One rainy day in May

Rainy days

Jihyo P.O.V

I wake up by the sound of water that's pouring down. At first I think that it must be the shower but soon I realize that it is raining outside.

This is impossible! A groan escapes my lips at this discovery which wakes my roommate. Sana rubs her eyes and asks in a drowsy voice:

"What time is it? Do I need to get up?"

I pat her head softly and tell her accompanied by a sigh:

"It seems like that won't be necessary, Sana-ah. Since it is raining outside going to Everland doesn't seem like an option anymore, or going outside in general."

Her eyes open immediately at this and she asks in shock:

"It's raining? But the weather report promised sunshine for today! No fair..."

She puffs her squirrel cheeks at this and lets out a frustrated sigh. I can only understand her frustration too well. Why does the weather turn against us like this on our only schedule free day?

Sana tells me quickly:

"I'll go look after the maknaes and see if they're alright."

I smile at her knowingly and whisper:

"Talk to her, Sana-ah. I know that she will forgive you and you can be on good terms again. The two of you have always been so close and it would be a shame if this would end now."

Her cheeks are heating up and she says:

"I will, Jihyo. Hopefully you are right and she will listen to me. These past few days have been the worst of my life."

 

I don't know exactly what it was but according to Sana there has been some sort of misunderstanding between our maknae and her which resulted in the latter giving my roommate and friend the cold shoulder for about a week.

Both Sana and Tzuyu clearly aren't happy with this current situation and as leader of this band and friend of both of them it is also in my interest that they'll be on good terms again.

I initially planned to use our trip to Everland for this but it seems like my plan once again failed. While walking through the hallway, in order to cook breakfast in the kitchen booming thunder can be heard.

Ugh, seems like the weather clearly is against us today. Just what could we do as a distraction? If only I'd thought about activities that don't require sunny weather before.

"Nooooo!"

Hu, what was that? Someone was clearly screaming. Quick, where did that scream come from? I can't risk that someone is in danger and suffering like this.

It seemed like it came from the bathroom! I run over there as fast as my feet allow me to and open the door the moment I've arrived at the room.

"What is g..."

My words get stuck in my throat by the sight before me. Jungyeon and Nayeon are in a tight embrace with their lips locked and eyes closed.

This can't be! I whisper:

"I knew it!"

Tears start rolling down my face and I run away as fast as I can back to my room while slamming the door shut behind me. How could I be so stupid?

 

 

 

Nayeon P.O.V

I part from our embrace and ask Jungyeon:

"What was that just now? Did you hear that, too? It sounded like someone was crying..."

She furrows her brows in concern and tells me:

"You think that someone saw us? Why would this person cry though? I was only trying to calm you down because you were scared."

I bite my lower lip and whisper:

"If someone saw us like this they might've gotten the wrong idea. Not everyone is as innocent like you, Yoo Jungyeon."

She looks at me confused and asks:

"Hu, what wrong idea would that have been? I can't really follow you. You're talking cryptical again, Nayeon. Also I can't deny that I am quite innocent despite my reputation."

I roll my eyes though deep down inside my heart is melting at her cute denseness and I tell her:

"C'mon, let's look around and see if we really made someone cry. I could never forgive myself if that should be the case, no matter who it might be."

Jungyeon nods her head and exclaims:

"Let's go! I also couldn't take making someone cry like this, especially without knowing the reason."

At this we leave the bathroom and run down the hallway. We stop when we meet a seemingly flustered Chaeyoung who pleads us:

"If Momo unnie should come your way, please tell her that you haven't seen me. She wants to spend time with me, in order not to have to face her crush but I won't allow that!"

 

Both Jungyeon and I are rather confused at this but I ask the second maknae:

"Chaeng, have you by any chance seen someone running your way and someone that was crying that is?"

My heart drops down when Chaeyoung answers me:

"No, I haven't but since she was the only person that wasn't in our room despite the two of you I guess it must be Jihyo unnie that you're searching for. Sana unnie said that she was still at their room when she left it before."

Oh my God! Why Jihyo out of all people? I can't see her suffer! Without further thought I grab Jungyeon by the hand and run over to Jihyo and Sana's room.

The sight that greets us when we open the door is unbearable. Our usually so cheerful and strong leader lies on the bed with her back facing us, her body shaking heavily while little sniffling sounds can be heard.

Even in such a broken state she is still graceful. I never would've thought that one could cry lady-like but Park Jisoo just proved me wrong.

Jungyeon whispers in my ear:

"This is all my fault! It hurts so much to see her cry like this..."

I can only agree with her on this. We make our way over to the bed and sit down next to her.

 

 

 

Jungyeon P.O.V

This is all my fault! Though I don't really understand why exactly she is crying I simply know that I'm the one to blame for it. I carefully caress her hair and whisper:

"Jihyo-ah, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you and make you cry like this. Are you mad at me now?"

She turns over to me slowly and my heart aches at the sight of her swollen red eyes and tear stains on her cheeks. A sad smile plays on her lips and she tells me weakly:

"I'm not mad at you, unnie. Why should I blame you for having feelings for Nayeon unnie? Actually I am mad at myself for being so insensitive and egoistic for wanting to be together with you, the both of you that is...

I'm a bad friend and I should be ashamed of myself for not being able to be happy if my two friends have fallen in love with each other. Congratulations and I wish you all the best..."

Both Nayeon and my cheeks turn bright pink at Jihyo's words and I whisper:

"Jihyo-ah, I can assure you that there is nothing more than friendship between Nayeon and I. We were only hugging each other before because Nayeon was scared of the thunder and I wanted to calm her down like the good friend I am.

I feel really honored that you have such feelings for me and I also like you an aweful lot. To be perfectly honest with you I am still quite innocent and have never been in love before but since I like the two of you, Nayeon and you, Jihyo-ah a lot and more than anyone else I've ever met before even I would like to give this relationship a try. If you two are alright with that that is."

 

It feels like my heart is aflutter when Nayeon says with tears in her eyes:

"I can't believe that the two girls I love the most in this world just confessed to me one after the other and I would absolutely love to try this threeway relationship of ours."

My cheeks are heating up even more when both Jihyo and Nayeon peck one of my cheeks each and tell me:

"This was the best idea ever! Jungyeon you are a real genius!"

I feel pride swelling in my chest at their praise and I feel like the happiest person when we leave Jihyo's bedroom, my both girlfriends on either side of me.

Now I finally deserve to be called a player, or Casanova though I would never cheat on Jihyo and Nayeon since they are way too important to me.

I can't believe that after all these years Nayeon and I have known each other I've only noticed today that I love her. Guess what Chaeyoung always tells me is true.

I'm really so dense sometimes, especially when it comes to romance...

 

 

 

Chaeyoung P.O.V

A smile spreads on my face once I hear Jungyeon unnie's confession to Jihyo and Nayeon. Finally this dense unnie realized her own feelings.

She's really so innocent sometimes. I had nearly given up the hope that this day would ever come.

"Uhm, what are you doing here, Chaeng?"

Wha! Oh my God. I pant heavily and whisper:

"Mina unnie, you nearly killed me! Are you a ninja, or something? I totally didn't hear you coming. Guess I was too busy listening to Ji2yeon's confessions towards each other..."

Seriously though when did Mina become so sleek? Did she learn this from Tzuyu? She squeaks and whisper-shouts:

"Eep! My OTP is real! Ha, now Momo can't call me a delusional fangirl anymore."

I feel slightly weirded out by the penguin like fandance she performs at this while cheering happily:

"My OTP is real! Ji2yeon is real! Ji2yeon kawaii desu.~"

Okayyy... My cheeks are heating up when she hugs me tightly and twirls me around in the air while telling me happily:

"Chaeng, my OTP is real! Isn't that great?"

I nod my head and stutter out:

"T-that's really amazing, unnie..."

I think I'm bound to faint when she suddenly pecks my cheeks and tells me happily:

"Thank you so much for telling me those great news, Chaeng! You're the best and cutest. I love you! Almost as much as ketchup..."

My heart is jumping in glee at this since in Mina's world ketchup is like God and the fact that she loves me almost as much as it is the highest honor one could get.

 

I whisper while blushing an even deeper shade of red:

"I love you as well, unnie. You're the most beautiful and adorkable unnie ever! My love for you is as red as your beloved Heinz Ketchup."

She has tears in her eyes and exclaims:

"That's by far the most romantic confession I've ever gotten, Chaeng! You're such a charming little midget. Be my seobang?"

Oh my Gawd, the way she said seobang with that incredibly cute Japanese accent of hers is simply too much for me to handle! How could anyone ever say no to this cute penguin?

I peck the tip of her nose and whisper:

"Of course, wifey."

We nearly fly away from the door when it suddenly opens and our three love bird unnies exit the room with that dumb but very satisfied look on their faces that only freshly in love couples have.

They don't even look at us but react immediately just like Mina and I when Momo unnie's voice can be heard from the kitchen:

"Brunch is ready everyone!"

When I take a look on my phone I notice in surprise that it is in fact already 11 in the morning. Wow, time surely passed by quickly, eh?

I can feel the same dumb satisfied grin form on my face when Mina leans onto me and we make our way over to the kitchen with entwined hands.

 

 

 

Mina P.O.V

I can't believe that I confessed to Chaeng after all this time I've been secretely crushing on her and that she returns my feelings! This must surely be the happiest day of my life and to top it off my ultimate OTP became reality.

The fact that we can't go on our trip to Everland anymore and that it is raining outside suddenly doesn't seem to be so bad anymore. I can see Momo winking at her best friend from over the table which sends a blush on my face.

Are we this obvious? Sana shows me a thumbs up and I smile at her at this. Seems like our friends are already approving of us. Chaeng and I are happily feeding each other and to my delight she tops everything she feeds me with my beloved ketchup.

My heart is beating faster when Chaeng suddenly comes dangerously close to me and whispers:

"You have something there."

I freeze as she at this pecks my lips softly and afterwards her own while whispering:

"Ketchup, should've known it..."

I bite my lower lip and at this moment I decide that maybe just maybe I love Chaeyoung a bit more than ketchup but for now I am still too shy to tell her so.

During our seriously delicious and very filling brunch I can't help but notice a certain tension between SaTzu and DaMo. Momo teases Dahyun even more today while Sana and Tzuyu both have odd smiles playing on their lips.

 

Just what is going on here? After brunch I ask Chaeyoung:

"Chaeng, what would you say about doing the dishes together?"

A frown forms on her face at this and she sulks:

"Are you for real? I mean you know that I love you and all but..."

I put my hand on and cover it with it. She widens her eyes and I explain:

"I think that both Dahyun and Momo as well as Sana and Tzuyu need some privacy and we should give them a task which requires them to talk with each other."

Chaeng nods her head in understanding and I squeak slightly in surprise when Jihyo unnie suddenly exclaims:

"That's it! Mina-ah, you're brilliant and I know just the task for those four to do. If you would excuse me..."

At this she basically vanishes out of the room and reappears in the living room where SaTzu and DaMo are currently sitting on the couch while doing anything but talking to each other.

All of us are in awe when suddenly they start to eagerly talk to each other. Jihyo comes back into the kitchen with a satisfied grin on her face and Jungyeon asks her in awe:

"What did you just do?"

Our leader rubs her hands like someone who has just accomplished a difficult task does and tells us mysteriously:

"Let's just say that our day is saved and we surely won't be bored anymore once the four of them are finished with their task."

 

 

 

Sana P.O.V

Jihyo, hopefully your plan will succeed! I steal a shy glance from the object of my affections and a smile forms on my face at the deeply concentrated look on her face.

She's really so cute! In moments like this she always reminds me of a cute pokemon. An aww goes through the living room when Tzuyu suddenly sneezes cutely and rubs her tiny nose afterwards just like a bunny.

Her ears are turning red and she mutters:

"I was so close to being one with my Chi and this stupid sneeze destroyed everything..."

How can anyone seriously be so adorable? I carefully move over to her and whisper in her ear:

"I have no idea about what this Shi thing is but I'm sure that it's not as bad as you make it out to be right now. Just take a deep breath and relax, Tzuyu-ah."

Much to my surprise and delight she hugs me at this and exclaims:

"That was the best tip ever, Sana! Thank you so much for being my mental coach and sending my mind back to the basic things."

Whatever that means if it means that Tzuyu is happy now and I could help her I'm happy as well.

 

The others enter the room and Jihyo asks us:

"Is everyone ready? Who wants to start?"

Tzuyu exclaims happily:

"Sana and I are ready! We're gonna show you the basics of meditation and buddhism today."

We will? I smile at the others though I feel quite unsure to what this cute Taiwanese nerd has planned for me. She whispers in my ear:

"Don't worry, Sana. You simply need to sit down with your legs crossed and close your eyes. Just relax and I'll give you the instructions meanwhile, okay?"

I hesitantly nod my head and do as she told me to. My heart is beating faster once I feel hands on my shoulders and then I hear her whisper in my ear in that serene voice of hers:

"I'm right here behind you. Nothing can happen to you, okay?"

I nod my head slowly and I can feel myself relax under her touch. Her voice calmly gives me further instructions. I can't remember anything she said however since in that state of complete bliss and inner peace my mind was absolutely blank.

Once I hear clapping sounds and Tzuyu's instruction to open my eyes I do so and am surprised to find myself as relaxed as never before.

Tzuyu asks me:

"How do you feel?"

I answer her truthfully:

"Relaxed and absolutely at peace with myself and the world."

She smiles brightly at me and whispers:

"I'm sorry that I was treating you so cold these past few days, Sana. My jealousy was really childish and stupid. Can you forgive me please? I only acted this way because I love you so much..."

My heart breaks once she starts to sob at this and I take her into a warm embrace.

 

 

 

Tzuyu P.O.V

I feel even more stupid when she asks me:

"Who were you jealous of? I had no idea that I gave you reason to be jealous. Of course I can forgive you since I love you very much too, Tzuyu-ah."

My cheeks are tinting in shame and I answer her silently:

"I was jealous of Jihyo unnie because the two of you were constantly spending time with each other and you didn't come cuddling with me anymore like before our comeback..."

Everyone once again cooes at my words which makes me even more embarrassed and Sana caresses my cheeks softly while telling me:

"I'm so sorry for not being able to cuddle with you anymore these past few days, Tzuyu-ah. It was just that Jihyo needed me as her best friend these past few days since she was stressed-out because of our comeback and also her two crushes."

I nod my head and whisper:

"You're really a great friend, Sana. Jihyo unnie can call herself very lucky to have you as her best friend and roommate."

Like on cue Jihyo unnie asks me:

"Would you like to be Sana's roommate, Tzuyu-ah? At least for tonight I could lend you my bed and let you share a room with Sana. I would love to share a room with my girlfriends anyways, at least for tonight."

A smirk forms on my lips and my mischievous side once again takes over as I answer her teasingly:

"Yeah, yeah, I see. You want to spend the night together with your girlfriends, unnie. Please tone it down a bit though, okay? Some people might want to sleep tonight..."

Not only Jihyo unnie's but also her girlfriends' faces turn beet red at my words and Nayeon unnie tells me while fanning her face with an imaginative fan:

"How dare you make such assumptions, Tzuyu-ah? I don't know what Sana and you will do tonight but my girlfriends and I will definitely sleep after such an eventful day. Right, girls?"

 

Jungyeon unnie nods her head once again completely oblivious to what is even going on and Jihyo unnie also hastily chims in by reminding us all of tomorrow's early dance practise.

Everyone is annoyed despite Momo unnie who grins widely and cheers at the thought of her beloved dancing. Dahyun unnie who sits next to her doesn't seem all that pleased and suddenly she leaves the room while mumbling something about stomach cramps.

Jihyo shoots a glare in Momo's direction and said girl gets up while saying that she will check-up on Dahyun at this. Just why can't I get rid of the feeling that there's more to Dahyun's aching stomach than the rather calory filled brunch we had before?

My heart is beating faster when Sana leans her head on my shoulder and whispers:

"Momo is almost as dense as Jungyeon when it comes to things like romance. She's constantly fake-mocking Dahyun but doesn't get that sets the girls hopes on having a chance with her high."

Guess she is right with that...

 

 

 

Dahyun P.O.V

Pabo! Just why doesn't she get it? What am I to her, a toy? My heart isn't a playground and I don't like getting tossed around like a doll.

The worst part is that I have actually hopelessly fallen in love with this epic baka! She might not feel anything when she backhugs me, or tickles me but for me those moments are heaven and could last forever.

