- Chapter 1 -

You are Me and I am You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhyuk was loudly munching on a pack of chips, the pack he had snatched from a random student of their school while they were stepping out from the Colossal building of North View High… much to Hyukjae’s dismay. Even if the latter had tried repenting his younger, by 15 minutes, brother but like always he had received a blank stare from other before Eunhyuk had plopped a hand full of chips in his mouth and silently raised the bag of chips, offering some to his twin as well.

 

It’s safe to say, Hyukjae’s anger was bubbling deep inside him and he was mentally creating a whole list of Eunhyuk’s wrong doing, so he could narrate it to his parents tonight, as the twins tread through the path leading to their house.

 

Both the boys silently rounded the corner of the street, that had their house perched somewhere in the middle, and their eyes fell on a Moving Service Truck parked in the driveway of the house next door to theirs. Eunhyuk’s eyes lit up in excitement as he came to a skidding stop, making Hyukjae to follow suit but in bafflement.

 

Eunhyuk tsk-ed in half sympathy and half amusement, knowing someone was finally buying the dump house that was thought to be cursed… or at least their whole neighbor seemed to think that… only Hyukjae and Eunhyuk knew what exactly caused the ruckus in that house late at night, with the shutters being closed and open again and again, something vile tapping at the window of master bedroom… the loud shrill sound of door bell ringing at 3 in the morning, but nobody being at the door… or the blood the occupants of house would find painted on their front porch, on random mornings, was actually a special type of paint Eunhyuk had formulated himself that was hard to scrub off just like normal blood.

 

“I know that look…” Hyukjae’s suspicious tone caught Eunhyuk’s attention. “What are you planning this time, Lee Eunhyuk?”

 

“We are getting a new neighbor,” Eunhyuk informed his brother, needlessly, but the shine his eyes held told Hyukjae what he had been thinking was true.

 

“Please don’t chase away our new neighbor this time around, Eunhyuk… I like having neighbors… and you never know maybe our new neighbor has a young beautiful daughter or son that you might like and-”

 

“OR maybe our new neighbor is a young guy himself, who is an utter definition of on legs,” Eunhyuk interrupted his twin’s long preach, with his eyes fixed on a hot and y guy, cladded in a tight black jeans and a bamboo shirt, sleeves rolled till elbows, as he shook hands with the Moving Service guys, clearly displaying his gratitude before the Service truck was being pulled out of his driveway.

 

Both Hyukjae and Eunhyuk watched the hot guy surveying his front porch, which was filled with cartons and cartons of his personal possession, before heaving a tired groan he slowly walked inside the house. Hyukjae had only been able to utter a helpless ‘Eunhyuk!’ when the younger of the two twins darted forward in quick pace. Pressing the doorbell of their neighbor’s house, in a flash he had run to jump over the small wall separating their house and their neighbor’s house, as he hid behind it.

 

Hyukjae, who had seen everything in slow motion had still not wrap his mind around what happened, as he stood still on the side walk right in front of their neighbor’s house blankly staring at the place Eunhyuk had vanished to. He only snapped out of his stupor when the door of the house, Eunhyuk had just rang the bell of, was thrown opened and out came the same handsome guy Hyukjae has seen earlier but this time the guy was also looking straight at Hyukjae before quirking a brow at the young boy, silently repenting him for ringing his bell without a reason.

 

“I-I didn’t d-do it…” Hyukjae raised his hands in surrender, a look of pure panic splashed across his face but the elder of the two gave him a special disdain filled look before snapping shut the door.

 

Embarrassed and seething in anger Hyukjae walked toward his own house just to find a howling in laughter Eunhyuk rolling on the ever green lawn of theirs, just beside the wall he had been hiding behind. Giving a harsh kick to the shin of his younger twin, Hyukjae huffed in annoyance before stomping inside the house.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“Hyukkie?” A loud call of endearment of Hyukjae’s name snapped the said guy out of his concentration as he spun around to face his twin brother, while his hands busy with test papers Mr. Cho had asked him to assemble for him.

 

“Yeah, Hyuk?” Hyukjae muttered, returning his attention back to the task at hand.

 

“The fat ugly tweak called for you,” Eunhyuk informed his busy twin as he came to drape his arm around Hyukjae’s shoulder, peering down to see what his twin was doing.

 

“Who?” Hyukjae asked in confusion, his brows furrowed as he tilted his head to stare at his twin.

 

“You know… that fat Principle of ours,” Eunhyuk shrugged nonchalantly, earning a ‘tsk-ed’ from the slightly elder and responsible twin.

 

“Which part of Mr. Kwon do you find fat?” Hyukjae asked, mildly interested mildly confuse, because the said principle of theirs, was as thin as a dry tree stick.

 

“His nose, duh,” Eunhyuk said, rolling his eyes at his twin for missing out on such a fine detail. And now, Hyukjae had to laugh because Eunhyuk was right… even if their Principle was so thin that it seemed like mere wind might blow him away, his nose was humungous, covering most area on his thin face. “Anyways, that fat nose is calling for you.”

 

Hyukjae grimaced at Eunhyuk’s carefree manner of calling names to the Principle- or many other teachers, who Eunhyuk did not liked- but the elder knew it was useless to repent him… not that he hadn’t tried in last several years.

 

“But why is he calling for me? What did I do? Or might I ask… what did you do this time Eunhyuk?” Hyukjae slanted his eyes suspiciously but Eunhyuk just raised his hands in surrender.

 

“I didn’t do anything,” Eunhyuk said, quickly, giving an innocent look. “You are the head boy of our school… do you need another reason for the Principle to call you?”

 

“Well, I suppose you are right… but we have a class in next ten minutes,” Hyukjae muttered, more to himself, giving a small glance to his wristwatch. “And I need to give these arrange tests to Mr. Cho before the next class starts.”

 

“I can give the test to Mr. Cho if you want,” Eunhyuk volunteered with a shrug, but the disbelieving look Hyukjae threw him was enough to make the younger twin frown in confusion. “What?”

 

“You think I can seriously trust you?” Hyukjae asked with a scoff.

 

“Why not? You need someone to drop off the test and I, as your sweet and cute young twin, wants to help you,” Eunhyuk said, while tilting his head cutely and flashing his, very identical to Hyukjae, gummy smile. Hyukjae looked torn between wanting to go and give the test to Mr. Cho himself and letting Eunhyuk do half of his work while he deals with the Principle. Another second of delay went by before Hyukjae sighed and handed the test sheets to his younger twin.

 

“No funny business,” Hyukjae warned with a small glare, making Eunhyuk to roll his eyes once again.

 

“Geez, have some trust in me, brother,” The younger of the two faked a wounded look before stuttering toward the classroom door. The twins came out of the Class, one turning right- since the Principles office was that way- and the other turning left- since Mr. Cho’s office, or more like Math’s faculty office, was that way.

 

Eunhyuk, deliberately, took small steps toward his destination. Then after half a minute he turned around just to find Hyukjae’s small figure rounding the corner of the long hallways, at the other end. A smirk pulled at the younger’s lips, making a few students to stare at him, but disregarding their interested and curious gaze Eunhyuk spun around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter