1/1

Am I In Trouble? [JIKOOK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook did not know which to be afraid of: the fact that he had just flirted with an insanely beautiful girl on live broadcast (which probably made the whole world squeal in delight), or the fact that Park Jimin was grinning from ear to ear like it did not bother him one bit.

 

But every atom in his cells screamed that the latter would be the death of him.

 

‘You gotta be kidding me.’ were the very few strangled words he managed to spit the second he laid eyes on the script handed over. Jungkook was hardly nervous about being given the role of an MC, as it wasn’t the first time, and he was the “Golden Maknae” after all. Nothing would ever cause him to waver, with the exception of having to solve a math question and an angry Jimin of course.

 

What really rendered him sweating buckets was the content written on those few cursed sheets of paper, and all that Jungkook (against his free will) was required to say and do for the show. It was bound to lead to severe repercussions, in which one of them would most likely be a certain fuming male not speaking to him for weeks, if not months; or worse, not acknowledging his existence at all.

 

“Don’t worry, Jungkook-shi.” A casually dressed middle-aged man – who happened to be the cause of Jungkook’s misery - offered a smile of encouragement, “I’m sure you’ll do well as always.”

 

Jungkook was unaware of the heinous crimes he committed in past lifetimes, but it was such moments like this that made him genuinely repent for offending the heavens above.

 

“Right…” Jungkook, though reluctant, returned the producer’s expectant gaze with an equally bewildered one, “I’ll do my best.”

 

As much as he excelled in nearly every aspect, delivering his lines weren’t as easy as many would deem to be. Jungkook had to dart his gaze back and forth between the cue cards, the camera and the other MCs – which was by no means less tiring just because he possessed inhumane abilities.

 

And given how he had to live up to his self-proclaimed title as an ‘international playboy’ (with him having to be exceptionally charming, serenading his co-MC and even declaring her as his destiny etc.), Jungkook mentally ran calculations involving the degree of trouble he was in.

 

And statistics evidently pointed that the only destiny for him was ‘dying in the hands of Park Jimin’.

 

When it was over, Jungkook trudged with heavy footsteps instead of light ones, shuddering at the thought of the thunderstorm about to hit him. He had planned to be careful and avoid Jimin’s gaze the moment he returned to BTS’s waiting room, where his proud hyungs were no doubt waiting with plenty of teases to congratulate the maknae for ‘growing up’.

 

“Yah, Jungkook. Good job.” Namjoon, the first to spot Jungkook, slung an arm over his shoulder like a proud father, “For a moment there I thought you were gonna pass out. I was telling Jin-hyung how we were going to need to get up there and carry you away if you did.”

 

“It was so freaking cheesy, but still you did well!” Hoseok laughed. “We should really have a celebration for our Jungkookie getting over his phobia of the opposite gender.”

 

“Hyung…” Jungkook’s laugh mostly forced, as his gaze dart left and right to survey their expressions – particularly a certain short hyung of his – but was unable to find said male in the crowd surrounding him. It was only after Jungkook politely dismissed everyone with a smile, a laugh or a smack that he finally heard Jimin’s melodious laughter before actually seeing him.

 

Much to his surprise, Jimin – who Jungkook thought for sure would hack him with an axe – eventually approached him with one of the widest smile plastered on that sent a shiver down Jungkook’s spine. As he patted a fidgety Jungkook on the back, it seemed as if Jimin couldn’t be any prouder of the youngest. In fact, Jimin even joined in on teasing the blushing maknae along with the others.

 

“Jimin,” Jungkook’s face relaxed a little as he thought that maybe, just maybe, his hyung was more understanding than he gave him credit for. The maknae reached out for the shorter male with a hopeful smile, wanting to pull him in for a back hug as usual; but his smile disappeared no sooner than it emerged.

 

Jungkook should have known better.

 

“So you found your destiny, huh?” Jimin gently brushed Jungkook’s hand away before whispering in his ear with a tough-luck-but-you’re-not-getting-away tone.

 

“Good for you, Jungkook.” Jimin smiled, emphasising a little too much on his name before walking away; whistling.

 

And that marked the moment Jeon Jungkook realised he was in deep, deep trouble.

 

..........

 

Jimin could practically feel the maknae entering his room before actually hearing the sound of a creaky hinge, followed by the soft shuffle of feet and the gentle thud of a closing door. A small smile played on Jimin's lips as he buried himself a little deeper und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter