fin

Lonely Idiots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is Prompt #13: Drunk Strangers

 

 

"Doyoung, I'm so sorry but I think we should break up. This is just not working."

 

He read her text for the nth time tonight and he teared up because he thought of her again.

 

What did he do wrong?

 

Yes, he was the one who decided to put their relationship at risk, making it a long distance relationship. Yes, it was his fault. But he thought it would work because they loved each other so much.

 

Turns out, she was the one who gave up. It turns out that her love for him wasn't enough for her to wait for him to come back.

 

He replied a: "Why? Where did I go wrong?"

 

And what she texted made him cry more, "I fell out of love"

 

What is this nonsense? How could she fall out of love? This is pointless. Doyoung thought.

 

Doyoung felt so sad, he thinks he'l fall into deprssion if he'll stay in his apartment any longer.

 

So he had an idea. A very bad idea.

 

But he will do anything to forget her girlfriend-- ex girlfriend.

 

He wore the best party clothes he had and went out of his apartment. He will have the time of his life. Alone. But not for long.

 

He was on his fifth shot when he noticed that the people around him were having their twins and he chuckled. He was a bit tipsy now.

 

And he forogt about all his morals and threw his body to the dance floor, grinding his body to a randome person. He doesn't even know if it's a boy or a girl. Though he thinks it's a boy. Anyway, he doesn't really care.

 

"Whoa, whoa." The boy said and distanced his body from Doyoung's body.

 

"Hi." Doyoung said, his eyes not focusing at the boy in front of him.

 

"Hey. You're drunk. Go back to your friends, okay?" He said and smiled.

 

"I have no friends."

 

"Oh." The boy stopped dancing and held Doyoung's wrist, "Then meet my friends." He pulled Doyoung out from the mess of bodies in the middle and he could feel himself getting better just by inhaling fresh air.

 

"So my name is Johnny and this is my boyfriend, Ten." The boy introduced and Doyoung just nodded, not really listening to him and just staring at a guy at a corner.

 

"This is Yuta and Hansol, a very obvious couple than us. And lastly, this is Taeyong, the bi--"

 

"Johnny, he really doesn't need to know." Taeyong said, cutting of Johnny's words.

 

"Okay, if you insist." Johnny shrugged, "You can sit with us for a while." Johnny said while smiling.

 

Doyoung almost forgot to introduce himself, "Hi. I'm Doyoung. I'm glad to meet all of you." He said and Johnny grinned.

 

"That's the spirit! Now, let's toast, to a new found friend!"

 

Everyone kept asking him about his life and he answered everything, leaving the part that he has-- had a girlfriend and they're not together now behind.

 

But while talking to the group, Doyoung can't take off his eyes from the guy at the corner.

 

"What's with him?" Doyoung finally couldn't take the curiousity and asked Ten.

 

"Oh, him? His boyfriend just broke up with him. He can't believe that he was just a buddy."

 

Doyoung cringed at the word but felt sad for the guy. Their experiences were almost the same. Except the part that he was just a past time for the one he loved.

 

Now that he thought of it, his girlfriend never said any reason why she fell out of love. Is it because she never loved him truly in the first place? Or... he was just a toy for her? Whatever it is, he's too afraid to find out.

 

"Don't be bothered by him. When he's depressed, he just drinks at a corner. He'll be okay tomorrow." Ten continued and Doyoung just nodded.

 

He was thinking to whether go talk to the guy or just ignore him.

 

Well, what harm would come if he just wanted to talk to the guy who he nearly had the same experience?

 

Without Ten or Johnny noticing, Doyoung transfer to the sit beside the boy who was obviously sulking.

 

"I'm sorry, I know I'm good  but I'm not in the mood for now." The boy suddenly muttered and Doyoung raised his eyebrows.

 

He thinks I've come to seduce him?

 

Doyoung laughed.

 

"What's funny?" The boy stares at the stranger.

 

"Nothing much, Sulky." Doyoung grinned, proud that he made a nickname for the boy.

 

"Shut up." Sulker looked down and drank more beer.

 

"You know what, let me treat you for more beer." Doyoung said and when Sulky looked up, he winked.

 

"Good. Free beer."

 

So they both made their way to the bar and drank until they can't take it anymore.

 

An hour later, both of them were laughing, oblivious of their sorroundings.

 

They didn't notice that the four already went home and they were surrounded with couples out the life of their partners.

 

They didn't care.

 

They just cared about each other. Each of them were telling stories, throwing them to one each other, not really sure if what theyre saying is true or it's the alcohol working. But they didn't care also.

 

"Okay, so the woman stared at me like she's judging me. But, I mean, that magazine with two boys kissing as a cover is really just bothering right?! I just needed to check it! Then the woman stared at me like I'm gay. But hey, guess what, I am!" Sulky said and laughed again.

 

Doyoung laughed with him, not clearly getting what the other had said.

 

Then suddenly, Sulky started crying.

 

"I can't believe he left me though..."

 

Jaehyun was a serious mess. Yes, he does play sometimes but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter