Final

2000 feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyoung is afraid of heights. His parents had found out the hard way when they took him to an amusement park at the age of five and forced him to ride the Ferris Wheel. It was just one of those facts that everyone knew about him. Everyone except his boyfriend, apparently.

For his birthday Jaehyun has gifted him a hot air balloon ride. Doyoung, seeing the the expectant look on his boyfriend's face, had done his very best to look both pleased and excited as he received the card.

"Do you like it?" Jaehyun had asked.

"Of course I do. I love it," Doyoung had replied without hesitation. Nothing made him happier than seeing Jaehyun happy.

"I knew it!"

Doyoung, crushed by the other man's larger frame could only laugh, equal parts relieved and frightened. Relieved that Jaehyun had believed his little act and frightened at the prospect of having to ride in a hot air balloon. He wraps his arms around the man in his lap and holds him close.

In order to calm his nerves Doyoung takes advantage of their close proximity, nibbling on Jaehyun's earlobe. His boyfriend shudders against him and he chuckles again.

"So predictable."

"Oh, yeah?" Jaehyun challenges.

And before Doyoung can answer, Jaehyun has shifted them to a laying position on the couch, his knees straddling slender hips.

"How's that for predictable?"

"Hmmm..." Doyoung hums. He brings the tip of his index finger to his mouth, pondering. He taps his bottom lip once, twice, three times and Jaehyun has had enough.

He grabs both of Doyoung's thin wrists in one hand, easily pinning them over his head. He watches his boyfriend grin wide, his own heart doing a tiny flip. Jaehyun can only shake his head as he says, "You drive me crazy. You know that?"

"That's my job and I'm damn good at it."

Nodding in agreement, Jaehyun leans forward to kiss Doyoung's smart mouth.

It's the night before the dreaded hot air balloon ride and Doyoung can't sleep. He shifts in the bed again, rolling over to face the man next to him. It's too late to back out now and Doyoung sighs, not in the least bit surprised at the lengths he was willing to go to in order to make Jaehyun happy.

As if on cue Jaehyun, with his eyes still closed mumbles, "If you roll around in this bed one more time I'm gonna pick your up and drop you on the couch."

"Sorry, babe. Did I wake you?"

"Of course not. I'm sleep talking."

Even though he knows Jaehyun is joking, he still feels hurt. He puts his back to sleep talking male, opting to hug his pillow instead.

At the lack of response Jaehyun finally open his eyes. He can barely make out Doyoung's form under the rumpled blankets.

"Doyoung?"

Still no response. Jaehyun scoots forward to take the smaller man in his arms. He kisses the top of Doyoung's head.

"Such a good boy. Falling asleep right away."

Doyoung snorts.

"Still awake, I see. What's wrong? Why can't you sleep?"

He feels Doyoung shrug in his arms.

"You nervous about tomorrow?"

"A little" Doyoung finally admit because its easier in the dark where he can't see Jaehyun's face.

"Why? Afraid I'm gonna pop the question?"

Lightning quick, Doyoung rolls back over to shove Jaehyun in the chest.

"Don't joke about that!"

"Who says I'm joking? I think it'd be really romantic, offering you a ring at 2000 feet up in the air."

2000 feet? Do hot air balloons really go that high? I'm screwed.

"It would not be romantic!" Doyoung fires back, determined not to let his nerves get the best of him. "It would be cheesy and cliche and that's not how its gonna happen anyway."

"It's not?" Jaehyun had been making a joke, but Doyoung's small outburst had piqued his interest.

"Of course not. I'm gonna propose to you."

The words fly out before Doyoung can stop them and he's instantly embarrassed. He's grateful, once again, for dark room because Jaehyun can't see his blush.

"Hmmmm..." Jaehyun hums. "I don't think so."

"You're right. It's too soon. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry." Doyoung feels like a fool, an anxious one at that. He sweats, waiting for Jaehyun's response.

"Nah. I'm proposing to you."

"What -"

"Yeah, its gonna be me. Definitely."

Doyoung frees himself from Jaehyun's embrace to sit up in b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter