Chapter 4

Fall, Everything

Yoongi didn't go to classes on Monday morning. Instead he spent the day in his room with headphones over his ears canceling out the world and filling his head with music. He didn't smoke in his room as a rule but he was close to breaking that one.

Last night had been good, fun, but the same as always. The same drunk people saying the same things about nothing. The same mindless music playing too loudly. The same eagerness to be around whoever was spending the money. Different bodies beneath him but faces that may as well be the same for how memorable they were in relation to the last.

At present he sighed and pushed his laptop off to the side, leaning back with his arms folded behind his head. He closed his eyes and soon enough he was thinking about Jin again. This was probably the only new thing to happen in a while.

When Yoongi moved to the school in second year, pissed at the world and pissed at himself, he hadn't liked Jin. As time passed he liked him less. At first they struggled for power, Yoongi's dislike for authority coming swiftly to the surface, but by third year they found a balance of sorts. Yoongi did what he wanted, caused absolute chaos a lot of the time really, but Jin put out the fires and made sure the school stood standing.

That was the extent of their relationship and being in different classes meant they stayed away from each other most of the time except for when Jin needed to shut something down or confront Yoongi directly.

But now, something had changed. Jin had, or more accurately, Yoongi knew another side of Jin existed. A side that he hadn't known about or accounted for. And that bothered Yoongi more than it strictly should. He needed answers and he didn't want to look too closely at why they were so important to him or bothered him so ing much, or when Jin had become such a constant in his life that changes mattered.

Later that evening he jolted awake from half-sleep at the sound of his door opening and closing. He looked up to find Jin walking into his room and sitting in his desk. Yoongi blinked at him, wondering if he was actually hallucinating Jin now before he finally found his words.

"What the ACTUAL -"

"How did you find out?" Jin interrupted him. He looked calm as usual, asking the question conversationally like it wasn't a big deal if he answered or not.

It took a second for Yoongi to catch up but he got there. And once he did a smiled vaguely, "Get the out of my room."

"How?" Jin demanded, only slightly less casually but Yoongi caught it.

"How do I know about you sneaking out to see your little boyfriend? Well he's not really little but..." Yoongi shrugged and smiled a little wider.

Jin sighed and rolled his eyes, "Yes, how did you get that information?"

Yoongi was enjoying this and though he wanted some answers himself he couldn't help it. "Think you're the only one who knows everything around here?"

Jin looked unimpressed, "You didn't know until recently or you would've said something before. Like you're proving right now, you don't miss chances to use something you have on me."

Yoongi hated him for being right. Teasing him was losing its appeal. "Tell me something first."

Jin nodded after a moment. "Fine."

"Who is he?"

"My boyfriend."

Yoongi gave him an unimpressed look much like the one he'd recieved.

"Do you want his name and social security number?" Jin shot him one right back. Yoongi huffed a laugh. "His name is Namjoon."

"How do you know him?" Yoongi asked.

"How did you find out?" Jin ignored him.

"I happened to see you together last week." Yoongi answered.

Jin looked like his brain was working overtime trying to figure out how. 
"You followed me?" Jin asked, a little incredulous. Yoongi hated when he did that. In response he shrugged, there was no way to lie effectively to Jin once he figured the truth out in that annoying way he did without you saying it.

"I didn't know you cared," Jin laughed at him now.

"I don't!"

"So what did you plan on doing with this information?" Jin asked with his arms crossed as he leaned back against Yoongi's desk, relaxing noticeably.

Yoongi shrugged again hiding his annoyance.

"I can tell you're curious about it." Jin tilted his head and considered Yoongi. "If I let you come along with me one night will you call off your gala plans?"

Yoongi could throttle him for how satisfied he looked with himself, pleased he was oh so clever. Yoongi should laugh in his face then report him. He should at least use this as blackmail material. He should...

"Deal."