What a shame that they can't. Tears are streaming down my face and I back away in fear when I feel someone touching me. My heart is beating faster when it turns out to be Momo and she asks me in concern:

"Are you alright, Dahyun-ah? Is it because of the food from before. Maybe I shouldn't have let you eat the sushi..."

I cut her ridiculous speech off and tell her in a tone sharp as razor blades:

"Hirai Momo, are you really this dense, or simply stupid? I'm not having stomach aches because of the food but because of you and your games!

I'm sick of you playing around with me like I'm some sort of doll, or toy. Can't you see that you hurt me with the way you're treating me? I am such a fool for having fallen in love with you..."

It is silent for what seems like an eternity until suddenly sobbing can be heard and soon this sobbing turns into outright and shameless crying.

 

My heart breaks into millions of tiny pieces when Momo exclaims through her crying while hiccuping heavily:

"I'm *hic* so soooorry... P-Please *hic* can you forgive *hic* me? I'm such a *hic* BAKA!"

I mentally facepalm when I see her slamming her head against the wall but soon I turn concerned and rush over her. She slowly calms down and I manage to make her stop her stupid and dangerous actions by wrapping my arms around her from behind and whispering in her ear:

"If you don't stop that already I'm really gonna be mad at you and not talk to you anymore. I won't come visit you in hospital and buy you flowers, pabo.

A head injury isn't to be taken lightly! You hear me? Also what would I do without you? I need you by my side since I love you and  I would miss your silly jokes if you weren't around anymore..."

What should've sounded funny ended up sounding much more dramatic than planned and soon I find myself lying in her arms as I am crying like a child while she cooes in my ear:

"Sh, please don't cry, Dahyun-ah. I can't stand seeing you sad like this, especially because of a silly person like me. I promise that I will never leave your side and stop making my silly jokes even though you will most likely regret this one later on...

I love you as well, Dahyun-ah. All the silly things I ever did to you were only meant to win your heart. God, I'm such an idiot for not noticing before that I had already won it a long time ago..."

 

 

 

Momo P.O.V

She smiles at me brightly and my cheeks are heating up when she pecks my lips. Acting all casual and like nothing happened she says:

"Oh look, seems like the rain has finally stopped. Such a shame that we couldn't go to Everland. I bet you would've had fun there being a giant kid and all..."

I playfully hit her side and tell her:

"Hey, who are you calling a kid here? You are the one who wanted to watch a Disney movie before and collects stuffed animals..."

Her eyes widen and she exclaims:

"Oh shoot! The movie! Quick, we need to go to the living room before they others start watching it without us. We can't miss the beginning!"

I giggle when she drags me over to the living room at this while we are running in the speed of lightning. Guess she must really love that movie, hu?

I have to admit that I loved it too when I watched it in cinema with Chaeyoung. However I would never give Dahyun the possibility to laugh and make fun of me by telling her so.

This should forever stay a secret and since I know that my best friend is just as ashamed as I am about this fact she won't ever tell anyone.

When we arrive in the living room Jihyo exclaims:

"Sit down, you two. We have just waited for you so that we can start watching the movie."

 

What a luck, it hasn't started yet! My heart is melting at the beginning of the movie which is really so cute! Dahyun is leaning her head against my shoulder and I softly caress her hair.

She purrs like a kitten at this which makes it even more worth it. I'm so incredibly happy that we have finally confessed our feelings to each other.

Throughout the whole movie Dahyun is cheering like a little girl which is so adorable. She actually reminds me of the main character of the movie with her child-like nature.

The movie has come to an end and everyone is very content. I'm on the verge of going over to the bathroom, in order to get ready when Chaeyoung suddenly says:

"This was even better than back then in the cinema, right Momo unnie?"

My face turns bright red at her words and I inwardly curse my best friend for her innocent and direct nature. Dahyun asks me accompanied by a huge grin:

"How was that? I am childish for wanting to see a Disney movie? How very interesting that you watched exactly the same lame Disney movie in cinema, eh?"

I heave a big sigh and exclaim in a defeated tone:

"Alright, you won again! I'm officially the biggest baka in this world. Are you happy now, Kim Dahyun?"

She pecks my lips and whispers:

"You might be a baka but you are my baka, Hirai Momo and yes I am very happy."

 

 

 

~The end~