FINAL

Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not edited. I wrote it because Jiyeon didn't love Hyomin enough, hence my MinYeon heart cries for angst. This is for those hardcore shippers that feel the same way, thank you for staying strong, thank you for holding on to MinYeon.

 

 

Author's POV

In the brightly lit and spacious room, a male and a female sat in the middle. 

Upon a closer look, the place isn't a room and there's certainly more than just 2 figure sitting there. The place had grass, rivers, trees that bear abundant fruits and of course people. Man and woman, man and man, woman and woman, there's many different combinations but the people there who were dressed in white robes roam around the place in pairs, like couples they skipped and ran around together. 

The people seemed carefree, enjoying every single second together with their one and only companion. The place was like a paradise. 

They call it, 'The afterlife'. 

However, it's not heaven. This place was never spoken of nor was it written in the books of different religions. It was not a place one would go to by doing charity, not lying etc. In fact it's a place that everyone could go to easily, as long as the believe in 'love'. 

The place was created for those who believe in eternal love, it was a place for two who's still willing to spend their afterlife with that person they fell in love with. 

But with every place that seemed too good to be true, there's always a downside to it. Like heaven, there's hell. In this land of paradise, there's a small land where the lonely walks endlessly. The place doesn't burn will flames, it still has a river, green grasses and trees that bear fruits. However the idea of being alone in such a beautiful place just seems like a punishment that's way too harsh. Those who hate rather that love, those who took away a loved one from someone and those who simply take the idea of love for granted are being sent here. 

In between the two places stood a large temple that is home to all gods and goddess of love. 

"Who's next?" A voice spoke out. 

"Don't you think it's enough for today?" Another sweet voice replied. 

"It's never enough."

"Anteros..."

"Who's next?" Anteros asked once again, his voice cold as ice. 

"Park Jiyeon and Park Sunyoung."

"Let the trial begin..." Anteros slammed his table and a view of earth appeared through a pool of water. 

 

________________________________


"I thought I knew her well. But I was wrong. She was like the moon; part of her was always hidden away. She had always seemed uncertain about us, we're like a ship stuck in the middle of the storm, in the choppy sea. Out fate was uncertain, it could either sink or sail strongly out into the open sea. But she decided to show me that hidden side of her, the side that wanted us to abandon what she had thought was a sinking ship. And we did, we abandoned our ship thinking it would sink. We made it out alive. But if only she knew that's staying in the ship, taking control, steering it out if the storm, with hope.. The ship could have gotten out alive too." 

Hyomin closed the book that she was reading and switches off the lights in the hotel room. It was 3AM, and tomorrow she would be performing at the concert hall again with her members. 

Tomorrow will be T-ara's 9th anniversary. 

The girl lay down and stared into the darkness, her heart beats and breathing started slowing down as she starts feeling sleepy. Hyomin's heart has always been a little weak, not to mention how empty it was ever since Jiyeon decided to give up on their relationship 3 years ago. 

They were dating in secret, as same gender relationships was a taboo in Korea. Things didn't go quite well and her Jiyeonnie went on to date a guy from the acting industry before settling down for Eunjung. And from then on till now, Jiyeon and Eunjung were a couple. 

Things was a little awkward between Hyomin and Jiyeon originally but got better after Hyomin decided that relationship shouldn't ruin the group's bond. 

As she was about doze off, Hyomin felt a piercing pain on her right arm. 

 

 

Hyomin's POV

OUCH! I was falling asleep when a sharp pain on my shoulder woke me up. I rubbed the part where it hurts gently hoping that the pain subsides. 

Apparently I was walking at the back, a guard mistook me for a fan and pushed me away at the airport earlier, I ended up knocking my shoulder on the door. 

If only Jiyeon was there, she used to walk beside me.. Making sure I'm not left behind alone..

All these sudden thoughts aren't making me any better. Hence, I went under the covers quickly and force myself to sleep despite the pain. 

The alarm rang, in a blink of an eye it was already morning. I got off the bed and drew the curtains apart. The room that was still pitch black a few minutes ago lit up immediately as lights enters from the big glass window. I got myself cleaned up and went off to meet everyone at the lobby. 

As soon as I stepped out of the lift into the lobby, a loud ahjumma laughter broke out loudly and got me stopping in my track. There I saw, Jiyeon laughing loudly while Eunjung unnie tickles her. 

It hurts. 

Until today, I'm still baffled by the fact that Eunjung unnie have taken up my job. The joy to make Jiyeonnie laugh and smile brightly. Jiyeon and I used to be so close, but everything changed when I declared my love to her. Things went well for some time but then everything changed. Because of my love for her, I lost a friend, a sister. I lost Park Jiyeon. 

She broke up with me because she was afraid of what consequence we might face, but now she's with Eunjung openly showing affection in public. If she had found the courage to face the obstacles of a same relationship, why didn't she come back to me? Was it all just a game?

I felt my heart aching and my chest tightening as if all of me actually broke. 

Taking in a few deep breath, I started making my way to them. 

"Hyomin-ah, you're here.." Qri unnie called out and Eunjung stopped her antics immediately. 

I appreciated it. Eunjung knew how I still harbour feelings for Jiyeon and she tries to make it the situation between all of us less awkward. To be honest, everyone in the group knew and tried to make it less painful for me, except for Jiyeon. She just seem to push me away. The only time we're ever 'real' was when we're in front of the fans. MinYeon is only real for the fans, nothing more, nothing less. 

"Yea *coughs*, seems like everyone's here *coughs* lets go.. *coughs*" I replied, coughing in between. For some reason I seem to be sick recently. 

"Are you okay Hyomin? Take some medicine if you're sick okay?" Soyeon unnie called out to me when we're in the van.

"Yea, take care of your body it's really dusty in China.." Boram unnie called out too. 

 

 

Author's POV

In the car, Jiyeon who was sitting behind Hyomin, looked up from her phone a couple of times from her phone to stare at Hyomin. 

Reaching the concert venue, the girls rushed out quickly and got their rehearsal started immediately. 

The rehearsals took quite a while, and with Hyomin feeling a little sick things were not going quite smoothly. Managers were shouting loudly and insists on another round of rehearsal for the last song till the girls get it right. 

"Is this what you're presenting to your fans?! If so, I'm disappointed!" One of the managers shouted before walking right out. 

"Mianhae~" the girls bowed and decided to do it again. 

This time round the girls have it their all, singing loudly and executing every dance points perfectly. There's synchronisation and the managers were pleased. 

"That's it! Well done!" Everyone clapped loudly when the rehearsal came to an end. 

Hyomin was panting loudly and her face was pale white. 

"Are you alright Hyomin?" One of the manager noticed and asked. 

"I'm fine." Hyomin some weakly. 

All the girls were looking at Hyomin worriedly.

Jiyeon eyes lingered around her sick unnie a few seconds longer after the members proceed to leave the stage. 

There seem to be a urge for the maknae to go forward to support her Hyomin unnie. However for some unspoken reason, the younger girl held back and continued walking away with the members. 

Hyomin staggered behind alone, she saw how Jiyeon was looking at her worriedly but never decided to offer any help. At situations like this Hyomin can't help but remember how Jiyeon would never let her walk alone at the back when the group is at the airport. She misses how her Jiyeonnie would walk behind with her, grabbing her waist and preventing her from any form of harm. 

Hyomin misse those moments dearly. As the pale girl was caught up with nostalgia, a wave of dizziness hit her suddenly and the girl lost her footing on the stairs. And even before the girl rolled down the stairs, Hyomin found herself black out. 

The loud noise caused by Hyomin rolling down the stairs and collapsing on the ground earned screams from the staffs nearby. The members all turned their head and gasps in horror as the saw their second maknae lying in the ground unconscious. 

Jiyeon too gasps in horror upon seeing what was unveiled before her eyes however her feet remained rooted into the ground despite her unnies all running towards Hyomin. 

"Are you alright? Hyomin! Are you alright?!" Manager oppa whom rushed beside Hyomin shook her. 

The unconscious girl started moving and tried to speak, the stairs was a short one and thankfully the fall wasn't bad enough to knock someone out cold. 

"It's okay, get some rest now. If you can't perform I'll let you sit out of this one." Manager oppa spoke as he carried Hyomin up bridal style and brought her to the waiting room. 

"It's alright oppa, it's T-ara anniversary concert. I have to be there." Hyomin spoke weakly. 

With enough time to get adequate rest, Hyomin was able to regain her energy to perform at the concert. 

 

________________________________

"Wow.. She didn't even try..." A soft voice spoke. 

"Yes. She hesitated, but she didn't." The cold voice filled the halls of the temple followed by a sigh. 

"Have a little faith, she may be different.. Give her another chance?" The same sweet voice pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter