a cliché love story

Listen to the Waves

 

 

I could be your fantasy

Underneath the palm trees

You could leave your worries

 

Breathe me in like air tonight

Let yourself unwind, get lost

In the garden of my mind

 

 

Kim Taehyung stays at his parents' resort for a mere two weeks for his vacation, but he’s already bored out of his mind. He unwillingly complies with his parents' request to stay at the resort for at least a month to relax and take a break from his vigorous studying in Astronomy as his deep passion is stargazing, but he’s already feeling sick of the waters. The cool breeze, golden soft grains of sand, as well as the gradient colors of the aquamarine sea is beginning to become just a regular view of his normal routine of basking under the balmy sun.

It’s pretty clear that Taehyung wants nothing more than to get out of this tropical island getaway, but he stays. Money isn’t the problem; he can easily book a flight back home in just a quick snap of his fingers, as his parents own a large share of the company that holds this popular tourist attraction.

He stays for one reason and one reason only: to see the boy with the jet black hair and soft brown tints, bunny teeth, and the dark, alluring eyes that look as if it could consume his entire soul.

 


 

Taehyung wakes up to the annoying sound of pelicans flapping their wings, but he’s glad because he’s always in time to watch the boy enjoy himself under the warm sun while sitting down and sticking his toes in the clear water. Even right now as Taehyung is closely watching him, the boy shuts his eyes as he peacefully lays his skinny legs out on the shore where the small waves drench only up to his knees. He’s also wearing his usual plain white tee and bright red swimsuit shorts, seeing that Taehyung had been observing him for more than one consecutive week.

He often feels weird watching a complete stranger through the eyes of his binoculars that is normally used for watching stars, but the boy is the last threads of hope for Taehyung to want to stay confined in the seaside and not immediately book a flight back home. In fact, the boy is somewhat like a star himself because he shines bright and Taehyung can only gaze at him from afar. He doesn’t know why, but the other just has some kind of peaceful aura that compels Taehyung to keep watching him in contentment. Of course, he often has thoughts wondering why in the world he’s getting so much enjoyment from just seeing an ordinary boy laughing from getting his feet in the water, but he can’t find a reason why besides the fact that he just genuinely likes seeing the boy. But sometimes, he feels a hint of sadness shown in the other’s eyes, and he lowers his binoculars as he calls it a day.

He does feel awkward and like a major creep at times, but that’s before he always tries to reassure himself that he only watches the other for an hour at most. That way, he can sort of brainwash himself into thinking he isn’t some crazy, obsessed lunatic.

 


 

Taehyung’s heart almost jumps out of his chest when the other’s eyes accidentally meet with his for a second. The boy immediately stands up with wide eyes from the realization that someone is watching him, and runs back inside the same exact hotel Taehyung himself is staying at.

Freaking out, Taehyung paces around in his room panicking because he’s caught red-handed. What if the boy suddenly decides to leave and look for a different hotel to get away from him?

It’s eerily silent besides the loud thumping of his own heartbeat as he runs towards the front reception, where the hotel receptionist bows down to him in respect.

“Did the service bell in your room malfunction, Mr. Kim?” Kim Namjoon asks, not noticing the others’ sense of urgency, and Taehyung shakes his head.

“Did a guy just come here to check out of this hotel? He was wearing a white shirt with red pants.” He asks in a desperate tone, to which the worker shifts his eyes to the floor upon realization, and he lets out a nervous laugh.

“Oh… I’m sorry, but I’m not allowed to disclose that kind of information.” He addresses to the younger, but Taehyung is already positive that the other was packing up his bags right now, based on the worker’s reaction as he looked very uncomfortable with the question.

“Can I get his room number, please?” He pleads, ignoring the other’s previous answer as he’s getting too worked up on figuring out what to say. He feels like he should apologize for spying on the other. It will certainly bother him to no end if he’s forever labeled as ‘the guy who stalked next to the slide-in window’.

Despite that being the first impression of him from the younger, he didn’t want it to be his last; especially since he’s developing a small crush on the guy.

“Mr. Kim, the policy here states that…” Namjoon began again but stops mid-sentence when he sees the other biting his fingernails in worry. He sighs to himself as he quickly pulls up the client’s information. Part of him is afraid of getting on his bad side, but another part of him just feels pity since it's pretty unusual seeing his boss’ son get so distraught.

“He’s staying on the eighth floor, in room number thirty-three.” As soon as Namjoon gives the information he needs, Taehyung thanks him before running full speed towards the elevator. He then runs across the long hallway and holds his sides for equilibrium as he bends down to take a few deep breaths, since the last time he ever ran this despairingly was in high school. After giving himself a second to calm down and also mentally put himself together, he gathers the courage and knocks on the door.

It feels like an eternity has passed until the door opened, and the instant the boy sees Taehyung, his face turns pale and he immediately shuts the door on him hard.

“Wait, I’m here to apologize! Please, open the door and just hear me out.” Taehyung begs at him, to which the other yells back, “Then you can just apologize out in the hallway, you ing psycho!!”

He winces. He pretty much expects the other to curse him out and act like this, but it still stings.

“I’m really sorry for spying on you but I haven’t been following you anywhere or anything like that, so please don’t misunderstand. To tell you the truth, I don’t even know myself, but you give off this really soothing aura and I can’t help but get attracted towards you. But I honestly don’t have any excuse for my behavior, so I’m really sorry..." he pauses, hearing some kind of movement right next to the other side of the door. The guy was actually giving him a chance to speak...

"I’m not a serial killer if that helps but if you still don’t believe me, I’ll go. I really didn’t mean to ruin your vacation… And since I’m the one who troubled you, I’ll just leave instead.” He finishes his apology. He hopes the other can at least forgive him because that's sincerely from the bottom of his heart. Inside, he’s kind of glad the boy closed the door on him because he was able to express his feelings more clearly. Because if he had apologized to his face, he would have probably stuttered and choked up on his own words.

The door opens slowly, and the boy gazes at him wearily. Nevertheless, Taehyung’s just relieved at the fact that the other even opened the door for him.

“Alright, I won’t leave. The apology sounded pretty genuine, but you’re still a creep.” He frowns, staring at him distrustfully. He then reaches for the doorknob to close the door on him, and Taehyung becomes frantic. He didn’t want to just leave it at that. He couldn’t just leave it at that. Irrational thoughts take over his mind as he cries out, “Wait!” and puts his hands between him and the door. Since he already took a small step by apologizing, why not take a further step by inviting the other for a drink? He was already at the losing end because of his ruined reputation being labeled as a stalker, so might as well go all the way. He really had nothing to lose, after all.

“What do you want?” The boy asks as he gives him a grim look, seemingly irritated.

“I… I was wondering if you would mind joining me for a drink. I know I probably sound absurd right now, but I just… I want to get to know you. Just for today, before I leave next morning…” Taehyung stammers with great difficulty, and he widens his eyes in surprise when he sees the other suddenly laugh.

“I don’t even know your name. What makes you think I’ll agree to go with you?” The other replies disparagingly, and Taehyung realizes he’s very sarcastic.

“... It’s Taehyung. Now, will you go with me?” He gives him his signature square smile, to which the other then raises his eyebrow in amusement. The boy then pulls out his phone and starts texting someone, before putting it back in his pocket and giving Taehyung a smirk while tilting his head, unknowingly showing off his prominent collarbones. Taehyung feels himself go numb and his mind goes blank for a second, as he tries to suppress the butterflies in his stomach.

“Alright, I’ll go with you. But just know that if I’m not back in my room before five, my friend will call the police and you’ll be suspected of murder, so I better not catch you doing anything shady.” The other answers wryly, and Taehyung notes that this boy is a pretty facetious person, despite looking so cute and innocent. Nevertheless, he’s just thankful for the fact that the guy is willing to give him a chance because he was almost waiting for the rejection.

“Lead the way, creep.” The boy is brash with his words as he closes the door behind him. Even though Taehyung had literally given his name a second ago, the other insists on degrading him. But Taehyung just nods; a bit too excited in fact. The boy makes him nervous as hell, but he also turns him on; he didn’t expect the innocent looking boy’s personality to be so ill-mannered, but it was so y. Taehyung had dated a few guys in the past who were all too innocent and always agreed with whatever he said that it sometimes made him think he was in a one person relationship. He was always the dominant one, so it was new and exciting for him to have a crush on someone so self-assertive and impudent.

 


 

He walks out of the hotel with the boy trailing behind him, and they go over to the patio bar. There, a bartender and good friend of Taehyung greet him, and squeals in delight at seeing someone sit down next to him.

“Taehyung, this is the first time I’m seeing you with someone since high school! Holy , this is exciting! I’m Jung Hoseok, nice to meet you!!” Hoseok enthusiastically grabs the boy’s hand and shakes it without warning, to which the other automatically pulls his hand away as he gives the bartender a disdainful look.

“Um…” The boy narrows his eyes as if the other just tainted his hands, and Taehyung covers his face in embarrassment. Hoseok lets out a small laugh as he awkwardly scratches his head, obviously not expecting such disrespect from the stranger. The boy just rolls his eyes while propping his elbow on the counter.

“Jeon Jungkook,” He mutters, and Taehyung freezes, eyes widened. Hoseok’s mouth forms an ‘o’, looking back at Taehyung and the boy in puzzlement since it seemed like his friend genuinely didn’t know the other's name. But Taehyung isn’t paying attention to him, as he’s staring at the boy in awe. Jungkook. It’s a cute name, just like his cute face.

“Ah, well I'm glad you're here to accompany my friend!” The bartender smiles, and the two order their drinks. Jungkook orders the Piña colada while Taehyung just orders a sprite, to which he receives an odd look from the younger and immediately blushing afterward when he realizes his mistake. However, the boy doesn’t say a word as he just looks away and stares around the bar in disinterest.

It's deadpan silent between the two, as Hoseok is chatting with another customer about their day while making their drinks. The awkward silence hangs in the air for a while until the boy now known as Jungkook, decide to speak up.

“This has got to be the most boring date I’ve ever been in,” He taps his fingers on the table in boredom. Taehyung quickly sits up straight, running his fingers through his hair as he lets out a nervous laugh.

“Sorry… I was just surprised that you actually accepted my invitation that I’m just mind-boggled,” He admits, to which Jungkook gives him a bitter smile.

“Well, I had nothing to do, as you can tell. Since you’ve been stalking me for a while now, you would have noticed that I’m always out on the beach alone.” He answers in such a cynical tone which worries Taehyung a bit. He then remembers the other texting his friend back at the hotel.

“Didn’t you come with your friend, though? Why aren’t you hanging out him?” He asks in concern and almost falls back from his chair in surprise when the other unexpectedly lets out a sarcastic laugh.

“Ha, like I’d want to be the third wheel! I would rather go out with my stalker than to see my best friend making out with someone 24/7.” He says flatly, but Taehyung ignores the insult because he’s more focused on the other’s pained expression. He notices Jungkook clenching his fists tightly when he mentions his best friend and his worry grows for the other. He opens his mouth to ask if the other is okay when Hoseok hands them their drinks. Jungkook immediately takes the drink and downs it in one shot before the other is even able to take a sip of his soda, and stares blankly out in the sea. Hoseok gives his friend a questioning look and Taehyung rubs his neck awkwardly.

“Hey… Wanna go to the beach? Let’s go take a dip,” He invites the younger, and Jungkook gazes at him, expressionless.  A few seconds of silence passes before he shrugs, and Taehyung sighs in relief. Hoseok then sends him a subtle wink before taking in the next customer’s order.

 


 

With a broken twig, he starts drawing cursive letters on the soft sand while the other dips his feet in the cold water without any exchange of words. The tension is starting to get thick when no words are spoken, so Taehyung decides to break the ice by asking the other a question he meant to ask at the bar.

“You seem pretty down… Are you alright?” He asks lightly, and the other turns to look at him.

“Would you like me to sugar coat it or tell you how I really feel?” He suddenly asks. Taehyung watches him dry his toes in the warm sand as he sits down next to him. “Whatever you want to tell me; I’m all ears.” Taehyung murmurs, cheeks turning slight pink from the other sitting so close to him. At that, the younger’s lips pinch into a thin line as he looks at the ground, sadness apparent in his face.

“You know how I said I came with my friend? Well, the reason we came here was because our birthdays are a month apart so we decided to celebrate it together here. I was excited since I really liked him. I even waited a whole three months, saving up every dime and penny just for this vacation. But guess what?” Jungkook starts to laugh, but Taehyung sees the sorrow in the other’s eyes. “… What?” He says quietly, even though it’s just a rhetorical question. He isn’t even discouraged by the fact that the younger just admitted to crushing on another guy because his main focus is to just help him let all his stress out. It seems to be helping since Jungkook continues on with his rant.

“The er got himself a boyfriend in those three months, and he decided to change our plan last minute by inviting his boyfriend with us. Like, who the does that kind of ? I worked my off just to make this vacation the best vacation we could ever have, but he had to ruin it. His boyfriend isn’t even that much taller than him, it’s ridiculous. The er always used to say his ideal type was someone that was taller than him by a few inches, energetic as him; someone who could dance so they can partner up for the upcoming dance showcase. And his boyfriend is a walking contradiction from everything he wanted, so I don’t get how the he fell for a guy like that?” Taehyung raises his eyebrows, obviously taken aback from the string of curses, but more importantly, he’s surprised of the loaded, pent up anger the other had for his friend.

Noticing the elder’s reaction, Jungkook shuts his mouth and turns away. “I gave you the option for me to sugarcoat it,” He mutters, to which Taehyung instantly starts smiling. He pokes the other’s shoulders playfully with the broken twig, and Jungkook looks at him questionably.

“I think I’ve just listened to a whole month’s worth of curse words in just under two minutes,” Taehyung laughs, and the younger frowns in response. “But I’m glad that you let it all out. Don’t you feel so much better?” He pokes at the younger boy again, and this time, Jungkook’s scowl turns into a small smile.

“… I guess,” He answers, his face flushing a little. The older boy is random as hell and he’s certainly sending Jungkook a weird vibe, but it isn’t bad at all. “Um, thanks for listening?”

Taehyung responds back with a cheeky grin and goes back to drawing random doodles in the sand.  Jungkook now watches him in silence, wondering what in the world the other was writing out. He only gets a few seconds to guess before Taehyung reads his mind and simply says, “It’s a whopper.”

A what?” He crinkles his forehead in puzzlement and Taehyung doesn’t even glance up at him as he’s a bit too concentrated in his new piece of art. “A whopper,” He finally answers after a few seconds. “You know, from Burger King?”

Jungkook gives him a funny look, which goes unnoticed by the other. He’s now having second thoughts on whether he should stay with this guy who now looked like his head was up in the clouds, or just leave while he can. “… Um, are you hungry or something?” He asks, and the second after he asks his question, Taehyung’s stomach makes a loud gurgling noise. His cheeks turn rosy pink as he tries to cover his stomach with his hands as if it will lessen the noise, and Jungkook rolls his eyes, the corner of his lips curving into a smile.

“C’mon, let’s go get some food.” He motions the other to get up while pointing at an Italian restaurant nearby and Taehyung gives him a sheepish grin before following up behind him.

 


 

“Unfortunately, they don’t have a whopper… But they do have a fancy looking pineapple burger,” Jungkook points at one of the pictures under the menu and Taehyung almost drools in hunger. He didn’t get to put anything in his growling stomach beside a cup of hot chocolate before doing his daily observation of the younger.

They order their food and in the midst of waiting for their food to arrive, Taehyung decides to break the ice with the younger since they don’t know anything about each other besides the fact that Jungkook is having some complicated love problems with his best friend and Taehyung is a lunatic who likes watching boys dip their feet in water.

“My dog’s name is Soonshim and she’s really adorable,” Taehyung starts off, and Jungkook just stares at him weirdly. “Um, ok?” The younger replies, as he doesn’t know what to say. It was just so random and the boy in front of him was just so bizarre. But then Taehyung points to him and says, “Your turn to say something about yourself.”

“Umm… My favorite color is red,” Jungkook answers slowly, still a bit weirded out. The other looks at his red pants and nods to himself. “And I’m a freshman in college.”

“Oh? I’m a junior. So I’m two years older than you!” The older boy grins and Jungkook is a bit surprised because he expected the other to be younger because of his childish attitude, but he shrugs it off.

“Hmm… I’m really good at folding clothes. Oh, and I always wear mismatched socks because I keep losing the other pair for some reason. I think there’s a sock monster hiding inside my washing machine but my roommate tells me I’m stupid.” Taehyung tilts his head as he’s trying to think of something more to say, and Jungkook can’t help but gaze at the other’s sharp jawline. His breath hitches for a second, but he looks away just in time before the other catches him staring. “Oh, and I really like Burger King. The whopper’s my favorite!” The older finishes off, excitedly.

“I can tell,” Jungkook shakes his head, amused. “And you seem like the type to wear mismatched socks.”

The waiter comes over with their food, and the two stop their ice breaking game momentarily as they dig in.

 


 

After the two had finished eating, they stroll through the smooth path leading them back to their hotel. Through the twenty minute walk, they learned a lot about each other; from really basic facts like how many siblings they had, to the really minuscule details like, which shampoo and bath bombs they prefer to use when bathing (It was Taehyung who had brought it up when he told Jungkook that his hair smelled nice).

By the time they arrive at the front door of Jungkook’s suite, the younger boy had accepted the other’s eccentric personality and even considered him as a friend. Well, if they can talk to each other about what items they use in the shower without any awkwardness and judgment, they pretty much were considered good friends. Jungkook’s view of Taehyung had gradually changed from a ‘crazy lunatic of a stalker’, to ‘a weird but friendly hyung who pretty much worships Burger King’. It was a drastic change, to say the least. For Taehyung, his views of Jungkook didn’t alter at all. He liked Jungkook before they had talked, and he still liked him after they had bonded. The only thing that slightly changed was the fact that Taehyung was crushing on him even harder than he ever had in the two weeks he started observing the boy. Inside, he feels kind of regretful that he didn’t make an effort to talk to Jungkook two weeks before since he was going to leave tomorrow because after all, that’s what he had promised the younger.

Jungkook opens the door and just as Taehyung raises his hands to bid the younger goodbye, the other takes off his shoes before he goes inside, and takes out two mugs from the cupboard.

“Do you want hot chocolate or coffee?” Jungkook asks him as he starts boiling the water with the electric kettle, and Taehyung is taken aback from the invitation. He warily takes off his shoes and steps inside the hotel room and stands next to the edge of the bed awkwardly.

“Hot chocolate… Please.” He mumbles, and Jungkook grabs two packets of Nestle hot chocolate powder and puts it in the two mugs. When he turns around and sees the other frozen as a statue with an uncomfortable look on his face, he laughs.

“Relax; we’re just going to watch TV… Or were you thinking of something else?” He teases the older, and he suddenly feels hot when the other bites his lips and glanced away in embarrassment.

“… Of course not! You’re the one with the erted thoughts.” Taehyung shakes his head, but Jungkook catches him his lips without thinking, which turns him on quite a bit.

“Says the one who got caught for watching a boy through his binoculars.” He chuckles, and he can’t help but laugh when the other’s face turns into a shade of a ripe tomato.

“… Where’s the remote control?” Taehyung instantly diverts the subject and jumps on the bed, which causes the younger to laugh even harder. “It’s at the bedside.” Jungkook answers, grinning now, as he’s pouring the hot water into the mugs and mixing it with a spoon. Taehyung grabs the remote and points towards the screen as he presses the power button, but it doesn’t work.

“Hmm, I think the batteries are dead. I’ll go down and get them replaced.” The older gets off from the bed and puts on his Jesus sandals as he takes the elevator down to the first floor. He walks to the front counter but stops in his tracks, and hides in the corner when he sees Namjoon sitting next to an older man who looked like he was in his mid-twenties with broad shoulders, despite looking like a pretty boy, in the lobby. He sees Namjoon taking the lollipop from the guys’ mouth and putting it in his own mouth, chuckling. The guy with the pretty face slaps him on the shoulder lightly, laughing as well.

“Why would he just steal his lollipop? I would go get a new one, especially since that one is cherry flavored…”  Taehyung mumbles to himself, a bit too loud on accident. Namjoon hears him and he turns around, mortified. The worker gets up immediately and coughs in embarrassment when he realizes that Taehyung had been watching him. He takes out the lollipop and throws it in the trash before dusting his clothes and awkwardly runs back to the front counter. He looked like he wanted to dig himself in a hole and never come out. Meanwhile, his partner also awkwardly gets up and excuses himself. But before he leaves, he whispers, “I’ll be in my room.” Loud enough for Namjoon to hear, and the worker nods his head before clearing his throat and bowing down to Taehyung.

“I sincerely apologize for messing around at work; I promise it won’t happen again.” He apologizes profusely, to which Taehyung blush into a coral pink, a bit embarrassed as well for getting caught staring.

“No, no! It’s okay. There’s no one here and your shift is almost over anyways.”

Namjoon bows down in apology again, before asking what he needed. Taehyung shows him the remote and the worker replaces the batteries right away, humiliation still apparent on his face, and he feels bad for him.

“Sorry for coming at a bad time… I didn’t mean to interrupt, I swear.”  Taehyun says guiltily, and Namjoon shakes his head.

“No, it was my fault for being unprofessional.” The other doesn’t look at him in the eye as he hands him back the remote, still embarrassed about what had happened. Trying to make light of the situation, Taehyung pats him on the shoulder to reassure him.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. Oh, and if it makes you feel better, I approve of your choice in men. Have fun with him tonight!”

And he runs back to catch the elevator, not turning back to see the other burst into a coughing fit from humiliation.

 


 

Jungkook is waiting for the other to return as he sat down on his hotel bed, holding the two mugs in each hand. He honestly doesn't know why he has the sudden thought to invite Taehyung in and drink hot chocolate with him since he's planning to go out and get a drink with Jimin after having dinner with the older. But of course, plans are subject to change, and maybe that was for the better. He doesn't want to admit, but hanging out with Taehyung today was actually the most memorable day he's had since the two weeks he had stayed here. Maybe the other’s outlandish personality is just rubbing off on him. But for some reason, he's actually quite fine with that.

“What are we watching?” The elder asks as he comes in with the remote, but not before taking off his hideous Jesus sandals at the front door. Jungkook hands him his mug and scrolls through the list on Netflix as he’s in the mood to watch a movie, and one of the movie title catches his eyes. He clicks on, ‘The girl who leaped through time’, without thinking but pauses after he realizes that Taehyung is next to him. What if the other judges him for being an anime nerd? Well, . He shifts in his seat uncomfortably, and Taehyung suddenly leans forward with wide eyes.

“Ooh, let’s watch it! I love movies directed by Mamoru Hosoda!” He yells in excitement, and Jungkook blinks. Oh. OH. Taehyung was an anime nerd too, and god damn, that automatically made him 10x more attractive in the younger’s eyes.

He resumes the movie and the two get comfortable as they lie down with their backs against the wall. The room is dimly lit, with only the brightness coming off from the TV screen. They sip their hot chocolate quietly, totally engrossed in the movie.

Neither of them speaks for a while until they’re halfway done with the movie. When the scene of Makoto finding out about Chiaki being a time traveler from the future comes in, they both hold their breath and without thinking, they’re gripping each other’s hands tightly. The scenes then change after Chiaki explains the painting to Makoto and Makoto returning back to the past, and that’s when Jungkook realizes that their fingers were intertwined. He looks from the corner of his eyes, not daring to turn his head around to face Taehyung expression, but Taehyung’s eyes are glued to the screen. The other hadn’t noticed that they were holding hands yet.

Taehyung’s hands feel so secure, which makes Jungkook feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There are only ten minutes left until the movie ends, so Jungkook savors the feeling of the other’s soft hands while closing his eyes.

He isn’t supposed to be moving on so quickly. After all, Jungkook just met Taehyung and only knows him for less than 12 hours. But why is he feeling so nervous and jittery around the other?

The movie ends, and the only thing that’s glowing is the bright blue screen. Taehyung rubs his eyes, yawning a little and then turns his head to face Jungkook, who’s staring blankly at the TV like he has a lot on his mind. That’s when Taehyung notices their fingers are intertwined and he pulls his hand out in surprise.

“Oh! I'm really sorry, I didn’t mean to just grab your hand like that, I didn’t even notice myself-“But Jungkook stops him mid-sentence when the younger snaps out of his trance and looks straight at him.

“Are you seriously leaving me tomorrow?” His voice is low, but other can make out the tiny hint of whining underneath. Taehyung’s eyes go round, shocked. Me. He really said me… He shakes his head quickly when he sees the other’s brows knitted in a frown.

“Of course not! If you don’t want me to leave, then I’ll stay.” He shifts his eyes to the bed, a little flustered. What he doesn't expect after that, is Jungkook leaning in so close to his face, that their nose is almost touching.

“Good.” Jungkook smirks and Taehyung gulps in response. The younger boy is now one centimeter close from their lips touching. Taehyung shuts his eyes tight and his lips in anticipation and slowly, Jungkook leans in…

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Inside, Taehyung wants to smack himself on the forehead while Jungkook groans. “That er…” He growls, before hanging up the call in irritation. The romantic mood is totally ruined, so he sighs in exasperation as he gets up from the bed and turns on the lights. Taehyung follows him and gets up, heading towards the front door to put on his sandals so he can leave. He’s distressed to the point where he just wants to go back to his room and scream at god for blocking the only chance he’ll ever get to kiss the boy.

“I’ll… I’ll go now. Goodnight,” He mumbles, putting his hands on the doorknob to leave. But suddenly, Jungkook pulls Taehyung towards him and clasps his face lovingly. The younger tilts his head and in that moment, their lips touch. Taehyung doesn’t even get a chance to pull away as the younger bites down on his lower lip softly and enters his mouth gently. He closes his eyes in bliss, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist while Jungkook runs through his hair and puts more pressure into the kiss. Taehyung whimpers when Jungkook breaks from their hot kiss and starts trailing a soft peck on his neck while caressing his face. When he reaches down to his shoulders, he immediately stops and pulls away, despite Taehyung resisting.

“Jungkook…!” He whines, which is odd because Taehyung never whines. Jungkook gives him a smug look, before pulling away Taehyung’s hands from his waist and opening the door.

“We have another three weeks for making out. See you tomorrow,” He teases him and Taehyung lowers his head in defeat before waving weakly to the younger. The other closes the door and Taehyung walks back to his suite with his unsatisfied raging hormones and goes to bed. But before he goes to sleep, he puts his hands to his lips as he still remembers the faint chocolate taste from the other’s mouth. He can't believe it. He actually got to kiss, the Jeon Jungkook!

He can’t go to sleep so easily, not after what’s happened. He tosses and turns for an hour, before he becomes calm after realizing that he gets to hang out with Jungkook the next day, and the next. And that’s when he smiles to himself and falls asleep in peace while listening to the waves outside his open window.

 


 

This is around 5.6k words, but it took me around three weeks to write because of writer's block. Yes, the er, as Jungkook likes to call him, is Jimin and the er's boyfriend is indeed Yoongi. Upvotes and comments on your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading!