The Imoogi At The Hidden Seclusion

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwon Jiyong can fly???

Just what can this man not do? 

She recalled that this royal uncle stayed for a long time in Ming and Ming was a dynasty famous for their amazing martial arts. Did he learn it from there? Sounds plausible, but judging from how he flew straight up to the sky without a single stop, it seems his skills were top notch. Even the assassins in Joseon might not be up to par with Kwon Jiyong. Now that sounded strangely frightening.

When she tried to peer up at his face, the breeze stung her eyes so bad it made her tear up so she was doubtful if she really saw Kwon Jiyong's eyes were blazing, or it was only the moon's reflection.

In the end, all Sandara could do was bury her head in his broad chest, her fragile arms wrapped around his neck. The chill was somehow bearable yet the wind hitting against her delicate face made her skin go numb, that she could tell just how fast they were going. Thank heavens it was summer, because if this happened last month, she could have easily frozen to death. 

Soon she felt they were descending, and Kwon Jiyong had long landed his feet on the ground while she was still clinging on to him like a bear to a tree.

"We're here." He told her, making her open her eyes and realize he had long released her. Embarrassed, she pulled away immediately.

"You trust me, do you?" He asked which reminded Sandara she was upset at him earlier. Looking at him straight in the eye, she decided to tell it straight to his face.

"You Highness... When did this wife not trust you? I have always trusted you and waited for you to come and explain things to meat your pace yet you always end up surprising me with lies. Now let me ask you, are you really worthy of my trust?" she asked, leaving Kwon Jiyong speechless. She heaved a sigh. "I understand, you have your reasons. You always do. But I'm human too. I get upset. I get disappointed. I feel betrayed. I can put up with everything you do except one. I cannot tolerate being lied to."

Kwon Jiyong looked away. If guilt had been slowly eating him up these past few days, then tonight it swallowed him whole.

"And that silence," Sandara continued. "I'd rather you shout at me than hear nothing from you at all. Aren't you even going to explain yourself? Or am I simply not worthy of it? Isn't it you, Your Highness, who doesn't trust this wife?"

"Everything I do is complicated. Everything about me is not as easy as you think. And to answer you, I wouldn't even think of taking you here in the first place if I don't." He retorted and when she crossed her arms and looked at him in a painfully scrutinizing way from head to toe as if judging him, he sighed. This was what he was trying to avoid yet here he is, facing it. This woman's wrath wasn't too easy to deal with, he knew that. He's seen that. But he was someone not used to explaining himself to anyone and now he felt like he was being reprimanded. 

If only Sandara knew that she was the only person who had made Kwon Jiyong feel this all his life.

But it was hard to be someone you're not used to. Looking back at how he used to be, Kwon Jiyong had changed drastically since he married this woman. When earlier he wanted to apologize, he really didn't know how to say it. In the end, he coldly asked, "Didn't I tell you this morning that I'll be taking you somewhere tonight? This lord isn't someone who turns back to his words. I suppose you were at least aware of that."

Sandara had to agree but why does he sound more upset than her now? She just had to huff behind his back when he suddenly spun around and walked past the guards at the inner gates, walking ahead of her a few steps away. When she hesitated to follow him, Kwon Jiyong didn't turn around but asked impatiently, "Aren't you going to come in?"

Sandara had to roll her eyes and stomp her feet as she followed behind her lofty, overbearing, husband, but the sound of her footsteps only made the eerie silence in the dark courtyard noticeable. Usually there were guards wherever they go, most especially at estates owned by Kwon Jiyong and the absence of them right now made her wonder where they were. 

But it wasn't long until the question in her head was answered. Soon, a group of about twenty shadow guards appeared out of nowhere and landed before them on their knees to pay respect. "Your Highness!" They all greeted but Kwon Jiyong remained indifferent.

"Don't make a fuss and go back to your posts. Tell the others to make sure the entire premise is more secured tonight." He coldly commanded and simply walked past them. Sandara gasped. So there were more guards than them? Just how powerful is her husband? She almost regretted throwing a fit earlier. If one day she pisses him off like crazy, she might end up dead in just a snap of his fingers. 

The shadow guards all stood up and when Sandara walked in front of them, they all lowered their head and bowed. Sandara noticed each of them were carrying a sword and their face were covered. When she was was past the last guard on line, they all flew up and disappeared once more.

Sandara couldn't help but be amazed. Of course back at the estate there were a lot of guards and a few shadow guards but these people here were swifter and could disappear in a blink an eye! 

She shook her head and was still wondering how such skilled men were hired by her husband until she bumped into Kwon Jiyong's back. When she looked up, he sent her a cold, impatient look before walking ahead once more. Sandara ought to give him a punch to put some sense into him. Wasn't she supposed to be castigating him?

When they walked past another gate within the wide, high walled premise, Sandara saw a stone building and Kwon Jiyong took the main entrance while there were two wide iron doors on each side below. She suspected they were dungeons, for it looked quite similar to the one back at Kwon Jiyong's residence. When Kwon Jiyong halted his steps to look back at her, she immediately shuffled hurriedly towards him.

She was upset at him, alright, but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter