Im Not Going To Stop You. So Let Me Join You

SAVE ME

 

Its cold and dark, the sky is clear of any clouds, the stars shining brightly creating a beautiful view.

But what does it matter anyway?

Jimin looks down onto the streets of Seoul, cars driving, people walking, but nobody is aware of whats happening. Hes sitting at the very edge of the 30 floor building, staring down.

nobody knows hes here.

Nobody would care even if they knew, not strangers, not his "friends" nor "family"

He slowly looks back up at the sky, shutting his eyes tightly, Jimin takes in a deep breath, but instead of realising it steadly, he sobs, tears falling down his flushed cheeks.

He clenches his teeth, still sobbing while his tears fall, his grip on the edge of the small wall tightens as he pushes himself a bit forward, the wind blowing lightly, and then he-

"Hey!!!"

He freezes and opens his eyes.

He can just jump, right now, get it over with and just dissapear not like the person can stop him, but he doesnt.

Something about that deep but somehow warm tone of the guys voice stops him, he slowly turns around.

A tall, young looking boy stands there, jeans and a black hoodie on, his dark brown bangs almost covering his red puffy eyes. Was he crying?

The boy steps closer.

"Dont!" Jimins shaky voice warns "please dont get any closer" he pleads.

The stranger looks down at his feet, hiding his face.

"dont worry, im not going to stop you...I dont know you but.... were both planning on jumping of this building tonight... so lets have a first and last conversation before we do it?"

The boy looks up at Jimin, but this time hes smiling, a cute, bright box-like smile, almost perfect, just only if he wasnt crying.

This time when the boy steps closer, Jimin stays quiet, he was shocked, but what was he supposed to do, he couldnt tell the other to not do it, if he couldnt save himself, how would he save a stranger?

The other boy finally reaches the edge of the building, slowly he looks down at the streets, just like Jimin did.

He then looks at Jimin, smiling at him once more "Kim Taehyung" he reaches his hand out to Jimin.

But the boy doesnt budge for a while, he just stares at the others hand, not sure is it a good idea. But something pushes him to do it, he shakes the others hand "Park Jimin"

Taehyung steps forward and sits on the edge beside Jimin.

It quiet, Jimin looks down again and stars sobbing once more, covering his mouth with his hand.

"...Hey..." Taehyung looks up "The view is beautiful.."

Jimin looks up aswell, the view is indeed beautifull, he stares at the blinking stars, how didnt he notice how pretty they are before?

"....it is..." he says, calming himself down a bit, but still not enough to stop the tears.

The two boys just stare at the sky in silence.

Taehyung takes in a deep breath and stops his tears. Suddenly he looks over at Jimin.

"Why?" He says in a low, quiet voice

And Jimin doesnt need anything more, he knows exactly what the other is asking

Why is he here, why is he doing it, why at such a place?

"Because ive no reason to carry on"

Taehyung looks down at his lap and hums in response.

Jimin is still looking at him "w-why?"

The other boy looks up ahead of him, at nothing in particular "No one wants me here" he looks at Jimin "so why not?"

The two of them look up at the sky, between all the stars, suddenly a falling one appears.

Taehyung smiles "I wish that..." he pauses and thinks for a second "that wherever you end up after this...you will be happy" he keeps on staring at the falling star with a small sad smile.

Jimins eyes widen, no one, not once, wished happiness for him, he cant help but smile while his eyes begin to fill with tears again

"We" Jimin takes the others hand into his own.
"WE will be happy" he corrects Taehyung.

Taehyungs shoulders start shaking.
Hes crying, squeezing Jimins hand in his own.

Even though Taehyungs crying, hes still able to smile.

Its silent for a while, but the silence is nice, the two boys calm down, staring up at the stars, holding hands, as if nothing around them exists.

Theyre enjoy eachothers company, small smiles on their faces.

Finally, at the last moment but finally, someone who cares, maybe a stranger but he cares.

The wind blows making them two shiver.

Taehyung takes in a small breath "How does love at first sight feel?" He asks, not sure is it to Jimin specifically.

Jimin looks at him slightly taken back by such a question, but he thinks over it, 'how does love at first sight feel?'

How?

"W-well, it makes you feel happy all of a sudden, you notice the person and you fall in love imidiately, you smile more, at the moment you first see them you feel hope all of a sudden, as if the person can change everyting..." he trails off.

"...how do you know?" Taehyung asks, his eyes still on the starry sky.

Jimin looks at him.

"because i feel like that right now"

Taehyung doesnt move for a while, his expression the same, his gaze still on the stars.

But suddenly he moves, be turns around towards Jimin and kisses him.

And at that moment the world stops.

Everything stays still amd silent, Jimin kisses back, slowly and passionately.

Taehyung is a stranger, but if that stranger didnt come, Jimin would be gone, the streets would be filled with the sound of loud sirens, the people walking by would be standing in shock.

He would be dead.

Its wrong to kiss someone he just met, but is that important? Hes going to be gone soon anyways, nobody will be there to judge him anymore, nobody will hurt him and he wont have to wear a fake smile anymore.

Jimin pulls away and smiles at Taehyung, a real smile this time, the one he didnt have on for over 10 years, the one that he forgot existed.

"I never tought I would smile before dying" he whispers

"Me neither" Taehyung admits, they both look at the sky, one last time.

"You ready?" Taehyung asks

"More than ever" Jimin looks at him, and Taehyung looks back.

"Goodbye" Jimin says

"See you on the other side?"

"Of course" he smiles at Taehyung one last time and takes his hand again.

"Goodbye"