffic issue, questioning whether the government did their job correctly. Some were frustrated, some were pissed off, and some were remained still, just too tired to react the same way every day. And it was unsurprisingly cold, even their heater seemed like betraying them. Between those unmoving cars, sitting Kwon Jiyong in his city car with fingers impatiently tapping the steering wheel, he, too, was in rash.

 

How wouldn’t he, when he found something he would not expect on his phone?

It was around midday when Jiyong decided to turn on his phone after so long. It was considered as his first move to bring everything back, to work on his list. After having more than enough sleep, he woke up still with a tiny warm smile, then having breakfast with his American simple cuisine skill, watching random movie on TV, daydreaming on his balcony, then he thought he should start something. He was determined last night, and sooner or later he had to process it, which then led him to finally pull out his phone.

There were so many messages, both text and voice. He read some and he listened some, but it was too many and boredom slowly hit. While laying his body on his couch, Jiyong decided to switch his plan, instead of listening from the oldest messages, he just started it over from the latest one.

And there he found an unknown number, well, there were many unknown numbers, mostly from magazine staff or those showbiz people, but when he played it, he found nothing. He frowned, between confused and curious, but after ten seconds, or probably more, he decided to call it a prank. He was about to move to the next message when he heard a yell, surprisingly from a familiar voice.

“For god’s sake,” that’s Yoon Bomi’s voice, he’s certain. And it stopped his breath. Jiyong immediately pulled his phone from his ear, and bringing to his eye level, almost not believing. He checked it, and yes, it was unknown number.

He was about to wonder why Bomi left him such yell, but then he heard her following frustrated scolding, “–when will you stop, Ji?!”

And just like that, Jiyong jumped from his couch. His brain took control. Walking fast into his room, he grabbed his last night jacket, rushing to the room desk to take one of his car keys, and leaving the room as he had everything he needed on his hands.

It was when he sat already inside his car when a slight smile returned, something tiny but exclaiming hope. He didn’t need long explication about what, why and how it was happened, the message. He didn’t even care if it was a mistake, but one thing he’s sure about, she’s still there, Eunji. And it was enough.

He moved without a plan, obviously, he just needed to get there, that’s his only mission. But then, he found a stranger instead, an old woman around his mother’s age, standing in front of a familiar door, frowned in confusion and questioning. And he didn’t need long to note that they weren’t living there anymore.

Sadly enough, Jiyong couldn’t get any detail from the new resident. She knew nothing, he could tell.

On his way back to his car, Jiyong pulled his phone, a bit panicking, his hand quickly searching for the Winner leader’s number, Kang Seungyoon was always her best friend and he’s sure that hoobae knew where he should go. Up until now, he should thank his brain that worked so fast, it was as if it just woke up from such long sleep and ready to process everything it should be done. But then here we go, the second obstacle.

“Sorry, Hyung I cannot tell you,” Kang Seungyoon said right after he asked him for Eunji’s new address.

“What?” Jiyong immediately stopped marching. A sudden pain greeted his head, oh no, headache was a sense of bad thing and he disliked it so much.

“I promised her,” the younger continued.

Another bull came just when he’s about to start everything. Closing his eyes, Jiyong felt a tiny familiar rage crawling up, “Seungyoon-ah …”

“Hyung, I’m glad you’re back here. But you shouldn’t drag her back too.”

“What you’re talking about?”

Trying to hold his groan, Jiyong started walking again, heading to his car. He could feel the anger slowly filling his veins, heating up his blood. It’s not good at all. He could feel things wouldn’t run the way he wanted. And he clearly knew that his record of controlling himself was pretty bad lately.

“She’s fine, there, without you. And I believe, it’s better if you just stay here, just here.”

When he dropped his body on his seat, Jiyong almost hurt himself because of his sudden frustration. He’s still trying to hold his anger as much as he could though. And telling the truth, it wasn’t easy.

“Hyung, I know I have no right telling you this, but please don’t.”

“Don’t–what? Tell me clearly!”

A challenge.

He could hear Seungyoon was heaving, maybe he’s feeling the same, just like what Jiyong encountered right now, holding this crawling anger inside their body. And by his voice, Seungyoon could probably know that Jiyong wouldn’t bring their sunbae-hoobae relationship on this matter. He just consciously drew a line and Jiyong took it the way Seungyoon wanted.

“Don’t do anything, just stay where you’ve always been.” His voice firm and honest.

It wasn’t the first time, though. To tell the truth, Kang Seungyoon was one of many who used to give him headache whenever he stood between Eunji’s and his relationship. He was always acting as Eunji’s guardian angel, and Jiyong never felt comfortable with it. He was kind, per Eunji’s quote, but it got him some nerve. Admit it or not, Seungyoon’s act occasionally put him as the outsider and Jiyong certainly hated the theory.

But being matured than he could even imagine, Jiyong never let his feeling show up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter