The Confessions

Midnight

Jungkook POV

The time is 11:00 PM.

You are in the practice room with all of your hyungs. You are practicing for your next comeback, when you spot Jiminie hugging Tae. A strong wave of jealousy floods your mind as you watch his delicate, pale hands caress Tae's shoulders. Their loud laughter distracts you from your singing. You begin to sing louder and louder, until you eventually start screeching in order to get rid of Jimin's laughter, ringing in your ears.

"Jungkook-ssi", calls Jimin. His voice is droned out by your overpowering voice.

"Jungkookie?", says Yoongi hyung. "Are you all right", he asks, worry shown all over his face.

"Is everything alright?", Jiminie asks, as he makes his way towards you. "I've noticed you've been dim for the past few days. Do you wanna talk?"

Jimin's soft spoken words and worry in his face makes you smile, and blush as you're around all six of your beloved hyungs.

"I'm just struggling a little with chorus", you say, staring at the ground.

Jimin's eyes light up, and he places his muscular arms on your shoulder. "Don't worry, we can sit and practice together. I'm pretty sure I have nailed the chorus, so I can help you with whatever you need."

Without realising, you nod your head, and walk with him to you room, as Namjoon hyung dismisses you for the day.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time is 11:30 PM

Jimin worked with you for 15 minutes, yet now you feel confident about your singing in the chorus. You humm the song as you're walking to you room; Jimin is in the kitchen drinking water. You decide to accompany him, after all he did for you. 

However, when you get there, you see no trace of Jimin's appearance except for a yellow sticky note, placed on the linoleum counter. It reads,

MEET ME AT THE COURTYARD AT MIDNIGHT

I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL U

- JM

Reading the note, you hurriedly rush to your room, to find Jiminie hyung. However, you soon realise he isn't in your room either. You ask Namjoon hyung if he has seen Jimin, but his reply is negative as well. So, giving up, you decide to wait until midnight, sitting on your bed. You look at the picture of the two of you, propped up in a red and black frame. His sunny smile and exquisite features make you long him even more, his soft hair and pink lips make you want to speed time, his handwriting on the note makes you want to run to the courtyard in his arms. But deep down you know, Jimin probably doesn't love you back. It hurt you so much, but confessing would make things worse for the friendly relationship that the two of you shared. You didn't want to break that.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time is midnight.

Namjoon hyung is soundly sleeping in your room, so you make sure to tiptoe out the door. You grab your black coat in case it's chilly, and you close the front door of the dormitory building. At first you don't see anyone, and you realise that this was another one of Tae's not-so-hilarious pranks. However, near the corner of the building, you see a short hooded figure holding a candle. Ahead, you see a large trail of candles leading up to bench decorated in roses and carnations. You make your way towards the figure, excitement bubbling in your heart. You walk to the figure, and you realise it's Tae! Surprised and alarmed, you walk back a few steps.

"What happened Kookie-ah?", Tae asks. "Where you expecting someone else?"

As if on cue, Tae steps to the side, revealing Jimin dressed in formal attire; a crisp Polo shirt with dress pants. He walks towards you and gives you a tight hug; Tae, takes a blindfold and ties it on your head, while Jimin leads you to the bench decorated in flowers. When the blindfold is taken off, all you see is Jimin. Tae has seemingly disappeared, which disappoints you because he is your friend as well, but the sight around you astonishes you. Pictures of you and Jimin surround the bench along with colorful roses and carnations. After a long time, you felt, maybe all wasn't lost. Maybe, somewhere in his heart, Jimin has love for you. Somewhere...

Jimin POV

You study his expression, as it went from confusion to delight. You observe his smile, his bright bunny teeth, his mole, his clean, smooth face, and his casual clothes. Even though you are all well dressed, you were glad you hadn't told Jungkook to dress formally, because in your opinion, he looks best like this. Remembering the lines you rehearsed with Tae, you start your conversation with Jungkook. 

"Kookie-ah", you say. "I called you today to tell you how I really feel about you. Ever since the day I've met you, I have been attracted to your looks, your personality, and your style. I know you probably don't love back, as much as I do, but I needed to tell you this." His expression looks startled and surprised, but you continue speaking. "I love you a lot, not because you are Jeon Jungkook from BTS, but because you are Jungkookie, my best friend and my vocals and dance buddy. Without you, I wouldn't have as much fun in BTS. I'm sorry if I have caused you any trouble." 

You start to get up and walk away from the bench, but his strong hands clasp your wrist and pull you back.

"Wait", he says. "I need to tell you something too, Jiminie hyung. I love you too, not just as a best friend, but more than that. In fact I love you so much, that I can't bear to see you with anyone else, but me." Tears shimmer in his eyes, which surprises you, showing you his sincerity. "You're an amazing person, whom I can lean on, and who makes me smile when I'm upset. Just like today... You're always there when I NEED U, whether it's today or TOMORROW. You're always there to SAVE ME  from FIRE  or anything that could possibly hurt me. I tried to MOVE ON  from you, but you're just too amazing. I know, sometimes I reject you, but that is only because I've tried to keep this hidden from you. I know, I'm just a BOY IN LUV  but I can't get over you. It's not JUST ONE DAY that I've tried, but it's been weeks and months to come, maybe even years. I've tried to RUN away from the truth, because I was always afraid you didn't love me, but now I'm glad I've told you. Thank you so much. I love you, hyung."

He stands up give you a strong hug, full of passion, love, and sincerity. You embrace him as well, never wanting to let go, in fact nothing interrupts your long embrace until the clock strikes one...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time is 1:00 PM

You and Jungkook break apart, as Taehyung joins you, with a playful smile tugging at the side of his mouth. 

"I knew about both of you lovebirds", he said, snickering. "Taetae oppa, also known as Cupid, is always there to save the day."

"It was your idea?" Jungkook asks. Taehyung nods, and Jungkook's face falls. Great job Tae, you thought quietly to yourself.

"So now what do we do?" he asks Jungkook, hoping Tae doesn't make another obnoxious comment. 

"How about marriage?" Tae says, laughing his head off. You and Jungkook, think otherwise, Jungkook blushing underneath the moonlight. 

"I was thinking, how about we come here every night? Let's keep this relationship a secret, Kookie-ah, so that we can surprise them later".

Jungkook's eyes lit up when you said relationship, and he nodded, standing up.